Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister (68411 Views)

We Will Go After Holders Of Certificates From Degree Mills – Education Minister / I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister / FG Suspends Reopening Of Schools, Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Drumigba(m): 6:40am On Jul 09, 2020
What plans are on ground by the FG to curb or even subtle this pandemic? Kids not writing WAEC this year, will next year be free of the pandemic without plans or efforts to curb it. Mere lip service. Who does the FG care about?

1 Like

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 09, 2020
These people reason from their anus.. You are opening other sector of the economy and you don't want to open the education sectors or atleast allow the terminal class take their final exams,allow them take their waec. Some of them have taking the jamb, paid for the waec registrations, have been coaching themselves and you come out from nowhere to say they won't sit for the exams for safety reasons at the time when other countries are gradually reopening. I spit on this minister's forehead

1 Like

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Beny2019(m): 6:50am On Jul 09, 2020
Naija leaders are not only corrupt but also very flummox. Why did they at first asked exams classes 2 reopen and now forbidding waec candidates not 2 take part this year Must they rules us in such crazy manner?
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by ademijuwonlo(f): 7:12am On Jul 09, 2020
Bad time to be a private school teacher!
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by SILVERLINES: 7:22am On Jul 09, 2020
post=91516610:
By 4th of May your desire to die is granted to you.
Just give me one more week to make you stay alive.
By 4th of May you are free to go out and die,
your dying can be possible between 8am to 6pm.
If you escape death within those hours then you can still enjoy my arms of love, to keep you safe between hours 8pm to 6am.

But I remain steadfast in keeping your children alive.
So schools remain shut down.

I will also be blameless before God and man,
so all churches mosques night clubs weddings birthday parties etc, remain shut down till further notice.

No beer joints or amala or isi-ewu or Barbecue or Suya spots or joints shall entertain sitting, buy ur food as take away and waka, if you like sit down and drink,
virus lives on surfaces of tables at least between 2 and 4 days,
so you can sit and eat and drink on table surfaces at joints or restaurant.

you are sick
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by God2man2again(m): 7:40am On Jul 09, 2020
YemyTemmy:
This is what happens when you keep someone who had not interest in education to be in charge. The Cambridge IGCSE will release results for final year students to proceed into university despite not writing exams.... learning is examination!!!! Put their continuous assessment together and get them results instead of making them lose a whole year!!! Vagabond in power VIP
. No! No! No! This is not going to be accepted. How can you use continuous assessment to determine results? or to determine the work of 6yrs? How?
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Darlingboy4sure(m): 7:49am On Jul 09, 2020
Ah! Nawa oo. So how these students go do nau
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by yemz01(m): 7:58am On Jul 09, 2020
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by yusman14(m): 8:18am On Jul 09, 2020
bikaka17:
And later a Job post will come with age limit...after a year is already gone empty...and even whn school resumes you will hear there's a pending strike still not attended to by ASUU...Nigeria which way forward.�
Exactly!!!
That is what I am thinking...age factor is very important...so I will be graduating at 24+ if we resume next year..and finish NYSC by 25+ which is very bad for Nigeria labour market..
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by yusman14(m): 8:22am On Jul 09, 2020
That means that this year UTME candidates will resume by 2022+
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Alabaarowolo: 8:24am On Jul 09, 2020
Schools’ resumption: Mixed reactions as FG reverses self, dashes hope of WASC candidates
The Nigerian  government Wednesday reversed its decision to reopen schools across the country for graduating students to write final examinations.
Minister of Education Adamu Adamu  announced this while addressing State House correspondents at the end of the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja.
https://www.blueprint.ng/schools-resumption-mixed-reactions-as-fg-reverses-self-dashes-hope-of-wasc-candidates/

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 09, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Federal govt colleges.
Okay. Like Command day secondary school, Federal Government Girls College etc?
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 09, 2020
SageX1444:
Okay. Like Command day secondary school, Federal Government Girls College etc?

Yes

1 Like

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 09, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Yes
thank you for the lesson.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Vivikema: 8:36am On Jul 09, 2020
Please if you know any in need of a tutorial teacher, I'm available.... Please do send me a dm
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by yusman14(m): 8:39am On Jul 09, 2020
Good morning everyone...
God will save our land from this pandemic..pls help someone here..Due to this pandemic,I have been broke..to fed sef is a war.. please can anybody help me with anything just to feed...I am also looking for work around Ikorodu, Lagos State..
Gtbank..
jolayemi Yusuf..I don't mind anything..
God will bless you for helping!!!
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by abidem4real: 8:44am On Jul 09, 2020
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Facor: 8:55am On Jul 09, 2020
It's neva a surprise outcome in a country where leaders certificates are questionable. Look at the decision of a Prof.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by chillychill(f): 9:02am On Jul 09, 2020
GeneralPula:

In the USA, the schools won’t resume until next academic calendar year..

No be only naija never open school. Make una calm down.. May we not see what happened to Italy!

LOL so we must do what d USA is doing when it comes to d virus but we can't do what d USA is doing in oda cases? I tot we re an independent country sir
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by lizabeet(f): 9:19am On Jul 09, 2020
Seriously!
duality:

They are confused by listening to the wrong people.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Brunicekid(m): 9:28am On Jul 09, 2020
ademijuwonlo:
Bad time to be a private school teacher!
It doesn't affect private schools.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Teejay13(m): 9:37am On Jul 09, 2020
So bad!
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by ademijuwonlo(f): 9:38am On Jul 09, 2020
Brunicekid:
It doesn't affect private schools.
Really? Private schools are not opened and they are not paying their teachers cos of the schl lockdown.

1 Like

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by brainshaker(m): 9:46am On Jul 09, 2020
See as this northern illiterates they play suway with people destiny,I repeat no foreigner will ever school in Nigeria with all this bad style of leadership,and some apc supporters are still chanting change
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by GeneralPula: 10:34am On Jul 09, 2020
chillychill:

LOL so we must do what d USA is doing when it comes to d virus but we can't do what d USA is doing in oda cases? I tot we re an independent country sir

That’s the way you reason it.. It’s not only USA, Nigeria that’s not opening schools yet.. Mostly all nations. Are other nations not independent as well?

Why don’t you think it like this.. The world is already in a delicate delima and every nation is just trying to cop this pandemic..

USA is protecting its citizen
Nigeria is protecting its citizen
So as the rest of the world.

When all calm down, things will reset!
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Akano5(m): 10:40am On Jul 09, 2020
Lobatan.. so i will have to sacrifice 1 year abi. am in ss 2 now, am 17 year old.!! Will i remain the same age when we finally resume. Infact.? Ooh God
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by chillychill(f): 10:47am On Jul 09, 2020
GeneralPula:

That’s the way you reason it.. It’s not only USA, Nigeria that’s not opening schools yet.. Mostly all nations. Are other nations not independent as well?

Why don’t you think it like this.. The world is already in a delicate delima and every nation is just trying to cop this pandemic..

USA is protecting its citizen
Nigeria is protecting its citizen
So as the rest of the world.

When all calm down, things will reset!

Exactly we will all calm down.. Isn't dat d best tin we've all been doing? A country dat has opened d market(most of all dis kids re already in d market hawking for dere mothers o). This children re sitting one by one on a sit ni o at most two on a sit n dey will b far from each other (incase uve forgotten its an external exam dey re still not expected to sit together).

If I am a parent I had left home since morning (probably to the market) what makes u think if I had contacted d virus I won't transfer it to d kids at home? Dis useless ppl dat ure trying to defend did dey test ppl around ur area(if u stay on d Island n all dose rich places of course dey might do dat) even when we all re at home waiting n hoping for d test dem no do.. D earlier we no dis virus is here to stay for a while d better. If u stay in ondo n edo state I no ull go out to vote dat day(n if u aren't staying dere shebi u get TV we shall see how dere 3meters apart abi na 6meters apart go work) cos it wasn't like dat during d primary election.. Hypocrites dats what our leaders areundecided

1 Like

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by GeneralPula: 11:14am On Jul 09, 2020
chillychill:

Exactly we will all calm down.. Isn't dat d best tin we've all been doing? A country dat has opened d market(most of all dis kids re already in d market hawking for dere mothers o). This children re sitting one by one on a sit ni o at most two on a sit n dey will b far from each other (incase uve forgotten its an external exam dey re still not expected to sit together).

If I am a parent I had left home since morning (probably to the market) what makes u think if I had contacted d virus I won't transfer it to d kids at home? Dis useless ppl dat ure trying to defend did dey test ppl around ur area(if u stay on d Island n all dose rich places of course dey might do dat) even when we all re at home waiting n hoping for d test dem no do.. D earlier we no dis virus is here to stay for a while d better. If u stay in ondo n edo state I no ull go out to vote dat day(n if u aren't staying dere shebi u get TV we shall see how dere 3meters apart abi na 6meters apart go work) cos it wasn't like dat during d primary election.. Hypocrites dats what our leaders areundecided

No one is disputing the virus isn't here to stay... What FG is trying to do is to simply prepare adequate safety precautions for schools. It's possible but might take a little time..

Its better students resume and with a good health than resuming and things start falling apart!!!!
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by tunary(m): 11:38am On Jul 09, 2020
IamgratefulLord:

If you have JESUS Christ, preach to others but if you don't have Him in your life, please accept Him today and that would guarantee you eternal LIFE!!!(HEAVEN) smiley
Sometimes you preachers get me confuse. What does it mean to have Jesus Christ?
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by ChristoBam: 11:44am On Jul 09, 2020
God2man2again:

Yes! Social distancing can still be maintained provided there is full control by the supervising officers in their domitaries.
Classes are available because other students are yet to resume, only the graduating classes are present in the school, there would be enough space to conduct the exam to avoid wasting one full year of academy which is also demotivating for the students.

We may not know the implication of this decision until next year when there will be clashes of exams, ss2 and ss3 sitting for WAEC in 2021. Jss2 and Jss3 sitting together in 2021.

We are appealing to the FG to rescind this decision for the sake of the future of these candidates.

Lol SS2 and SS3 writing WAEC? When their academic calendar is also paused?
If all students resume in January or so, how will SS2 students write WAEC alongside SS3? They still have about 3 terms to go through before they can write it. Everything will continue as normal.

Social distancing in Boarding house? Supervisors? Ni SS3 students? Lmao.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Sadiq001: 12:11pm On Jul 09, 2020
AMEN.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Sco Pa Tu Manaa? / Bauchi Secondary School Closed After Students Held Wedding Among Themselves / UNILAG Girls In "Car Wash" Show During Hall Week Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.