Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister (68415 Views)

We Will Go After Holders Of Certificates From Degree Mills – Education Minister / I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister / FG Suspends Reopening Of Schools, Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Jman06(m): 10:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
Whoever advises this government about covid19 is doing a very bad job.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by IamgratefulLord(f): 10:40pm On Jul 08, 2020
tunary:
Hmmmm
If you have JESUS Christ, preach to others but if you don't have Him in your life, please accept Him today and that would guarantee you eternal LIFE!!!(HEAVEN) smiley

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by frozen70(f): 10:40pm On Jul 08, 2020
ifytrik:
It will not be well with those dwarfs that invented corona virus

You are very funny
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by frozen70(f): 10:41pm On Jul 08, 2020
Mikelarteta:
Confusing reports everywhere,they will never speak with one voice. Issues like this is very sensitive and shouldn’t be giving conflicting reports. This country tire me sef.

Honestly ❗
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by mustaphagreens(m): 10:43pm On Jul 08, 2020
VickyRotex:

lol I'm lost. Exploring several NL accounts?

Genders. Lol
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by earnit3: 10:52pm On Jul 08, 2020

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by YemyTemmy: 11:04pm On Jul 08, 2020
This is what happens when you keep someone who had not interest in education to be in charge. The Cambridge IGCSE will release results for final year students to proceed into university despite not writing exams.... learning is examination!!!! Put their continuous assessment together and get them results instead of making them lose a whole year!!! Vagabond in power VIP

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by SirWarlock: 11:10pm On Jul 08, 2020
Investnow2017:

SirWarlock, I was just cooking up this very beautiful proposition recently saying "since the education is completely shut down in Nigeria Bokoharam should please cease fire, after all their fight is against western education, and Covid-19 has helped them to achieve it without shedding blood"
What do you think? Some are looking at next year as if 2021 possesses the miracle. We do not know yet what we are up against. Unless there is a divine intervention, even with a vaccine, not everyone will be able to receive it next year. It is a global need cutting across all age brackets and sex. If it is not safe now it is not going to be safe in 2021 with these surging figures. The world is in deep shit.

I feel like the world is gradually giving up on controlling this virus. Can't say I blame them though, corona is supreme now grin. Like you said in another post if a vaccine is probably developed, it's going to another year long issue and with the US halting funding WHO I don't have a good outlook of years to come.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by MRSEE: 11:13pm On Jul 08, 2020
"He said he would prefer Nigerian students lose an academic year to expose them to dangers"

Please, which danger is this MALLAM referring to? The average Nigerian students are roaming about on the street, market places and who knows where jobless and the MALLAM talking as if the students are in one safe heaven and returning back to school is a danger. I think it is high time the country just breakup because we can all see crystal clear that the north will continue to move backwards and unfortunately they are the ones 'ruling' this shit hole.

5 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by SirWarlock: 11:14pm On Jul 08, 2020
Investnow2017:

You have hit at a sensitive point here. When I hear people are waiting for 2021 for a vaccine, they imagine they are just going to get vaccinated automatically! The present world population is 7.8billion. The chances of everyone especially in the third world getting vaccinated within a year is slim. Remember, it is not a vaccine that is limited to a certain age group or nation, it is a worldwide need. I don't see the entire world being vaccinated fully until 2025! There are so many obstacles on the way. The whole conspiracy theories against vaccination would have to be cleared, the vaccine has to be free otherwise it will be hijacked by greedy entrepreneurs, it has to be widely distributed, it has to be in enough quantity, it has to be administered. And like you said, often it will be those in the upper class first before it flows down, and in the process, it might get politicised, it might be adulterated in the process etc. Even though free, the greedy dispenser here might create a frenzy scenario such that you might have to give up some cash to get the vaccine on time! Remember shortly after the lockdown was relaxed some folks were paying to get a good position on the queue to be able to get some cash at the bank. All that are possibilities here. So it would seem to me that majority are not yet kept abreast of what we are up against. The future does not possess the miracle unless we begin now to marshal out a plan B, because the virus is not just going to vanish. Our testing has not told me we are ready to flatten the curve yet.
Once again another good write up from you. Wish nairaland had better emojis sad
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by MRSEE: 11:16pm On Jul 08, 2020
MRSEE:

"He said he would prefer Nigerian students lose an academic year to expose them to dangers"

Please, which danger is this MALLAM referring to? The average Nigerian students are roaming about on the street, market places and who knows where jobless and the MALLAM talking as if the students are in one safe heaven and returning back to school is a danger. I think it is high time the country just breakup because we can all see crystal clear that the north will continue to move backwards and unfortunately they are the ones 'ruling' this shit hole.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by paul100(m): 11:31pm On Jul 08, 2020
KingEzo:
This is not true. He said unity secondary school students and perhaps other federal government secondary school. Not applicable to all the students
But people that are attending the school as stated in your post are still going to the same universities those attending private secondary sch are also aspiring for.Nigeria is a failed country.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by MajorOvakporaye(f): 11:38pm On Jul 08, 2020
techmo:
cool

Seyi Makinde may not like this, his own his propaganda first health later

shut up!!!
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Hibiscus62: 11:40pm On Jul 08, 2020
It's understandable when nursery, primary and secondary school children are restricted from going back to school, but restricting undergraduates (adults that can keep up with the prescribed social distancing and aseptic measures) from going back to school shows that this country is worse be than a joke.

Final year students and those that were supposed to take professional exams are stucked and this has greatly contributed to the rise in depression among undergraduates.

If Buhari led Federal government doesn't want schools to reopen, they should endeavor to approach the senate for the approval of a mechanism that will give some academic waiver to undergraduates.

3 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by MajorOvakporaye(f): 11:41pm On Jul 08, 2020
post=91516610:
By 4th of May your desire to die is granted to you.
Just give me one more week to make you stay alive.
By 4th of May you are free to go out and die,
your dying can be possible between 8am to 6pm.
If you escape death within those hours then you can still enjoy my arms of love, to keep you safe between hours 8pm to 6am.

But I remain steadfast in keeping your children alive.
So schools remain shut down.

I will also be blameless before God and man,
so all churches mosques night clubs weddings birthday parties etc, remain shut down till further notice.

No beer joints or amala or isi-ewu or Barbecue or Suya spots or joints shall entertain sitting, buy ur food as take away and waka, if you like sit down and drink,
virus lives on surfaces of tables at least between 2 and 4 days,
so you can sit and eat and drink on table surfaces at joints or restaurant.

shut up!!!
talking rubbish!!!

1 Like

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by bobostykah(m): 11:47pm On Jul 08, 2020
ikorodureporta:
The right way to go! Kenya did the same thing. All of you crying for school & church resumption shl know that this is like a war situation. Staying alive is what matters most
God bless you, you have spoken like someone who really understand's the effects of COVID-19, it beats my imaginations seeing educated people, people who should know better talk without proper reasoning..
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by paul100(m): 11:50pm On Jul 08, 2020
Kimzylove:
This is wrong!!!!

Some schools have big buildings and since it will be only the graduating class in school they will be able to observe social distancing, 20 students in a well spaced class will be okay.
This whole thing is absolutely crazy... These people know what they're doing.. Trying to delay people progress.
The problem here is Nigeria government are the most senseless set of human beingd i have ever heard.
Before waec is allowed to take place in a particular school.The school must be good and big enough to accommodate a lot of students.
As you said only ss3 students are resuming.Why can our stupid government not use all the class roomin the school because of social distancing,tell every student to wear face masks and check their body temperature before they enter the school gate,SIMPLE.
They are talking about life when those same student go to church,play football everyday,go to buy something.
I pity us in the university because if na secondary school dey bring all this talk.When will University students resume?

4 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:50pm On Jul 08, 2020
i know they are just giving student false hope
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 09, 2020
Kelvin5214:
Opening schools is safer for children than keeping them closed! Depression, youth suicide, increase in crime rate as a result of joblessness, boredom and more family stress are very serious consequences of keeping schools closed.

How many children do you have that you are ready to expose?
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Pacesetter123(m): 12:19am On Jul 09, 2020
Chuksmonika:
my brother, this is not about confused government, we are talking about "safety" here, I think FG took the best decision, na person wey dey alive dey think of exam oo, As a matter of fact, Nigerians should start bracing up as a matter of utmost urgency for another nationwide lockdown, cause that one go happen anytime Next week!
But this same SS 3 students are attending market,churches and mosques.So corona leave inside schools only? I don't even know what you and de government are talking about sef.So discouraging.

2 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 09, 2020
bobostykah:
God bless you, you have spoken like someone who really understand's the effects of COVID-19, it beats my imaginations seeing educated people, people who should know better talk without proper reasoning..

Some want schools to resume so they can see their girl friends o, not that they so much value education.

Lazy youths indeed.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by VickyRotex(f): 12:54am On Jul 09, 2020
mustaphagreens:

Genders. Lol

lol okay. The 56 made me wonder if we were still on the same topic. grin

Well, how's that going for you? undecided

1 Like

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by megatron7: 12:57am On Jul 09, 2020
Foolish people wey no dey think they open flight and boarder but they no won open sch
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by ScholarshipRead: 1:35am On Jul 09, 2020
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by GeneralPula: 1:52am On Jul 09, 2020
chillychill:
They keep saying "until it is safe" ppl wey no do test for ppl wen dere was total lock down , wey Don open market, wey Don open airport, wey Don open bank.. Re now saying until it is a safe..

So even if it's not safe till next three years dem no go do dere exam...? This virus is here already, n it doesn't have a vaccine yet so it will b here for a long time(I guess) y not get a solution for dis children.. I am seriously not happy with d way dis government is handling dis virus thing cry

In the USA, the schools won’t resume until next academic calendar year..

No be only naija never open school. Make una calm down.. May we not see what happened to Italy!
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Fox12(m): 1:56am On Jul 09, 2020
You find it easy to sacrifice an academic year than sacrificing an election year ahbi?.

Dis Dude is Gat notin to say...He just wanna make an Headline.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Chuksmonika(m): 2:27am On Jul 09, 2020
Pacesetter123:
But this same SS 3 students are attending market,churches and mosques.So corona leave inside schools only? I don't even know what you and de government are talking about sef.So discouraging.
that is the irony here bro, but please, am not holding brief for FG at all!
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by billfast: 2:39am On Jul 09, 2020
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Gangsa(m): 3:49am On Jul 09, 2020
Golliibiie43:
How will dey enter uni?

I wander ooh. Even does who are admitted last year have not yet started lectures talk more of them
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by nelsonose: 5:09am On Jul 09, 2020
Chuksmonika:
my brother, this is not about confused government, we are talking about "safety" here, I think FG took the best decision, na person wey dey alive dey think of exam oo, As a matter of fact, Nigerians should start bracing up as a matter of utmost urgency for another nationwide lockdown, cause that one go happen anytime Next week!
Safety my foot. Are local markets not opened? Are political gathering and activities not being held? Don't our kids interact in their neighborhoods and move about in the streets? Now interstate travel restrictions have been relaxed and your dare talk of safety?
I can't imagine a nation toying with the future and destiny of her citizens and country by recklessly shutting down schools when under the same conditions other social-economic activities of lesser or insignificant values are allowed to blossom. This is quite shameful. Shameful indeed!
Take it our leave it, it is either this govt is grossly competent or there is something it is hiding with reference to the education sector and that is what playing out now.
If the education and health ministers cannot get a way round the corona virus pandemic to open school as other sectors are being opened, they should honourably resign their positions. Nigeria is greater than few individuals plunging the country backward.
Enough is enough!

1 Like

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by God2man2again(m): 5:54am On Jul 09, 2020
ChristoBam:

Unity schools are boarding schools.
Most federal secondary schools are boarding schools.
How do you maintain social distancing in school domitaries?
And these students will be coming from all over the country

Yes! Social distancing can still be maintained provided there is full control by the supervising officers in their domitaries.
Classes are available because other students are yet to resume, only the graduating classes are present in the school, there would be enough space to conduct the exam to avoid wasting one full year of academy which is also demotivating for the students.

We may not know the implication of this decision until next year when there will be clashes of exams, ss2 and ss3 sitting for WAEC in 2021. Jss2 and Jss3 sitting together in 2021.

We are appealing to the FG to rescind this decision for the sake of the future of these candidates.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP! / What Is The Meaning Of Sco Pa Tu Manaa? / Bauchi Secondary School Closed After Students Held Wedding Among Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.