Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,270 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister (68400 Views)

We Will Go After Holders Of Certificates From Degree Mills – Education Minister / I’m Surprised ASUU Has Gone On Strike – Malam Adamu, Education Minister / FG Suspends Reopening Of Schools, Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by zill(f): 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
ikorodureporta:
The right way to go! Kenya did the same thing. All of you crying for school & church resumption shl know that this is like a war situation. Staying alive is what matters most

Thank you. A child who is alive is the one who'll write exams.

1 Like

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Jahwinaboy(m): 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
fairfora:
i have warned our youths sternly in the other thread. If they don't want to throw their parents into mourning, they shouldn't think of joining the Nigeria army under this govt. They'd transport them to the north east in rhe hands of boko haram
That's right
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Enemyofpeace: 8:13pm On Jul 08, 2020
Haaaaaaaaaaa, what will now happen to mynd44, funjosh, eleko1,seunmohmoh, fatymore and Vickyrotex that have bean using hold age to study for the exams? Chei aye ma ni ika o
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Burruchaga71(m): 8:13pm On Jul 08, 2020
Imagine a mallam is an education minister, truly Nigeria is finished.

1 Like

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Investnow2017: 8:14pm On Jul 08, 2020
onyxo76:
as for vaccine if it arrives today, you won't get it till 3 years to this time, those law makers will first hijack the vaccine for themselves and their families, the rest go be black market runs...
You have hit at a sensitive point here. When I hear people are waiting for 2021 for a vaccine, they imagine they are just going to get vaccinated automatically! The present world population is 7.8billion. The chances of everyone especially in the third world getting vaccinated within a year is slim. Remember, it is not a vaccine that is limited to a certain age group or nation, it is a worldwide need. I don't see the entire world being vaccinated fully until 2025! There are so many obstacles on the way. The whole conspiracy theories against vaccination would have to be cleared, the vaccine has to be free otherwise it will be hijacked by greedy entrepreneurs, it has to be widely distributed, it has to be in enough quantity, it has to be administered. And like you said, often it will be those in the upper class first before it flows down, and in the process, it might get politicised, it might be adulterated in the process etc. Even though free, the greedy dispenser here might create a frenzy scenario such that you might have to give up some cash to get the vaccine on time! Remember shortly after the lockdown was relaxed some folks were paying to get a good position on the queue to be able to get some cash at the bank. All that are possibilities here. So it would seem to me that majority are not yet kept abreast of what we are up against. The future does not possess the miracle unless we begin now to marshal out a plan B, because the virus is not just going to vanish. Our testing has not told me we are ready to flatten the curve yet.

7 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by VickyRotex(f): 8:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
Enemyofpeace:
Haaaaaaaaaaa, what will now happen to mynd44, funjosh, eleko1,seunmohmoh, fatymore and Vickyrotex that have bean using hold age to study for the exams? Chei aye ma ni ika o

Aye ni ka o. RIP English. Na you need this WAEC pass. cry cry
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Livingstone124: 8:16pm On Jul 08, 2020
Old illiterates fools ruling confused citizens who will still vote them again.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by chillychill(f): 8:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
Edojoma:

U r well educated n enlightened dear, it shows dat no one has brain in dis stupid cabinet...

Thank u sir
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by mustaphagreens(m): 8:21pm On Jul 08, 2020
VickyRotex:

Aye ni ka o. RIP English. Na you need this WAEC pass. cry cry

Hanty. You again cheesy
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by VickyRotex(f): 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2020
mustaphagreens:

Hanty. You again cheesy

Hello, I rememeber you. The Justin Trudeau thread grin

Are you transgender? You used to be female? shocked
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by KrazyDave16(m): 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
Na wa ooo
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by lawrenzooo: 8:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
Decibel:
Mallam Adamu Adamu, should sincerely tell us that the North is not ready for this year WAEC, we will understand instead of using Covid-19 pandemic as a shield to cover his ineptitude. cheesy
Far from it bro. The north is every ready as all that is required is to copy from the board. wink

2 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by fabienjoe: 8:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
crazygod:

False. Adults are at higher risk of contacting the virus than kids. #Fact

Perhaps, there's a problem of comprehension. I mean adults are more mature and should behave better than children. They are more likely to observe established protocols and minimize infection risk than children..
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Tpresh(f): 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2020
This is serious.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Chiboto414: 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2020
Chai! My daughter will not believe this..
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by ovoP(m): 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2020
ChiefS:
They should have managed it better by ensuring strict compliance to COVID-19 guidelines in all schools involved in the exam.
They still have another chance to write NECO at a later date since NECO is under the control of Nigeria.
It's not like Naija will be safer at a later date... even till d year ends, we'll still be battling Corona virus
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Investnow2017: 8:35pm On Jul 08, 2020
SirWarlock:
I don't understand sad.What about August . You see why I always ask who has overall authority over schools. Like I've been saying, we aren't ready for anything grin.
SirWarlock, I was just cooking up this very beautiful proposition recently saying "since the education is completely shut down in Nigeria Bokoharam should please cease fire, after all their fight is against western education, and Covid-19 has helped them to achieve it without shedding blood"
What do you think? Some are looking at next year as if 2021 possesses the miracle. We do not know yet what we are up against. Unless there is a divine intervention, even with a vaccine, not everyone will be able to receive it next year. It is a global need cutting across all age brackets and sex. If it is not safe now it is not going to be safe in 2021 with these surging figures. The world is in deep shit.

1 Like

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by ovoP(m): 8:36pm On Jul 08, 2020
zill:

Thank you. A child who is alive is the one who'll write exams.
In the whole world, how many kids have died from the virus? the issue is even their parents..

how long are they going to keep the schools locked..

the next year is not even guaranteed that Nigeria will be safe.. taking away education from children is more dangerous than Covid19 itself... you will see the effect of this pandemic ever ends... Do you know what an academic year is? that's a whole year

2 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by mechanics(m): 8:36pm On Jul 08, 2020
This is not a good news.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Investnow2017: 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2020
fabienjoe:

Perhaps, there's a problem of comprehension. I mean adults are more mature and should behave better than children. They are more likely to observe established protocols and minimize infection risk than children..
Really! In Nigeria? You will be surprised that the reverse will be the case in Nigeria. grin cheesy
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by ChristoBam: 8:42pm On Jul 08, 2020
jayloms:
Haba! So, to conduct exam for ONLY final year students is now a rocket science? So, they cannot ensure strict adherence to the covid-19 safety rules they keep shouting all over the place, so these children can finish this stage of their education? It's really a shame, the kind of inept leaders we have.
Unity schools are boarding schools.
Most federal secondary schools are boarding schools.
How do you maintain social distancing in school domitaries?
And these students will be coming from all over the country
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Thetruthalways: 8:42pm On Jul 08, 2020
Decibel:
Mallam Adamu Adamu, should sincerely tell us that the North is not ready for this year WAEC, we will understand instead of using Covid-19 pandemic as a shield to cover his ineptitude. cheesy
You put ethnicity in everything...
Last time i checked, the south indulge in exam malpractice more than the north in every level...from JAMB to WAEC to NECO...down to the sex for grades in university...
You shouldn't be stupid everytime...
The number of fools liking your stupidity is something else
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Teebabs1vic(m): 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2020
Chai, this pandemic has caused a lot, and is still going to affect many things

It's only God's intervention that can deliver us
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 8:47pm On Jul 08, 2020
A Nigga Once Said: And i heard auchi poly is selling post utme form. Hehe i waf in covid-19
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by chris4grace: 8:49pm On Jul 08, 2020
chillychill:
They keep saying "until it is safe" ppl wey no do test for ppl wen dere was total lock down , wey Don open market, wey Don open airport, wey Don open bank.. Re now saying until it is a safe..

So even if it's not safe till next three years dem no go do dere exam...? This virus is here already, n it doesn't have a vaccine yet so it will b here for a long time(I guess) y not get a solution for dis children.. I am seriously not happy with d way dis government is handling dis virus thing cry

The virus will not be around for as long as you thing...... It will go on extinction very soon.
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by OscarJaden(m): 8:50pm On Jul 08, 2020
finally an extra year for secondarians in Nigeria...
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by chillychill(f): 8:51pm On Jul 08, 2020
chris4grace:

The virus will not be around for as long as you thing...... It will go on extinction very soon.

I pray so too, so because u "believe" like our leaders dose children re suppose to stay at home till den?
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by oluwatosink: 8:53pm On Jul 08, 2020
Nigeria is messed up. Children are immuned to the virus.. Let schools resume and they follow the guidelines and precautions.
As we use to say" Children are the leaders of tomorrow " We can't keep them at home to waste their time and the time they need to be imparted knowledge because of one China virus.
This time the government is neglecting the education sector and now they are interested more in growing the economy by opening markets, resuming air flights across the country and others. Government should open the education sector fully.
Some private schools are doing lessons for their students and strictly enforcing the guidelines and precautions.

Covid-19 is here to stay. Let's live with it by resuming our daily activities.
We'll surely overcome by God's grace and power
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Investnow2017: 9:00pm On Jul 08, 2020
OscarJaden:
finally an extra year for secondarians in Nigeria...
The way things are going people will now be getting married at advanced age - 40+ for men, then fortunate ladies 30+ cheesy
Come to think of it. You 3 years in kg, 8yrs in pry, 7yrs in secondary, jamb wahala for say 2yrs, University minimum of 5yrs depending on your course of study, 2yrs NYSC, now to the saturated job market. Meanwhile you had started yr kg at 3.
After a job, you need to save to settle down. Oh dating. By the time you set, gray hair is just around the corner not so much for your advanced age but the accompanying agonizing stress! The times are true critical just as God has foretold, 2nd Timothy 3:1

2 Likes

Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by wyqay: 9:00pm On Jul 08, 2020
But the news said unity/federal school not state school
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by OscarJaden(m): 9:02pm On Jul 08, 2020
Investnow2017:

The way things are going people will now be getting married at advanced age - 40+ for men, then fortunate ladies 30+ cheesy
Come to think of it. You 3 years in kg, 8yrs in pry, 7yrs in secondary, jamb wahala for say 2yrs, University minimum of 5yrs depending on your course of study, 2yrs NYSC, now to the saturated job market. Meanwhile you had started yr kg at 3.
After a job, you need to save to settle down. Oh dating. By the time you set, gray hair is just around the corner not so much for your advanced age but the accompanying agonizing stress! The times are true critical just as God has foretold, 2nd Timothy 3:1
lol... this country has lost it entirely
Re: Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC – Adamu, Education Minister by Realmargie(f): 9:02pm On Jul 08, 2020
Vicvalentine:

From foolish and corrupt officials
yes ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Sco Pa Tu Manaa? / Bauchi Secondary School Closed After Students Held Wedding Among Themselves / Peace Ufuoma Who Rocked 'Aggressive Malpractice' Shirt Lands In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.