Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. (3694 Views)

Spiritual Meaning Of Waking Up 3am Every Night / Why Do I Always Forget My Dreams Before Waking Up From Bed? / Why Do Memories Of Vivid Dreams Disappear Soon After Waking Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by OtemAtum: 1:07pm On Jul 09, 2020
I went to a public gathering today to hear and know more about people's opinions of things. Six guys gathered, discussing life issues. In no time at all, they have switched over to religious topics. I was very happy at the switch because it's what I wanted to hear from the public all the while. I was not disappointed to see that five of them were against religion, especially the Christianity religion. Only one of them was in support, but not wholeheartedly though. I was just nodding among them, enjoying myself grin

What did they say? A guy confessed how he was punched in the stomach severely while being asked to vomit the object of Satan in his body. He actually went for deliverance at Mountain of Fire. He said when the punches were too much, he had to let saliva flow out of his mouth so that they can leave him alone.

He also talked about a community in his land where there were 20 churches but one school and one health care. The guy was very furious at Christianity and was critically condemning King James who wrote the King James Version of the Bible. He emphasized that African eyes are getting opened.

I will encourage every 'backslider' on nairaland to continue working hard to free up African minds as they are doing now, because it's really having impacts in our society.

They also discussed how churches have used them for free labour in building their universities and schools. Churches used their members to carry bricks, blocks, sands while constructing secondary schools and universities which the poor church member children could not attend.

Another person outrightly said that religion is a scam, without fear or favour.

Pls let all irreligious people keep up with the good work of opening their eyes. Then Africa will get there. Religious nuisance will be rid off our society.

I'm very happy today for what I hear on the streets. cheesy

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
OtemAtum:

He also talked about a community in his land where there were 20 churches but one school and one health care. cheesy

This part annoys me the most.

People tend to be scared to condemn present day religion due to fear of been called a devil.

Religion has its positives but its not been used. Religion should be used in making us citizens of good behavior (exactly why it was created in the first place) but these days religion is something entirely different.

Many churches, few accessible schools , few accessible health center and they all wont even be preaching things uniformly. They all beef each other and preach trash they dont even follow.

Lets open our eyes

4 Likes

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Tolani0167(m): 1:27pm On Jul 09, 2020
Religion is the opium of the people

8 Likes

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by robinso01(m): 1:29pm On Jul 09, 2020
To me, religion hasn't been the problem of Nigerians, our problem is the way we accept it, Africans always overdo with religions, whites that introduced the religion to us were not as religious as we are, blacks always try to abuse everything, such as education, technology, politics, etc.
Whites that introduced education to us didn't even practices 10-14 hrs classes, but in Africa, you will see schools teaching students from 8 am to 6pm, even after the school, some parents will still enroll their children for home lesson, some schools will even organize Saturdays and Sundays lesson. Blacks don't do things accordingly like whites used to do. African churches will organized services everyday, even when Bible only mentioned about sabbath day only to be remembered, and some people will even refused to work, only to be praying to God for help, even when the Bible says " faith without work is dead. Religion wasn't meant to be sources of income, but we Africans always try to use any means as sources of income. As soon as Africans start doing things accordingly, without adding overdo to it, that's when everything can seems to be alright. Irreligious is not the solution to get Nigeria to a better place, we've seen a lot countries that are religious and are doing well, there are some countries that's not religious and are still struggling to be a better place as well.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Dtruthspeaker: 1:31pm On Jul 09, 2020
OtemAtum:
I went to a public gathering today to hear and know more about people's opinions of things. Six guys gathered, discussing life issues. In no time at all, they have switched over to religious topics. I was very happy at the switch because it's what I wanted to hear from the public all the while. I was not disappointed to see that five of them were against religion, especially the Christianity religion. Only one of them was in support, but not wholeheartedly though. I was just nodding among them, enjoying myself grin

What did they say? A guy confessed how he was punched in the stomach severely while being asked to vomit the object of Satan in his body. He actually went for deliverance at Mountain of Fire. He said when the punches were too much, he had to let saliva flow out of his mouth so that they can leave him alone.

He also talked about a community in his land where there were 20 churches but one school and one health care. The guy was very furious at Christianity and was critically condemning King James who wrote the King James Version of the Bible. He emphasized that African eyes are getting opened.

I will encourage every 'backslider' on nairaland to continue working hard to free up African minds as they are doing now, because it's really having impacts in our society.

They also discussed how churches have used them for free labour in building their universities and schools. Churches used their members to carry bricks, blocks, sands while constructing secondary schools and universities which the poor church member children could not attend.

Pls let all irreligious people keep up with the good work of opening their eyes. Then Africa will get there. Religious nuisance will be rid off our society.

Let me ask this, I do not intend to quarel or fight or insult, seeing that hushpuppy is a Nigerian, who has defrauded people, is it right to say that Nigerians are Fraudulent people?

Does being a Nigerian mean Nigerians are Frauds?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by dulux07(m): 1:44pm On Jul 09, 2020
Religion in itself isn't bad, man must find peace in something, which materials can't give. It is the abuse of religion that is the problem. and Africans are ignorant set of people, that is why they are easily manipulated.

2 Likes

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by chiiraq802(m): 1:46pm On Jul 09, 2020
OtemAtum:

Other First world countries, ain't they into Religion
Africa is just cursed especially Nigeria, with or with out Religions....

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Dtruthspeaker: 1:47pm On Jul 09, 2020
dulux07:
Religion in itself isn't bad, man must find peace in something, which materials can't give. It is the abuse of religion that is the problem. and Africans are ignorant set of people, that is why they are easily manipulated.

That is why I asked the questions.
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by kingxsamz(m): 1:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
100 years from now it'd be useless.

8 Likes

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Dtruthspeaker: 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2020
chiiraq802:

Other First world countries, ain't they into Religion
Africa is just cursed especially Nigeria, with or with out Religions....

Our people are very foolish gullible people both ways, whether they follow one path or another, they must still be foolish about it.

2 Likes

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Dtruthspeaker: 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2020
kingxsamz:
100 years from now it'd be useless.

100 years from now, they would still be doing a religion even if another one.

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

100 years from now, they would still be doing a religion even if another one.
Yea, but only the ignorant ones and low-level thinkers will remain in one religion or the other by that time. The majority will be irreligious in the age of enlightenment, which started in our own time and will become full-blown in the future world (beyond 100 years from now).

As more and more people get smarter and see the loopholes in all religious texts, the number of irreligious people and atheists will continue to grow. Ultimately, the scale will tip in the favor of irreligion and free-thinking.

5 Likes

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Dtruthspeaker: 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2020
gensteejay:

Yea, but only the ignorant ones and low-level thinkers will remain in one religion or the other by that time. The majority will be irreligious in the age of enlightenment, which started in our own time and will become full-blown in the future world (beyond 100 years from now).

As more and more people get smarter and see the loopholes in all religious texts, the number of irreligious people and atheists will continue to grow. Ultimately, the scale will tip in the favor of irreligion and free-thinking.

Irreligion or irreligiousness shall be a religion to them. And they shall still have ignorant and low level thinkers among them, too, not any different today.

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 09, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Irreligion or irreligiousness shall be a religion to them. .
I understand how a religious person approaches these things. To them, virtually everything is a religion.

As far as I'm concerned, anything that doesn't put more focus and attention on use of the brain and rational thoughts is evil for humanity.

Religions consider obeying their gods and prophets as superior to use of the brain and rationalizing life's issues, but the opposite should be the case, so overall, religions are evil for humanity.

9 Likes

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Juliusmomoh: 2:13pm On Jul 09, 2020
This thread is open 4 those who don't belive in christ...... Beliver's beware

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Dtruthspeaker: 2:26pm On Jul 09, 2020
gensteejay:
I understand how a religious person approaches these things. To them, virtually everything is a religion.

As far as I'm concerned, anything that doesn't put more focus and attention on use of the brain and rational thoughts is evil for humanity.

Religions consider obeying their gods and prophets as superior to use of the brain and rationalizing life's issues, but the opposite should be the case, so overall, religions are evil for humanity.

It is a stupid person who said all these things, not religion.

Just as you are all avoiding the question I asked above, which is, Mr Hushpuppy, is the accused of committing the crime of Fraud, not Otematem, a Nigerian also. Meaning, the person called Hushpuppy, is A Fraud Not Nigeria or Nigerians like Otematem are Frauds.

So also, stupid religious people say stupid things, not the common practice and conduct of a people, which is called religion or custom or tradition or culture.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Dtruthspeaker: 2:27pm On Jul 09, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

This thread is open to all who have access to it!
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by OtemAtum: 2:46pm On Jul 09, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Let me ask this, I do not intend to quarel or fight or insult, seeing that hushpuppy is a Nigerian, who has defrauded people, is it right to say that Nigerians are Fraudulent people?

Does being a Nigerian mean Nigerians are Frauds?

Hushpuppi is just one out of millions of Nigerians. So it's not all Nigerians that defrauded people. Now back to the topic relating to religion, I Otem have histories of all religions ever practised in the world in my possession and I have checked them all to see that all of them had negative impacts on the people of their times. The positive impacts they had was far far lesser than the negative impacts. Now that we are in a more advanced world, it is far far better for us to discard religion and be free from those negative impacts once and for all.
For example, if you have a job you are earning 70k from and losing 200k for tfare and other inconveniences because of the job, will you do it? That's the case of religion to humanity in the 21st century. Religions of the world are built on lies and the root of lies must be destroyed!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by OtemAtum: 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
No bro, anybody can benefit from it, including you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Juliusmomoh: 3:00pm On Jul 09, 2020
OtemAtum:
No bro, anybody can benefit from it, including you.
How can i benefit from a thread open by someone who is agaist my belive
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Dtruthspeaker: 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2020
OtemAtum:

Hushpuppi is just one out of millions of Nigerians. So it's not all Nigerians that defrauded people.

No not one, but the recentest one who made the internet and the news.

There were many before him, there shall be many after him.

OtemAtum:

Now back to the topic relating to religion, I Otem have histories of all religions ever practised in the world in my possession and I have checked them all to see that all of them had negative impacts on the people of their times. The positive impacts they had was far far lesser than the negative impacts.

My query is to the effect, can there be religion without people? No, there is no religion without at least one human being and there can never be a religion without a person.

Can religion do anything of its own? No, it can not and it can never be!

Is it not people who do religion? Yes, it is.

Therefore, if people do either good or bad or elect to do more bad than good, as you say, is it not proper to blame the persons who did not do the good that they are supposed to do?

Is that not why we say Mechanic Kazeem has destroyed my car or Dr Anu has spoilt my butt etc.

OtemAtum:

Now that we are in a more advanced world, it is far far better for us to discard religion and be free from those negative impacts once and for all.
For example, if you have a job you are earning 70k from and losing 200k for tfare and other inconveniences because of the job, will you do it? That's the case of religion to humanity in the 21st century. Religions of the world are built on lies and the root of lies must be destroyed!!!

People Lie, even you, not your profession for it does not speak, nor your practice, for it can not do anything, it is You, the human being who Lies and by Your Statement, You have Condemned Yourself, for if You Lie then "the root of lies must be destroyed!!!
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by OtemAtum: 3:57pm On Jul 09, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

No not one, but the recentest one who made the internet and the news.

There were many before him, there shall be many after him.

My query is to the effect, can there be religion without people? No, there is no religion without at least one human being and there can never be a religion without a person.

Can religion do anything of its own? No, it can not and it can never be!

Is it not people who do religion? Yes, it is.

Therefore, if people do either good or bad or elect to do more bad than good, as you say, is it not proper to blame the persons who did not do the good that they are supposed to do?

Is that not why we say Mechanic Kazeem has destroyed my car or Dr Anu has spoilt my butt etc.

People Lie, even you, not your profession for it does not speak, nor your practice, for it can not do anything, it is You, the human being who Lies and by Your Statement, You have Condemned Yourself, for if You Lie then "the root of lies must be destroyed!!!

It's like saying that we should not discourage exam malpractices because it's not the malpractices that is bad but the people practising it. Or like saying we should encourage cultism in school because it's not the cultism that's doing the evil, but the people practising it. How do these sound to you?

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Kobojunkie: 4:31pm On Jul 09, 2020
robinso01:
To me, religion hasn't been the problem of Nigerians, our problem is the way we accept it, Africans always overdo with religions, whites that introduced the religion to us were not as religious as we are, blacks always try to abuse everything, such as education, technology, politics, etc.
Whites that introduced education to us didn't even practices 10-14 hrs classes, but in Africa, you will see schools teaching students from 8 am to 6pm, even after the school, some parents will still enroll their children for home lesson, some schools will even organize Saturdays and Sundays lesson. Blacks don't do things accordingly like whites used to do. African churches will organized services everyday, even when Bible only mentioned about sabbath day only to be remembered, and some people will even refused to work, only to be praying to God for help, even when the Bible says " faith without work is dead. Religion wasn't meant to be sources of income, but we Africans always try to use any means as sources of income. As soon as Africans start doing things accordingly, without adding overdo to it, that's when everything can seems to be alright. Irreligious is not the solution to get Nigeria to a better place, we've seen a lot countries that are religious and are doing well, there are some countries that's not religious and are still struggling to be a better place as well.
I believe you to be correct. The mentality of the average African is what breeds these addictions, creating the many problems we have today, including religion -- essentially taking even some of the best ideas available and turning it upside down in the end. undecided
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 09, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

It is a stupid person who said all these things, not religion.
Say what in particular?
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2020
gensteejay:
The religious people I have studied, some of them I know of, rarely obey their specified God/gods though.
Instead, they confuse their personal delusions with that of their God's, following doctrines and ideas instead of what is stipulated. The same can be seen in Christianity today. I have also observed this in most all religions I have researched so far. undecided

1 Like

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The religious people I have studied, some of them I know of, rarely obey their specified God/gods though.
Instead, they confuse their personal delusions with that of their God's, following doctrines and ideas instead of what is stipulated. The same can be seen in Christianity today. I have also observed this in most all religions I have researched so far. undecided
If people follow the injunctions of a god like Allah or Jehovah to the letter, there will be always chaos and acts of terrorism everywhere on earth.

A religious person just has to apply common sense to some things in those religious texts.

So, most religionists cherrypick their favorite parts of the Bible or Qur'an as the case maybe, but those books are supposed to be infallible and divine.

For instance, how many Muslims in the South West (Yorubas) will want Sharia to be implemented all over the region? Only very few will support this, and those ones are called fundamentalists or extremists.

Funnily enough, it's those extremists or fundamentalists that really try to practise Islam to the letter. The majority of the rest merely stick to a watered-down version of the religion.

The same thing applies to Christianity.

Those that strive to follow Yahweh's or Allah's injunctions, as contained in the Bible or Qur'an, to the letter are religious people called extremists or fundamentalists. In other words, they're fanatic people.

7 Likes

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Ahasco(m): 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2020
OtemAtum:

YEAH! THATS JUST THE WAY TO GO
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Dtruthspeaker: 5:18pm On Jul 09, 2020
OtemAtum:
It's like saying that we should not discourage exam malpractices because it's not the malpractices that is bad but the people practising it. Or like saying we should encourage cultism in school because it's not the cultism that's doing the evil, but the people practising it. How do these sound to you?

No, you are not saying "exam malpractice" but you are rather saying that the exam is not good because people cheat during examinations.

Cultism on its own force, sounds like a bad thing already like armed robbery or kidnapping, all of which people naturally have condemned from the beginning, even before any person takes it up as a profession or religion, which is not so, with the practice of Respecting the Creator and our Creator!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 09, 2020
cruxgemmata:

This part annoys me the most.

People tend to be scared to condemn present day religion due to fear of been called a devil.

Religion has its positives but its not been used. Religion should be used in making us citizens of good behavior (exactly why it was created in the first place) but these days religion is something entirely different.

Many churches, few accessible schools , few accessible health center and they all wont even be preaching things uniformly. They all beef each other and preach trash they dont even follow.

Lets open our eyes

You're very correct.....

It pains me so much.....

But why hasn't any atheist topic made FP before
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2020
robinso01:

Fa...c...t
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2020
dulux07:

You just said my mind
Re: Africa Is Waking Up: I'm Satisfied With What I Heard Today. by Missyajoke(f): 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

God bless you
What like what's the point here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christians: What Exactly Does God Do All Day? / Masterful Analysis On The Alleged Crucifiction Of Jesus Christ / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.