Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,479 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation (27971 Views)

Osinbajo Wants To Scam You - Sowore Tells Nigerians / Did Lai Mohammed Say Adeboye, Kumuyi Will Be Prosecuted For Defying Twitter? / Kiki Osinbajo Denies Owning N800m House In Abuja, Slams Jackson Ude (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by Sirwallace(m): 8:14pm On Jul 09, 2020
I knew Osinbajo was gonna sue she I saw that bribery allegattion. Dude better come with proof to exonerate himself if not, he don enter one chance.

Everybody cannot be displaying blinded foolishness like Reno Omokri and get away with it.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by Hofbrauhaus(m): 8:15pm On Jul 09, 2020
Ajibel:

So that you can take over?

Clown grin

Then tell him to shutup..He is a short thief.
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by DelTel(m): 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2020
uboma:

Most of these bloggers publish unverified reports.

He should be prosecuted for defamation. Maybe, these will serve as a deterrent to the others.

We all want a better society hence we can not allow the fourth realm to go to the dogs like our political scape.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by socialmediaman: 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2020
stealmatic:
as am reading dis ur comment ehn,u made me puke,u ar d bigest fool on earth,ode.am sure f he kept quiet u fools wil stil say he eat d money,

Calm down bro we’re not fighting. Jackson is in the US. If the VP is serious he should go to the US where real democracy is practiced and fight the blogger in court, or write to the embassy. This is non starter, it ends here, and people like you have been won over. Case closed.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by emperor863(m): 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
aremso:

You graduated from which school? That certificate should be withdrawn from you else, you cant get job anywhere in the world you dont have single sense at all.

Why are you talking like this? Dem dey go school?

Seriously, an average person from that side doesn't go to school. Spare part shops, drug trafficking (like the Pakistan case trending on line), baby factory operations, armed robbery, kidnapping are the vocation that have kept them out of school.

Thus, they can not reason better than what you are observing. You can not give more than what you have.
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by Guestlander: 8:25pm On Jul 09, 2020
This news dey sweet my belle well well .
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by Guestlander: 8:26pm On Jul 09, 2020
socialmediaman:

Calm down bro we’re not fighting. Jackson is in the US. If the VP is serious he should go to the US where real democracy is practiced and fight the blogger in court, or write to the embassy. This is non starter, it ends here, and people like you have been won over. Case closed.

The m.oron is in the US and making up stories about things he doesn't know anything about.
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by cryptotech: 8:31pm On Jul 09, 2020
Do you think all blogger operate from Nigeria soil, how many do you want to prob, even with the help of interpol it difficult, different country different law...these mean nothing in some country because no evidence, is just asumption.. any way he his right at least to teach some fools with fake news some lesson.
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by Kindledlight(m): 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2020
socialmediaman:
That’s what they are good at, using influential positions to arrest people who publish allegations against them.

You’re a public officer, defend yourself before the public, don’t stifle the press and freedom of speech

Hope very soon you won’t come here disturbing us with #justiceforjacksonude.
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2020
socialmediaman:

The said Jackson is in the US. He knows his rights, the VP knows what he’s doing. He has achieved his objective, public sympathy wins.
Even if he is in heaven, a petition is a petition.
Osinbajo may be seeking public sympathy but that doesn't mean his rights to petition should be waived.
Jackson Ude should come up with proofs that's all I'm asking for. I hate when people accuse people online without showing proof.
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by TAYO124: 8:45pm On Jul 09, 2020
Balenciagaokey:

https://punchng.com/osinbajo-asks-ig-to-probe-blogger-over-n4bn-magu-report/?amp=1

The ude-boy will become an ‘ode’ man soon when the law Professor drains him for all he is worth in court.
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by socialmediaman: 8:46pm On Jul 09, 2020
J111333:
Even if he is in heaven, a petition is a petition.
Osinbajo may be seeking public sympathy but that doesn't mean his rights to petition should be waived.
Jackson Ude should come up with proofs that's all I'm asking for. I hate when people accuse people online without showing proof.

I agree with you. He should show proofs like the ones they showed when they accused GEJ serially and won your sympathy, right?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by Kindledlight(m): 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2020
cryptotech:
Do you think all blogger operate from Nigeria soil, how many do you want to prob, even with the help of interpol it difficult, different country different law...these mean nothing in some country because no evidence, is just asumption.. any way he his right at least to teach some fools with fake news some lesson.

So because he operates from abroad that is why he has pleasure in tarnishing someone’s image.He should better not step his foot on the soil of Nigeria as the matter of fact he will even be extradited because he has a lot of issues to contend with.You can’t be using your blog and be defaming people because of your political affiliation or sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by ThatFairGuy1: 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2020
socialmediaman:
That’s what they are good at, using influential positions to arrest people who publish allegations against them.

You’re a public officer, defend yourself before the public, don’t stifle the press and freedom of speech
He rebutted his claim, what else do you want? That idiot ought to have present evidence if he's sure of his claim, if not he will rot in jail.
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by socialmediaman: 8:54pm On Jul 09, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

He rebutted his claim, what else do you want? That idiot ought to have present evidence if he's sure of his claim, if not he will rot in jail.

The Idiot that lives in the US you mean? The VP could also go to the US and sue him, at least we’ll have a taste of true democracy at the courts there. I encourage him to do so

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by ojoisimi(m): 9:15pm On Jul 09, 2020
socialmediaman:

If I may ask, How is he supposed to defend himself dummy? The best he can do is to sue that idiotic pig to court. It's left for the ode to provide evidences to prove his case. It's high time people were held responsible for their speech. You can't make such a devilish claim only to start crying foul play when you are called to substantiate your claim.
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by plaindealer: 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2020
Even though the man was never sacked and he's still the CBN governor. We really need to set some kind of example by jailing and fining fake news peddlers.

Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by stealmatic(m): 9:49pm On Jul 09, 2020
socialmediaman:

Guy wat u dnt understand is dat nt al luv politics,i dnt lik any,wat am tryn to say is dat f osinbajo had kept mum its peopl lik u dat wil say he is guilty,he replied yesterday nw he is takin d bold step to tak him to court which is d responsibl tin,but u said he is usin his veto power,do u remember d last aquisatn against him,i knw u are pdp dats y u actin lik dis,lik u said it ends here.
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by socialmediaman: 9:55pm On Jul 09, 2020
stealmatic:
Guy wat u dnt understand is dat nt al luv politics,i dnt lik any,wat am tryn to say is dat f osinbajo had kept mum its peopl lik u dat wil say he is guilty,he replied yesterday nw he is takin d bold step to tak him to court which is d responsibl tin,but u said he is usin his veto power,do u remember d last aquisatn against him,i knw u are pdp dats y u actin lik dis,lik u said it ends here.

I didn’t say he should keep quiet. I said he should appear in public and defend himself. In the process he’ll be asked publicly about his connection to the matter and we’ll learn more. That’s what innocent public officials do, not go to court like Ibori and get acquitted. Stop defending the same people who hushpuppied you and 15 million other Nigerians.

I am not PDP unfortunately.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by oyatz(m): 9:55pm On Jul 09, 2020
Obviously you don't know what you are saying.

There's a world of differences between abuse and criminal defamation of character.

Abusing the President e.g saying Trump is the stupidiest President is a mere 'subjective expression of opinions' which needs not be based on any established fact.

How do you define a stupid person? A stupid action to me may be a brilliant action to you and there is no universally accepted criterion to define what is stupid.

Criminal defamation on the other hand is a deliberate statement of information in a permanent form that are false with the intent to bring a person into disrepute especially in a criminal matter e.g saying Trump shot and killed a security guard or that Osinbajo receive #4 Billion bribe.
Both actions can be verified to determine if they are true or not (no grey areas) and if true attract punishments.

There's no punishment for being a stupid person but there are punishments for murder or receiving bribes.

socialmediaman:

His defenders have come!

Nobody said anything about ignoring anything, he should defend himself before the public, he’s a public officer

Take a good look at these 2 images below and tell me if your politicians have faced anything close to what this leader has faced from his people. He goes to the press and debunks allegations, you don’t stifle the press with your influence. It’s called tyranny!
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by Drakkernoir: 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2020
socialmediaman:

Fools are plenty in this Nigeria sha...i swear..i cant deal again
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by reality1010: 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2020
Balenciagaokey:

https://punchng.com/osinbajo-asks-ig-to-probe-blogger-over-n4bn-magu-report/?amp=1
Wonderful! corrupt Nigerian leader. you were accused of corruption in an ongoing investigation of a top govt official.instead of submitting yourself for investigation you r busy threatening the whistle blower.
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by reality1010: 10:02pm On Jul 09, 2020
socialmediaman:

I didn’t say he should keep quiet. I said he should appear in public and defend himself. In the process he’ll be asked publicly about his connection to the matter and we’ll learn more. That’s what innocent public officials do, not go to court like Ibori and get acquitted. Stop defending the same people who hushpuppied and 15 million other Nigerians.

I am not PDP unfortunately.
Your are right. This is what I expected the VP to do but he s threatening the whistle blower. Let him appear in public and clear himself of the allegations to prove his innocence. I believe it will help him

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by Charly68: 10:15pm On Jul 09, 2020
Fake writters will just sit down to tarnish hard earned integrity of how many years...send him to jail for his type to learn
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by socialmediaman: 10:16pm On Jul 09, 2020
oyatz:
Obviously you don't know what you are saying.

There's a world of differences between abuse and criminal defamation of character.

Abusing the President e.g saying Trump is the stupidiest President is a mere 'subjective expression of opinions' which needs not be based on any established fact.

How do you define a stupid person? A stupid action to me may be a brilliant action to you and there is no universally accepted criterion to define what is stupid.

Criminal defamation on the other hand is a deliberate statement of information in a permanent form that are false with the intent to bring a person into disrepute especially in a criminal matter e.g saying Trump shot and killed a security guard or that Osinbajo receive #4 Billion bribe.
Both actions can be verified to determine if they are true or not (no grey areas) and if true attract punishments.

There's no punishment for being a stupid person but there are punishments for murder or receiving bribes.

Can your president and VP stand these? Let’s not pretend like we don’t know people are in detention for abusing Nigerian leaders like the president. Look at the weight of accusation in the third photo below. I can’t force you to accept the obvious, I can only present you with the facts

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by Ajibel(m): 10:43pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hofbrauhaus:

Then tell him to shutup..He is a short thief.

Goan shut him up now. You sound so pained though grin grin
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by Ajibel(m): 10:48pm On Jul 09, 2020
socialmediaman:

Here we go again! I’m not here to argue PDD and APC propaganda. Jackson is in the US so this is a no starter. Go to the US and sue him and get real justice from a real democracy. I’m sure he’s waiting.

Then why did you bring in GEJ into the discussion if you had no intention of towing the pdp vs apc line.

Mr, we can't know it all. Osinbajo is a professor of law and he has done what he feels is appropriate and that is suing the guy and if it so happens Osinbajo is guilty, he should face the music.

I know you're against this govt but that doesn't mean you should crucify them on unfounded allegations. It could be you or someone you know tomorrow
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by socialmediaman: 10:52pm On Jul 09, 2020
Ajibel:

Then why did you bring in GEJ into the discussion if you had no intention of towing the pdp vs apc line.

Mr, we can't know it all. Osinbajo is a professor of law and he has done what he feels is appropriate and that is suing the guy and if it so happens Osinbajo is guilty, he should face the music.

I know you're against this govt but that doesn't mean you should crucify them on unfounded allegations. It could be you or someone you know tomorrow

I mentioned GEJ because he clears the air publicly when accused, during media chats. Some others will hide inside the villa and be using the police against their accusers! Well he can go the US where the said Jackson lives and prosecute him, not these stunts

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by Kindledlight(m): 11:23pm On Jul 09, 2020
Ajibel:

GEJ should have also sued for defamation of character if truly he knew within himself that his government wasn't corrupt. GEJ had skeletons to hide so he did nothing.

Jonathan that people like Abdulsalami Abubakar,Matthew Kukah are begging the present government not to humiliate with the kind of corruption that took place under him,imagine his wife’s case is been toyed with.
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by wunaESQ(m): 11:42pm On Jul 09, 2020
socialmediaman:

HE WHO ASSERTS MUST PROVE.... burden of proof lies on Mr Jackson Becos he made d assertions
Re: Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:53pm On Jul 09, 2020
socialmediaman:

Many countries agree that cyber defamation can be heard by courts in the country of the person who was slandered.

After all, the alleged crime of defamation was not necessarily committed in the United States, but on the internet.

In Canada, even if you reside in a foreign country, if you defame someone on the internet, and they file a lawsuit against you, every Canadian court has a jurisdiction to hear the case.

Sentences can be passed in absentia regarding cyber defamation. The day Ude then steps into Nigeria, his sentence would take effect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Jonathan Lost Presidential Election – Former Deputy Senate President, Mantu / Southwest Leaders Of Labor Party Speak After Decamping To APC / Ajijola Ajimobi Graduates From University Of Warwick, United Kingdom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.