Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Massob Abandons Agitation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massob Abandons Agitation (3520 Views)

Biafra Agitation: Arewa Youths Write ACF, NEF / Pro-jonathan Elements Behind Renewed Agitation For Biafra - Senator Sani / PDP Chieftain Abandons Agbada, Jumps Fence Evading Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by seanet02: 6:33am On Feb 04, 2011
Nawao, so ibos have now been abandoned by Massob of all people. I pity onlytruth.
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Onlytruth(m): 6:35am On Feb 04, 2011
Ritualists remove pastor’s wife’s womb
From BOLU-OLU ESHO, Ado-Ekiti
Friday, February 04, 2011

Facts are beginning to emerge on who killed the wife of the pastor-in-charge of the Zion Baptist Church in Age Quarters, Igede-Ekiti , Mrs. Taiwo Oluwole last Saturday as her photograph taken after the incident showed that something, probably her womb, was removed through her private part by her assailants.

The late woman’s body was found lying on the ground with her legs widely open as surgeons would do when attempting to operate on a patient in the theatre. Members of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) yesterday staged a peaceful protest against the killing of the 56-year-old mother of three.

There were speculations that the deceased was raped before being killed by her attackers on the farm.
Leading the protesters on Thursday, Chairmen of the Irepodun/Ifelodun Local Government and Igede Ekiti chapters of the religious body, Rev. Clement Kayode and Rev. Peter Adegbami respectively, hit the streets as early as 7:30am with other top ministers of God in the council and the community
The protesters walked the streets without singing or talking but stopped for a while at the front of the palace of Onigede of Igede, Oba James Aladesulu.

The only placard displayed by the protesters, who clutched Holy Bibles in their hands, red: “Save Our Souls from Kidnappers and Murderers at Igede.” Irate youths, who threatened to take the body of Mrs. Oluwole to the palace of the monarch, were prevented by policemen on guard. It’s an abomination in Nigeria, especially in Yorubaland, for a traditional ruler to see a dead body, an incident which is believed would lead to immediate death of the monarch.

Giving the chronicle of the killings in the community, the CAN chairman revealed that Mrs. Olumide Akindele was mysteriously killed in (2005). In 2007, Mrs. Omoya Awawu was also murdered. Mrs. Ogbogbo Rachael (Iya Aina) and Mr. Oluwabusuyi Tayo were 2009 victims of ritualists in the town. Mrs. Apanisile was also murdered in 2010. Their killers are yet to be known.

The religious body, however, berated traditional chiefs of the community for their inability to ensure the killers of the previous six victims were tracked down. It charged security agencies and Onigede-in-council to ensure the people behind the killings were tracked down and arraigned for trial in the law court. When newsmen got to the residence of the widower, John Oluwole, he was surrounded by relations and neighbours who came to express their sympathy.

Oluwole pleaded with security agencies in the state to conduct thorough investigations into the mysterious killing of his wifeof 35 years with a view to bringing the culprits to book.
As he tried to fight back tears, the bereaved pastor explained that he went to the farm with his late wife on Saturday for different missions, but it dawned on him that his wife was missing when he came back home later in the evening.

He was depressed and disappointed by the attitude of the traditional ruler and his chiefs, who he said had not deemed it fit to send condolence message to him and his family over the death of his wife.
Oluwole, the founder of the Zion Baptist Church, described his late wife as a humble and peace-loving woman. He lamented that his 1976 bride was murdered in such gruesome manner.

According to his account, “When we got to the farm, we went to different locations like we had been doing before. I heard when she was calling me, but I thought she was returning home as earlier agreed. But I was surprised when I got home that I did not meet my wife and I immediately commenced searching for her until her dead body was seen in the place where I had visited four times.”

He said his late wife was strangulated and stripped naked while being beaten by her assailants.
Rev Michael Ige, who spoke on behalf of CAN members in Igede-Ekiti, condemned in strong words the community monarch and chiefs for their alleged lackadaisical attitude towards the killing and the victim’s family.

Oba Aladesuru has exonerated himself and members of his council from the killing, saying they were only waiting for the outcome of the Police investigations before taking further step. Spokesman to the state Police Command, Mohammed Jimoh(ASP) disclosed that autopsy had been conducted on the remains of the deceased, saying the result would soon be out. He assured that the result would be made public as soon as it’s released, adding that investigation into the killing had commenced.
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Onlytruth(m): 6:36am On Feb 04, 2011
^^
I dey laff!

Shameless and heartless people.
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by seanet02: 6:42am On Feb 04, 2011
Exactly what Orji kalu did to a woman in us. Proper investigation will reveal that ibos are the brain behind this attack. Okija shrine is a LIVING TESTIMONY
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Chyz2: 6:42am On Feb 04, 2011
Onlytruth:

[size=16pt]2011 elections crucial to Biafra struggle – MASSOB[/size]

From GEOFFREY ANYANWU, Awka
Friday, February 04, 2011

In what looks like a u-turn, the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) yesterday made known its decision to participate in the April 2011 general elections.

The movement, however, said its decision was not in any way an abandonment of its struggle for the actualisation of the state of Biafra, stressing that the 2011 election was very crucial to the Biafran struggle.

In a statement dated February 3, 2011, signed by MASSOB National Director of Information, Uchenna Madu, which was made available to Daily Sun, the movement said the decision to participate in the election was reached by the leadership of MASSOB after a national officers meeting, presided over by their leader, Chief Ralph Uwazuruike.

Giving more reasons why it decided to participate in the election, the movement said: “Biafra land is occupied by Nigerian government and has succeeded in imposition of stooges and errand boys from Biafraland as governors, senators and House of Representativess members in the past.”
“For the past 11 years, MASSOB distanced itself in Nigeria’s internal political exercise like census and elections. Our participation now does not mean that we have abandoned the struggle for Biafra’s actualisation or that the leadership has derailed. We are employing every available means to better the future of over 40million Biafrans.

“Since Biafra will get independence from Nigeria, we see this election as another platform for Biafra’s actualisation. Our subject matter is Biafra. The very reason and essence of participating in this year’s election is that MASSOB wants to establish credible persons, people of integrity without questionable characters, Igbo men/women with Igbo interest, people of progressive minds, who are eloquent, brave and consistent, who think the way MASSOB does. With our numerical strength, steadfastness and consistency, we shall prevail.”

On the nature of their participation, the statement said: “We are still consulting as our qualified aspirants cut across all the political parties. As stakeholders on political life of Ndigbo, we need good governance, good representation, not cowards, who are selfish and Judases in Igboland. Men of inferiority complex can no longer preside over the governance and representation in our occupied Biafraland.”

“As every struggle has its methodologies, we see this year election as another platform to showcase our numerical strength in establishing Igbo interest by using our voter’s card to elect men with Biafra blood in their veins. More than sixteen million MASSOB members have already registered for the voter’s card and are still registering.”

The movement also expressed its approval of the recent appointment of the wife of ex-Biafran warlord, Dim Ikemba Odumegwu Ojukwu, Bianca into President Goodluck Jonathan’s cabinet, saying, “MASSOB welcomes the appointment of our Lolo Bianca Ojukwu into President Jonathan’s cabinet as a good development. We advise that she take it”. Meanwhile, MASSOB has debunked allegations that it has abandoned the Biafran struggle, saying that nothing would ever make it to do so.

[b]Reacting to a publication in one of the national dailies yesterday, Madu said, “MASSOB led by Chief Ralph Uwazuruike will never abandon, retreat, surrender, compromise or loose focus on the non-violent agitation for Biafra actualization. How can over 20 million MASSOB members suddenly abandon over 11 years struggle? We’ve lost more than 7, 000 members in the hands of Nigerian security agents, millions have gone through prisons, we have been persecuted, harassed, arrested, dehumanized, tortured, traumatized, taunted, mesmerized, prosecuted, imprisoned, killed, our fundamental human rights abused for our struggle believe in Biafra.

“That publication in Compass is false, malicious, ungodly and abominable. It is sponsored by desperate, disgruntled, faceless agents of darkness. This is wickedness and insensitivity against the aspiration and future of Ndigbo. “In MASSOB, we don’t have such office as Director of Operation or Officer with such a name as Comrade Maduewesi Okonkwo. This is a cheap blackmail and cowardly act. This calumnious campaign of “if you can’t beat, you scatter them” will not prevail as MASSOB is not afraid of their antics.

“Ojukwu’s ill health will never deter us. Biafrans should disregard the malicious publication as we still represent the genuine interest of Ndigbo.”[/b]

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/feb/04/national-04-02-2011-016.htm

cool
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by seanet02: 6:46am On Feb 04, 2011
Massob abandons ibo people. Sheer intelligence. Mu he he
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by EkoIle1: 6:57am On Feb 04, 2011
I wonder how much den collect to sell ibo people,
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 04, 2011
seanet02:

Massob abandons ibo people. Sheer intelligence. Mu he he
Na today ? That is what the ibo do best;running away when defeated. grin
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Onlytruth(m): 7:15am On Feb 04, 2011
^^

hehehe! all the 1di0ts have lined up in order of stupidity.
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by bkbabe97y(m): 7:17am On Feb 04, 2011
Ibos sold by Ibos, so fuxcking surprising. . . NOT!

Same Ibos thatll sell they moms for the lace to the left leg of a shoe and a box of crackers!

Animals!
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Onlytruth(m): 7:22am On Feb 04, 2011
The truth is that MASSOB is not even representing TOP Igbo people. FACT.

Most Igbo I know are not interested in so called peaceful agitation. Nigeria is not a civilized country, so peaceful agitation cannot work in Nigeria.

That is why MASSOB has not attracted top Igbo elite yet. The day they change strategy and become reasonable, then we would see a real agitation.

So I don't give a rats @55 whether MASSOB disband or not.

My question remain unanswered: Why are Yorubas the most agitated about this rumour?
Are they closet MASSOB members?
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 04, 2011
The truth is; the SO in MASSOB stands for Sakara Oloje.
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Chyz2: 7:29am On Feb 04, 2011
Onlytruth:

My question remain unanswered: Why are Yorubas the most agitated about this rumour?

It's because they know that we are their only ticket to ever reaching their stinkin odduwa republic.
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Onlytruth(m): 7:30am On Feb 04, 2011
Posted by: Aigbofa

The truth is; the SO in MASSOB stands for Sakara Oloje

Is it possible to do sakara empty handed?
I thought OPC and MEND dem dey do sakara.
You are armed but you run away when you see soja.
na wa o!
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 04, 2011
Chyz*:

It's because they know that we are their only ticket to ever reaching their stinkin odduwa republic.

To ba bo ni sakara pade o, pasan to maa fi nan e oje lo nje.
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Onlytruth(m): 7:33am On Feb 04, 2011
English only please!
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 04, 2011
Onlytruth:

The truth is that MASSOB is not even representing TOP Igbo people. FACT.

Most Igbo I know are not interested in so called peaceful agitation. Nigeria is not a civilized country, so peaceful agitation cannot work in Nigeria.

That is why MASSOB has not attracted top Igbo elite yet. The day they change strategy and become reasonable, then[b] we would see a real agitation.
[/b]

So I don't give a rats @55 whether MASSOB disband or not.

So there was never a genuine agitation ? Wtf ibo people and fraud !
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 04, 2011
Onlytruth:

English only please!

How come you understand Sakara Oloje. Why are you guys surprised MASSOB is calling it quits. It was never meant to be a real threat to the Nigerian state. It was all Sakara from the onset.
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by EkoIle1: 7:50am On Feb 04, 2011
u want mama, bring cash

u want papa, bring cash

u want pekin, bring cash

u want iboland, brink cash

ibo people aka "cash and carry people" don suffer chei,

lmao
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by bkbabe97y(m): 7:53am On Feb 04, 2011
Hey, yall. . . I got the lace to the left leg of my shoe: WHO FEELS LIKE SELLING HIS MOMS TO ME?!
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by seanet02: 8:00am On Feb 04, 2011
Who will sell ojukwu head to me? Let trade on ya biafra warlords dumb head on alibaba mu he he
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by bashr4: 6:47am On Feb 06, 2011
do people still talk about igbos selling anything for money? na wa oo so nollywood can really be used as a toll to brainwash these fools, december now all of them go flood igbo land to attend wedding and wine carryings but they no fit step foot for their own home town.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gov Oshiomhole In Hot Romance With Nollywood Stars / Channels Tv---Osun Apc Vs Osun Pdp's Interview 'MY report' / Senator Hope Uzodinma In Hiv & Forgery Mess!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.