Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Massob Abandons Agitation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massob Abandons Agitation (3522 Views)

Biafra Agitation: Arewa Youths Write ACF, NEF / Pro-jonathan Elements Behind Renewed Agitation For Biafra - Senator Sani / PDP Chieftain Abandons Agbada, Jumps Fence Evading Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by ChinenyeN(m): 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2011
Obiagu1:

It's all about getting my own personal acts together, get the organisation running underground, and wait for the right time.
If opportunity opens, then come out in full force without relenting.
What kind of organization?
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by EzeUche2(m): 11:04pm On Feb 03, 2011
Chyz*:

Not surprised,Imo is the heartland. cool

That is definitely true. I hear MASSOB is popular in Anambra as well in cities like Onitsha and Awka.
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Beaf: 11:47pm On Feb 03, 2011
[size=14pt]2011 elections crucial to Biafra struggle – MASSOB[/size]
From GEOFFREY ANYANWU, Awka
Friday, February 04, 2011

In what looks like a u-turn, the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) yesterday made known its decision to participate in the April 2011 general elections.

The movement, however, said its decision was not in any way an abandonment of its struggle for the actualisation of the state of Biafra, stressing that the 2011 election was very crucial to the Biafran struggle.

In a statement dated February 3, 2011, signed by MASSOB National Director of Information, Uchenna Madu, which was made available to Daily Sun, the movement said the decision to participate in the election was reached by the leadership of MASSOB after a national officers meeting, presided over by their leader, Chief Ralph Uwazuruike.

Giving more reasons why it decided to participate in the election, the movement said: “Biafra land is occupied by Nigerian government and has succeeded in imposition of stooges and errand boys from Biafraland as governors, senators and House of Representativess members in the past.”
“For the past 11 years, MASSOB distanced itself in Nigeria’s internal political exercise like census and elections. Our participation now does not mean that we have abandoned the struggle for Biafra’s actualisation or that the leadership has derailed. We are employing every available means to better the future of over 40million Biafrans.

“Since Biafra will get independence from Nigeria, we see this election as another platform for Biafra’s actualisation. Our subject matter is Biafra. The very reason and essence of participating in this year’s election is that MASSOB wants to establish credible persons, people of integrity without questionable characters, Igbo men/women with Igbo interest, people of progressive minds, who are eloquent, brave and consistent, who think the way MASSOB does. With our numerical strength, steadfastness and consistency, we shall prevail.”

On the nature of their participation, the statement said: “We are still consulting as our qualified aspirants cut across all the political parties. As stakeholders on political life of Ndigbo, we need good governance, good representation, not cowards, who are selfish and Judases in Igboland. Men of inferiority complex can no longer preside over the governance and representation in our occupied Biafraland.”

“As every struggle has its methodologies, we see this year election as another platform to showcase our numerical strength in establishing Igbo interest by using our voter’s card to elect men with Biafra blood in their veins. More than sixteen million MASSOB members have already registered for the voter’s card and are still registering.”

The movement also expressed its approval of the recent appointment of the wife of ex-Biafran warlord, Dim Ikemba Odumegwu Ojukwu, Bianca into President Goodluck Jonathan’s cabinet, saying, “MASSOB welcomes the appointment of our Lolo Bianca Ojukwu into President Jonathan’s cabinet as a good development. We advise that she take it”. Meanwhile, MASSOB has debunked allegations that it has abandoned the Biafran struggle, saying that nothing would ever make it to do so.

Reacting to a publication in one of the national dailies yesterday, Madu said, “MASSOB led by Chief Ralph Uwazuruike will never abandon, retreat, surrender, compromise or loose focus on the non-violent agitation for Biafra actualization. How can over 20 million MASSOB members suddenly abandon over 11 years struggle? We’ve lost more than 7, 000 members in the hands of Nigerian security agents, millions have gone through prisons, we have been persecuted, harassed, arrested, dehumanized, tortured, traumatized, taunted, mesmerized, prosecuted, imprisoned, killed, our fundamental human rights abused for our struggle believe in Biafra.

“That publication in Compass is false, malicious, ungodly and abominable. It is sponsored by desperate, disgruntled, faceless agents of darkness. This is wickedness and insensitivity against the aspiration and future of Ndigbo. “In MASSOB, we don’t have such office as Director of Operation or Officer with such a name as Comrade Maduewesi Okonkwo. This is a cheap blackmail and cowardly act. This calumnious campaign of “if you can’t beat, you scatter them” will not prevail as MASSOB is not afraid of their antics.

“Ojukwu’s ill health will never deter us. Biafrans should disregard the malicious publication as we still represent the genuine interest of Ndigbo.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/feb/04/national-04-02-2011-016.htm
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Chyz2: 12:41am On Feb 04, 2011
^^^ I was right. We Igbos don't abandon are struggle. Goodluck Jonathan is going to get some many votes off of this one turn of event because these people are EXTREMELY deep. cool
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by aljharem(m): 12:56am On Feb 04, 2011
^^^^^

IRRELEVANT
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by kcjazz(m): 1:10am On Feb 04, 2011
I admire Ralph Uwazurike for his courage and prison visits, however its good for him to understand that the strategy for what he believes has to change. He is a pacifist cool but most of the hawks around him are violent minded. Nothing much can be achieved with that strategy. Well good luck to the struggle, I would donate to any cause that helps the society.
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by EkoIle1: 1:16am On Feb 04, 2011
Money don change hands. ibo people dey live up to their sell anything and everything for money culture.

shameless people,  

lmao
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Chyz2: 1:25am On Feb 04, 2011
kcjazz:

I admire Ralph Uwazurike for his courage and prison visits, however its good for him to understand that the strategy for what he believes has to change. He is a pacifist cool but most of the hawks around him are violent minded. Nothing much can be achieved with that strategy. Well good luck to the struggle, I would donate to any cause that helps the society.

I agree. Strategies change with the season, so with time things will be different. cool
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by houvest: 1:52am On Feb 04, 2011
Why are NLers so gullible?
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Onlytruth(m): 3:07am On Feb 04, 2011
I dey laugh o! grin grin grin
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by seanet02: 3:20am On Feb 04, 2011
You can never trust ibos, once they see money, they skull will enlarge like ao Amazon Snake hungry for years with a prey in sight. Now they have become abandoned babies. Any one to create motherless baby home for millions of people who have been betrayed by their leaders.
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by EzeUche2(m): 3:23am On Feb 04, 2011
seanet02:

You can never trust ibos, once they see money, they skull will enlarge like ao Amazon Snake hungry for years with a prey in sight. Now they have become abandoned babies. Any one to create motherless baby home for millions of people who have been betrayed by their leaders.

Grow up.
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by dayokanu(m): 3:29am On Feb 04, 2011
Hmmm
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Onlytruth(m): 3:33am On Feb 04, 2011
The main question is this:
Why are posters from western Nigeria more piqued by this "news" than the people concerned (easterners)? Could it be that MASSOB is those people's hope too? hehehe! grin grin cool
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by seanet02: 3:34am On Feb 04, 2011
If there is anyone that needs to grow up, its you ibos, so gullible and corrupt. Massob recognition and support of a Nigerian President who does not believe in the biafra struggle amount to ibos surrendering their agitation and future just because of something that is the root of all evils.
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by EzeUche2(m): 3:35am On Feb 04, 2011
seanet02:

If there is anyone that needs to grow up, its you ibos, so gullible and corrupt. Massob recognition and support of a Nigerian President who does not believe in the biafra struggle amount to ibos surrendering their agitation and future just because of something that is the root of all evils.

Let me reiterate. Grow up. I would expect someone with some sort of education to talk intellectually instead of a buffoon.
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by fstranger1: 3:36am On Feb 04, 2011
seanet02:

I approve this message on behalf of Odua!
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Onlytruth(m): 3:37am On Feb 04, 2011
@seanet02

So why you dey vex na? E concern you? So you like MASSOB like dis?
na wa o!  grin cool
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by seanet02: 3:37am On Feb 04, 2011
@onlytruth, we are only trying to talk some sense into your d.e.a.d. Brain. Next time hausas massacre your gullible people, dont come here and say YORUBA leaders are quiet on an issue that did not concern them
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by fstranger1: 3:39am On Feb 04, 2011
^^^

I once again approve your message
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Onlytruth(m): 3:40am On Feb 04, 2011
Posted by: seanet02

@onlytruth, we are only trying to talk some sense into your d.e.a.d. Brain. Next time hausas massacre your gullible people, dont come here and say YORUBA leaders are quiet on an issue that did not concern them.

So na only Igbo dem de kill for north? Dem no de kill Yoruba too? Wetin ya people don do?

How is MASSOB's business your concern?

What is really eating you about this fake news?
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by fstranger1: 3:41am On Feb 04, 2011
^^^^

I do not approve your message
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by seanet02: 3:43am On Feb 04, 2011
@ezeuche, exactly what ojukwu said when he abandon you ibos in 79 to team up with those who massacre ibos during the civil war at NPN, education is all you talk about when you dont even boast of a single Nobel Laurate among your gullibe 40 million people. Massob have already exchanged your future for "HARD CURRENCY" forever you shall be slave to ibos unless YORUBA comes to your aid!! Mu he he
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by EzeUche2(m): 3:43am On Feb 04, 2011
The idiocy of some people on this thread is astounding. It just shows that you can have all the education in the world and still be an "educated" fool.
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Onlytruth(m): 3:45am On Feb 04, 2011
Posted by: fstranger1

^^^^

I do not approve your message

Of course not!  

The day you start approving my messages, I will see a shrink!  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by Muza(m): 3:49am On Feb 04, 2011
so what if they abandon shit,who ever cared about what ever stupid clowning they were doing,it has dawned on them that nobody is concerned with what foolish thing they are doing,so its better they channel their energy to something usefull and productive,thank you.
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by seanet02: 3:49am On Feb 04, 2011
Ezeuche, stop this your educated fools st.up.i.d.i.t.ysmiley which type of education are you talking about when your educated Massob leaders have no "INTEGRITY AND HONESTY" jonathan has buy your conscience
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by seanet02: 3:52am On Feb 04, 2011
.muza, are you trying to say " IBOS HAVE BEEN STUPID ALL THIS WHILE WITH THIS MASSOB THIS MASSOB THAT FANATISM" seems they enjoy being slave to federal government forever. Mu he he
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by EzeUche2(m): 3:54am On Feb 04, 2011
Igbos this. . . Igbo that blah blah blah.

You have to love people who make generalized, blanket statements based solely on their own opinion.
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by nduchucks: 3:57am On Feb 04, 2011
houvest:

Why are NLers so gullible?

Your leaders, superiors, and representatives have spoken: The Agitation for biafra is dead, deal with it!
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by aljharem(m): 3:59am On Feb 04, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Your leaders, superiors, and representatives have spoken: The Agitation for biafra is dead, deal with it!

gbammm

our igbo leader has spoken on the group he formed
Re: Massob Abandons Agitation by seanet02: 4:04am On Feb 04, 2011
@Ndu chucks, what a very rare ibo breed you are!! You have spoken the truth unlike the illogical ezeuche whose mother has abandoned at a roundabout yet still believes Massob leaders are interested in biafra.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Acn Has Scared Pdp Out Of Lagos –fashola ! / Still Thinking About This Thing Going On In Vegas, The Sin City. See Man & Woman / What Everyone Must Do After Hearing Of This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.