Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK (54633 Views)

Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport / Joe Igbokwe: "Air Peace Blocked Me From Travelling, Shocked Me" / DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 7:10am On Jul 11, 2020
[quote author=babaolofin post=91594424]

[s]There is Visa on arrival if officially arranged. To bring a plane from UK shows there is an arrangement in place[/[/s]quote]

Shut up.

There is no such thing.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by BlueAir: 7:10am On Jul 11, 2020
sad So then it doesn't matter they respect their host country's law on visa,baby-o?
murphyibiam15:

Atleast NHS granted it for the Drs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by HBB1(m): 7:10am On Jul 11, 2020
saxywale1:

They would not practice as docs. They would just use them for lesser roles like helping to test people for corona. If that qualifies for poaching, then fine. Canada did same for International trained medical graduates that are already in the country but can't practice due to not being licensed. They were only used for testing and providing assistance in nursing home for old people. The moment cases went down, they were released.

You seem like a bitter Person...

I 'personally' know 2 Doctors (and a 3rd is leaving soon), who have resumed Doctor jobs in the US, this last few months.

If you believe or not is your business!
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by BrutalJab: 7:10am On Jul 11, 2020
Golan007:

Yes, traveling to Umuahia.
You've got jokes.
I'm not surprised, aren't you a black man? They will never learn.

You can commit suicide when they finally travel.

Frustrated medical school dropout
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Excessnation: 7:13am On Jul 11, 2020
There is visa on arrival, but not to Uk.
murphyibiam15:

Kiddo there is something called visa on arrival undecided

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Hotice085: 7:13am On Jul 11, 2020
Golan007:

Writing what was written on your school certificate.

Running his amala mouth
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by grandstar(m): 7:14am On Jul 11, 2020
murphyibiam15:

Baba most of u don't know anything.. Theirs was a special package.. The NHS granted them Visa waiver

Makes sense.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by IvarTheBoneless: 7:21am On Jul 11, 2020
Golan007:

Nothing like that in UK.

Try something sensible toddler.

You should have even been more insulting while correcting him.

The guy has obviously never seen an airport before. Seeing over 100 likes on those 2 foolish posts is an indication that we have a lot of very unintelligent people in this Nigeria.

May God help us! WOW shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 11, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
they pay their school fees, FG don't sponsor shit.

They didn't pay Jack...lol If you know how much it takes to train a doctor and how much it is heavily subsidized in government owned universities, you'll understand they didn't pay shit. Federal universities are even tuition free.

The only set of doctors that can lay claim on paying their own fees are private university trained doctors who are in their very few numbers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Nwaelohim: 7:29am On Jul 11, 2020
murphyibiam15:
Enemies of progress.. See the kind of flimsy excuse they're giving.. They should simply say they're jealous the Drs are moving away from this shithole called Nigeria to where things work
They can't continue to hold them back for long, that I'm sure
The country the docs are travelling to already made arrangement for them and is it that they don't know what is called visa on arrival? That is uk's headache not Nigeria undecided

Don't let the likes on your comments make you think you made sense... NIGERIA is not a zoo as you are deceived to believe. How can educated doctor plan a trip to UK without valid papers? Maybe they have been doing it, NIGERIA is gradually changing those living in the past will wake up someday and can't fit in soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 7:31am On Jul 11, 2020
IvarTheBoneless:

You should have even been more insulting while correcting him.

The guy has obviously never seen an airport before. Seeing over 100 likes on those 2 foolish posts is an indication that we have a lot of very unintelligent people in this Nigeria.

May God help us! WOW shocked

The Nigerian project is difficult.

These people you see are the brainless imps that actually think they have some education and should be making decisions on a grand scale.

Little wonder the nation bleeds.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by SaintChucks(m): 7:39am On Jul 11, 2020
poiunt:
they want to run grin grin

i dont understand, i thought the UK placed us on Ban because of Covid-19

So which Uk are they travelling to?

They are traveling to United K-legs.. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 7:39am On Jul 11, 2020
HBB1:

You seem like a bitter Person...

I 'personally' know 2 Doctors (and a 3rd is leaving soon), who have resumed Doctor jobs in the US, this last few months.

If you believe or not is your business!

Shatap.

It is not possible unless they qualified in the States earlier.

Enough with the lies already.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by murphyibiam15(m): 7:42am On Jul 11, 2020
Nwaelohim:

Don't let the likes on your comments make you think you made sense... NIGERIA is not a zoo as you are deceived to believe. How can educated doctor plan a trip to UK without valid papers? Maybe they have been doing it, NIGERIA is gradually changing those living in the past will wake up someday and can't fit in soon.
Illiterate read the attached image.. That's how Ignorant and naive most of u are

3 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by murphyibiam15(m): 7:43am On Jul 11, 2020
grandstar:

Makes sense.
See attached

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by murphyibiam15(m): 7:45am On Jul 11, 2020
Excessnation:
There is visa on arrival, but not to Uk.
Read attached.. You guys lack comprehension

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Fawazzz: 7:47am On Jul 11, 2020
you don't owe anybody explanation not necessary, especially not on social media.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by KosiGee(m): 7:48am On Jul 11, 2020
obailala:
How on earth did they expect to travel without visas? Even if some folks like @murphyibiam15 is unaware visas are needed for travel, educated doctors should have known better, except there's more to the story undecided

I didn’t believe the reports from that story.

How can a group of more than 50 well educated men...doctors for that matter, attempt to travel to the UK within this period of pandemic without visas??

Tell me another story.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by KosiGee(m): 7:55am On Jul 11, 2020
Golan007:

Shatap, you've never traveled beyond 9th mile to Obolor afor.

Why are you being petty and rude? Being in the Uk doesn’t mean you are conversant with every single immigrant procedure or some adjustments as shown from the attached document...except you want to tell nairalanders to disregard it.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by fsb(m): 7:57am On Jul 11, 2020
murphyibiam15:

Baba most of u don't know anything.. Theirs was a special package.. The NHS granted them Visa waiver

My brother...see the way people are arguing with vigour when they think they have all the information available to them. Like I said earlier there was no need for proof. Some people here aren’t in the U.K., don’t know NES, don’t know anyone directly affected etc.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by murphyibiam15(m): 7:58am On Jul 11, 2020
fsb:

My brother...see the way people are arguing with vigour when they think they have all the information available to them.
As in.. I wonder how people think such number of doctors will just wake up one day and head to the airport to the UK without any proper arrangement. And in their mind them sabi undecided

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by justwise(m): 8:04am On Jul 11, 2020
murphyibiam15:

Illiterate read the attached image.. That's how Ignorant and naive most of u are

See attached screenshot
Did you read and understand the attachment? Did you realise that the recruitment agency has no power to issue visa waiver as they promised in that attachment?

This reminds me of crystal service scam in 2009 when about 8 thousand Nigerians were scammed with job in Canada, the recruiter was about to convince they to gather in national stadium to be picked up by chartered flight to Canada.

Yes among them were doctors, bankers, teachers etc all got scammed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Enyimbamercedes: 8:05am On Jul 11, 2020
Are the the same doctors Nigige said we have too many of already and they are free to go...

Or the same doctors the former Minister of Health said some should go to farms?

Fact is doctors are not appreciated in Nigeria!
My sister in law worked in the Calabar Teaching Hospital working long shifts and taking 250k monthly. She wrote PLAB and IELTS, attended a Skype interview and now works in Northern Ireland on £5,000 monthly. From 250k to nearly 2m. Same knowledge, same skills!!
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by KosiGee(m): 8:06am On Jul 11, 2020
murphyibiam15:

As in.. I wonder how people think such number of doctors will just wake up one day and head to the airport to the UK without any proper arrangement. And in their mind them sabi undecided

I’m surprised at the negative comments and the childishness of some of posts.

NES healthcare is an authentic organisation. I know two doctors who graduated from Ibadan and ESUT who work with the NHS through them after successfully passing their PLABS.

This is a good time to work with the NHS if you are a doctor or Radiographer. If you are any of above, avail yourself of the endless opportunities and don’t listen to pessimists.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by justwise(m): 8:14am On Jul 11, 2020
KosiGee:

I’m surprised at the negative comments and the childishness of some of posts.

NES healthcare is an authentic organisation. I know two doctors who graduated from Ibadan and ESUT who work with the NHS through them after successfully passing their PLABS.

This is a good time to work with the NHS if you are a doctor or Radiographer. If you are any of above, avail yourself of the endless opportunities and don’t listen to pessimists.

Yes scammers use legitimate companies to carry out their scam, reading that attachment I have a feeling that this is a scam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by grandstar(m): 8:15am On Jul 11, 2020
murphyibiam15:

See attached

Are those guys immigration officers or houseboys? It is a disgrace.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by armadeo(m): 8:18am On Jul 11, 2020
fof1:

Are U Educated at All? What is Flimsy when they don't have Passports, not to talk of Visas. Why are Nigerians such Cheats and Foolish.?

Guy I agree with the poster above. The story is incomplete. We will soon hear the entire tale.

Who in thier right mind will just walk into an airport for an international flight without a passport or a visa.

Everybody knows you need a visa to travel.

I am sure they have the extended Visa approved by the uk government and the NIS either is unaware or just wanted to play the I can do and undo card.

Dumb

The most likely

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by K4daniel: 8:19am On Jul 11, 2020
Idyllic:

Stop saying what you don't know. During this COVID pandemic, UK has started visa waivers for doctors who want to travel to UK to resume work. Go to UKVI website and stop displaying your ignorance with boldness on a public forum

Baba na justwise you rubbish like This, this is too hash..Nobody knows the time it will commence because UKVI never stated such to commence without visa we only heard they will but not without a valid visa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

"She’s A Distraction" - Motorists Demand Removal Of Pretty Traffic Warden / The New Nigerian International Passport: The Truth And The Lies By AutoReportNG / Man Who Survived 4 Accidents In 1 Year Celebrates Birthday (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.