Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK (54460 Views)

Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport / Joe Igbokwe: "Air Peace Blocked Me From Travelling, Shocked Me" / DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by SavageMaster: 2:28am On Jul 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:
Shameless. Deserting us at this coro time we need them most

There's nothing shameless here. UK not only needs them, but is ready to take care of them better.

All the people that bash Nigerian doctors day and night should come and take over. We'll soon leave the hospitals for them to come and handle
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by SavageMaster: 2:31am On Jul 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:

They should work within the system to change it. What if we all run away?

The system has refused to change, from the time of our forefathers. I don't blame them.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Leopantro: 2:32am On Jul 11, 2020
baby124:

If you know basic travel requirements you will know that you need VISA’s which are issued outside the destination country to travel. There is lots of trafficking going on in the world now. These sets of dumbos cannot leave the country illegally like thieves in the night and, then turn back tomorrow to start crying out that they need help. Then people like you will come on NL and be bullying Nigerians to rescue them. This is not the UK government but an agency. Same type of agencies that arrange travel documents for house girls in Arab countries?

The flight originated from UK.
UK government cannot employ an agency to airlift people again?
Thanks for your concern but word from the grapevine is that the issue has been settled and they will still leave over the weekend.
Unlike Nigeria the doctors will be going to a place where they will be appreciated.
I have a friend who got the letter informing him of the flight arrangements and the visa waiver a few weeks back.
Another one quietly left two months ago.

Same process was done for doctors in Zimbabwe last week.

3 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by laiperi: 2:46am On Jul 11, 2020
charleymed:
Nigerian government can stop this braindrain by making our medical degree unattractive to the west. They can incorporate some aspect of traditional medicine into our medical school curriculum, that way the west won't value it.

Look in Nigeria, we move forward and backwards depending on who is in charge. We started it with Prof. Lambo and Prof. Laoye Kuti. But as soon as they leave, we have to start all over.

I am not sure if you know about Community Health Officers trained in the School of Health Technology. When Nigeria was 19 States, we had them all over. I do not know about now.

But with these brats, we will be forced to get there. Imagine people who qualified abroad dropped everything including good income and comfortable houses to come home and teach these brats.

They qualify free, free of any obligation.

They went on strike during Ebola!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by laiperi: 2:52am On Jul 11, 2020
So when we complain about poaching you would think it is about only wild animals in Africa Safaris. What do you think this is

Leopantro:

Thanks for your concern but word from the grapevine is that the issue has been settled and they will still leave over the weekend.
Unlike Nigeria the doctors will be going to a place where they will be appreciated.
I have a friend who got the letter informing him of the flight arrangements and the visa waiver a few weeks back.

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by donprinyo(m): 2:54am On Jul 11, 2020
Buhari administration is from hell. Every reasonable Nigerian is moving out. Do de needful today invest in pennywise to secure ur future.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Leopantro: 3:00am On Jul 11, 2020
laiperi:
So when we complain about poaching you would think it is about only wild animals in Africa Safaris. What do you think this is

But your Minister said they are free to leave if they want to.
Why are you complaining?
In fact, Nigeria is the only country in the world that doctors went on strike during a pandemic to force the government to do the right thing.
To the government, "their wahala is too much"

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Jaqenhghar: 3:06am On Jul 11, 2020
murphyibiam15:
Enemies of progress.. See the kind of flimsy excuse they're giving.. They should simply say they're jealous the Drs are moving away from this shithole called Nigeria to where things work
They can't continue to hold them back for long, that I'm sure
The country the docs are travelling to already made arrangement for them and is it that they don't know what is called visa on arrival? That is uk's headache not Nigeria undecided
Travelling without a visa is not flimsy. Just becaise you are doctor doesnt mean they shoild waive that for you. What were they thinking sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by saxywale1: 3:06am On Jul 11, 2020
RTSC:

Maybe on a normal day.
But these are not normal times.

I read it not too long ago when the US secretary of states on twitter, asked doctors, and health workers all over the world qualified in public health, to approach the US embassies in their countries and apply for a temporary work visa.

They would not practice as docs. They would just use them for lesser roles like helping to test people for corona. If that qualifies for poaching, then fine. Canada did same for International trained medical graduates that are already in the country but can't practice due to not being licensed. They were only used for testing and providing assistance in nursing home for old people. The moment cases went down, they were released.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Jaqenhghar: 3:07am On Jul 11, 2020
baby124:

If you know basic travel requirements you will know that you need VISA’s which are issued outside the destination country to travel. There is lots of trafficking going on in the world now. These sets of dumbos cannot leave the country illegally like thieves in the night and, then turn back tomorrow to start crying out that they need help. Then people like you will come on NL and be bullying Nigerians to rescue them. This is not the UK government but an agency. Same type of agencies that arrange travel documents for house girls in Arab countries?
Dont mind them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by atheistandproud(m): 3:08am On Jul 11, 2020
murphyibiam15:

No one can change Nigeria.. The best is to abscond.. If you want to run, do.. Nigeria is cursed and irreparably damaged undecided

You've said it
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Coloradowater: 3:09am On Jul 11, 2020
Help yourself out, stop being blind; [https://www.universityworldnews.com/post-mobile.php?story=20200624152928519 author=justwise post=91589233]

..and you think that the UK govt will fly into Nigeria to pick up those doctors without informing the Nigerian govt? And they will travel without a visa?[/quote]
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Coloradowater: 3:10am On Jul 11, 2020
MrBigiman:

https://www.universityworldnews.com/post-mobile.php?story=20200624152928519
There are Visa waivers for many Doctors commencing training in the UK until things easens out.

Show me where that is published in UK govt official website.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by saxywale1: 3:15am On Jul 11, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
exactly.
Besides, don't limit it to Medical school, Nigeria is the best place to study all courses.

How much does the average western citizen spend on college education?

The 'free' education we seemingly get from nigeria cannot hold a candle to what they get in Ghana, not to talk of abroad.
This is so true.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Hottdawgg: 3:15am On Jul 11, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

There is nothing to learn here, you don't learn from lies.

It seems to me that some 58 doctors may have been scammed out of their hard earned money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by saxywale1: 3:16am On Jul 11, 2020
Whois:
Careful what you wish for
Dr. Ngige is a dunce for making that statement grin
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by laiperi: 3:17am On Jul 11, 2020
Some of them have reasons to complain especially those that voluntarily accept posting to rural areas. Others will refuse to accept posting and before you know it their patrons would override you.

But guess what? When they move overseas they are posted to the same remote areas they refused in Nigeria.

Distribution of doctors is our problem. We do not have enough doctors. There used to be a time when doctors were posted to other Africa countries. In those days we had more doctors than them.

But now, rich countries are poaching our doctors, give them temporary license to work in Indian Reservation for a year and send them back home. Nigerians don't leave, they hide and do any odd jobs preparing for exam or another temporary license.

Leopantro:

But your Minister said they are free to leave if they want to.
Why are you complaining?
In fact, Nigeria is the only country in the world that doctors went on strike during a pandemic to force the government to do the right thing.
To the government, "their wahala is too much"

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Jaqenhghar: 3:18am On Jul 11, 2020
Golan007:
[s][/s]

Lying with confidence is very Nigerian.
.....teue and getting angry when one does not believe their lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by FieldMarshall06(m): 3:21am On Jul 11, 2020
Leopantro:

This guy,,,, so you support greedy Nigerian doctors emigrating when we need them most abi. You seem like you support their move,, just wait till Coro hits you and your peeps,,,, then you would regret yourself...

I am very stupid, I swear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 11, 2020
Run away doctors, dem wan go splash dem covid blood money.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by RTSC: 3:35am On Jul 11, 2020
saxywale1:

They would not practice as docs. They would just use them for lesser roles like helping to test people for corona. If that qualifies for poaching, then fine. Canada did same for International trained medical graduates that are already in the country but can't practice due to not being licensed. They were only used for testing and providing assistance in nursing home for old people. The moment cases went down, they were released.
Well it is poaching.

Those health workers are needed to fight the pandemic in their own countries.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by musabayokanu: 3:39am On Jul 11, 2020
You support them to leave abi? Then when you fall sick here you will be taken to Baba Oyo for treatment.... 58 of our best doctors is what UK will go for no the once that graduated from OOU or LAUTECH Friend of progress.

This is a case of when trees are falling in the forest baby monkey was seen rejoicing and the mum shook her head and say.
It's our house that is falling.

murphyibiam15:
Enemies of progress.. See the kind of flimsy excuse they're giving.. They should simply say they're jealous the Drs are moving away from this shithole called Nigeria to where things work
The country the docs are travelling to already made arrangement for them and is it that they don't know what is called visa on arrival? That is uk's headache not Nigeria undecided

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by prigoz(m): 4:09am On Jul 11, 2020
It is only on this you will be flexing muscle, how many Fulanis are coming into Nigeria on daily basis with a piece of paper not to talk of valid documents have you stopped or arrested. Continue you think you are doing me
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Nobody: 4:13am On Jul 11, 2020
murphyibiam15:

Kiddo there is something called visa on arrival undecided
UK does not do visa on arrival with nigeria.When i was making plans to travel to dominica i used uk as a transit point.I was sent a visa waiver from dominica but since i was passing through the uk i had to apply for a uk transit visa.It was only when i arrived in dominica that i was able to apply and get their visa.Some of my colleagues who cam to dominica through brazil and venezeula didnt use a visa.But a country like the uk if u coming from nigeria u need a visa otherwise u are sent back.these are medical doctors and they are supposed to know this since they are educated..or again maybe the uk has changed the travelling laws since the advent of this corona but then if the uk did change their travelling law then i am sure the nigerian immigration ought to be aware of this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Nobody: 4:19am On Jul 11, 2020
Idyllic:

Stop saying what you don't know. During this COVID pandemic, UK has started visa waivers for doctors who want to travel to UK to resume work. Go to UKVI website and stop displaying your ignorance with boldness on a public forum
really? then the nigerian immigration ought to have been aware of this if wat u saying is true.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by bigDickson(m): 4:26am On Jul 11, 2020
murphyibiam15:

Also from the story, out of the 58, 2 had VISA..so why did they prevent those 2 from leaving? There's more to this...
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by awoo47: 4:30am On Jul 11, 2020
Golan007:
[s][/s]

They had no visa.

The immigration were doing their job.

the arranged visa on arrival for them. Cant you even see the flight is chartered?
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Izigha(m): 4:43am On Jul 11, 2020
This is a job. Somebody scam this doctors. If two of them have a visa, why did the others dnt have the visas.
The news said they were going to a training, not to resume work as people are saying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Ishilove: 4:47am On Jul 11, 2020
justwise:

Made up stories, so the UK did all that without Nigerian govt consent? They charted a flight and landed in Nigerian airport without any permission from Nigerian govt?
People believe what they want to believe. It's like a sub-conscious desperate lunge at hope for a better life outside Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Tywo2018: 5:05am On Jul 11, 2020
I don't understand OO abi they've started given Visa on arrival ni? If na so make I run gather pali.
Golan007:

Don't be stupid.

No immigration officer would let you travel without valid paperwork.

UK Visas are not issued on arrival.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by pquaver(m): 5:11am On Jul 11, 2020
murphyibiam15:

Kiddo there is something called visa on arrival undecided

Visa on arrival for Uk? Oga small small oo why we come get UK high commission for Abuja and consulate for lagos?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by fareed69(m): 5:34am On Jul 11, 2020
murphyibiam15:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Nairalander's Trip To Kenya / 7 Places You Must Visit As An Adult In Your Lifetime! / Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.