Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK (54473 Views)

Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport / Joe Igbokwe: "Air Peace Blocked Me From Travelling, Shocked Me" / DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Carter4luv(m): 5:52am On Jul 11, 2020
Nigerians dont value wat they have until they missed them. due to the corona virus all doctors in Nigeria are important, immediately after the pandemic all our politicians will start travelling to london, usa, germany for treatment and forget the doctors here who helped during the pandemic. #rubbish

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by murphyibiam15(m): 6:01am On Jul 11, 2020
lefulefu:
UK does not do visa on arrival with nigeria.When i was making plans to travel to dominica i used uk as a transit point.I was sent a visa waiver from dominica but since i was passing through the uk i had to apply for a uk transit visa.It was only when i arrived in dominica that i was able to apply and get their visa.Some of my colleagues who cam to dominica through brazil and venezeula didnt use a visa.But a country like the uk if u coming from nigeria u need a visa otherwise u are sent back.these are medical doctors and they are supposed to know this since they are educated..or again maybe the uk has changed the travelling laws since the advent of this corona but then if the uk did change their travelling law then i am sure the nigerian immigration ought to be aware of this.
Lefu.. They changed the law for those Drs, check the NHIS website.. Nigerian immigration people don't read
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by murphyibiam15(m): 6:02am On Jul 11, 2020
musabayokanu:
You support them to leave abi? Then when you fall sick here you will be taken to Baba Oyo for treatment.... 58 of our best doctors is what UK will go for no the once that graduated from OOU or LAUTECH Friend of progress.

This is a case of when trees are falling in the forest baby monkey was seen rejoicing and the mum shook her head and say.
It's our house that is falling.

Baba, I'm sure u have one or two relatives abroad earning well and living large, why are they not in Nigeria rendering the service the studied.. Abeg allow them to go where things work.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by murphyibiam15(m): 6:03am On Jul 11, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Travelling without a visa is not flimsy. Just becaise you are doctor doesnt mean they shoild waive that for you. What were they thinking sef.
Baba check NHS website.. They granted them waiver
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by murphyibiam15(m): 6:04am On Jul 11, 2020
BlueAir:
sad And does all countries practise visa on arrival,baby-o
Atleast NHS granted it for the Drs
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by murphyibiam15(m): 6:05am On Jul 11, 2020
TruthSpeaker:

IT SEEMS AS IF YOU HAVE NEVER TRAVELLED OUT OF NIGERIA SINCE YOU WERE BORN. THE AIRLINE IS NOT EVEN SUPPOSE TO LET THEM TRAVEL FOR NOT HAVING A VALID UK VISA STAMPED ON THEIR NIGERIA PASSPORT. IF THEY HAD MADE IT TO THE UK, THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN DEPORTED ON ARRIVAL AND THE AIRLINE HEAVILY FINED. THE ONLY WAY THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED IS IF THE UK IMMIGRATION ALREADY HAD A WAVIER FOR THEM IN PLACE DUE TO NEED OF DOCTORS AS A RESULT OF COVID-19.
You're a stack ignoramus.. It isn't today I started traveling.. The NHS specially granted Visa waiver for them.. Check their website.. Kiddo
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by KenModi(m): 6:07am On Jul 11, 2020
Golan007:
[s][/s]

They had no visa.

The immigration were doing their job.

Isn’t it the job of the country of entry to worry about the visa thing? Or does the Nigerian immigration issue U.K visas?
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by murphyibiam15(m): 6:08am On Jul 11, 2020
Mayflowa:

I partially understand your point but I wish you were not so hardened in your thoughts. Nigeria do not have a visa on arrival agreement with UK government. If there was diplomatic communication between the two countries, that can be understandable or at the worst, they have a note verbale. Anyway, Nigerian doctors are almost trained free in Nigeria. In US, you can spend $400,000 to $1,000,000 to train as a doctor. That should also be considered when you talk of salary difference. Doctors are the most elevated public officials in Nigeria. When graduate starts the civil service at grade level 7, Doctors starts as a principal officer level of Grade level 12. It will take you 16 to 20 years to get to that level when you are a graduate of other disciplines. I am trying to remove emotions from my thoughts. I am not jealous. All my siblings and their wives are doctors.
Whether your whole family members are Dr doesn't rule out your biased opinion afterall those who criticise them also have one or two relatives who are Drs... I'm sure u have one or two relatives abroad, why are they not in Nigeria rendering the service they studied, because according to u the FG subsidised education or the government only subsidised those of Drs alone?
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by murphyibiam15(m): 6:08am On Jul 11, 2020
Correcto:
Lol UK don't issue such arrival visas for doctors. If you want to leave get a visa just like everyone.
NHS granted them visa waiver.. Check their site
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by murphyibiam15(m): 6:09am On Jul 11, 2020
grandstar:

The reasons given are valid. Have you been refused entry before? It is back to Nigeria. They should have had their travel documents complete.

Don't blame an undertaker for doing his job
Baba most of u don't know anything.. Theirs was a special package.. The NHS granted them Visa waiver

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by murphyibiam15(m): 6:09am On Jul 11, 2020
Correcto:
Tell them to get a good visa and nobody will stop them
The NHS granted them visa waiver already
Beetobee:

Nigeria does not have any 'visa on arrival' pact with UK. I wonder what silly statement you would have made if they went and were turned back by UK immigration.
You don't know anything.. It was a special package and NHS granted them visa waiver already
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by murphyibiam15(m): 6:10am On Jul 11, 2020
iLUCID:

If at all you went to school, you wasted your darn time and resources cos you went in and came out tabula rasa
You're a stack illiterate and a coconut head who did not even see the firewalls of elementary school

NHS granted them visa waiver.. Dundee
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by murphyibiam15(m): 6:12am On Jul 11, 2020
fof1:

Are U Educated at All? What is Flimsy when they don't have Passports, not to talk of Visas. Why are Nigerians such Cheats and Foolish.?
You're a stack illiterate and I'm sure u didn't see the fate of an elementary school.. The NHS granted them visa waiver already
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 6:12am On Jul 11, 2020
KenModi:

Isn’t it the job of the country of entry to worry about the visa thing? Or does the Nigerian immigration issue U.K visas?

What kind of silly question is this?

grin

See wetin adult dey ask.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 6:15am On Jul 11, 2020
murphyibiam15:

You're a stack illiterate and I'm sure u didn't see the fate of an elementary school.. The NHS granted them visa waiver already

Which NHS?

NHS Grant's visas or what?

Some of you are so obstinate in your ignorance you make one ashamed to be Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 6:16am On Jul 11, 2020
murphyibiam15:

You're a stack ignoramus.. It isn't today I started traveling.. The NHS specially granted Visa waiver for them.. Check their website.. Kiddo

Shatap, you've never traveled beyond 9th mile to Obolor afor.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:

They should work within the system to change it. What if we all run away?
Then goodluck to Nigeria.
There is no evil in doing that
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 6:44am On Jul 11, 2020
[s]
Leopantro:

The flight originated from UK.
UK government cannot employ an agency to airlift people again?
Thanks for your concern but word from the grapevine is that the issue has been settled and they will still leave over the weekend.
Unlike Nigeria the doctors will be going to a place where they will be appreciated.
I have a friend who got the letter informing him of the flight arrangements and the visa waiver a few weeks back.
Another one quietly left two months ago.

Same process was done for doctors in Zimbabwe last week.

[/s]

Lies.

Word from AGBALUMOvine you should have said.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by murphyibiam15(m): 6:46am On Jul 11, 2020
Golan007:

Which NHS?

NHS Grant's visas or what?

Some of you are so obstinate in your ignorance you make one ashamed to be Nigerian.
You're a stack illiterate.. Be ashamed of yourself first.. NHS can recommend that.. U can't even get a visa without them
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by alizma: 6:50am On Jul 11, 2020
Nigerian youths are the most corrupt set of youths. Just look at the moments above. 98% are against the NIS without giving attention to the abnormal arrangement by the doctors. Is it not said that he who must come to equity must come with clean hands? Why should the doctors be allowed to travel without visa when a mechanic can't travel without visa?
Had it been they departed successfully and got arrested in UK for entering without visa, these same Nigerian youths would have be online accusing Buhari's administration of double standard/corruption for allowing 56 Nigerian travel without visa at a time when it claim to have restriction of international movement in place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 6:50am On Jul 11, 2020
murphyibiam15:

You're a stack illiterate.. Be ashamed of yourself first.. NHS can recommend that.. U can't even get a visa without them

Shut up.

First off, the word is 'stark' and not 'stack'.

Local boy, I am typing from my house in UK, whilst you are typing from your panti at 9th mile.

Kiddo, just shut it when experienced travelers are writing.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by BrutalJab: 6:57am On Jul 11, 2020
justwise:
[/b]
There is nothing to learn here, you don't learn from lies.
How is it a lie?

Are you a medical doctor trying to move to the UK?

Why don't you just go online and do a simple research?
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Hotice085: 6:58am On Jul 11, 2020
Golan007:
[s][/s]

They had no visa.

And you think Immigration will give any of em Passport?
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 6:59am On Jul 11, 2020
Hotice085:

And you think Immigration will give any of em Passport?

What is this one saying?
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Brushstrokes20: 7:00am On Jul 11, 2020
The shithole is a lost cause!

Predominantly, political thieves see it otherwise.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by BrutalJab: 7:00am On Jul 11, 2020
thiagoteres:
Some authorities are not open to correction and education. I just shock as people can say rubbish with confidence. People in the field are enlightening you on what likely transpired. He is still forming immigration expert.
That's how majority of Nigerians behave.

They are not ready to learn from people.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by BrutalJab: 7:02am On Jul 11, 2020
Golan007:

What is this one saying?
Stop vibrating.

They will be travelling next week without VISA as the issue has been resolved.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Hotice085: 7:05am On Jul 11, 2020
Golan007:

What is this one saying?

Are y sure you r normal
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 7:07am On Jul 11, 2020
BrutalJab:

Stop vibrating.

They will be travelling next week without VISA as the issue has been resolved.

Yes, traveling to Umuahia.

You've got jokes.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 11, 2020
Golan007:
[s][/s]

They had no visa.

There is Visa on arrival if officially arranged. To bring a plane from UK shows there is an arrangement in place
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 7:09am On Jul 11, 2020
Hotice085:
Are y sure you r normal

Writing what was written on your school certificate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) / Helicopter Crashes Into A Building In Ikeja, Lagos / Truck Crashes Into A Shop At Ojodu, Lagos After Brake Failure This Evening (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.