Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations (58088 Views)

Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others / Startimes Shades Tstv On Twitter (photos) / DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Stellly02(m): 7:44am On Jul 12, 2020
Dantedasz:
Lies! Lies!! Lies!!!
First of all Startimes has always proclaimed to operate pay-as-you-go bouquet but try to pay for it on any of their payment platforms INCLUDING their offices and their operatives will tell you it is impossible except you pay for the complete one month.
I am saying this because I once tried to pay for ONLY one week because of the Europa league matches and was told by a Startimes customer care operative that it was IMPOSSIBLE. I ended up subscribing for a month.

The second issue I have with Startimes is the payment for a bouquet can ONLY be made at their registered office or at the premises of their registered agents. You can not pay with your bank application!

Thirdly Startimes have subtly increased their fees like Dstv but with extremely POOR content masquraded it behind a non existent pay as you go bouquet.

And before anybody comes at me I wish to state that I subscribe to both Dstv and Startimes and I regard both platforms as cheating blood sucking platforms that do NOT provide subscribers with what they promise in any way!

first of all, you were actually right when you said the option of PAYG has been on for sometime now, its just that not everyone knows about it..
And I can say with full confidence that the one day plan actually works It just depends on the platform you use
Perhaps the agents you met to help recharge were dealers and were unaware because they didn't try, you can only give what you have, you don't say what you aren't sure about..

Use the Startimes ON app and you'd be able to make your daily/weekly/monthly recharge, the app is available on playstore/appstore
First bank and Fcmb also has that option as I use both banks

You can also use www.quickteller/Startimes

If you use GT: *737*37*amount*Smartcard#

About the increment in fees, I only know that laliga would be shown on Startimes from next season which is the new content I'm anticipating as I don't watch other contents

I think there's room for improvement tho

6 Likes

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Ezmans: 7:47am On Jul 12, 2020
Bash92:
I hope this is true.

Because there was no where in the write up that the Startime representative made mention of PAY AS YOU GO. It was only the guardian reporter saying he said, without quoting is word for us on pay as you go.

Edit: There pay as you go is actually a daily subscription. So if you dont watch on a particular day, you will not be charged, still better than nothing
that is not pay as you go it daily or weekly sub
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Rbae: 7:48am On Jul 12, 2020
AKzee:
As long as there's no premier league and la liga, they are still not good enough. DSTV did increase their subscriptions and we are fighting them, only for startimes to start doing it. Rubbish.

Sometimes have laliga and German Bundesliga. They have so many interesting stations and it's very cheap too. I have both dstv and startimes but i enjoy statimes more. Oga is the dstv addict. grin

4 Likes

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by skywalker240(m): 7:50am On Jul 12, 2020
adenigga:

Don't you know that DStv represent South Africa in camouflage of xenophobia in our soil.

They are known as Telephobia, bullying and reaping us off all in the name of broadcasting premier league games.
Don't blame them, blame those stupid bastard at the top herm of affairs who only thinks about bribe

Have you wondered why a Lebanese even boldly walked out of them.

3 Likes

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Felyyaks(f): 7:52am On Jul 12, 2020
dukeprince50:
That's a good innovation, I'll stick with my antenna, I no deh pay, if na football, I go watch am for NL frontpage
Btw, Thunder fire Dstv

Lol
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Cabi1: 7:54am On Jul 12, 2020
the moment startimes start viewing premier league,laliga and seria A matches .....
dats when you will be hearing Dem increasing prices up to DStv level...

but startimes is good because it can withstand poor weather conditions compared to DStv which can be annoying to watch during heavy rains

2 Likes

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Homeboiy: 7:55am On Jul 12, 2020
Startimes please I need cam card oo
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Skyfornia(m): 7:56am On Jul 12, 2020
Why tagging it monthly when you said it's pay as you go?
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by mkoabiola: 7:59am On Jul 12, 2020
Do ppu stil watch star times?

Gotv has better content than star times
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by mamaafrik(m): 8:00am On Jul 12, 2020
Pay as you go ko,nonsense,many no dey understand English vfor here.

NTA should be sold to a serious station like Channels Television.
Those people are just wasting Tax payer's cash ni
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:01am On Jul 12, 2020
jacoik:
please bro if I understand what I read, is it that if you subscribe for one month and no light or you didn't watch it for that one month, your sub go still dey for you without them cutting it?
If there's no light, the subscription is gone!!!

No roll over or whatever
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Obidiugwu: 8:02am On Jul 12, 2020
This is a welcome development, others should emulate it.
Dm us for your different types of high quality male/female Fabrics ,Curtains and beddings at affordable prices. Zero Seven Zero Five Two One One Three Four Zero Five
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Kunleoyinda(m): 8:06am On Jul 12, 2020
Its time for Dstv to follow d instruction of the masses.

2020: THERE IS NO REASON TO REMAIN A TENANT!
With our affordable home scheme and flexible payment plan, we at Arc-view Investment Limited believe you have no reason to remain a tenant.
Ok, here again is our offer

2 Bedroom- #6.5million
3 Bedroom- #9million

Payment plan- 3 years (Interest free), get keys to your apartment at 70% payment.

Name of the estate- TREASURE island estate, Mowe/Ofada

Title: C of O.

For more information please call or WhatsApp....07084549732

TREASURE ISLAND Estate, Mowe/ofada is located along Sagamu Interchange very close to International Brewery. The estate follows the theme of our existing estate series in terms of serenity, ambiance, security, notch housing structures and amazing infrastructures.

What are you waiting for?. Buy now!
You can join us every Friday and Saturday for a visit to the estate.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by ThatFairGuy1: 8:07am On Jul 12, 2020
Psylas2:
[s][/s]
Shut up you Tribalist
What are you sniffing lately
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Ayemileto(m): 8:09am On Jul 12, 2020
levi2:
I thought DSTV said pay-as-you-go was impossible to implement....Always thought �� those guys(DSTV)were thieves...

That's the same way EmptyHen said per seconds call was impossible to implement.

Until Glo came to the market, forcing them to implement it.

3 Likes

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by signz: 8:09am On Jul 12, 2020
Psylas2:

DSTV can't compete with StarTimes.

StarStimes is owned by Chinese and they are experienced with the tech.
They are one of the best in Asia.

They will kick Multichoice out

Gist!!! I think Startimes is partly owned by the FG through NTA. So the only way they can compete with DSTV is if the FG helps them (the new NBC code is actually targeted at DSTV)

One thing with DSTV is that they're innovative and experienced, we thought that HITV had destroyed them when they won the rights to show EPL.

What was DSTV's response? They invested heavily into our Nollywood, AFRICAN MAGIC was born. The growth in quality of our Nollywood can be partly attributed to AM.

DStV were being threatened by Internet Streaming stations like NETFLIX, what did they do? They came up with SHOWMAX and seeing they don't have NETFLIX content, they've reached an agreement with NETFLIX. Maybe soon they'll add Disney or Amazon.

Chinese are good but entertainment and media imdustry what they've not been able to break into in the world

6 Likes

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Dantedasz(m): 8:15am On Jul 12, 2020
Doyou2019:

Finally someone who sees through the shenanigans. Startimes think they can run BS past us, but na lie. Both companies are just bloody capitalists, only difference is that DSTV has better content.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by authority2006(m): 8:22am On Jul 12, 2020
kissGuys:
i wonder how startimes and covid-19 take relate...

Nah people like you dey makes NCDC see us as fools... Once you have any related symptoms.. They add you to the number without being properly checked..

We know their is corona.. But let naija be transparent about it.. Not videos of people eating chicken and dancing up and down in the supposed isolation center... We need clarity... Pictures of those that died.. The real infected ones.. And the whole testing process.. That will work more on people's behavioral change.. Not some bull-crab set of numbers daily.

Wait until you become a victim, then we will have your pictures and video on all media channels in Nigeria. I guess you will like that. About two days ago, the list of important people who have died of Covid-19 was posted here. This is a society where stigmatisation is the order of the day, yet you want the pictures and videos of suffering and dying victims to be splashed on your TV screen everyday before you can borrow and apply common sense. You will be alright soon.

4 Likes

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by malele(m): 8:25am On Jul 12, 2020
MainblockAngle:
https://t.guardian.ng/news/startimes-introduces-pay-as-you-go-policy-reduces-subscription-rates/

Seem I have to go and buy star times. Gotv latest increase still Dey pain me for body
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Dantedasz(m): 8:26am On Jul 12, 2020
lagusboyyy:
so you mean i cant subscribe startimes through my banking app?

But i do see the startimes option.

A trial will convince you. I paid through my UBA app and my payment hooked. I now visited the Startimes app page where I saw series of lamentations of people who made the same mistake.
In fact when I visited the Startimes office in Port Harcourt,the customer care lady I met warned me against doing such but rather advised I always pay at the office or through a dealer. After paying for the 3800 bouquet I had to go back to UBA to write a letter for retrieval of funds. It took three weeks.

You may like to visit the below link on Facebook to see daily lamentations of subscribers who paid through their bank phone applications.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=607905322590751&id=386620758052543

2 Likes

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by stieyven(m): 8:27am On Jul 12, 2020
dukeprince50:
That's a good innovation, I'll stick with my antenna, I no deh pay, if na football, I go watch am for NL frontpage
Btw, Thunder fire Dstv
Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
You'll do well to receive Jesus into your life. Tomorrow may be too late. John 3 :16
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by chozzy: 8:33am On Jul 12, 2020
Great
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by LandMann: 8:35am On Jul 12, 2020
signz:

They should not be compelled. if you dont like DSTv simply switch to FG owned Star Times.

let Star Times get EPL without funds from FG and see if they won't be as expensive as DSTV

Are you a DSTV agent?

Would you like the rest of your airtime wiped off if you don't finish it within a month?

I don't how people like derive pleasure in seeing businesses cheat.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by wizkidblogger(f): 8:37am On Jul 12, 2020
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Phyde: 8:43am On Jul 12, 2020
AKzee:
As long as there's no premier league and la liga, they are still not good enough. DSTV did increase their subscriptions and we are fighting them, only for startimes to start doing it. Rubbish.
This is what I was expecting them to include, English premier league and Spanish league.

1 Like

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Dantedasz(m): 8:47am On Jul 12, 2020
Stellly02:
first of all, you were actually right when you said the option of PAYG has been on for sometime now, its just that not everyone knows about it..
And I can say with full confidence that the one day plan actually works It just depends on the platform you use
Perhaps the agents you met to help recharge were dealers and were unaware because they didn't try, you can only give what you have, you don't say what you aren't sure about..

Use the Startimes ON app and you'd be able to make your daily/weekly/monthly recharge, the app is available on playstore/appstore
First bank and Fcmb also has that option as I use both banks

You can also use www.quickteller/Startimes

If you use GT: *737*37*amount*Smartcard#

About the increment in fees, I only know that laliga would be shown on Startimes from next season which is the new content I'm anticipating as I don't watch other contents

I think there's room for improvement tho

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Osila2: 8:48am On Jul 12, 2020
Guru in the house �, can you please let me know the programs content difference between what is available on Startimes, DSTV, GoTv and Free to Air (FTA).
My emphasis are on the Movies, Cartoon, News, and Nollywood contents please.
Cheers
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by VirginSearcher(m): 8:48am On Jul 12, 2020
Good move, DSTV will soon be a gooner
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Jostoman: 8:56am On Jul 12, 2020
dukeprince50:
Btw, Thunder fire Dstv
APC government and china na 5&6, anyway I will advise them to go for Spanish league next season if they really want we the football lovers to take them serious.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 12, 2020
Many people commenting have not read the article. Subscribing for a day, a week or a month, is that what they call pay as you go tariff? It is still rubbish if they can't charge me the way mobile communications are charging

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by lagusboyyy(m): 8:57am On Jul 12, 2020
Dantedasz:

A trial will convince you. I paid through my UBA app and my payment hooked. I now visited the Startimes app page where I saw series of lamentations of people who made the same mistake.
In fact when I visited the Startimes office in Port Harcourt,the customer care lady I met warned me against doing such but rather advised I always pay at the office or through a dealer. After paying for the 3800 bouquet I had to go back to UBA to write a letter for retrieval of funds. It took three weeks.

You may like to visit the below link on Facebook to see daily lamentations of subscribers who paid through their bank phone applications.

thanks for your input.

But its too bad,that such a big company cant integrate mobile banking into its system.

I pay for my dstv account easily with my mobile banking app,not trying to be partial here,multichoice is miles ahead of startimes.

2 Likes

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by kissGuys: 8:59am On Jul 12, 2020
authority2006:

Wait until you become a victim, then we will have your pictures and video on all media channels in Nigeria. I guess you will like that. About two days ago, the list of important people who have died of Covid-19 was posted here. This is a society where stigmatisation is the order of the day, yet you want the pictures and videos of suffering and dying victims to be splashed on your TV screen everyday before you can borrow and apply common sense. You will be alright soon.
Are you not ashamed of your display of senselessness

Let me start with stigmatisation...how many people have been stigmatised??.. I mean.. We have chioma.. peter okoye.. So many Governors and politicians.. That have allegedly tested positive.. How exactly were they or their families stigmatised??...

So about your acclaimed list.. Is it just important people that needs to be known?? .. How about only important should worry about the virus...

The picture and videos will go a long way in actually telling where we are in this virus thing.. And not blind facts and alleged numbers..

Mr.. I think you need to actually need to stop this Tom-foolery.. Or at most.. Keep it with you and your family.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija: "I'm Sad And Don't Know What To Do" - Tega's Husband Breaks Silence / Man Enters Cinema With Fufu And Soup To Watch Black Panther! / Prison Break Season 5 And 24 legacy fan page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.