Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations (58071 Views)

Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others / Startimes Shades Tstv On Twitter (photos) / DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by BotherMleeper(m): 10:27am On Jul 12, 2020
The newspaper wrote the article like an advertisement for startimes. So unprofessional
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Iceyjayz: 10:28am On Jul 12, 2020
DEIFIED:
hope it's not filter that is making you look pretty like that wink
It's excessive filter now, that's why she's called Filterlander not queenslander gringrin
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by edoairways: 10:33am On Jul 12, 2020
Anneka101:
This is what we have been expecting from DStv for so many years.

But they would not do it, who watched startime?

We need DStv to follow suit or else we would have to dispose their decorders. We are customers and we have the right to avoid unnecessary charges.
You sure say Nigerians go do am?

1 Like

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by bobkezel(m): 10:35am On Jul 12, 2020
Why are nigerians so gullible? This is not pay as you go na...it is just a daily subscription.

1 Like

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by phemmyfour: 10:37am On Jul 12, 2020
levi2:
I thought DSTV said pay-as-you-go was impossible to implement....Always thought �� those guys(DSTV)were thieves...
Mtn said so many years ago
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Charli3benkz(m): 10:40am On Jul 12, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

Nice concept!

But get telemundo, ZEE world, current Hollywood and others (like jumong them) movie channels

Then you are talking business, anything to kick that exploiters called GOTV out!

Can you imagine I had to pay N2560 per month on top wetin

Still the channels no complete oooooo

Most times light no go dey for days, who will bear the cost

Plus their customer care is nothing to write home about

I wonder why we cannot have an indigenious digital TV, it feels as if we are still in the colonial era undecided

I pay same price for no just cause. Worse thing is they even removed so many channels without any prior notice or even explanation as to why... Dstv just needs to be thrown away aswear.

2 Likes

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by dboo442: 10:45am On Jul 12, 2020
one card daily subscription is back abi
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:52am On Jul 12, 2020
Anneka101:

We need DStv to follow suit or else we would have to dispose their decorders. We are customers and we have the right to avoid unnecessary charges.

I have the dish and I use it. The picture quality is top of the shelf and I absolutely love that soul music channel.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:55am On Jul 12, 2020
Dantedasz:
Lies! Lies!! Lies!!!
First of all Startimes has always proclaimed to operate pay-as-you-go bouquet but try to pay for it on any of their payment platforms INCLUDING their offices and their operatives will tell you it is impossible except you pay for the complete one month.
I am saying this because I once tried to pay for ONLY one week because of the Europa league matches and was told by a Startimes customer care operative that it was IMPOSSIBLE. I ended up subscribing for a month.

The second issue I have with Startimes is the payment for a bouquet can ONLY be made at their registered office or at the premises of their registered agents. You can not pay with your bank application!

Thirdly Startimes have subtly increased their fees like Dstv but with extremely POOR content masquraded it behind a non existent pay as you go bouquet.

And before anybody comes at me I wish to state that I subscribe to both Dstv and Startimes and I regard both platforms as cheating blood sucking platforms that do NOT provide subscribers with what they promise in any way!

You are a paid liar. I subscribed right from my home and the reconnection is like with 5g speed... I use the dish

Their product is even more exciting than what DSTV offers... Mind you, I love documentary and they have got more channels doing that with very clean HD pictures for that low price

3 Likes

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:04am On Jul 12, 2020
Dantedasz:

A trial will convince you. I paid through my UBA app and my payment hooked. I now visited the Startimes app page where I saw series of lamentations of people who made the same mistake.
In fact when I visited the Startimes office in Port Harcourt,the customer care lady I met warned me against doing such but rather advised I always pay at the office or through a dealer. After paying for the 3800 bouquet I had to go back to UBA to write a letter for retrieval of funds. It took three weeks.

You may like to visit the below link on Facebook to see daily lamentations of subscribers who paid through their bank phone applications.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=607905322590751&id=386620758052543

I use quickteller. I have never had this your experience and if I do I will just visit twitter and mention them both.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:07am On Jul 12, 2020
Newboss:

Startimes doesn't have pay as you go. What they have is daily subscription, which is almost double monthly subscription. 90 Naira for 30 days is 2700 Naira.

Pay as you go is like using prepaid meter, or recharging your MTN line. Pay as you go, in its true form, would be disastrous for even Startimes

Why should you resort to daily subscription when there is a monthly sub? Even the charge from your bank makes it a folloish exercise to do that... Daily means you do your sub when you are sure you need it like weekends when you are at home

1 Like

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:09am On Jul 12, 2020
Possiblegee:
their picture quality is crap there are still in digital platform
L
Be sure you have a modern television set because virtually all their picture is either HDor Standard definition... I can declare that their pictures have more lights behind them than DSTV thereby giving your very clear and quality finish
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 12, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

L
Be sure you have a modern television set because virtually all their picture is either HDor Standard definition... I can declare that their pictures have more lights behind them than DSTV thereby giving your very clear and quality finish
oga as soon as you turn on your TV and switch to your startimes decoder you see it on your screen enjoy digital life nothing like HD or SD on starttimes enjoy digital life that’s what they offer
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by JaceBlaze: 11:29am On Jul 12, 2020
PrinceofAgoAre:
cc.tmksouth
irongalaxy
jaceblaze

is this true

No clue.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Dantedasz(m): 11:34am On Jul 12, 2020
Topmaike007:
you're a liar I subscribe weekly anytime I am home

Okay.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Dantedasz(m): 11:34am On Jul 12, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

I use quickteller. I have never had this your experience and if I do I will just visit twitter and mention them both.

Okay.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Dantedasz(m): 11:36am On Jul 12, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

You are a paid liar. I subscribed right from my home and the reconnection is like with 5g speed... I use the dish

Their product is even more exciting than what DSTV offers... Mind you, I love documentary and they have got more channels doing that with very clean HD pictures for that low price

Okay.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Tecord1(m): 11:42am On Jul 12, 2020
DominusPrime:

Rich men won't say that.
you mean the Nigerian rich man mentality.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by DaRuud(m): 11:45am On Jul 12, 2020
dukeprince50:
That's a good innovation, I'll stick with my antenna, I no deh pay, if na football, I go watch am for NL frontpage
Btw, Thunder fire Dstv

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by sweetilicious(f): 11:47am On Jul 12, 2020
levi2:
I thought DSTV said pay-as-you-go was impossible to implement....Always thought �� those guys(DSTV)were thieves...
I recharge but not always available to watch it
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by DaRuud(m): 11:47am On Jul 12, 2020
levi2:

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Dantedasz(m): 11:53am On Jul 12, 2020
Possiblegee:
oga as soon as you turn on your TV and switch to your startimes decoder you see it on your screen enjoy digital life nothing like HD or SD on starttimes enjoy digital life that’s what they offer

It is obvious that guy does not know what SD or HD or HHD means.

Some people just want to watch TV in any standard as long as it shows colours. Others are just plain ignorant of what HD pictures mean.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by luluman: 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2020
Anneka101:

Just wait & see how some lost Nairalanders will come & Defend DSTV.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2020
Dantedasz:

It is obvious that guy does not know what SD or HD or HHD means.

Some people just want to watch TV in any standard as long as it shows colours. Others are just plain ignorant of what HD pictures mean.
don’t mind him he was just talking about lights
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by francisbarrack(m): 12:00pm On Jul 12, 2020
LaReinaa:
Which one is ours? Are you from China
yes n u
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by NaijadrivaCars: 12:09pm On Jul 12, 2020
How I wish they don't have up to 15 NTA stations and less of foreign ones. They should have Natgeo, Discovery etc and see us dive in.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by NaijadrivaCars: 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2020
Whether DSTV or Star times, they are owned by foreigners. Where is our indigenous owned TSTV
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Dantedasz(m): 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2020
Possiblegee:
don’t mind him he was just talking about lights

The guy is very funny. That was why I responded to him with ok.
He either does not have the faintest idea of what HD programming is or he is a troll or he is a Startimes agent.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Mars16(m): 12:29pm On Jul 12, 2020
Startimes is the best.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Samfloxin(m): 12:30pm On Jul 12, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

Nice concept!

But get telemundo, ZEE world, current Hollywood and others (like jumong them) movie channels

Then you are talking business, anything to kick that exploiters called GOTV out!

Can you imagine I had to pay N2560 per month on top wetin

Still the channels no complete oooooo

Most times light no go dey for days, who will bear the cost

Plus their customer care is nothing to write home about

I wonder why we cannot have an indigenious digital TV, it feels as if we are still in the colonial era undecided

After paying that 2560, they removed CNN,CBS Reality, Super Sports 4(wrestling), Food Network. Honestly I felt that DStv is useless to me. These stations are my favourite stations. Did they also remove them from your bouquet?
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Mars16(m): 12:31pm On Jul 12, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
How I wish they don't have up to 15 NTA stations and less of foreign ones. They should have Natgeo, Discovery etc and see us dive in.
They have Natgeo, discovery maybe is not in your subscription.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services / BBNaija: "I'm Sad And Don't Know What To Do" - Tega's Husband Breaks Silence / Man Enters Cinema With Fufu And Soup To Watch Black Panther!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.