Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations (58014 Views)

Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others / Startimes Shades Tstv On Twitter (photos) / DSTV, Startimes, Others Question FG Tax Relief To TStv Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Mars16(m): 12:32pm On Jul 12, 2020
Samfloxin:

After paying that 2560, they removed CNN,CBS Reality, Super Sports 4(wrestling), Food Network. Honestly I felt that DStv is useless to me. These stations are my favourite stations. Did they also remove them from your bouquet?

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2020
Tecord1:
you mean the Nigerian rich man mentality.
No. Most rich men around the world will not say they will watch football via comments on a forum.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 12, 2020
texazzpete:
DSTV: “naira is depreciating and most of our content is paid for with dollars, so we are slightly increasing our charges”

Broke, entitled Nigerians: “DSTV are devils! Thieves! Monopolists! Kill them. Why should they be increasing price anyhow?“

Startimes: “naira is depreciating and most of our content is paid for with dollars, so we are slightly increasing our charges

Broke, entitled Nigerians: “God bless Startimes! You guys are the Best! We understand why you raised the price”

I laugh in startimes. grin

It's almost as if most of the people commenting DID NOT READ the article. All they saw was 'pay as you go'...and they are already dancing in the streets.

Meanwhile, many of them did not see the subtle increase in the packages prices .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by SexyVina(f): 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2020
dukeprince50:
That's a good innovation, I'll stick with my antenna, I no deh pay, if na football, I go watch am for NL frontpage
Btw, Thunder fire Dstv

Poverty is a bastard chai
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Testimony1988(m): 1:09pm On Jul 12, 2020
Some channels in the basic boutique are irrelevant, I hope they will be replaced and add better channels.

1 Like

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Slynation(m): 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2020
If Startimes can just add Champions League and La liga for me, God knows I will use my DSTV as burnt offering...
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by matrixme(m): 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2020
Even with all these options, Nigerians are not going to replace MultiChoice products with startimes anytime soon. It's like the devil we all pray to do without but can't really escape from it's grip.
No platform will ever replace the type of content Nigerians get from MultiChoice. Who won't fall in love with AM Owambe party and others of such? Let's not even talk of BB Naija that millions of people are out there hustling to subscribe for...

1 Like

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Darnii(m): 1:41pm On Jul 12, 2020
To perform Daily subscription on STARTIMES any time any day.

Contact me on WHATSAPP : /+2348169170395
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by osamz007: 1:49pm On Jul 12, 2020
HOW DO ONE SUBSCRIBE TO ALL BOUQUETS AND WHAT'S THE COST?
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by authority2006(m): 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2020
kissGuys:
Are you not ashamed of your display of senselessness

Let me start with stigmatisation...how many people have been stigmatised??.. I mean.. We have chioma.. peter okoye.. So many Governors and politicians.. That have allegedly tested positive.. How exactly were they or their families stigmatised??...

So about your acclaimed list.. Is it just important people that needs to be known?? .. How about only important should worry about the virus...

The picture and videos will go a long way in actually telling where we are in this virus thing.. And not blind facts and alleged numbers..

Guess you know more than the people saddled with the responsibility of Covid-19 containment

Mr.. I think you need to actually need to stop this Tom-foolery.. Or at most.. Keep it with you and your family.

You should look in the mirror, then you will realise that you are addressing yourself. Someone still crying for pictures and videos at this stage!
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:08pm On Jul 12, 2020
Samfloxin:

After paying that 2560, they removed CNN,CBS Reality, Super Sports 4(wrestling), Food Network. Honestly I felt that DStv is useless to me. These stations are my favourite stations. Did they also remove them from your bouquet?
Them remove movie channel for channel 3 join, commot channel 23, 67 (cartoon network) as in na to package their decoder keep for one side!

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:22pm On Jul 12, 2020
Possiblegee:
oga as soon as you turn on your TV and switch to your startimes decoder you see it on your screen enjoy digital life nothing like HD or SD on starttimes enjoy digital life that’s what they offer

Okay . You win or rather my startime dish is different making me a lucky chap.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Adgideon(m): 2:29pm On Jul 12, 2020
Anneka101:
This is what we have been expecting from DStv for so many years.

But they would not do it, who watched startime?

We need DStv to follow suit or else we would have to dispose their decorders. We are customers and we have the right to avoid unnecessary charges.
don't be surprised now DStv will now say is possible what they they say is impossible the same thing mtn said about per second billing
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by matt2mary: 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2020
Pls tell startimes to restore EWTN
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Adgideon(m): 2:31pm On Jul 12, 2020
Hope our 9ja pple that have shares in DStv will not sabotage it, mtn said per second billing is not possible our own GLO pride came and fall their head, they say pay as u go can't work with DStv don't be surprised they now say is possible and unspreciating Nigerians will still rush to them
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by adebayo111: 2:33pm On Jul 12, 2020
introducing daily, weekly and monthly subscription is not the same as pay as you go
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by signz: 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2020
LandMann:

Are you a DSTV agent?

Would you like the rest of your airtime wiped off if you don't finish it within a month?

I don't how people like derive pleasure in seeing businesses cheat.

No i'm not a DSTV agent cheesy

However, Nigeria pays one of the cheapest rates for DSTV in Africa. DSTV have rich content, from Sports (Tennis Tournaments, Formular 1, Wrestlrmania, Rugby, Cricket, Serie A, Bundesliga, EPL, etc) to rich Documentaries, African MAgic, etc with all these programs, we're being charged one of the cheapest rates in Africa (or infact the Universe). DSTV pays Hundreds of Millions of $$$ (If not up to a Billion $$$) for these contents,.

Our problem is not that the rates are too expensive, our problem is that Nigerians are poor (Stole this quote). Our Leaders (Past and Present) are to blame not DSTV.

3 Likes

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by SavageMaster: 3:51pm On Jul 12, 2020
levi2:
I thought DSTV said pay-as-you-go was impossible to implement....Always thought �� those guys(DSTV)were thieves...

There's nothing that's impossible; it's just that they don't want to do it.

Same way MTN said pay per second was not possible, until another network provider started it
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Queenslander(f): 4:12pm On Jul 12, 2020
signz:

No i'm not a DSTV agent cheesy

However, Nigeria pays one of the cheapest rates for DSTV in Africa. DSTV have rich content, from Sports (Tennis Tournaments, Formular 1, Wrestlrmania, Rugby, Cricket, Serie A, Bundesliga, EPL, etc) to rich Documentaries, African MAgic, etc with all these programs, we're being charged one of the cheapest rates in Africa (or infact the Universe). DSTV pays Hundreds of Millions of $$$ (If not up to a Billion $$$) for these contents,.

Our problem is not that the rates are too expensive, our problem is that Nigerians are poor (Stole this quote). Our Leaders (Past and Present) are to blame not DSTV.
lies, DSTV does not have rights to the bundesliga.. Its a startimes exclusive..
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by WaleRock: 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2020
N4,000 subscription on DSTV has absolutely nothing useful.

The FG should review their operations and license. The rip off is overwhelmingly.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2020
How's the subscription and number of channels, just bought gotv, I don dey nearly regret.
eleojo23:
Is that so?

Startimes is trying though with their HD decoder/ combo.

If you use the SD decoder, you will hate their picture quality but with HDMI cable on the HD decoder, there is big difference, almost like Dstv.

The HD decoder has ordinary AV ports too.
I almost threw away the HD decoder when I used the AV ports until I tried the HDMI port and I changed my mind.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by kissGuys: 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2020
authority2006:

Guess you know more than the people saddled with the responsibility of Covid-19 containment

You should look in the mirror, then you will realise that you are addressing yourself. Someone still crying for pictures and videos at this stage!
lols... You'll do terrible in PR...

Your damage control strategy is awful to be candid... grin

Needless to say.. You aint worthy for tutoring..

So this is the point i leave you to drown in your foolishness
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by earnit3: 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2020
Good
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by olowofariwo(m): 6:59pm On Jul 12, 2020
can somebody explain the real meaning of PAYG.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by olowofariwo(m): 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2020
example of payg is like mtn airtel glo and 9mobile subscriptions
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Playermayweda(m): 7:10pm On Jul 12, 2020
Dstv wey dey mess up, Ordinary rain
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by eleojo23: 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2020
Kelvinprinzyy:
How's the subscription and number of channels, just bought gotv, I don dey nearly regret.

It has some channels that Gotv has.

Check startimes websites for the list of channels. There about 100 or so. I am using the antenna version not the dish.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by maxibrainz02(m): 10:37pm On Jul 12, 2020
Mini importation have turned many Nigerians into millionaires.
Imagine buying women's designer bags for 5000 naira and selling for 25000 naira.
That's pure 20k profit on one product
Just selling 5 of that bag will give you 100k.
Some products are very easy to sell compared to others
Things around weight loss, health, women's beauty, fashion, electronics, gadgets sells very well in Nigeria
I remember selling a 10 naira pink lips balm for 2000 naira.
I don't need to tell you how hot this product is �
The profits in this business is too much.
I have decided to teach you the business of importation.
You will learn how to import products at a very low price and sell very high here in Nigeria
You will be exposed to hot products that sells like fire here in Nigeria.
You will learn how to even beat down the price more as you're negotiating with the seller (this secret alone is one thing nobody will dare tell you)
You will learn how to import your products down to Lagos and from Lagos down to your doorstep anywhere you are
You will also learn how to sell your products.
By the end of the class you will be the indaboski of alerts �
Promise me you will pay me tithe when you begin lick oil �
Now tell me how much you're willing to pay for this class.
30k?
20k?
10k?
But NO
I'm crashing it down to a discount price of 3000.
Yes 3000.
But this offer will last last for 24hours
I also have an offer for early birds (those that will pay before 7pm)
Early birds will pay 2500.
After 24hours everything will go back to 10k
The hot Product template alone is 30k not to talk of how to negotiate with the seller and beat down the prices more or is it the platforms that you can sell off your products with ease
Contact
080. 68. 15 29 51.
I will also give out my underground importation book i bought for 7k for FREE.
Secure your bag ASAP �

1 Like

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by abbiboy: 12:53am On Jul 13, 2020
hardizzle:
What is Gotv waiting for?

Disposing any thing go or tv.
Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by abbiboy: 12:55am On Jul 13, 2020
Kreamie:
If only they had quality content. cry

Like bbn shey!

1 Like

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by abbiboy: 12:58am On Jul 13, 2020
AKzee:
As long as there's no premier league and la liga, they are still not good enough. DSTV did increase their subscriptions and we are fighting them, only for startimes to start doing it. Rubbish.

Because football na ur only problem for life,ur mate dey challenge bad governance u dey talk la liga n epl,who dem epp.

1 Like

Re: Startimes Introduces "Pay As You Go", Adds More Stations by Iceyjayz: 6:47am On Jul 13, 2020
Queenslander:
lies, DSTV does not have rights to the bundesliga.. Its a startimes exclusive..
Oh you have removed it again, why are you so unstable jeez!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija Vandora: I Saw Bitto's Manhood, I Ran Out Of The Bathroom That Day / TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services / BBNaija: Alex Suffers Nip Slip On Live Eviction Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.