Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,058 members, 7,814,641 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (5332 Views)

Can You Sponsor Your Girlfriend Or Fiancee In School? / Should I Sponsor Her Education? / Do Not Sponsor Her Education Or Career If She Is Not Your Wife: Miss Cokie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 13, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by stacyadams: 11:20pm On Jul 13, 2020
cheesy grin grin grin
azvm:
2014. i met a guy on Nairaland, i'll call him C. i'm not a new member, only using a new moniker. I was 27, him 29 (now we're 32, 35). i'm yoruba, him igbo. we met in Religion where we were encouraging one suicidal, depressed dude in a thread. he PMed me abt liking what i wrote then the friendship began. we had things in common, had interesting discussions, talked about ourselves and families, problems, etc. we agreed to be in a ldr, communicated mostly over email, whatsapp texts. we've done video calls too several times and till three years ago but i put a stop to them bc he was always asking me to show him parts of my body

2016. i was doing a school research project i needed a website for. C told me he knew someone in Nigeria to build it for me, said he would pay him the money, about $100. after the website was built , a week later he started hampering me to return the money, hurling insults at me, telling me i stole his money and he would tell everyone i took his money and ran. i told him i thought the money had been a gift. we were in a relationship, i didn't think i had to return it. after all the verbal abuse i sent him the money -actually sent him more than $100, then he was happy. it wasn't until i told him how bad his behavior was towards me that he apologized. after this, he wanted me to visit him in Nigeria (we had talked abt me visiting Nigeria since 2015) but i couldn't make it. he soon quit talking to me, disappeared. i didn't hear from him at all for three months, no calls, no nothing. i ended up meeting a man here, a Jamaican. i wasn't attracted to this man, we weren't in a relationship. i don't want to get into these details but i was sexually assaulted and lost my virginity, at 29. i reported to the police last year, it's still an ongoing police case. i somehow blame C. i've felt if he hadn't disappeared i wouldn't hv fallen into the hands of this rapist. C knew my goal was always to save myself for marriage like i had been doing.

rewind. some background. before i met C, i was in a relationship when i was 25, in 2012.
2012. i met a yoruba guy my Uni. he was an international student. we never had sex due to me wanting to wait for marriage. we kissed, hugged during our weekly outings. we saw each other once a week for movies, dinner, bowling. he ended up cheating. 7 months later, i broke up w him. this dude is history but is who i consider my ex if you ask who my ex is. i consider this relationship my first ever relationship, the only real-life relationship i've ever been in all my life, though a non-sexual one.

back to C.
2017. he did encourage me after i told him what had happened to me, provided moral support. but he then disappeared again. when he contacted me four months later, i was upset, we exchanged some words over email- mostly me calling him dishonest, unfaithful, untrustworthy, which were all true. he took things too far and was verbally abusive calling me horrible names and using the things i've told him about myself to insult me, like the sexual assault. he apologized later but i was quite hurt. we decided to start anew for a relationship mostly doing whatsapp texts and email as usual. he isn't a phone call person, he has the tendency to need his space for a week a two- i never complained.

2018. he disappeared again this time for 8 months, from april to november, no communication at all. i had told myself to forget about him. he suddenly called my phone one november afternoon 5 times. when we got to talking he confessed he was engaged to an igbo girl in Nigeria, was busy making preparations for the marriage but her family were making too many financial demands so he opted to call it off. i was shocked to hear he had been engaged. i told him he only contacted me again since the marriage plans didn't work out. he apologized, said it's me he wants to marry, i'm a simple girl, i'll give him peace of mind, blah blab blah. he wanted us to start where we left off. i told him i no longer trusted him but said we could try again, see where it goes

2019. we continue and things were fine till Valentine's Day. a week before V-day he said he loved me, promised to never leave me again. on Valentine's day i got no Valentine's message from him either or email or whatsapp, no call, nothing. meanwhile i would see him on whatsapp. fast forward to two weeks later i needed a logo for a blog of mine. i found a guy on nairaland for it. initially i wanted to send C the money to give to the guy but i decided to send him the money myself, i sent him the money then C started ignoring me. long story short the guy didn't send my logo after receiving the money. i told C, asked him to call the guy for me to release my logo, he refused. after this, i stopped communicating with C myself this time, he didn't contact me either, not till later last year

2020. fast forward to last month he told me abt his laptop which got damaged after a power outage. i started looking online to buy another laptop for him ( i didn't tell him ). my plan was to surprise him, send it to him for his birthday in October. we chatted on whatsapp the next day, i was doing my best to make him feel better, asked him what laptop he's using now, other questions to show him i care. all of a sudden he went of on me calling me deplorable n all sorts of names, saying stuff he knows will hurt me. i dunno maybe he was having a bad day or what. i told him i was planning to buy another laptop for him but he carried on insulting me. i blocked him. asides, his communication towards me recently has been sexual -he's always talkn abt wanting to make love to me, how attracted he is to me ( he has my pics ), how i'm his fantasy. he emailed me days later talkn abt me being the love of his life. he first refused apologizing for all his insults said over whatsapp, he said he doesn't need to apologize before i forgive. he finally said "i'm sorry ok" days later, i told him there's no more relationship. he says he doesn't want to let me go, i'm the only one who understands him. lately i've been thinking abt sponsoring him or going to nigeria to marry him. despite the fights he hs been my friend over the years. plus i'm thinking being in the same place may help us bond a lot better, start a family someday. my fears are he may not be a good father or husband, will be abusive, or i may find out he's got a wife in Nigeria. what do u guys think i should do?

*he's still on nairaland though not too active. he may or may not see this thread... it wouldn't matter either way.

grin grin grin

So you carry our matter come nairaland
Don't worry I won't disappear on you again

We will vote atiku together
We will vote trump together grin
U will be my Kim,I will be ur kanye

We will play bet9ja together
We will visit hushpuppy in his Gucci Chicago jail together.. grin

11 Likes

Re: . by ifex370(m): 11:21pm On Jul 13, 2020
azvm:
2014. i met a guy on Nairaland, i'll call him C. i'm not a new member, only using a new moniker. I was 27, him 29 (now we're 32, 35). i'm yoruba, him igbo. we met in Religion where we were encouraging one suicidal, depressed dude in a thread. he PMed me abt liking what i wrote then the friendship began. we had things in common, had interesting discussions, talked about ourselves and families, problems, etc. we agreed to be in a ldr, communicated mostly over email, whatsapp texts. we've done video calls too several times and till three years ago but i put a stop to them bc he was always asking me to show him parts of my body

2016. i was doing a school research project i needed a website for. C told me he knew someone in Nigeria to build it for me, said he would pay him the money, about $100. after the website was built , a week later he started hampering me to return the money, hurling insults at me, telling me i stole his money and he would tell everyone i took his money and ran. i told him i thought the money had been a gift. we were in a relationship, i didn't think i had to return it. after all the verbal abuse i sent him the money -actually sent him more than $100, then he was happy. it wasn't until i told him how bad his behavior was towards me that he apologized. after this, he wanted me to visit him in Nigeria (we had talked abt me visiting Nigeria since 2015) but i couldn't make it. he soon quit talking to me, disappeared. i didn't hear from him at all for three months, no calls, no nothing. i ended up meeting a man here, a Jamaican. i wasn't attracted to this man, we weren't in a relationship. i don't want to get into these details but i was sexually assaulted and lost my virginity, at 29. i reported to the police last year, it's still an ongoing police case. i somehow blame C. i've felt if he hadn't disappeared i wouldn't hv fallen into the hands of this rapist. C knew my goal was always to save myself for marriage like i had been doing.

rewind. some background. before i met C, i was in a relationship when i was 25, in 2012.
2012. i met a yoruba guy my Uni. he was an international student. we never had sex due to me wanting to wait for marriage. we kissed, hugged during our weekly outings. we saw each other once a week for movies, dinner, bowling. he ended up cheating. 7 months later, i broke up w him. this dude is history but is who i consider my ex if you ask who my ex is. i consider this relationship my first ever relationship, the only real-life relationship i've ever been in all my life, though a non-sexual one.

back to C.
2017. he did encourage me after i told him what had happened to me, provided moral support. but he then disappeared again. when he contacted me four months later, i was upset, we exchanged some words over email- mostly me calling him dishonest, unfaithful, untrustworthy, which were all true. he took things too far and was verbally abusive calling me horrible names and using the things i've told him about myself to insult me, like the sexual assault. he apologized later but i was quite hurt. we decided to start anew for a relationship mostly doing whatsapp texts and email as usual. he isn't a phone call person, he has the tendency to need his space for a week a two- i never complained.

2018. he disappeared again this time for 8 months, from april to november, no communication at all. i had told myself to forget about him. he suddenly called my phone one november afternoon 5 times. when we got to talking he confessed he was engaged to an igbo girl in Nigeria, was busy making preparations for the marriage but her family were making too many financial demands so he opted to call it off. i was shocked to hear he had been engaged. i told him he only contacted me again since the marriage plans didn't work out. he apologized, said it's me he wants to marry, i'm a simple girl, i'll give him peace of mind, blah blab blah. he wanted us to start where we left off. i told him i no longer trusted him but said we could try again, see where it goes

2019. we continue and things were fine till Valentine's Day. a week before V-day he said he loved me, promised to never leave me again. on Valentine's day i got no Valentine's message from him either or email or whatsapp, no call, nothing. meanwhile i would see him on whatsapp. fast forward to two weeks later i needed a logo for a blog of mine. i found a guy on nairaland for it. initially i wanted to send C the money to give to the guy but i decided to send him the money myself, i sent him the money then C started ignoring me. long story short the guy didn't send my logo after receiving the money. i told C, asked him to call the guy for me to release my logo, he refused. after this, i stopped communicating with C myself this time, he didn't contact me either, not till later last year

2020. fast forward to last month he told me abt his laptop which got damaged after a power outage. i started looking online to buy another laptop for him ( i didn't tell him ). my plan was to surprise him, send it to him for his birthday in October. we chatted on whatsapp the next day, i was doing my best to make him feel better, asked him what laptop he's using now, other questions to show him i care. all of a sudden he went of on me calling me deplorable n all sorts of names, saying stuff he knows will hurt me. i dunno maybe he was having a bad day or what. i told him i was planning to buy another laptop for him but he carried on insulting me. i blocked him. asides, his communication towards me recently has been sexual -he's always talkn abt wanting to make love to me, how attracted he is to me ( he has my pics ), how i'm his fantasy. he emailed me days later talkn abt me being the love of his life. he first refused apologizing for all his insults said over whatsapp, he said he doesn't need to apologize before i forgive. he finally said "i'm sorry ok" days later, i told him there's no more relationship. he says he doesn't want to let me go, i'm the only one who understands him. lately i've been thinking abt sponsoring him or going to nigeria to marry him. despite the fights he hs been my friend over the years. plus i'm thinking being in the same place may help us bond a lot better, start a family someday. my fears are he may not be a good father or husband, will be abusive, or i may find out he's got a wife in Nigeria. what do u guys think i should do?

*he's still on nairaland though not too active. he may or may not see this thread... it wouldn't matter either way.

Incredible... If this is true... This is in fvcking credible
Re: . by xmen4mee(m): 11:22pm On Jul 13, 2020
come and marry me
Re: . by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 13, 2020
so u want to sponsor a nairalander u met here overseas over the ilusion of love bah undecided
u never sponsor ur own brothers overseas o
na one guy here wey probably dey play u u wan send overseas
see as i juts dey look u

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Sammy07: 11:28pm On Jul 13, 2020
lefulefu:
so u want to sponsor a nairalander u met here overseas over the ilusion of love bah undecided
u never sponsor ur own brothers overseas o
na one guy here wey probably dey play u u wan send overseas
see as i juts dey look u

I don't know the adjective that I can use qualify her.

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 13, 2020
ohh the guy has even played u already sef'
thank God u have learnt ur lesson if this story is true
for anyone who wants to sponsor someone overseas first sponsor ur own siblings before u thinking of one random guy or babe to sponsor over the illusion of love.If u sponsor another person while living ur own sibling to rot in naija then God will never forgive u for ur foolishness

12 Likes

Re: . by sonofthunder: 11:28pm On Jul 13, 2020
azvm:

back to C.

Egungun be careful na express you dey go...........

5 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 13, 2020
Sammy07:

I don't know the adjective that I can use qualify her.
i doubt if na naija girl
no naija girl can be as foolish as this cheesy
most babes wey i know wen dem don hit money and want to help someone na their brothers or younger sis dem dey first help before thinking of any boyfriend.na only guys dey make such silly mistake of helping girlfriend while ignoring their own siblings.Though many of us guys don dey wise cheesy.And of all places na nairaland im come dey help person.i am just hoping dis is a made up story cheesy.

13 Likes

Re: . by Dreyton36: 11:32pm On Jul 13, 2020
I'll be sincere with you, if all you've said now are all affirmative
Don't even let emotions get into your head oo
Run, I repeat run
Some women end up in toxic relationships all in the name of we've been together for so long , I've known him for long

You're thinking of marrying a man that'll loose communication with you for so long and come back anytime he likes ?
And use the secrets he knows about you to insult you
Tell me a responsible man that will even try to hurt a woman's feelings whom he loves
He's a confused being and doesn't even deserve your friendship talk more of marriage
Tufiakwa
It will end in tears

Send me a mail and his informations , I'll send you his wife's pictures and other secrets you don't know
I hate it when some men take women for granted

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 13, 2020
lefulefu:

i doubt if na naija girl
no naija girl can be as foolish as this cheesy
most babes wey i know wen dem don hit money and want to help someone na their brothers or younger sis dem dey first help before thinking of any boyfriend.na only guys dey make such silly mistake of helping girlfriend while ignoring their own siblings.Though many of us guys don dey wise cheesy.And of all places na nairaland im come dey help person.i am just hoping dis is a made up story cheesy.
i'm Nigerian by birth. my siblings are abroad too. i do hv cousins, nephews in Nigeria but we're not close

5 Likes

Re: . by Graysons: 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2020
All these cock and bull stories self make I go sleep jare time don go.

9 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 13, 2020
Dreyton36:
I'll be sincere with you, if all you've said now are all affirmative
Don't even let emotions get into your head oo
Run, I repeat run
Some women end up in toxic relationships all in the name of we've been together for so long , I've known him for long

You're thinking of marrying a man that'll loose communication with you for so long and come back anytime he likes ?
And use the secrets he knows about you to insult you
Tell me a responsible man that will even try to hurt a woman's feelings whom he loves
He's a confused being and doesn't even deserve your friendship talk more of marriage
Tufiakwa
It will end in tears
ok, tnx. my story is 200% true. everything i've written is what i've been through. i just wanted to hear people's thoughts on what i should do.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 13, 2020
azvm:
i'm Nigerian by birth. my siblings are abroad too. i do hv cousins, nephews in Nigeria but we're not close
so u said the guy is very active on nl? whats his moniker?
Re: . by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 13, 2020
azvm:
ok, tnx. my story is 200% true. i just wanted to hear people's thoughts on what i should do.
wat u should do? call im out for starters.at least the air ticket money he should send it back to u since he"s playing u
Re: . by Dreyton36: 11:38pm On Jul 13, 2020
azvm:
ok, tnx. my story is 200% true. everything i've written is what i've been through. i just wanted to hear people's thoughts on what i should do.

Like I said email me , and I'll tell you all you have to do
Mind you, I'm a clinical psychologist
Re: . by Odoogu(m): 11:39pm On Jul 13, 2020
azvm
to also cut my long opinion short....
in the very secret place of your heart, you know the answer and the actions you are to take.
dont be scared, it's your life, bought with a price, be happy and enjoy it. YOLO
Re: . by welturebotanical: 11:50pm On Jul 13, 2020
C
Re: . by ImaIma1(f): 11:51pm On Jul 13, 2020
I don't know if you enjoy being treated badly. You want to waste your time and money on someone that ghosts you whenever he likes and reappears knowing you will always take him back.

Someone who insults you and uses the things you tell him to spite you. No No No.

He is here in Nigeria and giving you so much drama, just imagine when you are together.

Please cut him off asap.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by xcommando(m): 11:55pm On Jul 13, 2020
Pls don’t ever try that, that guy is using you to cruise don’t be surprise he has a family.

8 Likes

Re: . by Daniiel: 12:07am On Jul 14, 2020
azvm:

back to C.

I know how you feel is hard to cut off who you have been used to ... let him go so u wud av anoda one .... Let most of ur principles slide and flow with guys u wud get to stumble on an amazing personality

2 Likes

Re: . by BigJoe19: 12:08am On Jul 14, 2020
Fake ass story, no Nairaland girl can do these

2 Likes

Re: . by doremi123(f): 12:13am On Jul 14, 2020
Baby biko, I kneel down beg you, don't try it. I repeat, DO NOT TRY IT.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 14, 2020
xcommando:
Pls don’t ever try that, that guy is using you to cruise don’t be surprise he has a family.
yes, this is one of my fears

Daniiel:

I know how you feel is hard to cut off who you have been used to ... let him go so u wud av anoda one .... Let most of ur principles slide and flow with guys u wud get to stumble on an amazing personality
ok, i will try

doremi123:
Baby biko, I kneel down beg you, don't try it. I repeat, DO NOT TRY IT.
ok

1 Like

Re: . by Godsonjolly: 12:25am On Jul 14, 2020
Ah. No no no no. Don't tell me it's true. When I'm here crying and begging God for a laptop. So sad.
Pls just cut off from the guy or whatever alphabet you used to describe him. Him verbally insulting you and calling you names is enough. If he can do these online, talk more of what he'll do when he sees u physically, he might even beat u blue black. Don't deceive yourself or let love fool you. You'll end up regretting. You 32 for Christ sakes, enjoy yourself and get someone who appreciates and adore you. Not someone who insults you. You should know the right thing to do by now. Be good.

3 Likes

Re: . by Vizzim: 12:26am On Jul 14, 2020
azvm:

back to C.

After reading your thread op. With all honesty, you know how your relationship will end up. The choice is yours to make.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 14, 2020
Cut him off cos it's clear that what he wants is your body and your money.Fvck Love or whatever you think you feel for him.

2 Likes

Re: . by luminouz(m): 12:35am On Jul 14, 2020
I stopped reading at 'i blamed C for my being sexually assaulted'

Will you take responsibility for once? undecided undecided undecided undecided

C never carried your legs to the nigga's house or made the Jamaican do shiit. He was over 4000 miles away for fuq sakes...

4 Likes

Re: . by luminouz(m): 12:36am On Jul 14, 2020
lefulefu:
so u said the guy is very active on nl? whats his moniker?

So you believe her story? wink

I don't!!
Re: . by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 14, 2020
luminouz:

So you believe her story? wink

I don't!!
giving benefit of doubt cheesy

1 Like

Re: . by luminouz(m): 12:41am On Jul 14, 2020
lefulefu:
giving benefit of doubt cheesy

Well, I seriously dey doubt her jare

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Angelacruz: 1:06am On Jul 14, 2020
Babe abeg i take God's name beg u,block dat guy in every possible way.He is married n wat to scam u of ur money n valuables.He is an ingrates,a thief,an internet fraudster etc.If u dnt give him a strong warning n block him,it will definetly end in customized tears.The handwriting is on d wall n it's clearly written.Please move on.HE DOES NOT LOVE U,HE IS an INTERNET FRAUDSTER.Pls be wise dis is Nigeria
azvm:

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? / See Person Future Wife / Can A Bird And A Fish Fall In Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.