Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. (5512 Views)

My Friend Wants To Come To My Parents House With His Girlfriend To Have Sex. / Zimbabwean Woman Caught Sleeping With A 13-Year-Old Boy In His Parents' House / Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by quadriolakunle(m): 12:03am On Jul 14, 2020
Hi guys,

This is first post here.

Just wanted to be sure of something and I have seen Alot of intelligent contributors on this platform.

This is the issue.

At what age did you leave your parents house to alone.
Or what age is best for become independent of your parents.

All manners of counsel is allowed.
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by dongalaxy(m): 12:08am On Jul 14, 2020
I left my family at the age of 20, one year after my SSCE . What do u have for me To compliment my response to ur question??

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by quadriolakunle(m): 12:15am On Jul 14, 2020
dongalaxy:
I left my family at the age of 20, one year after my SSCE . What do u have for me To compliment my response to ur question??

To stay in your own, independent?

How did you survive.

And your parents were still alive and catering for you.

I'm confused, sorry for all the plenty questions

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by budaatum: 12:16am On Jul 14, 2020
15. Ma had had enough of me.
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by dongalaxy(m): 12:18am On Jul 14, 2020
quadriolakunle:

To stay in your own, independent?

How did you survive.

And your parents were still alive and catering for you.

I'm confused, sorry for all the plenty questions

I started staying alone at the age of 27 but my hustling started at 20

8 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by quadriolakunle(m): 12:22am On Jul 14, 2020
Wow, you must be a lot to have.

How did you go through it.

How has it been so far.

budaatum:
15. Ma had had enough of me.
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by budaatum: 12:28am On Jul 14, 2020
quadriolakunle:
Wow, you must be a lot to have.

How did you go through it.

How has it been so far.
It was damn tough. And it made me tougher. I'm going to see ma on Monday to make her breakfast.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by blazingblender(m): 1:00am On Jul 14, 2020
i believe in GOD some years to come
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by falcon01: 1:07am On Jul 14, 2020
I'm still at home, self employed family house is a big Ass house plus we've got like 4 houses so even if you stay or leave it doesnt make any difference.

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by TakingItBack: 1:11am On Jul 14, 2020
Left at age 25 due to Naija factor

If to say all the work for Naija 18

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Etinosa1234: 1:59am On Jul 14, 2020
I nor dey left my parents house...
Na my inheritance be that
I Jus dey wait make I see documents make I sell am grin

19 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by TakingItBack: 2:12am On Jul 14, 2020
Prodigal don’t kill them ooo
Etinosa1234:

7 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by smadav(m): 4:09am On Jul 14, 2020
24 years during my Nysc service year, and I never returned.

8 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by jawalis(m): 4:36am On Jul 14, 2020
At 22. That was when I graduated from the college of health. Though I still get stipends from momma but trust me, been independent is damn difficult especially when you have no family members to look after you. Lots of my friends got those uncles and aunties that house, helped in some ways but mine was a different story. Lawd” You’ll understand me better if you have lived for weeks without anyone calling to check on how well you are doing. Hmmm, I practically lived like an orphan in Lagos.
Am not yet made though! Still struggling with life.

14 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Bola146(f): 5:31am On Jul 14, 2020
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by uniqueboi1(m): 5:55am On Jul 14, 2020
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Dufil(m): 5:58am On Jul 14, 2020
after your nysc

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by quadriolakunle(m): 7:59am On Jul 14, 2020
falcon01:
I'm still at home, self employed family house is a big Ass house plus we've got like 4 houses so even if you stay or leave it doesnt make any difference.

So you do not feel pressure or the need to leave and make be alone?
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by quadriolakunle(m): 8:01am On Jul 14, 2020
smadav:
24 years during my Nysc service year, and I never returned.

You served in a different state, far away?

I have finished service too and well employed to say.

But being the last born my folks thinks there is no need for me to stay on my own.

I. Actually the last person living in out home with my parents
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by quadriolakunle(m): 8:03am On Jul 14, 2020
jawalis:
At 22. That was when I graduated from the college of health. Though I still get stipends from momma but trust me, been independent is damn difficult especially when you have no family members to look after you. Lots of my friends got those uncles and aunties that house, helped in some ways but mine was a different story. Lawd” You’ll understand me better if you have lived for weeks without anyone calling to check on how well you are doing. Hmmm, I practically lived like an orphan in Lagos.
Am not yet made though! Still struggling with life.

Bro you breakthrough soon.

Just keep the focus and don't be shay to ask for help if you need.

Trust God, He is the maker of men last last.

I am still trying to make the decision.

5 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by quadriolakunle(m): 8:03am On Jul 14, 2020
Dufil:
after your nysc

You mean after your nysc, employed or not?

Even if you finish nysc at 22 or 21.
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by falcon01: 8:26am On Jul 14, 2020
quadriolakunle:

So you do not feel pressure or the need to leave and make be alone?

There was a time I rented a house and damn it! just sucked so I felt I ain't ready yet since weve got a house let me just go back and Manage before gainfull opportunities arise besides there's no pressure at all I can leave when I'm ready.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by WaywardSon(m): 8:35am On Jul 14, 2020
Moving out of your parents house isn't the same as Living in School o

For all these ones saying 15 and 20.

If you're living in a house or lodge that's being paid for by your parents then you're not yet independent.

Pls be honest.

I've been living by myself since my secondary school days through uni and nysc and even now the rent is from Mother dearest. Im not in any competition with anybody lol.

I'm 24 and working on achieving total independence by sweet 25

8 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by jawalis(m): 8:48am On Jul 14, 2020
quadriolakunle:

Bro you breakthrough soon.

Just keep the focus and don't be shay to ask for help if you need.

Trust God, He is the maker of men last last.

I am still trying to make the decision.
Thank you very much. I truly appreciate
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Queenslander(f): 9:29am On Jul 14, 2020
Sweet 16 grin

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by 21cents: 9:47am On Jul 14, 2020
at 23..

man stopped sending stipends to me in school and I accepted wholeheartedly. got hooked with an elite contact here on NL and I showed him my work prowess in my skill and that was the Genesis of my Independence. started paying my rent and other school bills since then.

as time went on my network of clientele expanded and now I send money to my people at home.

but, na just still hustle I dey do and money still small. sometimes imake 40k or >70k monthly but I thank God for myself.

8 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by SimeonOTC(m): 9:50am On Jul 14, 2020
quadriolakunle:
Hi guys,

This is first post here.

Just wanted to be sure of something and I have seen Alot of intelligent contributors on this platform.

This is the issue.

At what age did you leave your parents house to alone.
Or what age is best for become independent of your parents.

All manners of counsel is allowed.

lol...bro, you post this at 12 mid night..you must be very bother and thinking hard..i understand, am currently in the same situation..i know how it feels..
am currently looking for the slightest opportunity to leave..

NYSC and coronal virus isn't helping issues with me..

there is nothing wrong staying with them but guy man, we gat to leave that comfort zone!
it ache me hard whenever i think of it.

my little advice and plan,
* if you can afford to rent a one room self-con and buy little stuff/minor furnishing and
* if you can get a job, atleast ,with an average pay for a start,
just those two, if you can have them, bro, GERROUT!!!

dnt think of how to survive without them while you are still with them, think of it when you are one you own, the thinking with push you to the edge of the cliff to make to HUSTLE!!.

this is my plan..(if am right about what you are passing through) grin

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by SimeonOTC(m): 9:57am On Jul 14, 2020
Etinosa1234:
òvièdò-kpatakigrin
house and property matter?, aaaaahhh, una dey always deliver back2backgrin
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Clinghton: 10:08am On Jul 14, 2020
Leaving your parents house is not a perfect sign of being independent, some survive through as a result of what is sent to them.

Nigeria is difficult, there is no opportunity created by the government unlike most European countries, in Nigeria you have to do it yourself that's why you need support.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by quadriolakunle(m): 11:30am On Jul 14, 2020
21cents:
at 23..

man stopped sending stipends to me in school and I accepted wholeheartedly. got hooked with an elite contact here on NL and I showed him my work prowess in my skill and that was the Genesis of my Independence. started paying my rent and other school bills since then.

as time went on my network of clientele expanded and now I send money to my people at home.I

but, na just still hustle I dey do and money still small. sometimes imake 40k or >70k monthly but I thank God for myself.

You're getting it bro.

Building a life as a man is not easy.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Kyngfarabale1(m): 11:33am On Jul 14, 2020
still living with them but I've my customize self contain plus kitchen and toilet...... do my feeding and every other things myself bcoz I've a job but I don't wish to leave them yet bcoz we're not much in d house again after my elder ones are married.... just remaining me n my junior bro and some grand children staying with us..... I Dont even enter their parlour for sooo long..... from work to my room except I wan to say hi sometimes to momcy and popcy..... but I still never rich sha but we thank Oluwa.... lol
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by quadriolakunle(m): 11:33am On Jul 14, 2020
SimeonOTC:

lol...bro, you post this at 12 mid night..you must be very bother and thinking hard..i understand, am currently in the same situation..i know how it feels..
am currently looking for the slightest opportunity to leave..

NYSC and coronal virus isn't helping issues with me..

there is nothing wrong staying with them but guy man, we gat to leave that comfort zone!
it ache me hard whenever i think of it.

my little advice and plan,
* if you can afford to rent a one room self-con and buy little stuff/minor furnishing and
* if you can get a job, atleast ,with an average pay for a start,
just those two, if you can have them, bro, GERROUT!!!

dnt think of how to survive without them while you are still with them, think of it when you are one you own, the thinking with push you to the edge of the cliff to make to HUSTLE!!.

this is my plan..(if am right about what you are passing through) grin

You definitely understand how I feel.

I am done with nysc and reasonably employed.

Its actually a comfort zone, being the last child still leaving at home.

Everthing I bring the topic, my folks are always like why am I rushing.

And my brother, who is the first born left home after nysc for a different state to settle on his own.

He his doing well now.

I don't want to seem stubborn and disobedient to my folks and I don't want to keep enjoying in their comfort zone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Had An Argument This Morning And My Girlfriend Did This To Me - Man / JAMB result Oga Jabez comedy / How Do I Really Know That My Lady Loves Me Deeply?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.