Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. (5511 Views)

My Friend Wants To Come To My Parents House With His Girlfriend To Have Sex. / Zimbabwean Woman Caught Sleeping With A 13-Year-Old Boy In His Parents' House / Guys, At What Age Will Your Tie The Knot? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by SimeonOTC(m): 11:28pm On Jul 15, 2020
candyguyofficia:

In your thread of "Rude rich girl ..." You said you graduated from AAU now you said you graduated from Auchi. How far which is true? Not that you owe anyone here but the story no add up
believe that guy at your own pere
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Westernlove: 11:31pm On Jul 15, 2020
quadriolakunle:
Hi guys,

This is first post here.

Just wanted to be sure of something and I have seen Alot of intelligent contributors on this platform.

This is the issue.

At what age did you leave your parents house to alone.
Or what age is best for become independent of your parents.

All manners of counsel is allowed.

I left at 5years and I've never looked back.......

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 17, 2020
Dreyton36:
[color=#990000][/color]

Base on the Edo boy wey I be

I left home at 13, me ouse for Lagos , ikorodu no time

I'm 28 now I dey enjoy my life and my parents too dey flex

That's how I take get correct link to travel , if you want travel out and you get your cash ready just send me mail
I go show you way no time
Any country at all , E clear like vision
Please I want to start selling YAMS, is there any thing you can teach me?
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by quadriolakunle(m): 9:31pm On Jul 17, 2020
stevmatt15:

My aunts sell yams too,

She sells in Lagos and Ogun, she purchases from. Abuja majorly.
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Dreyton36: 11:41pm On Jul 17, 2020
stevmatt15:

No I can't teach you how to sell yams but I can pray for you

MAY YOU SELL YAMS ALL YOUR LIFE AND EARN FROM IT (AMEN)
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2020
quadriolakunle:

My aunts sell yams too,

She sells in Lagos and Ogun, she purchases from. Abuja majorly.
That is where I am planning to go to. But here they said I must join their meeting 25k. If not they will raid my yams
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 18, 2020
Dreyton36:

No I can't teach you how to sell yams but I can pray for you

MAY YOU SELL YAMS ALL YOUR LIFE AND EARN FROM IT (AMEN)
I won't sell yam all my life. Because am not a Farmer but a Trader. Better Future awaits me. Amen.
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Dreyton36: 12:44am On Jul 19, 2020
stevmatt15:

I won't sell yam all my life. Because am not a Farmer but a Trader. Better Future awaits me. Amen.

E shock you?
Na wetin person wish for them they wish for am
You came to savagetize me ain't it ?
You said you wanna sell yams ain't it?
May you sell the yams till u quench
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by MATURELION: 3:21am On Jul 19, 2020
I think the standard for nigerians should be 25 because of economy and how there could be tension between you and your folks at that age, for me I've been renting my small home since 2018 (at age 23) although it doesn't cost much but I know the ammount of work I have to put in to keep saving up since there is always need to spend, I think at a certain age say 29-30 you should've moved out even if it's with style or small small till you get on your feet
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by MATURELION: 3:25am On Jul 19, 2020
21cents:
at 23..

man stopped sending stipends to me in school and I accepted wholeheartedly. got hooked with an elite contact here on NL and I showed him my work prowess in my skill and that was the Genesis of my Independence. started paying my rent and other school bills since then.

as time went on my network of clientele expanded and now I send money to my people at home.

but, na just still hustle I dey do and money still small. sometimes imake 40k or >70k monthly but I thank God for myself.
same here bro, right now I'm making tops from minimum of 60-150k monthly as per freelance work just lucky enough that my folks secured a top paying job so I don't need to send anything home, they even stopped giving me pocket money as soon as I finished uni lol they don't like giving me cash but they will feed you eh
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by HandsomeBlack: 5:47am On Jul 19, 2020
I think it's more about maturity than age.

Parents should prepare their kids to be independent as early as possible but not earlier than 18 years.

After attaining 18, the longer you stay with parents, the more you loose your respect.

Unfortunately, we live in a society that stigmatize young ladies living alone.

Also for safety concerns, it may not be ideal for young ladies to live alone.

Las Las, it depends.
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by tunize(m): 8:44am On Jul 19, 2020
Etinosa1234:
I nor dey left my parents house...

Na my inheritance be that

I Jus dey wait make I see documents make I sell am grin

Hahahahahha nairaland can be a comic zone shall.
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by quadriolakunle(m): 9:30am On Jul 19, 2020
MATURELION:
I think the standard for nigerians should be 25 because of economy and how there could be tension between you and your folks at that age, for me I've been renting my small home since 2018 (at age 23) although it doesn't cost much but I know the ammount of work I have to put in to keep saving up since there is always need to spend, I think at a certain age say 29-30 you should've moved out even if it's with style or small small till you get on your feet

23 is not too young

But 29,30...my dad would have chased you out.
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by quadriolakunle(m): 9:33am On Jul 19, 2020
HandsomeBlack:
I think it's more about maturity than age.

Parents should prepare their kids to be independent as early as possible but not earlier than 18 years.

After attaining 18, the longer you stay with parents, the more you loose your respect.

Unfortunately, we live in a society that stigmatize young ladies living alone.

Also for safety concerns, it may not be ideal for young ladies to live alone.

Las Las, it depends.

It more of financial freedom to be really honest.

And then maturity comes afterwards
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by MATURELION: 10:21am On Jul 19, 2020
quadriolakunle:

23 is not too young

But 29,30...my dad would have chased you out.
exactly, except you're the last born that is when it won't look somehow, but as any other born in the family especially first born alot is expected of you cos they'll eventually have to leave you so they can leverage resources to train the others
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by MATURELION: 10:33am On Jul 19, 2020
Vivianagoja:

I hate going Home.
Once u step in ...one nag after the other.
this is what majority of peope don't understand, the other day my mom was yelling at me for something that even my dad did not see as serious (the man is an introvert while my mom is the noise maker) that is when I knew they were tired of my presence, anyways I came home to them because of this virus and since they're disturbing my work from home schedule (via freelance jobs) I have to leave to my place again

Also I have to say being told what to do all the time at this age is somehow honestly especially when you're planning your life daily

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 19, 2020
Dreyton36:
[color=#990000][/color]

Base on the Edo boy wey I be

I left home at 13, me and 4 of my friends saved money to rent a single room , 5 boys for one small room on top carpet chai

At 14 i don dey smoke base on say street don take over
At 15 me and one of my friend don rent out own single room they live together , they bleep small small girls of our age then

Wondering how we survive? No reason am , for Edo state to chop no be issue , hustle yakpa , we push wheel barrow
We hawk market , anything wey they reign we go sell am
Be it , yam, tomatoes anything at all
I even sell roasted corn sef , I sponsored myself to school
But na government school grin no school fees , only P.T.A money which was 200 naira then

At 18 I rented my own room , I don get admission into auchi poly that year
I dey stay off campus , they still push wheel barrow and other hustle

At 22 i don move go lag , rent 2bedroom flat , big boy
I bleep tire cuz my house fine die
Jah bless me i fly out at 24 , I enter Dubai, I only spend one year for Dubai , at 25 I enter Germany but I come back to naija from Dubai first ooo , from Germany I made much bar , I build my own house for Lagos , ikorodu no time

I'm 28 now I dey enjoy my life and my parents too dey flex

That's how I take get correct link to travel , if you want travel out and you get your cash ready just send me mail
I go show you way no time
Any country at all , E clear like vision
Really
Sound concocted but your tribe made me believe the whole thing you guys do anything for money even if it to kill lol
Back to the main issue your last paragraph got me how sure and legit is that traveling stuff
I'll send a pm so you can explain better
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 19, 2020
stevmatt15:

grin grin is trying to tell you it's not a good business
But why don't you say amen to his prayer cheesy grin
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 19, 2020
Dreyton36:

E shock you?
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh broo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin small small now You don vex
You people no go kill person I don lafff tire grin grin

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 19, 2020
MATURELION:
this is what majority of peope don't understand, the other day my mom was yelling at me for something that even my dad did not see as serious (the man is an introvert while my mom is the noise maker) that is when I knew they were tired of my presence, anyways I came home to them because of this virus and since they're disturbing my work from home schedule (via freelance jobs) I have to leave to my place again

Also I have to say being told what to do all the time at this age is somehow honestly especially when you're planning your life daily
Please how many crate of beer should I order for you ,, you made a whole lot of sense

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Mrlucky81(m): 11:23am On Jul 19, 2020
Etinosa1234:
Bad shild
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Albertone(m): 11:30am On Jul 19, 2020
irumanle:
I left my parents house at 18 years of age immediately after my WAEC, it was hell leaving on your own without aid from friends or relatives. Glory be to God I was able to combine hustling with university degree. Though not yet a made man but success seems achievable to me going by my experience about life.
Please how did you combine hustling with schooling?

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Vivianagoja(m): 11:57am On Jul 19, 2020
MATURELION:

Las las we will scale through The hurdle
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by MATURELION: 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Please how many crate of beer should I order for you ,, you made a whole lot of sense
lol just saying what's on my mind, it's not easy being an adult and staying in your parents home cos they'll still see you as a child it's until you move to the real world to face real world challenges that they'll have some level of respect for you
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
MATURELION:
lol just saying what's on my mind, it's not easy being an adult and staying in your parents home cos they'll still see you as a child it's until you move to the real world to face real world challenges that they'll have some level of respect for you
Exactly to be a Man is not easy I stop collecting money from my parents to barb my hair at age 14 to 15 why? when I go to barb I barb what I like not what they like so that disgrace of them sending me back to cut my Obama off back then really baffles me and somehow someway I stopped asking them for money to barb my hair that alone gave me joy and impression that yes am a man
So now back to why I said to be a man ain't easy a immediate family sister came to live with us some time and she's far older than me you won't believe my mom will give her money to plaite her hair and she will plaite whatever she like but for me reverse is the case
I pray all niggars struggling now make it in the end injn✌️

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by SimeonOTC(m): 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
Dreyton36:

E shock you? Na wetin person wish for them they wish for am You came to savagetize me ain't it ? You said you wanna sell yams ain't it? May you sell the yams till u quench
mad mangrin grin

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2020
Dreyton36:

E shock you?
His will be done

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

grin grin is trying to tell you it's not a good business
But why don't you say amen to his prayer cheesy grin
Is he not eating yam? Why is yam not a good business?
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
stevmatt15:

Is he not eating yam? Why is yam not a good business?
The sales is not fast and there's season for it
The market is not every time he's supposed TO explain better to you but you two really create a scene up there I wonder what will happen if you both meet in person grin

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by mendula(m): 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
jawalis:
At 22. That was when I graduated from the college of health. Though I still get stipends from momma but trust me, been independent is damn difficult especially when you have no family members to look after you. Lots of my friends got those uncles and aunties that house, helped in some ways but mine was a different story. Lawd” You’ll understand me better if you have lived for weeks without anyone calling to check on how well you are doing. Hmmm, I practically lived like an orphan in Lagos.
Am not yet made though! Still struggling with life.
don't give up we are on the same page and God has been faithful
Re: At What Age Did You Move Out Of Your Parents House. by Lamanii22(f): 10:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
Etinosa1234:

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Royally Fuccked! / #FearWomenChallenge: You Knew You Were A Hoe When? / Home Wrecker(pt 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.