Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) (6077 Views)

159 Quran Quotes (best Quotes From Every Surah) / (ex) Muslims & Alfas, What Does This Mean? / Are Ex-muslims Ignorant And Confused? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2020
budaatum:

You once used the word, "archetype", so I would expect you'd understand when John says "Jesus is the archetype of Logos", the Logos itself being the proper understanding of the Word of God, be it that from the Bible or Quran or anywhere, which is what enables one to enter Paradise also referred to by some as the Kingdom of God and the Lord's Tabernacle and heaven where those who worship God will dwell.
That's your own opinion, not what Qur'an says.

You've not answered my question at all.

Quote verses from Qur'an to back your answer. That shows you know what you're talking about.

Without any Quranic verse to back your claim, you've not said anything.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by budaatum: 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2020
gensteejay:

That's your own opinion, not what Qur'an says.

You've not answered my question at all.

Quote verses from Qur'an to back your answer. That shows you know what you're talking about.

Without any Quranic verse to back your claim, you've not said anything.
It might indeed not be anything to you, but that is my understanding of my reading of both the Quran, and the Bible, which all Muslims must read for a proper understanding instead of lazily relying on a single verse or hadith or three generations of Muslims and thinking that's it.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2020
budaatum:

It might indeed not be anything to you, but that is my understanding of my reading of both the Quran, and the Bible, which all Muslims must read for a proper understanding instead of lazily relying on a single verse or hadith or three generations of Muslims and thinking that's it.
You understand Qur'an and yet you can't quote a single verse from this book you so much understand to support what you said about Jesus Christ's teachings.

You even said those of us that understand Arabic and know Qur'an well are brainwashed and indoctrinated.

But you that aren't brainwashed don't even understand Arabic language let alone being able to read Qur'an.

Lols.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by iamdannyfc(m): 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2020
budaatum:

Lol. You are the one claiming I'm a sophists, as in, one who uses rhetoric to acquire payment. That is the reason I am grateful you will honor the bill that I will send you for the money you accused me of sophistry making you pay me.

Please add 20% service charge or tip when you pay, and thank you in advance.
I'm not talking about the payment aspect but the approach used in arguement undecided
Anyway, respect!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by budaatum: 7:53pm On Jul 18, 2020
gensteejay:

You understand Qur'an and yet you can't quote a single verse from this book you so much understand to support what you said about Jesus Christ's teachings.

You even said those of us that understand Arabic and know Qur'an well are brainwashed and indoctrinated.

But you that aren't brainwashed don't even understand Arabic language let alone being able to read Qur'an.

Lols.
Those who understand the Quran know those who worship God through Jesus will end up where Allah wills.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2020
budaatum:

Those who understand the Quran know those who worship God through Jesus will end up where Allah wills.
Lols. Allah says his will is to subject them to everlasting torment in hell fire. In almost all chapters of Qur'an, Allah says that clearly there.

Simple statements. No spinning or twisting required.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by budaatum: 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2020
iamdannyfc:

I'm not talking about the payment aspect but the approach used in arguement undecided
Anyway, respect!
The approach of sophistry is to lie for payment and I have enough faith in you to pressume you would not arrive at such a conclussion about me without evidence like the bill I sent you for the payment I demanded from you and which I very patiently gratefully respectfully anticipate receiving from you.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by budaatum: 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2020
gensteejay:

Lols. Allah says his will is to subject them to everlasting torment in hell fire. In almost all chapters of Qur'an, Allah says that clearly there.

Simple statements. No spinning or twisting required.
Chapter and verse! Educate me.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2020
budaatum:

Chapter and verse!
Eternal punishment in hell for unbelievers in Allah is mentioned in almost all chapters in Qur'an.

Hope you know the term, "unbelievers", in Islam means Christians, Jews, pagans, people that neither worship nor believe in Allah, etc.

Few examples of such verses Q.3: 197–198; Q.4: 55–56, and in almost all the other chapters in Qur'an.

Anyone that knows and understands Qur'an won't even be asking about these things, which are basic knowledge in Islam.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by iamdannyfc(m): 8:49pm On Jul 18, 2020
budaatum:

The approach of sophistry is to lie for payment and I have enough faith in you to pressume you would not arrive at such a conclussion about me without evidence like the bill I sent you for the payment I demanded from you and which I very patiently gratefully respectfully anticipate receiving from you.
When i said sophist here,i mean teacher of rhetorics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by budaatum: 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2020
gensteejay:

Hope you know the term, "unbelievers", in Islam means Christians, Jews, pagans, people that neither worship nor believe in Allah, etc.
That's the thing with basic knowledge in anything. Those who have it tend to think they have understanding when in truth they have none. Mostly, they know they have none so they fabricate and lie.

Below is Q.3:198-200 which specifically references Christians as "People of the Scripture" who believe what "was revealed to them":

And indeed, among the People of the Scripture are those who believe in Allah and what was revealed to you and what was revealed to them, [being] humbly submissive to Allah . They do not exchange the verses of Allah for a small price. Those will have their reward with their Lord. Indeed, Allah is swift in account.

But trust you to think that Allah will reward everyone equally as if those are the same people referred to as unbelievers in Q.4: 55–56. And even if they were, Allah can do what pleases Allah, or not, as far as I'm concerned, since nowhere am I asked to punish anyone in hell.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by budaatum: 9:05pm On Jul 18, 2020
iamdannyfc:

When i said sophist here,i mean teacher of rhetorics.
I'm very complimented. Moreso once you've honoured the bill that I've sent you please.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2020
budaatum:

That's the thing with basic knowledge in anything. Those who have it tend to think they have understanding when in truth they have none. Mostly, they know they have none so they fabricate and lie.

Below is Q.3:198-200 which specifically references Christians as "People of the Scripture" who believe what "was revealed to them":

And indeed, among the People of the Scripture are those who believe in Allah and what was revealed to you and what was revealed to them, [being] humbly submissive to Allah . They do not exchange the verses of Allah for a small price. Those will have their reward with their Lord. Indeed, Allah is swift in account.
Are you now among the People of the Scripture? Those referred to as the People of the Scripture in Islam are certain Christians and Jews.

Too much confusion in your post. Pick one side and stick to it.

If you say you're among the People of the Scripture, are you submissive to Allah as that verse requires? Hope you know the term, "Muslim", means a person who is submissive to Allah.

Are you among the People of the Scripture (i.e. Christians and Jews) that submit to Allah?
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by budaatum: 9:30pm On Jul 18, 2020
gensteejay:

Are you now among the People of the Scripture? Those referred to as the People of the Scripture in Islam are certain Christians and Jews.

Too much confusion in your post. Pick one side and stick to it.

If you say you're among the People of the Scripture, are you submissive to Allah as that verse requires. Hope you know the term, "Muslim", means a person who is submissive to Allah.

Are you among the People of the Scripture (i.e. Christians and Jews) that submit to Allah?
It is not about sides nor about whatever you imagine Allah might do to me, but about a proper understanding of simple text!

It says there very clearly "those People of the Scripture who submit to Allah", which you now admit is Christians and Jews, and not unbelievers as you first implied!

But just so we are clear, buda is not a believer, as you can very easily confirm by searching.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 18, 2020
budaatum:

It is not about sides nor about whatever you imagine Allah might do to me, but about a proper understanding of simple text!

It says there very clearly "those People of the Scripture who submit to Allah", which you now admit is Christians and Jews, and not unbelievers as you first implied!

But just so we are clear, buda is not a believer, as you can very easily confirm by searching.
By submitting to Allah, hope know you've now become a Muslim. If in doubt, check the meaning of a Muslim again.

That verse you quoted applies to the People of the Scripture (Christians and Jews) in Muhammad's time that submitted to Allah on listening to the recitation of Qur'an from him and thus converted to Islam from Christianity/Judaism.

Good luck with your Islamic journey.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by budaatum: 12:20am On Jul 19, 2020
gensteejay:

By submitting to Allah, hope know you've now become a Muslim. If in doubt, check the meaning of a Muslim again.

That verse you quoted applies to the People of the Scripture (Christians and Jews) in Muhammad's time that submitted to Allah on listening to the recitation of Qur'an from him and thus converted to Islam from Christianity/Judaism.

That part in bold is a blatant lie! They would not have been described as People with their own separate Scripture if they had converted to become People of the Quran!

And I don't need luck. Allah put a brain in my head and I've learnt how to use it.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by Xmuslim: 2:23am On Jul 19, 2020
gensteejay:

Now you are talking grin. How can you be debating with someone that lack the basics understanding of the religion he's defending. That guy is the real definition of a dumb individual.

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by Xmuslim: 2:26am On Jul 19, 2020
Xmuslim:
By: Hassan Radwan

The human condition is one of continuous struggle and no one is exempt from the emotional ups and downs - whether religious or not.

It's true that many (but not all) who lose their faith go through a difficult period of readjustment, but it is precisely because they were religious! Because (for many) Islam consumed their whole identity, dictating every aspect of life. It created a dependence, much like a drug, which when taken away causes a period of difficulty. That is the fault of religion - not disbelief.

But once one gets through that phase, there is nothing in life better than facing the reality of life with all its joys and sorrows with honesty and clarity. The feeling that all humanity is one Ummah. The increased love, compassion and empathy for the human condition - without all the biases and group think.

I would never swap the indescribable feeling of being true to myself for the false promises of religion - which does not offer the complete peace and joy many Muslims claim.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 19, 2020
budaatum:

And I don't need luck. Allah put a brain in my head and I've learnt how to use it.
Maybe you should first read the history of some Jews and Christians that accepted Islam during Muhammad's time.

Then, you'll see you've been saying nonsense on this thread.

You don't even have basic knowledge of Qur'an or Allah. You don't have basic knowledge of Muhammad's Sunnah or his history.

It's really dumb discussing this way about a book you've not read from the front to the back (the ex-Muslim you're discussing with would have read the whole Qur'an not less than 10 times).

Depending on their age, a typical Muslim that understands Arabic would read the whole Qur'an at least once in a year, especially during Ramadhan.

It's really silly to say such kind of people don't understand Qur'an but you do, yet you don't even understand Arabic and can't even read Qur'an, except merely selecting one or two verses in English here and there to form an uninformed conclusion about a religion you don't have basic knowledge of.

Even Muslims would be laughing at your posts here because you don't even know the basics.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by budaatum: 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
I'm certain those Muslims will point out my nonsense in due time. Your's clearly isn't it.

gensteejay:

Maybe you should first read the history of some Jews and Christians that accepted Islam during Muhammad's time.

Then, you'll see you've been saying nonsense on this thread.

You don't even have basic knowledge of Qur'an or Allah. You don't have basic knowledge of Muhammad's Sunnah or his history.

It's really dumb discussing this way about a book you've not read from the front to the back (the ex-Muslim you're discussing with would have read the whole Qur'an not less than 10 times).

Depending on their age, a typical Muslim that understands Arabic would read the whole Qur'an at least once in a year, especially during Ramadhan.

It's really silly to say such kind of people don't understand Qur'an but you do, yet you don't even understand Arabic and can't even read Qur'an, except merely selecting one or two verses in English here and there to form an uninformed conclusion about a religion you don't have basic knowledge of.

Even Muslims would be laughing at your posts here because you don't even know the basics.

Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 19, 2020
budaatum:
I'm certain those Muslims will point out my nonsense in due time. Your's clearly isn't it.

Better you stop confusing yourself all about, claiming to be among the People of the Scripture (Christians and Jews) in one post, and calling yourself a follower of Jesus Christ in another, and yet in another post, calling yourself a worshipper of Allah. All rolled into one.

Better to choose one side, go back to atheism, or don't pick any one at all.

How can the same person keep jumping ship in a a matter of minutes (from Christianity, to Christ's followership, to Allah's worship)?

Utter confusion.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by budaatum: 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
gensteejay:

Better you stop confusing yourself all about, claiming to be among the People of the Scripture (Christians and Jews) in one post, and calling yourself a follower of Jesus Christ in another, and yet in another post, calling yourself a worshipper of Allah. All rolled into one.

Better to choose one side, go back to atheism, or don't pick any one at all.

How can the same person keep jumping ship in a a matter of minutes (from Christianity, to Christ's followership, to Allah's worship)?

Utter confusion.

You are the one confused because I do not seem to fit into one of your little boxes because your own understanding says everyone must choose one side while forgetting they are humans before anything else. It's due to your religious indoctrination into the ideology of black or white, good or evil, gods or devils, 1 and 0, that everyone must neatly fit in a box, but of course you would not recognise it as such since you do not appear to be one who can see himself, or others for that matter, being one who sees what you think is there instead of actually seeing with your own eyes.

I never called myself any of the things you lie that I called myself! If you lack understanding of what I do say, please ask instead of making crap up in your head and believing it to be true! The only thing buda is is buda, which you'd notice if you really looked. And yes, it does confuse many, especially those who can't really use their own minds to reason like you can't, that buda does not fit in your box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM8JhvfoqdA
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by tintingz(m): 3:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
gensteejay:

You don't even understand Arabic and can't read Qur'an, except merely cherrypicking a handful of quranic verses in English to support your uninformed opinion about a religion you've never practised.

I said that because most of the things you're saying on this thread can only come someone with shallow knowledge about Sharia, Qur'an, and Sunnah.

You can't simply understand Islam like someone like OP that practised (practice against the theoretical knowledge you've) the religion for years or for someone like me that practised it for 30 years before eventually applying tests of logic and scrutiny to it.

You're even a follower (worshipper) of Jesus Christ. Lols and you're commenting about Islam, a religion you've never practised.

You can't even read Qur'an. That's a big joke.

You've no idea about what you've been saying on this thread. It's so glaring.

I'm sure you're merely joking around on this thread.

You don't discuss Islam without citing facts to back your claims from Qur'an and haadith.

You've been merely giving your opinion about Islamic concepts ignorantly. Even Sunni Muslims (Ahlu Sunnah) would laugh at your ignorance on this thread.

Please, stop commenting on a religion you've never practised.

Having practical knowledge about things (especially knowledge of Arabic) is different from merely checking a few things about Islam on Google to argue on Nairaland and cherrypicking few parts from Qur'an to support your ill-informed thoughts about Islam.

No true Muslim cherrypicks few parts of Qur'an and ignore the rest.

You don't even have the aqeedah (creed) required for a (Sunni) Muslim. I guess you need to start from the 6 articles of faith in Islam first because your comments on this thread show you don't even know any of those (hence, your love to cherrypick few parts of Qur'an that appeal to you).

You just said everything I've been trying to tell Budaatum. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by budaatum: 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
tintingz:

You just said everything I've been trying to tell Budaatum. grin
Yes you did. And I'm telling both of you to de-indoctrinate yourselves instead of propounding the religious ignorance that you yourselves ran away from.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 20, 2020
Better to ignore some silly comments.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by budaatum: 11:33am On Jul 20, 2020
Xmuslim:
Some people were made to believe.....
While some actually use their own brains to reason and think for themselves. But it would seem some don't see those brain users and therefore pressume all are "made to believe".

Funny thing is you yourself, despite being made to believe by 3 generations of Muslims, don't believe, and I can't help wonder why you'd believe you are the only non-believer.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by Xmuslim: 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2020
gensteejay:
Better to ignore some silly comments.
now you are talking grin. You don't honour such ignorant fellow with your response

1 Like

Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by AbdulSleeky: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by tintingz(m): 4:56pm On Jul 20, 2020
Xmuslim:

I wish you good luck in your Islamic journey

Budaatum anti-spam bot is banning me and hidden my post. I'm suspecting someone is doing it.

So I won't bother responding, so maybe in another thread.

Xmuslim sorry this isn't for you tho.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by budaatum: 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
tintingz:

Budaatum anti-spam bot is banning me and hidden my post. I'm suspecting someone is doing it.

So I won't bother responding, so maybe in another thread.

Xmuslim sorry this isn't for you tho.
That's a pity. I always love reasoning with you.
Re: Amazing Ex-muslims Quotes (for Sincere Truth Seekers Only) by budaatum: 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2020
AbdulSleeky:
What's troubles me is so few would see the irony she had to read and study a man made book to realise that the religion created from that man made book was man made.

If I read and study on such premises I think I'd call myself stupid and ignorant until I realise I'm in error. But if I didn't realise and were to go so far as to blame a man made book for my own ignorance in understanding, I'd be irresponsible too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Call Sheik Dahiru Bauchi To Order / Muslims Unmask Masquerade In Osogbo / The Importance And Blessings Of Gratitude In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.