Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,276 members, 7,954,091 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:13 PM

Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly (12063 Views)

Frank Mba Proposed As CP Of Ogun State Not Lagos (Official Letter) / Lawmaker, Tijjani Abdulkadir Jobe Beaten By Kano Youths Over Non-Performance / The Moment Jaafar Jaafar Left After Exposing Governor Ganduje At Kano Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by skukimania(f): 8:13am On Jul 16, 2020
TheSourcerer:
does the fear of hell fire stop people from sinning , or the fear of arrest stop people from committing crimes?
Pedophiles and rapists are separate crimes

Because no one knows how hell fire really looks like. No one has really been there and come back after death. Some people don't even believe in it's existence. Were it possible for people to go and feel how things are there, it will definitely be a different story.
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by Iammaxi24(m): 8:18am On Jul 16, 2020
No need of castrating the idiot. Dock him and try him according to law and if found guilty, hang the devil.No need of castrating the idiot. Dock him and try him according to law and if found guilty, hang the devil.No need of castrating the idiot. Dock him and try him according to law and if found guilty, hang the devil.
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by Mummymahdi(f): 8:23am On Jul 16, 2020
Goodman247:
Castration is babaric

Rape Minor, boys, young and old women and even brutally kill d victim is less barbaric ?
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by bolousadex: 8:24am On Jul 16, 2020
What about female rapists?
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by DelphiOracle(m): 8:28am On Jul 16, 2020
What about women who are rapist. What is their punishment?
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by DrLiveLogic(m): 8:28am On Jul 16, 2020
That's savage and animalistic. As inhumane as rape may be, mutilation is more.
Penalties should serve only as deterrents, this goes way beyond that. There are better ways like heavy fines, public disgrace on national television and up to five year jail terms with hard labour. Some men here who are feigning support for this are doing it only to avoid rapist labels or being in women's bad books. Just trying too hard to score cheap points with women.

Mummymahdi:

Rape Minor, boys, young and old women and even brutally kill d victim is less barbaric ?
I'm not saying your son ever will but I hope you will support this if he ever acted that stupid?

skukimania:

Because no one knows how hell fire really looks like. No one has really been there and come back after death. Some people don't even believe in it's existence. Were it possible for people to go and feel how things are there, it will definitely be a different story.
This sounds logical but in many cases reality proves otherwise. There's more that drives people than fear at times. Also, if you support this, not saying he ever will, but I hope you wouldn't bat an eyelid if your child ever acted so barbaric.

newdawn2017:
was d rapist acting civil he igbored d no! command & went ahead force himself on a fellow human being, violating her?? Was that not savagery? U re a rapist urself, u & all who liked ur comment undecided
I'm not the guy you quoted but is mutilation a commensurate penalty? If someone stole money from you, should he necessarily be killed or his hands cut off? Is the penalty I suggested above for rape not good enough?
And also tell please, I know your son may never do such if you bring him up right but tell me if you ever got to hear, that by any chance it was your child, would you support this?
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by TheSourcerer: 8:29am On Jul 16, 2020
skukimania:

true , so why do you believe then? When you said yourself no one has died and come back?
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by TheSourcerer: 8:30am On Jul 16, 2020
deltateam:

Hehehe. That's sharia for you. They go to the extreme.

Steal and have your hand chopped off.
You may be given choice whether you want shortsleeve or long sleeve though.

14 years jail term is enough if it's fully applied.
lol the short sleeve long sleeve part .
14year jail time is indeed Alright.

1 Like

Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by TheSourcerer: 8:31am On Jul 16, 2020
newdawn2017:
was d rapist acting civil he igbored d no! command & went ahead force himself on a fellow human being, violating her?? Was that not savagery? U re a rapist urself, u & all who liked ur comment undecided
yes we are .
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by CorperKola: 8:33am On Jul 16, 2020
Mightymanna:

Are u one of them?
Cuz I know for sure the rapist that rapes and killed innocent girls are more than savages
i hope you are accused of rape falsely in kano state.
what a stupid comment
we shouldnt become monsters ourselves because we are trying to get rid of monsters
bloody primitive Africans!!
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by Thetruthalways: 8:35am On Jul 16, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Unacceptable ! We are not savages , we are a civil society.
Btw dedicate this ftc to all Sin loving Atheists and gore lovers
So as rape...its unacceptable too..
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by Thetruthalways: 8:38am On Jul 16, 2020
SmartProf:
As much as I condemn rape, from my medical knowledge, castration won't stop male rapists from having an erection nor stop their sexual urge, it may only stop the production of sperm cells. I want to also know what will be done on female rapists? I hope they are considering the removal of ovaries (oophorectomy/ovariectomy), or bilateral tubal ligation...Then for corruption, especially stuffing of dollars in babriga, I think the culprits' hands should be amputated so that he or she will not be able to count and stuff future stollen dollars.
You really lack that medical knowledge on rape...get someone to educate you...
We are talking of people raping and killing girls, some of which are underage you must still find a way and attach politics to it...
Are you a rapist?...why are you of much concerned?

1 Like

Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by skukimania(f): 8:39am On Jul 16, 2020
TheSourcerer:
true , so why do you believe then? When you said yourself no one has died and come back?

Believing or not is a personal choice! But are we now talking about hell-fire or rapist? Was that not just an analogy used by you to support your view?
I don't understand you again oh!
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by Thetruthalways: 8:39am On Jul 16, 2020
light099:

It's both impressive and ironic this comment is coming from you.
There still seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel eventually.
Let's just hope it's a real light and not a mere reflection.

Always make your research before making authoritative statement about things you don't know so much about.

Seems you've mistaken vasectomy for castration.
Help me tell him...some people will sound as if they are intelligent, when they conclude their statement, one will find out that they are just stupid
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by CorperKola: 8:39am On Jul 16, 2020
when i said women have the power to make people emotional and unreasonable someone said i was being ridiculous i'm very sure that law will be silent about female offenders! in interactions between the sexes, women will now have even more power one accusation can lead you to lose your balls now God have mercy!!
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by TheSourcerer: 8:40am On Jul 16, 2020
skukimania:

Believing or not is a personal choice! But are we now talking about hell-fire or rapist? Was that not just an analogy used by you to support your view?
I don't understand you again oh!
typical smiley
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by skukimania(f): 8:41am On Jul 16, 2020
DrLiveLogic:
That's savage and animalistic. As inhumane as rape may be, mutilation is more.
Penalties should serve only as deterrents, this goes way beyond that. There are better ways like heavy fines, public disgrace on national television and up to five year jail terms with hard labour. Some men here who are supporting this are doing it only to avoid bad labels or being in women's bad books.

I'm not saying your son ever will but I hope you will support this if he ever acted that stupid?

This sounds logical but in many cases reality proves otherwise. There's more that drives people than fear at times. Also, if you support this, not saying he ever will, but I hope you wouldn't bat an eyelid if your child ever acted so barbaric.

Train a child in the way he should follow....
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by skukimania(f): 8:43am On Jul 16, 2020
TheSourcerer:
typical smiley

What do you mean by typical? How is your question related to the primary subject of argument?
Somehow undecided
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by TheSourcerer: 8:46am On Jul 16, 2020
skukimania:

What do you mean by typical? How is your question related to the primary subject of argument?
Somehow undecided
That's the thing im not in an argument , or want to be in one smiley
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 16, 2020
how do they carry out the castration if a woman rapes a man
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by CorperKola: 8:50am On Jul 16, 2020
Thetruthalways:

You really lack that medical knowledge on rape...get someone to educate you...
We are talking of people raping and killing girls, some of which are underage you must still find a way and attach politics to it...
Are you a rapist?...why are you of much concerned?
this is the height of stupidity
for instance, none of my female acquitances was raped, but when there was a protest against rape, i joined thousands of other well meaning people to protest against rape. if you dont have to be rape victim to protest against rape, surely you dont have to be a rapist to protest animalistic laws by lawmakers relating to rape
like i said,
I am very sure that law will be silent when it comes to female offenders.
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by Mftivi: 9:08am On Jul 16, 2020
One0Random0Girl:
Lmao! This news dey sweet me well well. I have a couple more ideas and they are free to try any of them!

Castrate them (the whole sexual organ and not just the testicles).

Burn their tongue with a very hot iron.

Roll their body on a floor filled with iron spikes.

Make them eat gravel and drink their own urine.

Pay no need to their cries. And, laugh at their sorrows, for they do not deserve to be called (wo)men.

(No need to tell me, I know my method of torture might not be effective enough. It's because of my kind and tender heart.)
How come you omitted the punishment for females offenders ?

1 Like

Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by kingthreat(m): 9:09am On Jul 16, 2020
azraeljaheel:

The rapist don't they know we live in a civil society? undecided Until one of yours is raped
Untill one of yours is accused of rape
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by DrLiveLogic(m): 9:10am On Jul 16, 2020
skukimania:

You should learn to answer questions logically. I clearly said your child may not ever do it. He may be properly trained and all but in the event it happens, will you support mutilation?
I intentionally asked that to get to your heart, and show human hypocrisy. Now answer again, will you support mutilation if it ever was your child involved, (though it may never be)?
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by j1mmy: 9:10am On Jul 16, 2020
Good idea - One of the best things I ever heard from a useless region like Northern Nigeria
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by femmoy(m): 9:27am On Jul 16, 2020
inoki247:

Lol nope Enoch steal ur Girlfriend abi wetin e du nd av neva stayed in Surulere before... shocked shocked

lol,no he didn't. He's my couz bt we lost contacts a long time ago.
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by CorperKola: 9:30am On Jul 16, 2020
skukimania:

well, like someone recently said to me all other laws can be applied in error, someone can be mistakenly sentenced to prison, or to death
no law is perfect, and no application of any law is 100% perfect
the legal system is a human invention reflecting human flaws and errors.
So invariably there will be people mistakenly sent to prison for all crimes
why should rape be any different?
that means including rape!

Now going further from that line of argument
All your well raised son needs to be facing a real prospect of losing his masculinity(literally) hehe,
is an allegation,and subsequent prosecution(no matter how frivolous) and highly likely undwr this climate.
and if he is unlucky enough ,he could even be among the "privileged few" to be invariably wrongfully convicted by the system
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by Enemyofpeace: 9:42am On Jul 16, 2020
Supported hole earthedly. Vickyrotex abi kini mo wi?
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by Enemyofpeace: 9:43am On Jul 16, 2020
j1mmy:
Good idea - One of the best things I ever heard from a useless region like Northern Nigeria
they are very good at that kind of crazy thing
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by lookingfly: 9:49am On Jul 16, 2020
What's the punishment for a female rapist, spaying I guess? False rape accusations should be punishable too.
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by Allisonstvs(m): 10:07am On Jul 16, 2020
Castrating them is not an issue here, but the main issue here castrating wrong accused victims, some women will are devilish to set people up.
Re: Castration Proposed As Punishment For Rapists By Kano Assembly by angelfallz(m): 10:13am On Jul 16, 2020
skukimania:

Well, since they are so determined; we shouldn't feel sorry for them when they are facing the consequences of their actions. Should we?

You're mistaken. It's not about feeling sorry for them.

Punishment would not discourage future criminals.
That's why I have the example of Saudi Arabia and Malaysia.

I think I have to modify my earlier comment, because the word "determined" gives the context a different meaning, which is not my intention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

John Oyegun Meets With APC House Of Reps Member In Abuja (Photos) / NASS Puts Lagos-Ibadan Road Reconstruction On Hold, Dumps N135bn Request / Tribune Reporter's Confusion Over Identity Of Tinubu's Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.