Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam (3697 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Christianity Was Created Out Of FEAR (picture) / Mosaic Floors From 1500-Yr-Old Lost Church Of The Apostles Found In Israel (Pics / Hidden History: Christianity Was Spread By The Sword (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by CodeTemplar: 7:29pm On Aug 28, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
1,200-Year Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There 'Before Islam Came'
Michael Foust | Christian Headlines.com Contributor | Tuesday, July 14, 2020
University of Baltistan Skardu, 1,200 year old marble cross is found in Pakistan

Photo courtesy: ©University of Baltistan Skardu

A giant cross estimated to be at least 1,200 years old has been discovered in the mountains of Pakistan and could include hints of Christianity’s early presence there.

The marble rock cross, weighing three to four tons and spanning seven feet from top to bottom, was found by a team from the University of Baltistan, Skardu in the Himalayan mountains near Baltistan, according to Union of Catholic Asian News.

Researchers discussed the findings at a press conference in mid-June.

Bordered by Afghanistan, Iran, India and China, Pakistan is a majority Muslim country, with more than 96 percent of its citizens practicing Islam.

Caritas Pakistan, a Catholic organization, celebrated the find.

“It is indeed great news for all of us that an ancient cross was found in Skardu,” said Mansha Noor, executive director of Caritas Pakistan. “It shows that Christianity existed in this area and there must be a church and houses of Christians. There are currently no Christian families in that area, but they were once present.

“I request the authorities invite international historians to find out more about the accurate history of the cross.”

Christians in Pakistan frequently face persecution for their faith. Byzantine history expert Béatrice Caseau told Barnabus Fund the cross could be evidence that Middle East merchants brought the gospel to the region.

"Even if we lack the sources to know with certainty where they passed, we know that Christians from the Persian world, using the Syriac language, came to the Indus region between the fifth and eighth centuries, until the arrival of Islam,” Caseau said.

One Pakistani Christian leader told Barnabus Fund, “Praise the Lord, this makes me very joyful. It will be a great encouragement to Christians in Pakistan to show that our faith was here many, many generations ago, before Islam came. This is amazing news! I am looking forward to what the research outcome will reveal about Christianity in Pakistan.”

Source
It explains why they were infatuated with Christians.
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by OtemAtum: 7:42pm On Aug 28, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Your 'book' and the big bang theory are both imaginations of the fertile mind of sinful man.
You call it imagination because you can't comprehend it. The cavemen who wrote the bible can't comprehend it either. But the fact that you can't comprehend it doesn't erase the fact that it is the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY which reveals when God Almighty first brought religious gods like Allah, Jehovah, Atum, Olorun etc into conscious existence.

1 Like

Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
CodeTemplar:

It explains why they were infatuated with Christians.

How were Muslims 'infatuated' with Christians? undecided
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:56pm On Aug 29, 2020
OtemAtum:

You call it imagination because you can't comprehend it. The cavemen who wrote the bible can't comprehend it either. But the fact that you can't comprehend it doesn't erase the fact that it is the BOOK OF UNIVERSAL HISTORY which reveals when God Almighty first brought religious gods like Allah, Jehovah, Atum, Olorun etc into conscious existence.

How do you comprehend what you cannot explain? If you cannot explain how the Creator created the universe(s) according to your fairy tale book why would you expect me to comprehend it? I understand, comprehend and can explain who created, what was created, when it was created, why it was created, how it was created and how long it took to be created because the Creator recorded it in His manual we call the Bible unlike you who find it difficult to explain how it was created according to your mythical book. cool
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by CodeTemplar: 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

How were Muslims 'infatuated' with Christians? undecided
By constantly referring to Christians and ignoring the 6,000 other religions. Only a carnal most and could have made such grave error.
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
CodeTemplar:

By constantly referring to Christians and ignoring the 6,000 other religions. Only a carnal most and could have made such grave error.

Most false religions and cults use Christianity as a prop to build their own religion. Islam and JW such as Maximus69 comes to mind. JW witnesses will deny that Jesus hung on a cross and build their cult on that heretical teaching. Same is how OtemAtum trying to build his fallacy on the back of Christianity and the Bible. I wonder why they cannot stand on their own without referring to Christianity.
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
The write-up below sums up what I have been trying to say.

When you look at the quran from a Christian standpoint, it seems something took Muhammad over to try and produce something similar to the Bible, with names of biblical characters in order to muddy up the water and bring about confusion on a grand scale.

A friend of mine, Dr Rockeybell Adatura, a former staunch Muslim now Christian, wrote several well researched books which give credence to this line of thought.

For instance in his book titled: The Quranic vs The Biblical Jesus, he wrote:

'The Jesus presented in the quran has a mother also named Mariam (Mary).
But this Mariam was the sister of Aaron, and was the daughter of Imran, and was entrusted to the care of Zakariya.

History tells us there was a Mary (or Mariam) in the Old Testament, more than one thousand six hundred years before the birth of Jesus Christ.
This Mary (or Mariam) was indeed the sister of Aaron in the book of Exodus.
And Aaron was the brother of Moses in the Old Testament.

Since Mariam lived about a thousand six hundred years before the Mariam or Mary of the New Testament, who was the mother of Jesus, we can then safely conclude that the Jesus mentioned in the Qu'ran is not the same Jesus presented in the New Testament.

Furthermore, the Mary of the New Testament was not given to Zakariya's care, as the Quranic Mary was.
The Zakariya in the Bible was the husband of Elizabeth the mother of John the Baptist.
This shows that the Quranic Jesus is a counterfeit of Jesus of the Bible.
Counterfeits have similarities of the genuine ones.
Only a careful examination will reveal the falsehood embedded in the similarities.

Thus a careful scrutiny of the facts presented in the quran and in the Bible, exposes the false Jesus of the quran.
This false Jesus of the quran is the one Paul the Apostle refers to as "another Jesus" and not the true Jesus.
The quran agrees to everything about Christ, which has nothing to do with the salvation of the muslim.

His miraculous birth.
Some miracles He performed.
But the crucial part to do with the salvation of mankind, the quran denied.
Things like the fact that He is the Son of God. The fact that He is also God.
The fact that He died on the cross to pay for our sins.
The fact that He rose on the third day.
All these were denied by the quran.

This is why we must always read the small print.
Praise God

Copied and edited.
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by Janosky: 4:05pm On Aug 29, 2020
Emusan:

Which idol they used to worship with Cross in Pakistan about 1,200 years ago?

Cross have ZERO connection to Christianity practiced by Jesus Christ and his followers.
It's a pagan contraption adopted by Christendom

2 Likes

Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by OtemAtum: 4:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Most false religions and cults use Christianity as a prop to build their own religion. Islam and JW such as Maximus69 comes to mind. JW witnesses will deny that Jesus hung on a cross and build their cult on that heretical teaching. Same is how OtemAtum trying to build his fallacy on the back of Christianity and the Bible. I wonder why they cannot stand on their own without referring to Christianity.

You are wrong. I am not building anything on anything. Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Judaism, Jainism, Zoroastrianism, Confucianism, ATR etc all featured in the Book of Universal History. So stop being paranoia.

1 Like

Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:56pm On Aug 29, 2020
OtemAtum:

You are wrong. I am not building anything on anything. Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Judaism, Jainism, Zoroastrianism, Confucianism, ATR etc all featured in the Book of Universal History. So stop being paranoia.

Are you able to speak about your religion without mentioning biblical characters? undecided
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by Janosky: 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Cursed is Anyone Hung on a Tree

Deuteronomy 21:21-23
22If a man has committed a sin worthy of death, and he is executed, and you hang his body on a tree, 23you must not leave the body on the tree overnight, but you must be sure to bury him that day, because anyone who is hung on a tree is under God’s curse. You must not defile the land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance.

WAYO man, Deuteronomy 21:21-23 did the Jews ever execute criminals on a Cross?

[b]Wetin concern cross with Hebrew 6086 ?

WAYO man worshipping idols, Acts5:30 referenced Deuteronomy 21:21-23.
Acts5:30, the Complete Jewish Bible is most authentic rendition. Tree= Stake..
Cross na FRAUD
grin

[b]Make I ask our elders born before the 1970's, Even here in Nigeria, have you ever seen any criminal executed on a Cross?

Oyenusi ,Anini etc na cross the Govt execute them?
Cross is a pagan contraption of idol worshippers
grin grin

Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2020
Janosky:

Cursed is Anyone Hung on a Tree

Deuteronomy 21:21-23
22If a man has committed a sin worthy of death, and he is executed, and you hang his body on a tree, 23you must not leave the body on the tree overnight, but you must be sure to bury him that day, because anyone who is hung on a tree is under God’s curse. You must not defile the land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance.

WAYO man, Deuteronomy 21:21-23 did the Jews ever execute criminals on a Cross?

[b]Wetin concern cross with Hebrew 6086 ?

WAYO man worshipping idols, Acts5:30 referenced Deuteronomy 21:21-23.
Acts5:30, the Complete Jewish Bible is most authentic rendition. Tree= Stake..
Cross na FRAUD
grin

[b]Make I ask our elders born before the 1970's, Even here in Nigeria, have you ever seen any criminal executed on a Cross?

Oyenusi ,Anini etc na cross the Govt execute them?
Cross is a pagan contraption of idol worshippers
grin grin

Satan got this group into believing another gospel and preaches another Jesus who did not die on the cross. The way of the Cross leads home.
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by Janosky: 2:38am On Aug 30, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Satan got this group into believing another gospel and preaches another Jesus who did not die on the cross. The way of the Cross leads home.

Deuteronomy 21:21-23,Acts 5:30 Complete Jewish Bible,
Jesus was hanged on a stake according to the custom & practice of the Jews.

For instance,Esther 7:10
"So they impaled Haman on the pole he had set up for Mordecai"
Upright pole = Stake
grin

Your Triune pagan IDOLS goes hand in hand with the cross, a pagan contraption, not Jesus Christ of the holy Bible. grin

Exodus 20:3-5,That cross symbol in your Church confirmed your status as IDOL WORSHIPPERS.

No man made pagan contraption can save you , continue to console yourself
grin
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by Nobody: 4:22am On Aug 30, 2020
But the so called cross belongs to the Roman Catholic Church! undecided

So do you now believe that the Roman Catholic Church is the Christianity your daddy GO Kumuyi turned his back on?
Are you willing to accept the truth and join the Roman Catholic Church? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by OtemAtum: 5:32am On Aug 30, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Are you able to speak about your religion without mentioning biblical characters? undecided
I don't do religion. I also mention characters from popular religions because many people in the world are currently following these wrong popular religions and I am here to depopulate them, that's why I mention them. It's logical. Assuming the two popular religions in Nigeria are Jainism and Confucianism, I would have mentioned them more too. It's common sense.

2 Likes

Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by Emusan(m): 7:38am On Aug 30, 2020
Janosky:

Cross have ZERO connection to Christianity practiced by Jesus Christ and his followers.
It's a pagan contraption adopted by Christendom

Yet your idolatry leader and organization used CROSS for many years when your created god even started the demonic organization with him.

1 Like

Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 30, 2020
Emusan:

Yet your idolatry leader and organization used CROSS for many years when your created god even started the demonic organization with him.
Sinner simply means 'one who is prone to error' therefore a repentant sinner becomes God's child when he realize his blunder and made a u-turn.
The Organization have always quoted Proverbs 4:18 to remind all members that we began from the scratch when all the religious groups claiming Christian on planet earth have gone off course! smiley

So they made mistakes back then and we are making amendments gradually till today, that's why we are improving while all you TRINITARIANS keep arguing, abusing, insulting and even cursing one another! cheesy

Go and try to reconcile your beliefs with any of your cohorts, then you'll realize how PEACE will reign between you and your TRINITY adherents! cheesy
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by orisa37: 8:45am On Aug 30, 2020
Good Post. Well done.
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by orisa37: 8:52am On Aug 30, 2020
We will soon find a COMMEMORATIVE PLATE IN ILE-IFE THAT ODUDUWA IS TRULY A NEPHILIM.
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by ublight: 9:51am On Aug 30, 2020
Maximus69:
But the so called cross belongs to the Roman Catholic Church! undecided

So do you now believe that the Roman Catholic Church is the Christianity your daddy GO Kumuyi turned his back on?
Are you willing to accept the truth and join the Roman Catholic Church? undecided

typical of a JW fellow. Always choosing a lesser battle. A batlle he wants to shine. Instead of addressing the otematum u are catching cruise with stake and cross

1 Like

Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by Emusan(m): 3:52pm On Aug 30, 2020
Maximus69:
Sinner simply means 'one who is prone to error' therefore a repentant sinner becomes God's child when he realize his blunder and made a u-turn.
The Organization have always quoted Proverbs 4:18 to remind all members that we began from the scratch when all the religious groups claiming Christian on planet earth have gone off course! smiley

The ability to motivate yourself on self destruction is what makes you jump from thread to thread.

So they made mistakes back then and we are making amendments gradually till today,

What happened to those who died in these mistakes (plural)?

Why would Jehovah allow someone who made mistakes part of His Son's heavenly call?

that's why we are improving while all you TRINITARIANS keep arguing, abusing, insulting and even cursing one another! cheesy

Trinitarian is your nightmares, keep feasting on it.

[s]Go and try to reconcile your beliefs with any of your cohorts, then you'll realize how PEACE will reign between you and your TRINITY adherents! cheesy[/s]

To the bin!

1 Like

Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:54am On Aug 31, 2020
OtemAtum:

I don't do religion. I also mention characters from popular religions because many people in the world are currently following these wrong popular religions and I am here to depopulate them, that's why I mention them. It's logical. Assuming the two popular religions in Nigeria are Jainism and Confucianism, I would have mentioned them more too. It's common sense.

Then do your New Age practice without using biblical characters to authenticate your fairytales. smiley
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by OtemAtum: 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Then do your New Age practice without using biblical characters to authenticate your fairytales. smiley
You keep on going back and forth. I'm born to resist religion by revralling true history. So there's no way I won't mention religion while I carry on my mission. That will be mission impossible.
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:45pm On Aug 31, 2020
OtemAtum:

You keep on going back and forth. I'm born to resist religion by revralling true history. So there's no way I won't mention religion while I carry on my mission. That will be mission impossible.

Your 'true history' has no foundation and that qualifies it to be a fairytale just as the 'evolution theory'. Neither of you can give an account of the ultimate cause of the universe nor can you say how life originated.
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by Janosky: 8:35pm On Aug 31, 2020
Emusan:

False claim. grin Mr LIENUS grin grin
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by Janosky: 8:37pm On Aug 31, 2020
Emusan:

The ability to motivate yourself on self destruction is what makes you jump from thread to thread.

Why would Jehovah allow someone who made mistakes part of His Son's heavenly call?

Trinitarian is your nightmares, keep feasting on it.

To the bin!

Peter deny Jesus Christ three times, Bros, go and remove his name from the crown of life, Mr LIENUS

1 Like

Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by OtemAtum: 8:40pm On Aug 31, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Your 'true history' has no foundation and that qualifies it to be a fairytale just as the 'evolution theory'. Neither of you can give an account of the ultimate cause of the universe nor can you say how life originated.
a history of billions of years back with evidences of the existence of the people and places mentioned, as well as agreeing with logic and common sense is said to have no foundation by one deeperlifer who doesn't know more than what his pastor is teaching him from the book of the jews. Lol. Kontinu. undecided

1 Like

Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 31, 2020
ublight:

typical of a JW fellow. Always choosing a lesser battle. A batlle he wants to shine. Instead of addressing the otematum u are catching cruise with stake and cross

The truth doesn't form hypocritical alliance!

If the cross found 1,200 year ago is a sign of Christianity, then OLAADEGBU need to apologise to the Catholics because it's them that were going about fighting wars using cross back then! smiley
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 31, 2020
ARGUMENTATIVE Emusan! cheesy
My original post remains intact for honest hearted followers to read Sir! cheesy
Emusan:

Why would Jehovah allow someone who made mistakes part of His Son's heavenly call?Trinitarian is your nightmares, keep feasting on it.
To the bin!
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by Emusan(m): 10:03pm On Aug 31, 2020
Janosky:

Peter deny Jesus Christ three times, Bros, go and remove his name from the crown of life, Mr LIENUS

But Peter didn't die in his disbelieve, does he?

The Accolade and lying liar JWs
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 31, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
1,200-Year Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There 'Before Islam Came'
Michael Foust | Christian Headlines.com Contributor | Tuesday, July 14, 2020
University of Baltistan Skardu, 1,200 year old marble cross is found in Pakistan

Photo courtesy: ©University of Baltistan Skardu

A giant cross estimated to be at least 1,200 years old has been discovered in the mountains of Pakistan and could include hints of Christianity’s early presence there.

The marble rock cross, weighing three to four tons and spanning seven feet from top to bottom, was found by a team from the University of Baltistan, Skardu in the Himalayan mountains near Baltistan, according to Union of Catholic Asian News.

Researchers discussed the findings at a press conference in mid-June.

Bordered by Afghanistan, Iran, India and China, Pakistan is a majority Muslim country, with more than 96 percent of its citizens practicing Islam.

Caritas Pakistan, a Catholic organization, celebrated the find.

“It is indeed great news for all of us that an ancient cross was found in Skardu,” said Mansha Noor, executive director of Caritas Pakistan. “It shows that Christianity existed in this area and there must be a church and houses of Christians. There are currently no Christian families in that area, but they were once present.

“I request the authorities invite international historians to find out more about the accurate history of the cross.”

Christians in Pakistan frequently face persecution for their faith. Byzantine history expert Béatrice Caseau told Barnabus Fund the cross could be evidence that Middle East merchants brought the gospel to the region.

"Even if we lack the sources to know with certainty where they passed, we know that Christians from the Persian world, using the Syriac language, came to the Indus region between the fifth and eighth centuries, until the arrival of Islam,” Caseau said.

One Pakistani Christian leader told Barnabus Fund, “Praise the Lord, this makes me very joyful. It will be a great encouragement to Christians in Pakistan to show that our faith was here many, many generations ago, before Islam came. This is amazing news! I am looking forward to what the research outcome will reveal about Christianity in Pakistan.”

Source

abi it's that cross that Moses ordered the Israelites, if they wanted to get healed. The cross that had the snake on it
Re: 1,200 Yr Old Cross Found In Pakistan Implies Christianity Was There Before Islam by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:23pm On Sep 03, 2020
Historical Problems With Islam's View Of Jesus' Crucifixion

https://reasonsforjesus.com/historical-problems-with-islams-view-of-jesus-crucifixion/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

⚫⚫God Forgives Sins We Will Ever Do Throughout The Believers Eternity / Black Jesus / Marquee Tent For Your Worship Centers(your Worship Center Problem Solved).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.