Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job (67100 Views)

I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / I Earn £50 As A Naked Cleaner - British Lady / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by superjaks(m): 5:12pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:
it's stressful, exhausting...not what I really love/want to be doing

My boss dosent like me...I can perceive my colleague see me as incompetent hence I don't have their respect

But then it pay this bills...that's the only motivation for me

I feel it shouldn't be that way...it should be more than money

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud

What makes me think that you're a field maintenance engineer, lots of guys I've met there don't like the job at all

1 Like

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by babyfaceafrica: 5:12pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

This is how you know intelligent people...they ask the right questions

so you know when you are employed to do A....that you know and love so much
and you get the Job, and you only get to do doing very little of the A and B-M

That's my plight
that is the gimmich some ploywrs use.. Employ you for Borno job, give you Lagos workload
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by payloader(m): 5:12pm On Jul 28, 2020
Gee I did painting job in an oil company for N150,000 for over a year and six months. The contract was terminated due to unforseen circumstances and I'm still wishing the job was still there. NB: I never was a painter by profession but I had to love the job because it paid my bills
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by youngestgrad(m): 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
Really most commenters on this thread are commenting from a poverty mentality. In sane climes, he won't even come out to ask before he resigns. Personal joy and fulfilment is superior and should be placed over any job.
Well we are not in a same environment unfortunately.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Bruno3000(m): 5:14pm On Jul 28, 2020
[quote author=engrrichie92 post=92141175][/quote]Don't mind him, I will deal with him at work tomorrow.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by drnoel: 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

My boss dosent like me...I can perceive my colleague see me as incompetent hence I don't have their respect

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud

Sounds like u work outside Nigeria
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2020
ursullalinda:
This life no balance.......some have food but cannot eat.......some can eat but have no food......smh
hm but life is not all about eating and drinking.if nigeria was a country in which things work then ppl wont be talking about food or how to get food since food will be in abundance and cheap.but unfortunately this aint so.Its very normal for op to feel job disatisfaction even if he"s earning six figures.Doing what you love best is what counts.There are some ppl who love to write as a career but since they dont have enough capital or customers to it they start a job they might not like and while they doing the job they still do their writing by the side and when their feet is steady in their writing career they resign from their lucrative jobs.Most popular and successful writers if u check their biography they had other jobs before they went full time into writing.

1 Like

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Lexusgs430: 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2020
emmaella:
bottom power or what?

Umidigi Power......... grin
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by skylarr: 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2020
angry OP, better don't allow village people get the better of you. Just thinking out loud .
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Doncorleoney2k: 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2020
I understand that feeling bro, but here is my advice for you.
Your salary is a good one considering the clime we find ourselves, so save enough money and venture into something new after experimenting with it first before exiting your current job. You deserve to be happy.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by tunary(m): 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2020
Na you sabi o.

people are desperately in need of a job you say you don't like your own that even pay very high salary.

Handover to another person then
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by millionboi2: 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2020
Ahmed0336:
Job description please.
hahaha
What if na Kidnapin informant
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by jaxxy(m): 5:18pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud

Work place isn’t exactly a social club where u must make frnds. It’s primarily where u go to offer ur service or duty and get paid.

If u not have a social life in ur office which isn’t a sin u can have it outside ur office and still be fine.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Abbeylanre15(m): 5:18pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud

This life no balance for real

Please tell me the your office address n ur designation for me to apply in advance stating your position gangan
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud

Oga respect does not pay bills . Respect is just a feeling , forget about that stupid thing that has no cost. Right now over #5m people have applied for a 30k npower job and here you're with a whopping 300k for only you and you're busy talking about respect? Who respect epp. The test shows that you're mad and I command you to receive sense. Anyway, if you feel you can secure a job outside, I still think you should do that first before resigning. We don't want to hear in few months: Don't look me down o , I was once earning 300k/month

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Anonimoss: 5:19pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

funny

because I am the only person in this world that earns over 300K and hates his Job
cheesy
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by davooomat(m): 5:20pm On Jul 28, 2020
I think I love that Job of yours, just tell them you've someone who is fit and can replace you
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by winkmart: 5:20pm On Jul 28, 2020
Hmmm.

Your sanity matters most
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by pocohantas(f): 5:21pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

This is how you know intelligent people...they ask the right questions

so you know when you are employed to do A....that you know and love so much
and you get the Job, and you only get to do doing very little of the A and B-M. That's my plight

I could relate to your situation. Thank God I left my toxic boss and his unit grin. It is a very common situation in some private organizations. They employ you to do one and tell you to do another. That you feel unfulfilled is a good sign, some people love to earn their pay and do things that aids their career growth.

If it is what you can learn, maybe you should try learning it, just free yourself. I get that you are angry- but you need to free yourself and give it a shot. You might end up enjoying the extra job function. If you don’t, just know it is tough out there. You can start applying for other jobs, make person no become online ED, like zmpp.

I wish you the best, Richie.

3 Likes

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by tunary(m): 5:21pm On Jul 28, 2020
Upaka:

Hello, is there any vacancy for an Admin Officer or a Receptionist in your organization?
Upaka
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by halogate: 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2020
undecided undecided...ur 1 month salary is my 1 year salary , and u are Complaining abt love?

..oya come let's exchange nah. Iv not even being paid since March, and we are in heading to August.

Nna....no make me vex this evening ooh
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by SmartyPants(m): 5:26pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

funny

because I am the only person in this world that earns over 300K and hates his Job

lol....

but then you have added a clue that you are an engineer

your name indicates that yo might be Richard and about 27

that your colleagues perceive you as incompetent

that your skillset is rare

all of these will be instantly suspicious to someone from your professional environment

2 Likes

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Klass99(f): 5:26pm On Jul 28, 2020
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Jez9(m): 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2020
Pls find out what created you to be in life, it might be that you are not in your God given purpose for your life.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Grateful02(m): 5:28pm On Jul 28, 2020
Man wey sabi
berryace007:

Resign and connect me with your boss grin
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Jaapu: 5:28pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud

You are my boss.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by bigjj: 5:28pm On Jul 28, 2020
Lowered your ego until you have another good alternative.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by berryace007: 5:29pm On Jul 28, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

THROUGH HIM, you'll also be hated by his boss.
Bro forget. If the boss like make e hate me who cares as long as am making money.

2 Likes

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by berryace007: 5:29pm On Jul 28, 2020
Grateful02:
Man wey sabi
You get am

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Exodora: 5:30pm On Jul 28, 2020
Orubebe01:
Don't rush to resign. Make sure you get a better place before doing so or you endure it for a while, save substantial amount of money and become self employed.

How is he even sure that he will be liked even if he finds another place.
His he gay why does he want his boss's love bikonu.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Jaapu: 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2020
babakb:
Fvck love, for almost 10 years now I have been working where I don't like but I can't afford to resign because I have to pay my bills.

Oga, you no get option that nah why.

1 Like

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by sam1919: 5:32pm On Jul 28, 2020
Quit your job and start doing YAHOO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) / Abba Kyari & His Ranks From SP, CSP, ACP To Deputy Commissioner Of Police / See How Most Nigerian Workers Survive Monthly (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.