Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job (67043 Views)

I Earn N1.2M Monthly And I Recently Got A Visa, Should I Japa or stay / I Earn £50 As A Naked Cleaner - British Lady / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by KureS: 5:34pm On Jul 28, 2020
Guy use ya head,don't die of hunger in the process of looking for love/happiness....
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by 9japhoenix: 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2020
Na bank work?
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by GboyegaD(m): 5:37pm On Jul 28, 2020
Klass99:

What happened at the end? Did you stay or leave? Did HR take action on documented issues or not? Were you reassigned to another unit?

At a point, I reported at HR at the advice of my group Head thinking he held the ace and pronto, HR changed my unit. Next I knew, my Unit Head was at HR and was told she can't meet with the Head of HR till 2pm. My Group Head came, ranted and threatened that I will be fired. Told my Divisional Director he was only managing me and that one told me that he also can manage me. Guess what, following year, I won an award and became the superstar I ought to be.

I later left the organization after another two years for graduate studies as that had always been on my mind.

2 Likes

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by mechanics(m): 5:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
Akhigbeblog:
Make some good savings first
Yes o.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Codes151(m): 5:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:
it's stressful, exhausting...not what I really love/want to be doing

My boss dosent like me...I can perceive my colleague see me as incompetent hence I don't have their respect

But then it pay this bills...that's the only motivation for me

I feel it shouldn't be that way...it should be more than money

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud
when you resign, what next?
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Dayonsky(m): 5:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
When you tell us the full gist we will advise accordingly.

i see no reason why your boss and colleagues will hate you at the same time except if you are lazy or complains or give excuses too much and dont meet up as expected if not why will your boss hate you and love others. Bros there is something you are not telling us ooo.....You better brace up and face reality

1 Like

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by richie240: 5:41pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

My boss dosent like me...I can perceive my colleague see me as incompetent hence I don't have their respect

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud
Guy, I know exactly how u feel.
i've bn on dt road b4, with a very fat pay (6 figures) as a teacher.

I got so exasperated dt my 'happy days' were d days I receive alert and 3-4 days after dt. It was a real battle for my sanity. Las-las, I left sha, though my input were really missed.

On my own now with a lesser pay but with a lot of joy.

I'll just advice u to try hol small something b4 u take d plunge.

#He_who_knows_it_feels_it!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Shimran(m): 5:41pm On Jul 28, 2020
Karlifate:
Instead of you to quote that berryace moniker above, you are quoting me.

grin grin grin
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by MovingShadow: 5:42pm On Jul 28, 2020
what are you waiting for sir
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 28, 2020
I'm.sure you didn't do any interview before you got the job...they just brought the appointment letter to you in your sitting room. that is why you don't value your job that is paying 300k...

Ask Seun if he values his job? But because of the money attached, the value comes with the money attached...

85 percent of Naija workers don't want to work where they are presently working but because the job is paying bills, they don't have a choice but to keep till things balance...

Personally, I don't like where I'm working, but I have to fake the likeness so that. I would be promoted...

My brother, the ball.is in your court....if you like to move if you like to stay...

2 Likes

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by phemmyfour: 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud
Work on that area and everything will change. Your boss and your colleagues will respect you.

I do not relate well with my colleagues but when it comes to work, they respect my input

1 Like

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 28, 2020
Dayonsky:
When you tell us the full gist we will advise accordingly.

i see no reason why your boss and colleagues will hate you at the same time except if you are lazy or complains or give excuses too much and dont meet up as expected if not why will your boss hate you and love others. Bros there is something you are not telling us ooo.....You better brace up and face reality

Why.do you want to.know the full gist?
Either quitting a job or staying is what you still need full gist for...my bloda, I suspect you are a
slows poke
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by frozen70(f): 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud

Since you didn't give enough details to understand your lost if interest in the job, you can chose out of this two things

It's either you continue with the job, save money and plan what to do with it

Or you leave the job and start hunting for another job

The choice is yours
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Diamondniyi(m): 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2020
I beg, resign and send me your boss number. I need a better job Biko
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by fapcrook(m): 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2020
Village people are scattered around you
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by manee2(m): 5:48pm On Jul 28, 2020
Truth be told
90% of us don't love our job.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Stfe(m): 5:49pm On Jul 28, 2020
Quitters don't win:vise versa! Any job that's demanding like yours,is enviable.Who knows if you quit this one,the next one you will get,will be worse than this? You are the right person for that job(don't see yourself as not capable or incompetent:you are what you say you are,regardless of what people say or how people see you).So,face the challenge the way it comes,always commit everything to God and I bet you,victory is sure.Those who hate you today,will rejoice with you tomorrow!
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by ndukwechinasa: 5:50pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud
The reason here is incompetency. N that is why it seems everyone in the organization is not comfortable with your existence in the job. Bro work on your self and you will automatically gain respect and love from your boss.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by daniel56(m): 5:51pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud
Resign and connect me with your boss
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by crownyx(m): 5:55pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud

Can I replace you please...
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by pmoye(m): 5:56pm On Jul 28, 2020
I think you should quit the job since you are really not happy there.

Take the leap of faith and quit... and look for another job.

While you are busy looking for another job, maybe, just maybe you might also find sense. Shugomu!

engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Ajibade123(m): 5:57pm On Jul 28, 2020
when you make your colleagues and boss like you you will see that your work is not boring nor exhaustive
Now the problem is how do you make them like you and how will you like them in return?? for this I will be recommending two books for you to help you they are:
HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCED PEOPLE by Dale Carnegie
48 LAWS OF POWER BY Robert Green
I believe you will give thanks later by God's grace

anyway what type of job do you do?
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by micflo28(m): 5:57pm On Jul 28, 2020
There is always a price to pay for a better life. You may not like where you work but it fetches you all you want. It could also fetch you and your kids a secured and purposeful future if you can endure, work to change things you can and accept what you cannot change. Everything in life must not go your way even though we have a picture perfect of how our lives should be.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Dayonsky(m): 5:58pm On Jul 28, 2020
Enjoy ooo
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Onlinebar: 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud
Stop seeking validation from anyone
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Kabiyesi12(m): 6:00pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud

Please, don't quit yet, I will advice you seat down and observe the whole situation around you, it might be a situation you took above your job that made you loose concentration which result that your colleagues think you are incompetent, that made your boss not to like you, because there is no way your boss will like you the way you handle your job.
-Update yourself in relevant aspect you think you need improvement.
-Don't feel too big, ask questions from those you think knows it better than you.
-Be motivated from within, have the right thinking towards your job.
-Don't be pessimistic, who told you, you can not be the best staff?
After you have taken all my advise into consideration then the right decision will manifest. Good luck friend
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by NELLY1990: 6:01pm On Jul 28, 2020
Hmmmmmm, I hope the job does not involve killing people. Cos that’s the only way you can resign today.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Ingredient88(m): 6:03pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud
There are many ways in which village people can follow you, one of them is this!!! Leave the work now and try to look for another one, you will know how life is!!!! lipsrsealed
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by efemena5050(m): 6:05pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

funny

because I am the only person in this world that earns over 300K and hates his Job
show off.... resign u refuse u hate ur job....confused infendibulum....make pple know say u dey earn 300k ....black man mentality ,,,,,,,
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Babaken(m): 6:05pm On Jul 28, 2020
Check yourself very well if there is anything you are not doing right.
Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by Ibechris2: 6:05pm On Jul 28, 2020
I was in this same predicament some years back...I hated the job and hated everyone around me then and it affected my health a lot.

As time went on,I got another job with a low pay compared to what I used to earn and today,I am fulfilled and now I know why money alone does not make one fulfilled in life.

2 Likes

Re: I Earn Over 300K Monthly... But I Don't Love My Job by pawesome(m): 6:06pm On Jul 28, 2020
engrrichie92:

I want to resign...

Just thinking out loud
abeg give me the address make i apply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Who Sweep The Streets Of Italy For Survival (Photos) / Abba Kyari & His Ranks From SP, CSP, ACP To Deputy Commissioner Of Police / See How Most Nigerian Workers Survive Monthly (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.