Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers (51361 Views)

Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. / How Private School Owners In Nigeria Deprive Their Teachers Of Rest / How Private School Teachers Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by MyExpression(m): 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2020
Oga...we that are in corporate travel companies have not been paid and may/will not be paid till work fully resumes.
We were sent on Compulsory Leave without Pay....till the lockdown would necessitate a recall.

If there's any labour law against this practice, a willing lawyer should weigh the matter and teach out to me.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by fujirice: 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
olamiide327:
I understand the country we are in subconsciously mix the bad and good eggs together in situations like this. As a proprietor that I am, I have not fully collected the fees from parents before the lockdown. About just 40% have paid but still my teachers were paid fully from March to May. I went as far as giving them stipends for the month of June. Yes there’s an iota of truth in the subject matter. But, not all proprietors cheat their staffs.
I’m sorry sir but I don’t believe you.
Unless the staff in this question is you and your household.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Krak(m): 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
Vanpascore:

My brother, I really feel for you. God will make ways for us.

Amen. I am seriously looking for a way. I am not going back again.

1 Like

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by VenusEAGLE: 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
fujirice:
OP, I’m “%96” sure you know nothing about what you are dabbling into.
Are you not in this country when some private schools asked parents to pay for 3rd term school fees when the government came for their heads and are here saying they have paid for 3rd term.
What most people don’t understand is that parents hardly pay for school fees until it’s time for exams.
It is only very few private schools (the elite ones) that collect fees for the entire session.
See, I am a private school teacher and I have not been paid since April either but the way the society is demonizing school owners is not fair!
What is their crime? They are no longer making money to pay teachers for goodness sake! When schools resume now, the school building needs to be put back in shape. Where do y’all think the money is coming from?
Y’all should show empathy and channel your aggressions to the government. Their inadequacies is not the school owners’ fault!
let me explain something to you in brief. In the school I teach, a primary school, there are 13kids in my class they all paid before the middle of March. This happened because our proprietor is well informed and knew a lock down was imminent.

Now multiple 15,000 naira by 13 pupils in my class. That's 195,000.
Mind you my salary per month is 13,000.
Multiply 13k by 3 months which is the number of months in a term... 39,000 that's what I earn per term. Now ask yourself why my proprietor cant call us to just manage 5k since April upto now? You sef reason am naa shey e make sense to you? And other classes have more pupils than mine.
The issue here is not about the government but we ourselves. People especially school owners lack compassion and empathy. we are being unjustly ripped off our sweat and effort. Surviving the lockdown has been hard doing things thats not even appropriate but wetin man go do

3 Likes

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Kazim88: 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2020
SmartPolician:
uromii

An employee will always cry that they have been cheated

Why do you work for people then? Why not go and open your school if it was that easy?

Listen, running a business is more than paying staff salaries

There are lots of burdens these administratiors carry, but you will never know

The bolded, only in Africa.

They would always cry cheat. why not honorably resign and start your own and practice what you think is right or if you cant, then respect those that have.

No, rather , there plan would be to destroy the school or the business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by faithfull18(f): 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2020
Mihzwhitesutana:
If you challenge the school management the other staff that you both planned it will keep quiet and might even turn their back on you
This is what happens most of the time. The vocal ones are seen as the bad eggs.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Firingpin: 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2020
uromii:
Every honest proprietor is supposed to have paid it staff their February, March and April salary in full plus even necessary bonus because they collect their fees per term and this money is paid in whole and they normally demand this money (fee drive) from second week of resumption and their dead line for payments is always that first month of resumption and the lockdown started towords ending of March , almost all school's does this.

In other words %96 percent of schools in Nigeria have already collected their pupils school fees before the covid-19 lock down.

To show How wicked black man can be most of the proprietors/proprietress have dubiously refused to give their staff their complete payment for April, May. Most school owners are not always honest to their workers because no regulatory bodies beams their watch light on them.

So if you are a teacher you teach in a private school and you did not receive your April and may salary from your director , just know you have been cheated.
Wrong analysis.Some parents wait up to four months to pay just because of financial handicap.By your analysis the child should have been booted out at exam time.Wicked thing to do man.

1 Like

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by awoo47: 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2020
CalebLebsco56:
Seriously private school is modern slavery..you will teach and teach and teach!!! I read B.A History and Diplomatic studies...my school where i teach is 6 classes from Jss1_3 and SS1_3 ....Social studies/Government with pay of 15k....its really pathetic because before month end you have already finish the money either on transport,feeding or other responsibilities at home....i never imagine myself like that, but Nigeria wahala!!
To my greatest surprise this proprietress does not appreciate our efforts to the extend if you come late the cashier will deduct from your salary, sometimes you dont eat at home because you want to catch up with work...as if thats not Ok..they will still give you responsibility as Formaster/formmistress, set exams,test,marking,take attendance and the most stressful lesson plan and still pay you peanuts while they enrich thereself....i just wish there should be a union for private teachers because they are enslaving them...if you want to talk they will sack you......Just hoping and praying for a better jab!!! With qualification..
But a Good Samaritan can help me even thou is anything i have been missing GiveAways on private teachers dou!
I have not been paid since March

2049991886 Zenith Bank ......thanks for your kind Gesture since we dont know when school will reopen.

15k nd u hv a BA??
which state is that??

i thought it's only secondary sch drop out dey pay dat kin money
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by fujirice: 1:15pm On Jul 18, 2020
VenusEAGLE:
let me explain something to you in brief. In the school I teach, a primary school, there are 13kids in my class they all paid before the middle of March. This happened because our proprietor is well informed and knew a lock down was imminent.

Now multiple 15,000 naira by 13 pupils in my class. That's 195,000. Mind you my salary per month is 13k..
Multiply 13k by 3 months... 39,000 that's what I earn per term. Now ask yourself why my proprietor can not call us to just manage 5k since April upto now? You sef reason am naa shey e make sense to you? And other classes has more pupils than mine.
Oga mathematician. Well done o! Are you the accountant of the school to know that every student paid? Do you know all the other burdens the proprietor is carrying or the bills she’s footing to be paying you for not working?
She’s not the government. Unless you have been engaging your students this period without pay, then I’d side with you but if not, channel your requests to the government.
This is someone’s business we are talking about here and not a charity organization.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by tunize(m): 1:15pm On Jul 18, 2020
Makavelli25:
My school paid me my full march salary 8k
But since then nothing else
Not even a call. I stoped sending new month greetings april too. cry
8k u don mean it baba how u deh cope with 8k for 30days that na transport fare money nah abi u nor dey transport go work? bros God go give u bttr job IJN.

2 Likes

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 18, 2020
Kazim88:

The bolded, only in Africa.

They would always cry cheat. why not honorably resign and start your own and practice what you think is right or if you cant, then respect those that have.

No, rather , there plan would be to destroy the school or the business.

Not only in Africa. Amazon staff in the US complain about Jeff Bezos too.

1 Like

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Makavelli25: 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2020
tunize:

8k u don mean it baba how u deh cope with 8k for 30days that na transport fare money nah abi u nor dey transport go work? bros God go give u bttr job IJN.
Amen
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by IYANGBALI: 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2020
graciamore:
she did not even pay us march salary fa, just the 4k she paid us and dismiss us.. I swear it will not be well with that woman..
give me her name let me take it to baba ijebu for the school to be yours
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by awoo47: 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
KelvinC1:
I am a CORPER in one secondary school here in Akure Ondo state, COVID-19 forced us home since 20 March 2020.. I am the only PHYSICS TEACHER in the school, I teach Ss1, ss2 and Ss3.. my salary is 5k per month there.. the man Paid all the teachers their 14k per month salary, so during EASTER, he paid them 7k, half of their March salar yand he refused to pay me out of my 5k because may be He feel I am collecting allawee.. The JAMB lesson I took for every 1hour is 400, my JAMB total money is 4,400, the man only gave me 1k out of it and the students said they have all paid him for their JAMB LESSONS.. The owner of the school has not CALLED ME FOR ONCE SINCE WE LEFT SCHOOL.. I am shocked and surprised.. na home lessons wey I dey do dey help me small.... private school owners are wicked.. most of their teachers here are still trying to bind their project in school sef..
1k out of 4k isn't bad nw...

1 Like

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by tunize(m): 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
Mihzwhitesutana:
If you challenge the school management the other staff that you both planned it will keep quiet and might even turn their back on you
Exactly some ppl can b double minded.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by graciamore(f): 1:22pm On Jul 18, 2020
GenBuhari:
Where do you expect the school owners to find money to pay their staff?
They have to feed themselves and pay their bills.
Now if we didn't have satanic NWO / WHO people currently running the country , schools would have been financially compensated for being forced to remain closed so that they can maintain their business and pay their staff.
Na them.. My priopertries bought two big goats during the last Salah and renovated her house and car...yet she have no money to pay her workers?? That is wickedness!!!if I have to go back to teaching job, I will never teach whole heartily with the way I did before.. I feel cheated and pained..all through January and February I was so sick cos of pregnancy,yet I was still doing teacher and managing to school.. Like I said earlier it will not be well with her..
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by VenusEAGLE: 1:22pm On Jul 18, 2020
fujirice:

Oga mathematician. Well done o! Are you the accountant of the school to know that every student paid? Do you know all the other burdens the proprietor is carrying or the bills she’s footing to be paying you for not working?
She’s not the government. Unless you have been engaging your students this period without pay, then I’d side with you but if not, channel your requests to the government.
This is someone’s business we are talking about here and not a charity organization.
listen... I don't need to be the school's accountant before I know which of my pupils have paid and those who haven't.

I don't even think you are a teacher because if you are, you would have known a class teacher is supposed to ask each student if they have paid their school fee every Wednesday or sports day
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by graciamore(f): 1:23pm On Jul 18, 2020
IYANGBALI:
give me her name let me take it to baba ijebu for the school to be yours
Noo Karma will do it's work if she don't pay me for all my effort.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by ejimatic: 1:25pm On Jul 18, 2020
uromii:
Every honest proprietor is supposed to have paid it staff their February, March and April salary in full plus even necessary bonus because they collect their fees per term and this money is paid in whole and they normally demand this money (fee drive) from second week of resumption and their dead line for payments is always that first month of resumption and the lockdown started towords ending of March , almost all school's does this.

In other words %96 percent of schools in Nigeria have already collected their pupils school fees before the covid-19 lock down.

To show How wicked black man can be most of the proprietors/proprietress have dubiously refused to give their staff their complete payment for April, May. Most school owners are not always honest to their workers because no regulatory bodies beams their watch light on them.

So if you are a teacher you teach in a private school and you did not receive your April and may salary from your director , just know you have been cheated.
. 90 percent of private school proprietors are wicked and satanic.All they want is to amass wealth for themselves using talents knowledge and intelligence of their teachers.Many of these school owners cannot even teach in a class. If their teachers are happy or not is not their concern.They build houses and buy cars when their teachers are languishing daily. They have no reason for not paying for March April and May yet they claim to be Christians and Muslims......Working in a private school is disturbing and worrisome...May God open way for all the teachers in those schools .

2 Likes

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by folu4real(f): 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2020
graciamore:
she did not even pay us march salary fa, just the 4k she paid us and dismiss us.. I swear it will not be well with that woman..

Eeeyah so sorry embarassed
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by ajebuter(f): 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2020
I work in a high profile educational institution and l have nothing else to say but prayers for my own Executive Director and our chairman..

Six figure salaries: Paid in full

February, March, April, May, June..Paid in full..

Leave Bonus:. Notice of forthcoming payment received already..

May God continue to bless my ED!

2 Likes

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by VenusEAGLE: 1:35pm On Jul 18, 2020
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Josephamstrong1(m): 1:36pm On Jul 18, 2020
Denique:

Wanted to make you an offer at a shawarma spot for when school will resume. If you can and stay on the mainland, do PM me.

Regards.

You've got a good heart.
Remain blessed

1 Like

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by folu4real(f): 1:36pm On Jul 18, 2020
chatinent:
We weren't paid since February; it's more than fraud. Survival is very expensive especially when you are the one fam is looking up to.

Hummm definitely the propierstress at my son school is nice. Cos she paid them full on April & May. And still giving them the money they realize in online classes till date. God bless that kind hearted woman for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by babtoundey(m): 1:41pm On Jul 18, 2020
Here we were paid March and April (Both paid together in April). With Oyo state schools resuming few weeks a go it is possible they pay the arrears.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Makavelli25: 1:44pm On Jul 18, 2020
spiralwedge:

Less than my car fuel money for a month, and I dey here still dey suffer. Bros, how you dey take do am.
It hasnt been easy sir But i knw i will survive
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by shomayo: 1:44pm On Jul 18, 2020
I will tell her...mumu and ungrateful fellow...u sha see work and collecting salary since and before then
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Kazim88: 1:45pm On Jul 18, 2020
VenusEAGLE:

Now multiple 15,000 naira by 13 pupils in my class. That's 195,000.
Mind you my salary per month is 13,000.
Multiply 13k by 3 months which is the number of months in a term... 39,000 that's what I earn per term. Now ask yourself why my proprietor cant call us to just manage 5k since April upto now? You sef reason am naa shey e make sense to you? And other classes have more pupils than mine. ?

I am not holding brief for your boss or anybody.

Let put morality aside, because everyone talks about fairness and righteousness when it affects them negatively.

Let's talk about the solution for the teacher in such a situation.
I would advice every teacher working in such a situation to see it as temporary, the employment is not stable, the industry is volatile and you are replaceable. It's a dangerous ground to build your career.

See it as experience, don't take anything to heart, see this Break as an opportunity to break out and do or learn something worth while

It is what it is.
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by friday2011(m): 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2020
Makavelli25:
But since then nothing else
Not even a call. I stoped sending new month greetings april too. cry

For those quoting me
It is eight thousand
Was just doing it till when admission comes.
I dont only teach o. As the only male teacher
I run errands only a guy can do to
Follow bus,and a lot more
Laslas na 8k i go collect

Jesus, @bolded

Pls how do you survive each month with 8k...God
Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Seankay323: 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2020
Some teachers are also cashing out this period make una no lie. Going to diff homes to teach and collecting�.
school fees directly.

1 Like

Re: How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers by Makavelli25: 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2020
dingbang:
8k in a month? And I am playing my cleaner 12k in a month.. This life no balance shocked
I pray i become sucessful too sir.
It hasnt been easy at all. 2.1.1.1.2.6.9.6.2.4
U.B.A

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

4-Year-Old Girl Destroys School Properties. Teacher Reacts Calmly (Video) / See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. / Opinion: These 20 Courses Should Be Scraped From Our Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.