Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,219 members, 7,860,390 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:22 AM

Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (74364 Views)

Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano / The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick / Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Afam4eva(m): 11:37pm On Feb 07, 2011
@ Tensor777

Go answer some questions here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-600821.0.html
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by jason123: 11:38pm On Feb 07, 2011
@ Ezeuche, Obiagu1 and Chyz,

There is nothing to prove except you guys are revisionist. I said my mother almost died in the bombing and you are asking for a prove If they were targeting the military,then they failed woefully because it is the civilians that died especially yorubas. My mother even told me that they had to learn a drill ( lay flat on the floor till the bombing stopped). Ask anyone that was alive in Lagos at that time.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by dayokanu(m): 11:38pm On Feb 07, 2011
6 July
0 July

15 July  Fighting breaks out between the federal and Biafran troops.
The first Division of the Nigerian Army under Colonel Mohammed Shuwa captures Ogoja.
Biafran aircraft bombs Lagos.
Shuwa captures Nsukka.  

Third Marine Commandos Division of the Nigerian Army under Colonel Benjamin ADEKUNLE captures Bonny.
The rebels invade Mid-West and capture Benin. Later, in a hurried response, a Second Division of the Nigerian Army under Colonel Murtala Mohammed is formed.
Gowon declares total war. Lagos bombed again.

http://www.ogbomoso.net/adekunle6.html

Written by the man who mauled the Biafran uprising Benjamin Maja Adekunle. How proud am I to be from the same town as this man.

He knows how to deal with an uprising.

[size=18pt]BENJAMIN ADEKUNLE, Dayokanu hereby salutes you wherever you ight be for your exploits in dealing with those that killed my Great uncle Aare ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland. Chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola[/size].

May God bless your soul  cry
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by cap28: 11:41pm On Feb 07, 2011
The thing i find really puzzling is that no -one seems to see that there is something inherently wrong with the fact that none of the July 66 coup participants were ever charged or even court martialed for their massacre of hundreds of igbo officers and soldiers.  Not only did these soldiers go scot free - many of them went on to play major roles in the running of nigeria- the likes of ibrahim babangida, abacha, TY Danjuma, buhari went on to have very lucrative careers in the army and in the political arena despite their bloodsoaked past.  What sort of message does that send out - obviously that if you are a soldier you can murder people and not only get away with it but also play a prominent role in the running of your country - as long as your coup is successful!!!

What makes the situation all the more tragic is the fact that an igbo man - Aguiyi Ironsi sacrificed his life in the naive belief that his fellow soldiers irrespective of ethnicity were on the same side as him - what a waste of an innocent life!!

Nigeria is no better than nazi germany in which murderers and criminals used violence to hijack the reins of power and perpetuate themselves in office.  I wonder why all these duplicitous people that continue to scapegoat igbos by calling the Jan 66 coup an igbo coup have never raised this issue.

To those people who have continued to peddle the lie that the Jan 66 coup was an igbo coup - i ask you this - was the July 66 coup a nationalistic coup? How about the coup that overthrew Murtala Muhammed that was dominated by soldiers from the middle belt - would you call that a middle belt coup?

The way some people reason is just  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 11:41pm On Feb 07, 2011
dayokunu,

Akintola was a stooge for Balewa. A house boy for Ahmadu Bello. He deserved what he got. No love lost there.

No one missed him when he passed away.

Even your fellow Yorubas.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by jason123: 11:41pm On Feb 07, 2011
dayokanu:

6 July
0 July

The first Division of the Nigerian Army under Colonel Mohammed Shuwa captures Ogoja.
Shuwa captures Nsukka.  

Third Marine Commandos Division of the Nigerian Army under Colonel Benjamin ADEKUNLE captures Bonny.
The rebels invade Mid-West and capture Benin. Later, in a hurried response, a Second Division of the Nigerian Army under Colonel Murtala Mohammed is formed.

Written by the man who mauled the Biafran uprising Benjamin Maja Adekunle. How proud am I to be from the same town as this man.

[size=18pt]BENJAMIN ADEKUNLE, Dayokanu hereby salutes you wherever you ight be for your exploits in dealing with those that killed my Great uncle Aare ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland. Chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola[/size].

I sympathise with you! sad
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by olaolabiy: 11:42pm On Feb 07, 2011
Because Igbo officers organised a coup but failed miserably. They are now trying to discard it as a 'national' one. The coup was poorly executed and devoid of deep thought.

The rest is history!
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by dayokanu(m): 11:42pm On Feb 07, 2011
Next time you are planning to kill other regions leaders pls leave yorubas out of it and espeacially people from Ogbomosho.

We are warriors from the time of stopping the Fulani invasion and we wont hesistate to use sledgehammers on ants to serve as a deterrent to other aspiring ants.

I am sure for one Akintola killed, Black Scorpion must have taken down 500,000 Biafrans.

Kudos to you Akinkanju Okunrin ogun, Omo Ogbomoso ogbomojugun. Ilu Soun Ajagungbade
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by jason123: 11:42pm On Feb 07, 2011
EzeUche_:

dayokunu,

Akintola was a stooge for Balewa.

[size=20pt]WHAT!!!![/size]
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by T9ksy(m): 11:43pm On Feb 07, 2011
EzeUche_:

Source please. I do not enjoy reading hearsay. If this indeed happened, where are the documents to support your nonsense. Biafrans did not kill indiscriminately like Federal troops did. That is why close to 2 million Easterners perished. Mainly, women, children and the elderly.

which source do you want me to provide for you?
I just told you i was a little boy living in Onipani at the time.
Wetin be hearsay here?
If you or anyone here knows about Onipani they will attest to my description of how close my abode was to Fadeyi.
Nobody told me about the bombing, i heard and felt it.
At the time too, there was this strategy called the "civil defence" tactics whereby whenever we hear the sirens, we know biafran planes are coming. Everyone turned their lights off and hide under beds, tables etc.
Yeah of course, biafrans don't kill indiscriminately.
Anything that goes against the lies told you by your fathers/uncles/brothers is platitudes
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Katsumoto: 11:43pm On Feb 07, 2011
bk.babe97y:

[b]Why Katsumoto insists on replying the "Crazy Trio" (Eziachi, Dede1, and Andre Uweh) is still beyond me. [/b]If you notice I've giving up on them. They know the truth, they know the world knows. . . . With their blatant lies, they aint aiming for me and you, no sirreee, they aim is innocent Ibo kids that are presently reading all of this, that will buy they lies hook, line, and sinker (maybe cause they've heard their parents, uncles, etc state these same lies in the past) and continue to live in hate after they are dead and gone (Eziachi is almost a thousand years old, so he should be gone any minute). . . . .

The ONLY [/b]ones that tell these same lies day in and day out are the Ibos! They arent that stu*pid to think anyone buys their lies, but these monkeys hope to keep hate alive by spreading lies to their younger generation. But, thats their problem! Next time, kill everyone equally! Thats what I say.

Check this out: Now theyve forgotten the role they played in trying to make sure GEJ did not ascend the throne just because hes part of the Ijaw People (and they didnt want another minority group getting to Aso Rock before them). . . . They've forgotten how they rallied around Ojukwu in supporting Gen.IBB. . . .  Theyve "forgotten" all of this; [b]U THINK GEJ WILL EVER FORGET?!
ROFLMAO!!!

Watch 2015, and see them blame the Yorubas again for their gaffes in 2010. . . .

Freaking monkeys!

You have to fight a problem at the source otherwise you will have to respond to all those corrupted by their messages. If we let the lies and misinformation slide, then there will be a bigger problem later. It is a tough job but someone has to do it.

1 Like

Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by dayokanu(m): 11:44pm On Feb 07, 2011
EzeUche_:

dayokunu,

Akintola was a stooge for Balewa. A house boy for Ahmadu Bello. He deserved what he got. No love lost there.

No one missed him, He was a stooge so your brothers had to come kill him?

Well thank God for Adekunle who served revenge cold and in 500,000 folds.

Black Scorpion, I hail you twaile
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Chyz2: 11:44pm On Feb 07, 2011
dayokanu:

Are people now denying that Biafran soldiers dropped bombs on innocent people in Lagos and killed people in the midwest?

What do we expect at least some of them told us Balewa died of chicken pox, Akintola died of ezcema and Sardauna was killed by mosquitoes

Even with katsumoto's post of a quote from some guy from the U.S., it in no way stated that the Biafrans drop bombs indiscriminately(like the Nigerians did),killing innocent people.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Eziachi: 11:44pm On Feb 07, 2011
Katsumoto:

How did it floor my argument that it was an Igbo coup? I maintain that the coup had two different objectives. I have said it ,many times.
1. Nzeogwu and Ademoyega had a moral revolution
2. Ifeajuna and the rest had an ethnic agenda.

Read PhysicsMHD posts again and objectively.

Lets assume that the Northerner were avenging the killing of their Sarduana.
So who exactly were our Yoruba brothers avenging for?
Was it for Akintola?  As apart from Ogbomosho people, the rest were celebrating his demise?
Or was it your own son/governor (Fajuyi) who your later northern allies came at your back yard in Ibadan, picked up and killed like a chicken in your own land?
The old story use to be that Fajuyi was killed while trying to protect Ironsi, but this film has also punctured your lying sob stories.
Because the truth has always been that the guy was as victim as Ironsi was from the start to finish.
He was arrested even before the plotters (Danjuma) ever set eyes on Ironsi that evening, while Ironsi had a chance to make an attempt to escape but did not take the chance for some reason.
You seems to make up things as you go along, the new one being the moral vs immoral coup plotters of 1966 and you had placed the privilege of placing each person where it suits your pre-concieved agenda upon yourself.
Nzeogwu is now your new good guy and Ifeajuna your Mr baddie?

Only recently you were all over the place with the rubbish that Ifeajuna was Zik's cousin and when you were laughed at at such a notion, you turned into another version of them been relatives and soon you will find something else.
The truth is always straight, if you ever read myself changing what I told you 2 years ago against what it is today, I will no longer be here.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 11:44pm On Feb 07, 2011
I shall repeat, Akintola was another corrupt official. House boy to Balewa. And we have one Nairalander who is proud of this man.

Okotie-Eboh
Akintola

Two men who were not missed.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 11:45pm On Feb 07, 2011
dayokanu:

No one missed him, He was a stooge so your brothers had to come kill him?

Well thank God for Adekunle who served revenge cold and in 500,000 folds.

Black Scorpion, I hail you twaile

Just remember what goes around come around.

Payback will be a b______

Fill in the blank.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by dayokanu(m): 11:46pm On Feb 07, 2011
EzeUche_:

I shall repeat, Akintola was another corrupt official. House boy to Balewa. And we have one Nairalander who is proud of this man.

Okotie-Eboh
Akintola

Two men who were not missed.

No one missed him, I am sure 500,000 people paid for it from Nnewi to Arochukwu, to Abakaliki to Nnsuka, next time them send you to an Ogbomoso man think twice of the consequences.

We use seldgehammers on ants.

EzeUche_:

Fill in the blank.

WHo cares bring it on, we would always have the final say. Next time you would think twice before attacking an ogbomoso man. 1 Ogbomoso man = 500,000

Now imagine if you kill 50? That means the whole region is gone.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 11:50pm On Feb 07, 2011
dayokanu:

No one missed him, I am sure 500,000 people paid for it from Nnewi to Arochukwu, to Abakaliki to Nnsuka, next time them send you to an Ogbomoso man think twice of the consequences.

We usedseldgehammers on ants.

Obele nsi!

I hope you choke on those words one day. Payback will be swift and just.

Your tiger clawed great uncle deserved what he got.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by dayokanu(m): 11:51pm On Feb 07, 2011
Eziachi:

Was it for Akintola?  As apart from Ogbomosho people, the rest were celebrating his demise?
Or was it your own son/governor (Fajuyi) who your later northern allies came at your back yard in Ibadan, picked up and killed like a chicken in your own land?
The old story use to be that Fajuyi was killed while trying to protect Ironsi, but this film has also punctured your lying sob stories.

Did you notice that an Ogbomoso man was the one who almost single handedly decimated Biafra?

Adekunle took it personal, I can visually him gritting his teeth as he shot his way from ogoja through Abakaliki to Nsukka.

Its a personal beef. and Adekunle had the last laugh.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Katsumoto: 11:52pm On Feb 07, 2011
Eziachi:

Because the truth has always been that the guy was as victim as Ironsi was from the start to finish.
He was arrested even before the plotters (Danjuma) ever set eyes on Ironsi that evening, while Ironsi had a chance to make an attempt to escape but did not take the chance for some reason.
You seems to make up things as you go along, the new one being the moral vs immoral coup plotters of 1966 and you had placed the privilege of placing each person where it suits your pre-concieved agenda upon yourself.

Only recently you were all over the place with the rubbish that Ifeajuna was Zik's cousin and when you were laughed at at such a notion, you turned into another version of them been relatives and soon you will find something else.
The truth is always straight, if you ever read myself changing what I told you 2 years ago against what it is today, I will no longer be here.

I dare you to find two posts where I contradicted myself. I dare you.

Typical liar strategy; I cornered you on your lies and instead of stating your case, you are introducing another dimension. This thread is not about Fajuyi; if you want to be schooled in how Fajuyi and Ironsi met their deaths, open a thread. I will gladly educate you as usual.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 11:52pm On Feb 07, 2011
Dayokanu,

Let the fight be fair and my Aro brothers from Anambra, Imo, Abia, Cameroon etc will show you Ogbomoso people why the British feared us when we were at our height.

You just made an enemy.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by olaolabiy: 11:53pm On Feb 07, 2011
cap28:

The thing i find really puzzling is that no -one seems to see that there is something inherently wrong with the fact that none of the July 66 coup participants were ever charged or even court martialed for their massacre of hundreds of igbo officers and soldiers.  Not only did these soldiers go scot free - many of them went on to play major roles in the running of nigeria- the likes of ibrahim babangida, abacha, TY Danjuma, buhari went on to have very lucrative careers in the army and in the political arena despite their bloodsoaked past.  What sort of message does that send out - obviously that if you are a soldier you can murder people and not only get away with it but also play a prominent role in the running of your country - as long as your coup is successful!!!

What makes the situation all the more tragic is the fact that an igbo man - Aguiyi Ironsi sacrificed his life in the naive belief that his fellow soldiers irrespective of ethnicity were on the same side as him - what a waste of an innocent life!!

Nigeria is no better than nazi germany in which murderers and criminals used violence to hijack the reins of power and perpetuate themselves in office.  I wonder why all these duplicitous people that continue to scapegoat igbos by calling the Jan 66 coup an igbo coup have never raised this issue.

To those people who have continued to peddle the lie that the Jan 66 coup was an igbo coup - i ask you this - was the July 66 coup a nationalistic coup? How about the coup that overthrew Murtala Muhammed that was dominated by soldiers from the middle belt - would you call that a middle belt coup?

The way some people reason is just  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Before July 1966, there was January 1966. Let's talk about that one, please. The second coup was just a counter one.
And, in any coup all over the world, if successful, you partake of the spoils of its success.

1 Like

Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Chyz2: 11:54pm On Feb 07, 2011
Eziachi:

Thank you for your great write up sir. At the bolded,especially the last sentence you typed, I noticed also his sudden change.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 11:54pm On Feb 07, 2011
My Igbo brethren, we must now allow these people to rewrite history!

Whoever, controls our past, controls the future.

What we see here are some foolish people trying to rewrite history!

Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by dayokanu(m): 11:55pm On Feb 07, 2011
EzeUche_:

Obele nsi!

I hope you choke on those words one day. Payback will be swift and just.

Your tiger clawed great uncle deserved what he got.

Choke? So you heard how Adekunle cut the Biafra soldiers scrotum and fed it to them till they choked? Take it on the chin and next time dont try it.

Yeah Akintola got what he deserved according to you and we wont cry about it, Its your people who are still moaning and licking what Adekunle did to them after 40yrs.

Ask me if you try it again would we (Ogbomosho people) repeat it? Answer: With all pleasure.  grin grin
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Katsumoto: 11:55pm On Feb 07, 2011
ola olabiy:

Before July 1966, there was January 1966. Let's talk about that one, please. The second coup was just a counter one.
And, in any coup all over the world, if successful, you partake of the spoils of its success.

Mo ri pe oun gbadun debate yi. lol
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 11:55pm On Feb 07, 2011
Eziachi:

Wonderful post from a wise Igbo sage. I salute you!
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:56pm On Feb 07, 2011
dayokanu:

6 July
0 July

Shuwa captures Nsukka.  

"As his war letters clearly demonstrate, he was too temperamental and schizophrenic to provide good leadership in peace time. It is also apparent from his son’s book that he believed the war was about oil, not Nigeria ’s unity. “Plainly speaking” he said in the biographical section of the Book, “the Federal troops fought the civil war because of the rich crude oil found in the coastal areas. Those who fought are never told the truth.”

Twenty-six years after the war, Adekunle seemed to have changed his story. In an interview with the Weekend Concord (July 6, 1996) which the son quoted in the book, the Black Scorpion regretted that he fought, not for oil, but to keep Nigeria one. “While some of us were dying in the battlefield for the restoration of Nigeria as one country,” he said, “some people have their eyes on one particular subject – oil, the live wire of the economy, the new fulcrum or pendulum of power. While we fought for one country, some people have been reaping where they did not sow. They have been reaping from bogus population figures fashioned to suit their selfish purposes…”
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by olaolabiy: 11:57pm On Feb 07, 2011
Katsumoto:

Mo ri pe oun gbadun debate yi. lol

Abi now grin
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by cap28: 11:59pm On Feb 07, 2011
dayokanu:

6 July
0 July

Shuwa captures Nsukka.  

You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself for praising a coward who bragged about how he would kill defenceless, starvation ravaged igbo civilians , a man who shamelessly had this to say during an interview with the foreign press:

“I want see no Red Cross, no Caritas, no World Council of Churches, no pope, no missionary, and no United Nations Delegation. I want to prevent even one Igbo from having even one piece to eat before their capitulation. We shoot at everything that moves and when our troops march into the center of Igbo territory, we shoot at everything even a things that don’t move”—Benjamin Adekunle
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by T9ksy(m): 11:59pm On Feb 07, 2011
EzeUche_:

Fill in the blank.

And these are the people who want to be considered as indigenes of Lagos.

To reiterate, it doesn't matter how many of your generations lived in Lagos or any part of yorubaland, you guys will always be perceived as settlers.
And whenever you do decide to reinvent your "Land of the rising sun" , be sure to steer clear of my region else we won't hesitate to use "sledgehammers to squash you miserable little ants"  grin!!!
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by aljharem(m): 12:00am On Feb 08, 2011
EzeUche_:

Dayokanu,

Let the fight be fair and my Aro brothers from Anambra, Imo, Abia, Cameroon etc will show you Ogbomoso people why the British feared us when we were at our height.

You just made an enemy.

Chineke me oooooo

dayokanu is in trouble shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (43) (Reply)

Photo Of Wike And Secondus 'Looking Angry' After PDP Convention Produced Atiku / PHOTOS: Modern Kiosk/shopswere Provided By Lagos State Govt / Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.