Stats: 3,165,293 members, 7,860,709 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:43 PM

Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (74366 Views)

Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano / The Truth Behind General Aguiyi- Ironsi’s Crocodile Swagger Stick / Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 11:06pm On Feb 07, 2011
jason123:

Obalende and Fadeyi and I think a place near the Cinema (Forgotten the name of the place but my mother almost died there. I have mentioned this before)

Lies! Biafran soldiers did not target innocent civilians. They only captured territory and targeted federal soldiers. That is it!
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 11:08pm On Feb 07, 2011
Obiagu1:

Katsumoto really hates this your post because it floored his argument that the coup was an Igbo coup.

The coup was purely nationalistic but failed because of incompetence and lack of bravery.
To be frank, no Igbo man could have shot Okpara; they would have used other non-Igbos among them to do the job.

Katsumoto enjoys painting the coup as an Igbo coup.

And I agree, no Igbo man could shoot Dr. Okpara. There was too much love for that man and it would have been a conflict of interest. It would have had to be a Yoruba officer.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by jason123: 11:10pm On Feb 07, 2011
EzeUche_:

Lies! Biafran soldiers did not target innocent civilians. They only captured territory and targeted federal soldiers. That is it!

You and I cannot answer that, can we? What if my mother died and other yorubas, I would not be hear today, would I? Even if their intention was to killed the military men, it turned out to do more harm than good because NONE of them died. It was only the civilians that were killed during the bombing.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Obiagu1(m): 11:10pm On Feb 07, 2011
jason123:

You and I cannot answer that, can we? What if my mother died and other yorubas, I would not be hear today, would I? Even if there intention was to killed the military men, it turned out to do more harm than good because NONE of them died. It was only the civilians that were killed during the bombing.

Can you ask your mum again where and when the bomb landed? Was it in her dream?
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by olaolabiy: 11:11pm On Feb 07, 2011
Ezeuche is now praising Nzeogwu as a hero. Now I know where you stand. A hero who truncated our nascent democracy?

I repeat: It is just a scheme by some people here to tell us Ironsi wanted to fight avarice, corruption and nepotism.

In 1984, Abacha also claimed that our hospitals were mere consulting clinics. He said this was part of the reasons why they had to organise the coup that ended the Second republic.

But, what actually happened? Abacha and co didn't just keep our hospitals as consulting clinics, they turned the hospitals to 'mortuaries'.

So, don't tell me Ironsi meant well.

That is bullsh.it!
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 11:12pm On Feb 07, 2011
jason123:

You and I cannot answer that, can we? What if my mother died and other yorubas, I would not be hear today, would I? Even if their intention was to killed the military men, it turned out to do more harm than good because NONE of them died. It was only the civilians that were killed during the bombing.

I can answer a lot of questions, because my father is a Biafran War Veteran. And he seen action in the Mid-West, Onitsha, Umuahia, Owerri and Orlu.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Katsumoto: 11:13pm On Feb 07, 2011
Eziachi:

I thought you saw and heared from the film clip- the coup was welcomed/cheered in Lagos, not my word but from the film we both watched, unless i was made by a white Igbo man.
If I remember correctly, you are one of the school of thought that Biafra fought with cutlasses and their bare hand, suddenlly the have planes that bombed Lagos. What part of Lagos did this miraculous Biafra plane bombed.
Any Yoruba/Hausa who claimed that he/she saw any sort of war or its effect between 1967-70 but aren't a soldier, a journalist of a sort or an Aid workers is living in a fantasy world.

Of course you will not know that bombs were dropped in Lagos. You were alive when it happened; I wasn't but I still had time to read up on it. See below

Yes, bombs were dropped. People living in Lagos at that time will readily confirm this. Also, read below

'Keeping this ancient fleet in the air rapidly overwhelmed the Biafrans.  The initial value of these aircraft was the psychological effect they created in the disorganized early stage of the war.  The bombers made harassing attacks on Lagos and the Northern air fields, creating large scale panic with their erratic bombing with homemade munitions.  The helicopters likewise dampened Federal fervor on the battlefield.  Used primarily for reconnaissance, Federal soldiers soon discovered they were not safe when the Alouettes were in the air due either to aerially supported
artillery or mortar attacks, or homemade bombs dropped from the aircraft.  They quickly learned to seek cover when the helicopters were flying.'

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/1984/SMR.htm
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Onlytruth(m): 11:14pm On Feb 07, 2011
Posted by: EzeUche_

Come on my brother! Nzeogwu was true patriot [/b]and a courageous man.

[b]Now I must say he was brash
, but Ojukwu knew that Nzeogwu would always be a threat to him.

Now tell me why Nzeogwu had to die?

He had to die because the Nigeria of his dreams (for which he risked the lives of millions of Igbo in Nigeria) never existed. It still doesn't exist. If he couldn't figure that out, why did he participate in the coup? undecided

So when problems started as a result of his actions and Ojukwu saved his @55 and kept him alive in the east, he was still scheming to actualize the Nigeria of his dreams without remembering that the train had long left the station. undecided

Nigeria was in deep trouble and he would have been killed by northerners if they got him.

He might have thought he could sabotage Biafra (he believed in Nigeria till his death). I don't believe Ojukwu killed him, but I would understand if he did because for Ojukwu, Nzeogwu was a clueless rascal.  cool
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by T9ksy(m): 11:17pm On Feb 07, 2011
EzeUche_:

what a load of tripe!
Fadeyi and yaba was populated by (mainly yoruba) civilians at the time.

Obiagu1:

No, it wasn't in her dream. i was living in Onipani then.
our house was only a few minutes walk from Hotel bobby.
we all felt the tremor.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Katsumoto: 11:18pm On Feb 07, 2011
Obiagu1:

Katsumoto really hates this your post because it floored his argument that the coup was an Igbo coup.

The coup was purely nationalistic but failed because of incompetence and lack of bravery.
To be frank, no Igbo man could have shot Okpara; they would have used other non-Igbos among them to do the job.

How did it floor my argument that it was an Igbo coup? I maintain that the coup had two different objectives. I have said it ,many times.
1. Nzeogwu and Ademoyega had a moral revolution
2. Ifeajuna and the rest had an ethnic agenda.

Read PhysicsMHD posts again and objectively.

Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 11:20pm On Feb 07, 2011
T9ksy:

what a load of tripe!
Fadeyi and yaba was populated by (mainly yoruba) civilians at the time.

Show me the dammn mass graves of Yoruba civilians that were supposedly killed by Biafran troops! angry

We Igbos can show you our mass graves. Just go to Asaba and see how 500 men & boys were butchered in cold blood!
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Katsumoto: 11:21pm On Feb 07, 2011
EzeUche_:

Katsumoto enjoys painting the coup as an Igbo coup.

And I agree, no Igbo man could shoot Dr. Okpara. There was too much love for that man and it would have been a conflict of interest. It would have had to be a Yoruba officer.

Are you going to let your parents waste their investment in you? Learn to read and comprehend and stop chatting dust.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Eziachi: 11:21pm On Feb 07, 2011
jason123:

Obalende and Fadeyi and I think a place near the Cinema (Forgotten the name of the place but my mother almost died there. I have mentioned this before)

So you have forgotten where a bomb was dropped in Lagos? What sort of plane will that be that will drop a bomb in a city and you are just guessing where it exploded.
That must be a punctured car tyre that nearly killed your mother trust me, Go back and ask her again and this time, demand the truth, some adult tend to big up story like that, just to impress their gullibles. Because if you have witness a 500-1000 pound bomb explode, you can't forget, even if you were born on the day. I can tell you every spot single sport where Nigeria bomb fell in my tiny village and the victim weren't nearly killed, they were torn apart like pieces of meat.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by aljharem(m): 11:21pm On Feb 07, 2011
Obiagu1:

is this one crazy, were you born then

yaba close to the old cinema now was bombed and i was not far from there at that time

please know what you are talking about ok
EzeUche_:

I can answer a lot of questions, because my father is a Biafran War Veteran. And he seen action in the Mid-West, Onitsha, Umuahia, Owerri and Orlu.

this post is directed to you as well

ideeiot angry
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by aljharem(m): 11:23pm On Feb 07, 2011
Eziachi:

So you have forgotten where a bomb was dropped in Lagos? What sort of plane will that be that will drop a bomb in a city and you are just guessing where it exploded.
That must be a punctured car tyre that nearly killed your mother trust me, Go back and ask her again and this time, demand the truth, some adult tend to big up story like that, just to impress their gullibles. Because if you have witness a 500-1000 pound bomb explode, you can't forget, even if you were born on the day. I can tell you every spot single sport where Nigeria bomb fell in my tiny village and the victim weren't nearly killed, they were torn apart like pieces of meat.

it just show how you do not have regrad for lives

SMH
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 11:25pm On Feb 07, 2011
Katsumoto:

Are you going to let your parents waste their investment in you? Learn to read and comprehend and stop chatting dust.

Learn to stop passing your opinion as facts!
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Katsumoto: 11:25pm On Feb 07, 2011
Onlytruth:

He had to die because the Nigeria of his dreams (for which he risked the lives of millions of Igbo in Nigeria) never existed. It still doesn't exist. If he couldn't figure that out, why did he participate in the coup? undecided

So when problems started as a result of his actions and Ojukwu saved his @55 and kept him alive in the east, he was still scheming to actualize the Nigeria of his dreams without remembering that the train had long left the station. undecided

Nigeria was in deep trouble and he would have been killed by northerners if they got him.

He might have thought he could sabotage Biafra (he believed in Nigeria till his death). I don't believe Ojukwu killed him, but I would understand if he did because for Ojukwu, Nzeogwu was a clueless rascal.  cool

Nzeogwu was killed by Charles Chandler after he (Nzeogwu) was captured doing surveillance on his own. Bizarrely, Chandler himself died the next day.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 07, 2011
Onlytruth:

He might have thought he could sabotage Biafra (he believed in Nigeria till his death). I don't believe Ojukwu killed him, but I would understand if he did because for Ojukwu, Nzeogwu was a clueless rascal.  
Well at least he believed in something worthwhile and he was not a reactionary opportunist like Ojukwu who only thought in terms of Machiavellian live and let die politicking.
Anyway there is no evidence that majority of the coup plotters actually shared Nzeogwu's idealism. I strongly suspect that the likes of Ifeajuna and Onwuategwu were motivated by primordial ethnic and sectional sentiment and lust for power.
So to say that the rebellion of january 1966 was not in every way a tribal one is just an amazing piece of obfuscation.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by T9ksy(m): 11:27pm On Feb 07, 2011
EzeUche_:

Show me the dammn mass graves of Yoruba civilians that were supposedly killed by Biafran troops! angry

We Igbos can show you our mass graves. Just go to Asaba and see how 500 men & boys were butchered in cold blood!

Mass grave ko, mass cementary ni. U guys are so full of BS!!!
Its a fact that Biafran dropped bombs in Lagos.
its a fact that a lot of civilians were killed as a result of these bombs dropped by the rebels.
Its also a fact that most of these civilians (killed) were yorubas.  
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Katsumoto: 11:28pm On Feb 07, 2011
tensor777:

Well at least he believed in something worthwhile and he was not a reactionary opportunist like Ojukwu who only thought in terms of Machiavellian live and let die politicking.
Anyway there is no evidence that majority of the coup plotters actually shared Nzeogwu's idealism. I strongly suspect that the likes of Ifeajuna and Onwuategwu were motivated by primordial ethnic and sectional sentiment and lust for power.
So to say that the rebellion of january 1966 was not in every way a tribal one is just amazing obfuscation.

You are indeed very right. Nzeogwu was recruited two months before the coup. Nzeogwu himself recruited Ademoyega after he was recruited. They were not aware that they tools in a bigger and different plan.

Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Katsumoto: 11:29pm On Feb 07, 2011
I know Eziachi and EzeUche are pretending not to see my post above so I will post it again.

Yes, bombs were dropped. People living in Lagos at that time will readily confirm this. Also, read below

'Keeping this ancient fleet in the air rapidly overwhelmed the Biafrans.  The initial value of these aircraft was the psychological effect they created in the disorganized early stage of the war.  The bombers made harassing attacks on Lagos and the Northern air fields, creating large scale panic with their erratic bombing with homemade munitions.  The helicopters likewise dampened Federal fervor on the battlefield.  Used primarily for reconnaissance, Federal soldiers soon discovered they were not safe when the Alouettes were in the air due either to aerially supported
artillery or mortar attacks, or homemade bombs dropped from the aircraft.  They quickly learned to seek cover when the helicopters were flying.'

Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Chyz2: 11:29pm On Feb 07, 2011
T9ksy:

its a fact that a lot of civilians were killed as a result of these bombs dropped by the rebels.

Proof please? Not going against your argument but I would like to read on that.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by dayokanu(m): 11:29pm On Feb 07, 2011
The coup plotters who were "nationalistic" in ideology couldnt bring themselves to kill Azikwe or Okpara but had the guts to kill other people?

While the kingpin went to take coffee with okpara and Azikwe was conviniently out of the country. Ibo soldiers must have thought other people were fools.

Well, the pogrom is what you get for senseless acts like that.

Yorubas would say atakoro wo inu ado ko le mu omo re lo.

If you think you can perpetrate evil deeds and run, remember your children and family.

Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 11:30pm On Feb 07, 2011
T9ksy:

Source please. I do not enjoy reading hearsay. If this indeed happened, where are the documents to support your nonsense. Biafrans did not kill indiscriminately like Federal troops did. That is why close to 2 million Easterners perished. Mainly, women, children and the elderly.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by dayokanu(m): 11:31pm On Feb 07, 2011
Are people now denying that Biafran soldiers dropped bombs on innocent people in Lagos and killed people in the midwest?

What do we expect at least some of them told us Balewa died of chicken pox, Akintola died of ezcema and Sardauna was killed by mosquitoes

Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 11:32pm On Feb 07, 2011
Katsumoto:

I know Eziachi and EzeUche are pretending not to see my post above so I will post it again.

'Keeping this ancient fleet in the air rapidly overwhelmed the Biafrans.  The initial value of these aircraft was the psychological effect they created in the disorganized early stage of the war.  The bombers made harassing attacks on Lagos and the Northern air fields, creating large scale panic with their erratic bombing with homemade munitions.  The helicopters likewise dampened Federal fervor on the battlefield.  Used primarily for reconnaissance, Federal soldiers soon discovered they were not safe when the Alouettes were in the air due either to aerially supported
artillery or mortar attacks, or homemade bombs dropped from the aircraft.  They quickly learned to seek cover when the helicopters were flying.'

Your own post proves our point. Airfields where federal soldiers were located. Biafrans did not target civilian populations! Our targets were clearly strategic.

That is something your barbaric federal troops could not learn from.

I swear we Igbos are too kind. If given another chance, things would be much different.  angry
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Katsumoto: 11:33pm On Feb 07, 2011
dayokanu:

The coup plotters who were "nationalistic" in ideology couldnt bring themselves to kill Azikwe or Okpara but had the guts to kill other people?

While the kingpin went to take coffee with okpara and Azikwe was conviniently out of the country. Ibo soldiers must have thought other people were fools.

Well, the pogrom is what you get for senseless acts like that.

If you think you can perpetrate evil deeds and run, remember your children and family.

Ode ni gbogbo awa to ku. You dey mind them. The truth stares them in the face, yet they can't accept the facts. Buncha hypocrites.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by olaolabiy: 11:34pm On Feb 07, 2011
dayokanu:

Barry wonder grin
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 11:35pm On Feb 07, 2011
Who crushed the coup people?

It was an Igbo man. Don't you forget that.  angry

And Ironsi in his naivety promoted Hausa & Middle Belt officers. Wrong move. Should of slaughtered them instead. You don't appease the North. You show them bullets. That is the only thing they understand.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Katsumoto: 11:35pm On Feb 07, 2011
EzeUche_:

Your own post proves our point. Airfields where federal soldiers were located. Biafrans did not target civilian populations! Our targets were clearly strategic.

That is something your barbaric federal troops could not learn from.

I swear we Igbos are too kind. If given another chance, things would be much different.  angry

Are you so thick in the head? Did you miss reading LAGOS in that write-up? Or is lagos a military installation? People have told you that they were witnesses and victims to bombs being dropped and you are waiting for proof from the Bible. Oponu
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 07, 2011
EzeUche_:

Source please. I do not enjoy reading hearsay. If this indeed happened, where are the documents to support your nonsense. Biafrans did not kill indiscriminately like Federal troops did. That is why close to 2 million Easterners perished. Mainly, women, children and the elderly.
And you think they perished from indiscriminate bombing rather than because of Ojukwu's self serving posturing over the distribution of food aid.
The blame for most of the civilian deaths that did occur should be placed at the doorstep of Ojukwu himself who decided to play political games over the issue.
Re: Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. by EzeUche2(m): 11:36pm On Feb 07, 2011
Katsumoto:

Are you so thick in the head? Did you miss reading LAGOS in that write-up? Or is lagos a military installation? People have told you that they were witnesses and victims to bombs being dropped and you are waiting for proof from the Bible. Oponu

EWU! I have yet to see any sources that said that a lot of civilians lost their lives in the West or North, because of Biafran air raids. Where are your sources?

Show us you bloody fool!

As Americans would say, either put up or shut up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (43) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Modern Kiosk/shopswere Provided By Lagos State Govt / Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) / "Tosin Saraki Marrying A Christian Man Is A Sin" - Muslim Facebook User

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83