Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse (58092 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal / Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Area4Area: 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2020
Myer:

The problem is that people do not read their bibles. Hosea 4:6

That's why they are tossed everywhere by the crafty doctrines of men. Ephesians 4:14

Yes, not tithing used to attract curses on the Jews. Malachi 3:8-9

But the blood of Jesus redeemed all from the curses of the law. Galatians 3:13-14

Now you give willingly and cheerfully. 2 Corinthians 9:6-8

Not because there's any financial curse to it.
So many financially successfull non-Christians and even Christians don't tithe but give as they will.

Oyedepo is one of the biggest corrupted prosperity preachers who has exalted the love of money above God. 1 Timothy 6:5-10
Virtually all his messages are based on faith in tithes and seed sowing for financial prosperity, not faith in Jesus Christ.

The lockdown continues to expose these wolves in sheep clothing profiting of the gullible masses. Matthew 7:15-17

The irony is they invite you to their church with the message of salvation from every sin and curse.
But when you become a member the message changes. All of a sudden you're not completely saved and you are cursed if you do not pay tithes.

That's why most Christians pay tithes out of fear and not cheerful heart.
God bless you for this and more oil in your brain.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Onucs(m): 2:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
is dangote paying his tithe to you then?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by FatherOfJesus: 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2020
Oyedepo hasn’t given me my share of the tithes ever since even after sending him my bank details. Just letting you know.

Signed: God

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Globad(f): 3:06pm On Jul 18, 2020
silverkings:
There is tithe in new testament

Please quote the place
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by StUriah(m): 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2020
Uhm!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Nwagod26: 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2020
Africa's greatest pandemic which is now so endemic is religion... COVID 19 will soon be a thing of the past,but RELIGION 001 may be so difficult to deal with

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Olamilekan08(m): 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2020
Standing5:
:
Isn't Malachi 3:10-11 where devourers were promised to be rebuked supporting the bishop's submission ?

Kobojunkie:
No, it does not support your bishops claim at all. Because even if we were still under the old covenant( only the gentile foreigners that lived among the jews were even considered for the old Covenant by the way), Malachi was an oracle to those who had access to the storehouse in the temple and that was the priests, not the people of Israel.
Plus foreigners were not specified for tithing according to the old covenant, you can read the book of Numbers on the specifics of that too.

In fact anyone who still thinks he/she should still live according to the old Covenant ought to read and understand the details of the old covenant written in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy, to at least have a good idea of what they have supposedly signed up for.

One example that quickly comes to my mind is Deuteronomy Chapter 14. Verse 26 even says that the Israelite can buy whatever they desire with the tithe after converting it to money and enjoy themselves with it if they are not able to pay the tithe because of long journey.

Another thing to be thankful of that Christian is not under the law covenant is they fact that they are not longer under death penalty which of course if these so called men of God emphasised as they do with tithe, they would have asked for the stoning to death of any member that did work on a Sabbath day as Exodus 31:14 and Numbers 15:35.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by openmine(m): 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2020
gift2xl:
Christ said, I have not come to do away with the laws, but to strengthened them all.

knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of private interpretation. 2 Peter 1:20

Hebrews 7:18-19

18 The old rule is now ended because it was weak and worthless. 19 The Law of Moses could not make anything perfect. But now a better hope has been given to us. And with that hope we can come near to God.

The former way of doing things, a system of commandments that never worked out the way it was supposed to, was set aside; the law brought nothing to maturity. Another way—Jesus!—a way that does work, that brings us right into the presence of God, is put in its place.

18 For, on the one hand, a former commandment is cancelled because of its weakness and uselessness [because of its inability to justify the sinner before God] 19 (for the Law never made anything perfect); while on the other hand a better hope is introduced through which we now continually draw near to God.

18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2020
Olamilekan08:

One example that quickly comes to my mind is Deuteronomy Chapter 14. Verse 26 even says that the Israelite can buy whatever they desire with the tithe after converting it to money and enjoy themselves with it if they are not able to pay the tithe because of long journey.
Yes, people were expected to party with their tithe during the first and second year. It was only on the third year, they were required to pay it to the designated Levite.

Imagine that, God in fact wanted His people to have parties with their saved up tithes during the first 2 years but compare that with what men have created claiming to be God's tithing plan. It's despicable!

Olamilekan08:

Another thing to be thankful of that Christian is not under the law covenant is they fact that they are not longer under death penalty which of course if these so called men of God emphasised as they do with tithe, they would have asked for the stoning to death of any member that did work on a Sabbath day as Exodus 31:14 and Numbers 15:35.
The Old Covenant does not come with a promise of eternal life either. It took Jesus's own sacrifice to save us from the requirement of the Old Covenant and what has He asked in return? That we take on his light yoke (about 46 commandments) and his easy burden(deny self and carry our own cross) instead.

Yet many continue to ignore Him pretending they can partake of the eternal life and blessings He offers even as they continue to reject His offer and His promises through their disobedience.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by cococandy(f): 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2020
Lmao
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by TeetoEsq(m): 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2020
So people who are not Christians that are making it around the world are under curse because they are not paying tithes?

This is absolute trash from a trash speaker

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Lukuluku69(m): 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2020
hayzed1090:

Paying zakat which is similar to tithe is compulsory for every muslim that has attained a certain level of wealth . However the money is not necessarily taken by imams, just look around for the less privilege. As such, dangote must pay zakat as a muslim

In principle, Zakat and Tithe looks alike (as they are both Tax on a Believer) but detailed examination shows that they are not the same.

Do you know that a Muslim can spend a 100years on earth and yet not pay the Zakat for once? Zakat is levied (2 1/2%) on your unspent wealth/earning in a year and not 10% of your Income.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by mydeporch(f): 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2020
ayanbaba2:

just like nccf... na 2k be the tithe instead of #1,960.

I just dey laugh anytime I remember the kind "treatment" the "state Papa" and other excos dey "enjoy".

Religion shaaaaaaaaa!
���������

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by hayzed1090: 4:21pm On Jul 18, 2020
Lukuluku69:

In principle, Zakat and Tithe looks alike (as they are both Tax on a Believer) but detailed examination shows that they are not the same.

Do you know that a Muslim can spend a 100years on earth and yet not pay the Zakat for once? Zakat is levied (2 1/2%) on your unspent wealth/earning in a year and not 10% of your Income.

I already mentioned that it is based on the rate of earning.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by TiglathPILESER: 4:28pm On Jul 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

This man is desperate to see that his kingdom comes , at the expense of the Kingdom of Heaven.
its obvious ur understanding is not wired to see what he means
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Jul 18, 2020
TiglathPILESER:
its obvious ur understanding is not wired to see what he means
I see his many lies...lies told in the name of God to lure away God's sheep in order to build his kingdom.. do you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by ayanbaba2(m): 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2020
mydeporch:
���������

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by TiglathPILESER: 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I see his many lies...lies told in the name of God to lure away God's sheep in order to build his kingdom.. do you?
Kobojunkie He is talking to someone not you. There is a man that ought to be in wealth by now, that man is crawling in penury. Asides that, no one successfully builds any organization on the foundation of lies that spanned/spanning decades in growth without collapsing due to false teachings. Not one! There must be a day of reckon! Since you know kindgom principles better, run one lets see how you will turn out.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by ThugBoy(m): 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2020
Money Money matter pastor! Using bible to collect from the poor! Spit
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by moonraker(m): 5:00pm On Jul 18, 2020
I agree with him. Except i dont need to pay my tithe to the church.

I would rather use my tithe to help someone in need or give it to charity.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Investnow2017: 5:07pm On Jul 18, 2020
Nooil:

Explain Mathew 23:23

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.
As at the time Jesus made this statement,the Mosaic law was still in operation. But Jesus death put an end to the law. Hence Paul the apostle rightly said at Romans 10:4 that "Christ is the end of the law". With a new covenant validated by his blood, the law given through Moses ended. Because that law was to prepare the nation of Israel to receive the Messiah.
Hence today we are not judged if we do not observe the Sabbath, make animal sacrifices, including the paying of TITHE.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2020
TiglathPILESER:
Kobojunkie He is talking to someone not you. There is a man that ought to be in wealth by now, that man is crawling in penury.
Given as Tithing is defined as part of the Old Covenant, and that agreement was made between God and the descendents of Israel, how can anyone who is not born of Israel become richby following it, let alone following man's tithing formulae instead of God's own well-designed Tithing Formulae which you can read about in the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy? undecided

Yes, to clearly understand God's tithing formulae, you have to read all 4 books at least, from start to finish.

And understand God will never give yhe blessing He set aside for His people Israel to anyone, even you. So how does anyone, not a descendant of Jacob gain anything from following an agreement made out for Israel? undecided
Let alone from following an unholy corruption of the idea as you have and follow in your world-churches today? undecided
TiglathPILESER:

Asides that, no one successfully builds any organization on the foundation of lies that spanned/spanning decades in growth without collapsing due to false teachings. Not one! There must be a day of reckon! Since you know kindgom principles better, run one lets see how you will turn out.
Actually, The world-churches you have today werr built on doctrines and traditions of men, against the teachings of Jesus Christ. The Roman world-churches from which your protestant world-churches come from was itself founded on lies and deceit of men, and more than 1700 years later, it is still thriving, so what makes you think a protestant offshoot of the Roman world-church, which is less than 100 could not thrive on lies and deceit? undecided

What kingdom principles do you refer to? that which apply to kingdom of men as we see it in the world-churches?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Lukuluku69(m): 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2020
hayzed1090:
[/b]

I already mentioned that it is based on the rate of earning.

Not your earnings but your unspent/saved earnings. Do you see the difference now? If say I earn 10m per year, Tithe says 1m is to be Tithed. Zakat says levy the remainders AFTER my expenses (bills and co) and if nothing remains, then I am free for that year of Zakat. Tithe does not work way.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2020
Investnow2017:

As at the time Jesus made this statement,the Mosaic law was still in operation. But Jesus death put an end to the law. Hence Paul the apostle rightly said at Romans 10:4 that "Christ is the end of the law". With a new covenant validated by his blood, the law given through Moses ended. Because that law was to prepare the nation of Israel to receive the Messiah.
Hence today we are not judged if we do not observe the Sabbath, make animal sacrifices, including the paying of TITHE.

So everything Jesus said we should do passed away at His death too?

When Abraham and Jacob gave one-tenth, were they part of the mosaic law?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Lukuluku69(m): 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Given as Tithing is defined as part of the Old Covenant, and that agreement was made between God and the descendents of Israel, how can anyone who is not born of Israel become richby following it, let alone following man's tithing formulae instead of God's own well-designed Tithing Formulae which you can read about in the books of Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy? undecided

Yes, to clearly understand God's tithing formulae, you have to read all 4 books at least, from start to finish.

And understand God will never give yhe blessing He set aside for His people Israel to anyone, even you. So how does anyone, not a descendant of Jacob gain anything from following an agreement made out for Israel? undecided
Let alone from following an unholy corruption of the idea as you have and follow in your world-churches today? undecided

Actually, The world-churches you have today werr built on doctrines and traditions of men, against the teachings of Jesus Christ. The Roman world-churches from which your protestant world-churches come from was itself founded on lies and deceit of men, and more than 1700 years later, it is still thriving, so what makes you think a protestant offshoot of the Roman world-church, which is less than 100 could not thrive on lies and deceit? undecided

What kingdom principles do you refer to? that which apply to kingdom of men as we see it in the world-churches?

There are still Men of Truth in this World. You are one of them.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by hayzed1090: 5:24pm On Jul 18, 2020
Lukuluku69:

Not your earnings but your unspent/saved earnings. Do you see the difference now? If say I earn 10m per year, Tithe says 1m is to be Tithed. Zakat says levy the remainders AFTER my expenses (bills and co) and if nothing remains, then I am free for that year of Zakat. Tithe does not work way.

Ok. So what's your point ? That dangote dont pay zakat or zakat is not compulsory for muslims ?. And are you a Muslim?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2020
Lukuluku69:

There are still Men of Truth in this World. You are one of them.
One problem with that though.

In Jesus Christ, there are no Men or Women of God. undecided

There are only Children of God and Jesus Christ is the first born Son of God. grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Lukuluku69(m): 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2020
hayzed1090:

Ok. So what's your point ? That dangote dont pay zakat or zakat is not compulsory for muslims ?. And are you a Muslim?

Just clarifying the point you raised when you compared Tithe and Zakat. Zakat is compulsory for Muslims but ONLY for Muslims with certain amount of Wealth unlike Tithe that says pay Tenth of whatever one earns.

Of cos Dangote should pay the Zakat because he has stored wealth and yes I am a Muslim.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Lukuluku69(m): 5:36pm On Jul 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
One problem with that though.

In Jesus Christ, there are no Men or Women of God. undecided

There are only Children of God and Jesus Christ is the first born Son of God. grin

I know we have that difference and we (Muslims) have been told to leave off that point with Men like you till the Day of Judgement when All Accounts will be settled.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2020
Lukuluku69:

I know we have that difference and we (Muslims) have been told to leave off that point with Men like you till the Day of Judgement when All Accounts will be settled.
grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by hayzed1090: 6:01pm On Jul 18, 2020
Lukuluku69:

Just clarifying the point you raised when you compared Tithe and Zakat. Zakat is compulsory for Muslims but ONLY for Muslims with certain amount of Wealth unlike Tithe that says pay Tenth of whatever one earns.

Of cos Dangote should pay the Zakat because he has stored wealth and yes I am a Muslim.

You have been repeating what I said.. let put it better , you have only explained my point. I was only trying to clarify the man i quoted.
Tithe is to christians while zakat to muslims, but ofcourse the condition guiding the collection and usage is different.

Am a Muslim too.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Lukuluku69(m): 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2020
hayzed1090:

You have been repeating what I said.. let put it better , you have only explained my point. I was only trying to clarify the man i quoted.
Tithe is to christians while zakat to muslims, but ofcourse the condition guiding the collection and usage is different.

Am a Muslim too.

Alright then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Spiritual Battle Between Pastor & Herbalist In Ghana - PICS / Folakemi Kuforiji Dances Gbe Body / Zanku Legwork In Church / Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.