Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,040 members, 7,814,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse (58080 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal / Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by NACE13: 11:55am On Jul 18, 2020
AIM1109:
Matthew 23:23 KJV
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
.......For ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

What's the essence of tithe you are paying to the church and a lot of widows and orphans are in your church lacking.

Thank you very much for this. The pastor of the church I attend asked me two months ago if I have paid my tithe, and I said to myself, "During this lockdown when business isn't going too good, you still asking if I have paid my tithe". I told him no, I rather sent the money to a friend whose source of income is based on his daily earning, and he(the pastor) asked why did I do that, that I should have paid the money to church first, then tell the church to send assistance to that my friend.

I finally concluded this man is just after money. Since then, I stopped paying my tithe, I'd rather give it to someone who needs it more.

These men should stopped using indirect means to threaten us. I am happy people have finally started seeing things straight, thanks to this pandemic.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by doublecross(m): 11:57am On Jul 18, 2020
he is a b*stard!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Mayeldah(m): 12:00pm On Jul 18, 2020
I am a Christian and I believe in the law of sowing and receiving. But that as the bible said must not be done out of pressure from another and neither is it a command under the dispensation of grace.

Pau gave a better unserstanding of this, he said let everyone purpose in his heart what he wants to give and not out of necessity. Since the day Jesus died and rose, the law of tithing is no more binding on us. However, if a man decides to give to God a percentage of his income monthly and he does it willingly, God will bless him. So under grace, there is neither a 10% or 20% or 5% command. whatever you Give to God, he will accept and bless you accordingly, remember, he that soweth sparingly shall receive sparingly.

If you don't pay tithe, no curse will follow you. Jesus came to reconcile men to God and not to make them millionaires. The reality is that statistics don't lie. Look around you, there are faithful tithe payers that are still poor and broke, also if you look aroound, there are rich men and women whose waelth are clean and genuine that have never paid a tithe in their life.

So preach christ and his message of salvation and not prosperity message!

6 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by xamuell: 12:01pm On Jul 18, 2020
Andrew13:
grin this man is always in the news for the wrong reasons.

I know people who have been paying tithe for years now. Guess whatttt.......they are still stagnant angry undecided

''Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse".....he should tell this to the Chinese man that made the microphone he is using to talk trash undecided

Religion is Africa no 1 problem cheesy
Even food can be a problem when combined wrongly

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Rodwave: 12:03pm On Jul 18, 2020
Golan007:

No heaven for you be dat.

Lol.. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by xamuell: 12:04pm On Jul 18, 2020
dazzlingd:
Idiotic old fool speaking
I don't support him but if for nothing, respect the fact that he's old.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by hansmond93: 12:07pm On Jul 18, 2020
As a Christian, there are some truth you have to know, the Devil is the god of this World. When u give ur life to Christ, u are personally declaring the devil as your enemy as you accept Jesus as your Lord. The devil remains the god of this world, and infact he holds the prosperity of this World, that was why he could tempt Jesus to bow to him and promised to give Jesus the whole riches of the World.
Luke 4:5 - 7.

Jesus complemented the Jews for receiving tithes, He said they should have done it...Mat 23:23....i guess u can argue that the pharisees and scribes were Jews but Jesus gave His Okay.

Hebrews 7:8 also shed some light about tithing, about how our tithes are received by God.

You also have to know that coming under a curse does not necessarily have to be from God, nothing we do or don't do changes/affects God, God tells us to do things so that Satan does not have access to us, God is the God of all creations and He is Faithful, once u don't do what He says, u can leave yourself open to an attack from the enemy. Whether u pay tithe or not doesn't change God, it doesn't even affect ur Salvation but not paying makes the devil have a field day on ur finances. It's simple, u want ur finances protected from the evil one, u want God to keep enlarging your coast, you want your income secure, pay your tithes.

Pls, never compare a believer to a non-believer, devil doesn't care about an unbeliever, they are all under his domain, he can afflict them with anything he wants at anytime because they are in darkness and under his dominion. A non-believer might be fornicating and still be enjoying his life, a fornicating Christian would never have a strong relationship with Jesus and he/she would know something is wrong. The Devil would have a field day on his inheritances in Christ Jesus. This is how the devil does his mission of killing, Destruction and stealing.... John 10:10. He did the same to Adam, making him sin(disobey) against God and stealing all of Adam's control and Power, Adam was the god of this World but lost it when the devil made him sin, devil said in luke 4:6 that the glory of this world was delivered to him. We definitely know that God gave Adam dominion of everything He created and not the devil but Adam delivered it to the devil through sin.
Sin/disobedience of God's instructions makes us vulnerable/lose out to the devil.

The fact that Bill Gates, Dangote and the likes don't pay tithes and they are rich doesn't matter because they are not Christians, the Devil can mess with them anytime, anybody not saved is under the dominion of the Devil.
See Ephesians 2: 1-3...before we were born again, the Devil was in charge of our life.
See Colossians 1:13.....we were under the power(dominion) of darkness before delivered, the devil could do absolutely anything he wants to people in darkness, he's their lord.

As a Christian, Personally, I believe giving is more important, infact, giving more than our tithes, we see in the new testament how the gentiles were giving to the Saints in Jerusalem, we saw how early Christians sold their lands and laid the money at the apostles feet so that distribution could be done to the poor.

If u can't even tithe 10% of your income, which Jesus calls the unrighteousness mammon(worldly wealth) in Luke 16:11, how can u now be entrusted with the true riches of God's kingdom?
If u believe in giving to God, I personally don't see why tithing would be difficult for u to do.

Lastly, why don't people mind their own business, people that are paying tithe ain't complaining, how come people that are not paying are affected? Is it your money? Also, do u think tithers are stupid? Do u think some ain't more educated than u? Do u think some ain't wiser than u?
The Science u trust in can't even agree on an explanation for the human Mind that has been with us since we started existing, can't properly explain Consciousness and many more other things. This World is far more Spiritual than it is Physical.

How come things work in the Church? Churches have the best Schools, 24/7 electricity, good roads, Churches bring foreigners to this Country the most, if not that our govt is stupid, instead of fighting the church, why not benefit from the Church with stuffs like church visa where foreigners can apply for Nigerian Visa based on getting a sort of paper or form from churches where they intend to visit.

If not for Churches that started missionary Schools, most of yall would be illiterates. Why are things working in the Church and the Country is bad? And dumb educated fools would still be shouting? Govt is collecting your tax monthly and u can't call out the govt but churches can be called out for their teachings on tithing. Something that's not by force, u pay your tithe, u don't pay, nobody cares in Church, nobody discriminates, u are all welcome.
Covenant University that was established in 2002 is ranked by the times higher education as number 4 University in Africa with UI, the closest Nigerian University coming in 8th position. Don't u think if the Church was the govt, things would be different?

If u think Christians are that stupid or gullible, please start your own church and let's see how many people will attend..

If your total generation's impact plus ur impact is as Great as Bishop David Oyedepo, then u can continue dissing him but otherwise I simply ask that u be wise and think, 'what has this man done that I and my generations have not done'?
Respect the man, the power of the Flesh can't achieve what the man has achieved biko.

I don't even want to start listing Supernatural things that has happened to people in the Church, those are too much to list, do I start with myself or do I start with how a friend of mine that was poisoned through his alcohol drink, got healed in the Church when even his parents gave up on him, his mother was a nurse mind u. Nobody laid hands on him.
Do I continue with how a woman with terminal cancer that was placed at the entrance of the church suddenly stood up and became healed after some hours while service was on without anybody praying for her?

Pls, my Christian brothers and sisters, we are not of this world, the Bible says a natural man cannot receive the things of God, it is foolishness unto them.
Don't let them dissuade u from paying tithes, it's a Covenant that commits God to your finances. It is for your sole benefit, I would just ask that u follow biblical rules of giving when paying your tithes,
Give it to God cheerfully,
Give it to God in Faith, knowing fully well that as u play your path, God is committed to His path in the Covenant.
Give it in Love, give it because u love God, u want to see His kingdom expand, u care about His kingdom, His affairs.

The first American Billionaire in history was a tither from his first pay check, John D Rockerfeller.... Christians that engage God's Covenant end up setting up new records. Eyes have not seen nor ears heard, neither has it entered the heart of men, what God has in store for them that love Him.
Loving God is obeying His commandments...1John 5:3

Let's relax brethrens, everything is for our God and in turn for his sons and daughters....
May God bless all the true Churches of Christ in Nigeria,
May God bless all the true men of God in Nigeria,
May God bless the Living Faith Church,
May God bless Bishop David Oyedepo!!!!
In Jesus mighty name.
AMEN!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by dazzlingd(m): 12:08pm On Jul 18, 2020
xamuell:
I don't support him but if for nothing, respect the fact that he's old.

And what has old age has to do with respect...

There are old men who have made the world a terrible place....we don't respect such old men

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by chris4grace: 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2020
Hunt27:
Presiding Bishop of Living Faith Church Worldwide popularly known as Winners’ Chapel International, David Oyedepo, via his Twitter account has stated that people who don’t pay tithe are “under a financial curse” and can never prosper.

LORD JESUS PLS HELP ME TO BE 100% FAITHFUL TO TITHING..

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidOyedepoMin/status/1283693102822125568
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Gullah: 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2020
I know there are many views on tithing because it's not found in the new testament. I myself am not 100% sure if it's still relevant to our times but I do pay my tithes because it's better to err on God's side than to err away from Him.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Gullah: 12:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
dazzlingd:

And what has old age has to do with respect...

There are old men who have made the world a terrible place....we don't respect such old men
Is oyedepo one of those men who have made the world a terrible place?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by MamaSTAND: 12:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
Fulfiler of 2Timothy 3: 4,5.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by biggy26: 12:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
Standing5:
Isn't Malachi 3:10-11 where devourers were promised to be rebuked supporting the bishop's submission ?
Wrong representation
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by charlesm91(m): 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2020
Mayeldah:
I am a Christian and I believe in the law of sowing and receiving. But that as the bible said must not be done out of pressure from another and neither is it a command under the dispensation of grace.

Pau gave a better unserstanding of this, he said let everyone purpose in his heart what he wants to give and not out of necessity. Since the day Jesus died and rose, the law of tithing is no more binding on us. However, if a man decides to give to God a percentage of his income monthly and he does it willingly, God will bless him. So under grace, there is neither a 10% or 20% or 5% command. whatever you Give to God, he will accept and bless you accordingly, remember, he that soweth sparingly shall receive sparingly.

If you don't pay tithe, no curse will follow you. Jesus came to reconcile men to God and not to make them millionaires. The reality is that statistics don't lie. Look around you, there are faithful tithe payers that are still poor and broke, also if you look aroound, there are rich men and women whose waelth are clean and genuine that have never paid a tithe in their life.

So preach christ and his message of salvation and not prosperity message!

This is perfect!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by dazzlingd(m): 12:26pm On Jul 18, 2020
Gullah:

Is oyedepo one of those men who have made the world a terrible place?

Yes he has and he is, a terror scam artist with illusional promises.....wolf in sheep clothing giving thousands of people fake hopes and eating fat from the gullible.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by igbowoman: 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2020
If tithing makes you rich how come no body has become a millionaire by tithing.
How come you are working for a non tithing employer?
How come the list of forbes richest millionaires doesnt have tithers on it
Why are you in lack?
Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by MamaSTAND: 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2020
Hummmm
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by ayanbaba2(m): 12:44pm On Jul 18, 2020
saxywale1:

They don't care. Lol.
They can convince you to sell your properties or borrow money to to pay as tithes.

When I was at Universities, jobless students were paying 10% of their pocket money to campus fellowships. The money gets forwarded to the church headquarters.

Whenever the fellowship needs money and make a request from the headquarters, the students would get a reply that they should generate funds amongst themselves. You can imagine.

just like nccf... na 2k be the tithe instead of #1,960.

I just dey laugh anytime I remember the kind "treatment" the "state Papa" and other excos dey "enjoy".

Religion shaaaaaaaaa!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by apatheticme(f): 12:50pm On Jul 18, 2020
Commonsense99:
grin
This is emotional blackmail., It doesn't work that way people are waking up.
Western Europe did not develope with this mentality, China who borrows money to the whole world does not go to church, the richest Arabs don't pay tithe, they are even moslems, Dangote does not pay tithe, the world's richest men do not pay tithe, most are even atheist, all these people are not under financial curse.

Reality is you are under financial curse if you don't have any occupation or Productive cool
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Tumbulum: 1:03pm On Jul 18, 2020
And the man who made twitter that he is using to say all these is a tither abi?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 1:05pm On Jul 18, 2020
chariisGRACE:

The books of the bible you mentioned are many.

The book of Hebrews 7 will summarize everything.
No, Hebrews 7 does not summarize the old Covenant law at all. It does not even come close.

The truth is, the entire book of Hebrews is Paul's argument to the Jewish Christians against their following the Old Covenant. He wanted to convince them to stop following the old and embrace fully the new.

But as you can see, to this day, that message is still not heeded even by those who are not even born Jews.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2020
If I have been paying tithe expecting a big blessing, I would have stopped since because looking (with the physical eye) at my life since I started paying tithe, I've not seen floods of blessing.

But has it stopped me from paying my tithe? No! Because I know tithing is my responsibility, a duty to God. I can reach to the needy with my tithe, without having to be the one giving them. I ensure there is food in the house of God. And above all, I'm honoring God.

When I expect something from God, I go to Him in prayers. I pray and fast. I pray without ceasing. I disturb Him, because He is my heavenly father, and I have the right to ask good things from Him. I don't just go and pay tithe and expect mountains to move. No. It's only faith that moves mountains, not tithe. If I am so restless, I'll rather sow a seed, and not pay tithe.

Tithing is an obligation, not an expectation for blessings.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by dubezra: 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2020
The way people just reacted to this post makes me realize these:
(1)Alot of Nigerian Christians don't pay tithe -and thats why you have people who love God but are not financially stable.Because they have refuse to use the key (tithe) to unluck there financial stability Luke 16:11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
(2)People don't understand tighting (my people perish for lack of knowledge ).I understand that there is financial hardship at the moment-and this anointed man of God is showing you a mystery to use, so as to exempt yourself from hardship.But no ~ my salary has been slashed by half;so I will not pay tithe so that i will be okay- parvertion from hell!.
(3)This man is not hungry and will never be hungry till he transit out of this world.He was addressing the body of Christ entirely and not just his congregation.
Testimony:I am a Private school teacher-since march no salary -I have always been a tighter-Since April have been doing a certain lesson,that pays not up to my salary-still tithed from that wages~next week i am starting another home lesson ~If i add d 2 wages, it will now be bigger than my salary per month.Saints, please don't yield to the way of carnally minded people : For to be carnally minded is dead, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.Amen

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Vmoses(m): 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
The fact still remains as much as u are not in agreement with sth or someine shouldn't make u foolish ... Those of u lashing n showing ur foolishness do u pay tithe, if u don't, keep shut!!! .The ones paying the tithe are we complaining.

See its d blessings of God that makes rich.

Don't incure a curse on ur life, generations and destiny by speaking ill of his anointed...
A word is enough for the wise
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Fulcrum15: 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2020
Criminal!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by leykelvin: 1:58pm On Jul 18, 2020
This man should be ashame of himself coming up with this kind of talk. You are nothing but fake and dubious. I wonder the kind of Conscience you have in the name of God trying every now and then to deceive and dupe your fellow human being. shame shame
God save us from you and your likes.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by AmuDimpka: 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

This man is desperate to see that his kingdom comes , at the expense of the Kingdom of Heaven.
lol
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 2:07pm On Jul 18, 2020
Chris4sur:

Read this and share with your fellow Christians
I hate to tell you this but it has to be said. Your claim that your mother tithes and it works for her is a lie, because your mother does not tithe according to what God commanded. So for the sake of her everlasting soul, i suggest you open that bible to learn what tithing really is, how it works and how your mother can do it right.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
Nooil:
If I have been paying tithe expecting a big blessing, I would have stopped since because looking (with the physical eye) at my life since I started paying tithe, I've not seen floods of blessing.

But has it stopped me from paying my tithe? No! Because I know tithing is my responsibility, a duty to God. I can reach to the needy with my tithe, without having to be the one giving them. I ensure there is food in the house of God. And above all, I'm honoring God.

When I expect something from God, I go to Him in prayers. I pray and fast. I pray without ceasing. I disturb Him, because He is my heavenly father, and I have the right to ask good things from Him. I don't just go and pay tithe and expect mountains to move. No. It's only faith that moves mountains, not tithe. If I am so restless, I'll rather sow a seed, and not pay tithe.

Tithing is an obligation, not an expectation for blessings.
You have not been paying Tithe according to how God commanded it. What you have been doing has not been according to God because God's design for tithing is far from what you call tithing in Nigeria
And you know how God is about His thing, He will never accept that which is not of Him.and will never compromise or change His commandments for anything.

At least if you choose to continue tithing as you do today, know that God is against it because it is not even according to what He instructed. What you do when you pay tithe according to man's formulae instead of God's formulae is tantamount to Idolatry... for you choose man over God as lord over you.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by jojogirlx: 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
cheesy
Razzness:
These are the kind of things babalawo tell their victims in nollywood movies. Not every fraudster carries a laptop, some carry bible.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
Gullah:
I know there are many views on tithing because it's not found in the new testament. I myself am not 100% sure if it's still relevant to our times but I do pay my tithes because it's better to err on God's side than to err away from Him.
But by paying tithe according to the doctrine of man and not God's law, you are still where you started from, nowhere closer to God.

Open your eyes to learn what God really says He wants you to do as far as tithing is concerned.

Then you can indeed claim you do what you do for God. Because by following man's way and not God's way of tithing, what you do is tantamount to idol worship.. in this way you worship men over God.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by hayzed1090: 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2020
Commonsense99:
grin
This is emotional blackmail., It doesn't work that way people are waking up.
Western Europe did not develope with this mentality, China who borrows money to the whole world does not go to church, the richest Arabs don't pay tithe, they are even moslems, Dangote does not pay tithe, the world's richest men do not pay tithe, most are even atheist, all these people are not under financial curse.

Reality is you are under financial curse if you don't have any occupation or Productive cool

Paying zakat which is similar to tithe is compulsory for every muslim that has attained a certain level of wealth . However the money is not necessarily taken by imams, just look around for the less privilege. As such, dangote must pay zakat as a muslim

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge And Online Nudity / Spiritual Battle Between Pastor & Herbalist In Ghana - PICS / Folakemi Kuforiji Dances Gbe Body / Zanku Legwork In Church

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.