Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife (74818 Views)

Similoluwa, Sister Of Ooni’s Wife 'Steals Show' With Backside At Royal Event / Three Generations Of Ooni Of Ife And Their Rolls-royces (PHOTOS) / Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by JuanDeDios: 7:04pm On Jul 18, 2020
HigherEd:
Wow so they still do these things.
Do what exactly? Hang a late Ooni's picture on the wall and say he came out of his tomb to see you?
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 18, 2020
stockbear:

This child doesn't know jazz,hes calling it vegetable
He's spirit went back to his creator God, it sealed there and can't return yeye jazz
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by JuanDeDios: 7:06pm On Jul 18, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
Good. I hope the Ooni focusses on reviving and preaching traditional religion to the masses as well. Its his duty.
Well, shebi he's a Christian.
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by omoadeleye(m): 7:08pm On Jul 18, 2020
Maybe, hologram was being displayed. grin
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by AreaFada2: 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2020
Invoking spirits is an ancient art. It's done in many places.

Even King Saul saw the spirit of Prophet Samuel invoked by the witch Doctor at Endor in the Bible.

But these are things not to be toyed with.

1 Like

Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by PaulDasilva(m): 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Matthew 6:24: No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
You've only quoted a fraction of the scripture. Mammon is NOT the devil per se. It is the spirit behind money and material things which can make people love money/material things above God. You'll see that if you read beyond verse 24, Jesus counseled against always being obsessed about "what to eat, drink & how one would dress". All these are linked back to money, and when pursued OBSESSIVELY, God is no more a priority, then it can be said that one is worshipping Mammon.

3 Likes

Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by shegra58: 7:13pm On Jul 18, 2020
Standing5:
Nonsense! Are kings really special after death or immortal?. In first Samuel 28. Saul too consulted the witch to call Prophet Samuels's spirit, so does that make the person whose spirit is being summoned immortal? No and Nonsense.

Let them summon all the dead northern emir's spirits and ask for where oil is to save us expensive exploration cost. Same thing also for minerals.

Nonsense.
First Samuel ko Second Peter ni
Must you quote Bible in everything
Nonsense and religion
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by ymstar(m): 7:13pm On Jul 18, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Why would they ask them where oil is?? Does being a spirit after death make you all-knowing
Thumb up
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by ymstar(m): 7:15pm On Jul 18, 2020
OhISeeCars100:
Necromancer
Indeed
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by Lukuluku69(m): 7:15pm On Jul 18, 2020
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 18, 2020
Standing5:
Nonsense! Are kings really special after death or immortal?. In first Samuel 28. Saul too consulted the witch to call Prophet Samuels's spirit, so does that make the person whose spirit is being summoned immortal? No and Nonsense.

Let them summon all the dead northern emir's spirits and ask for where oil is to save us expensive exploration cost. Same thing also for minerals.

Nonsense.

Your hypocrisy is astonishing
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by ymstar(m): 7:18pm On Jul 18, 2020
PaulDasilva:
You've only quoted a fraction of the scripture. Mammon is NOT the devil per se. It is the spirit behind money and material things which can make people love money/material things above God. You'll see that if you read beyond verse 24, Jesus counseled against always being obsessed about "what to eat, drink & how one would dress". All these are linked back to money, and when pursued OBSESSIVELY, God is no more a priority, then it can be said that one is worshipping Mammon.
Correct

1 Like

Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by freshboi88: 7:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
Hope the dead ooni didn't take covid-19 to the other side.
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by Thetruthalways: 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
HigherEd:
Post on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCOy5dWDKla/?igshid=1xlxhfw6hdj1m
Out of the Tomb?...
Where is he then...
So people still practice these useless traditions...
Fucking superstitious believe...
Mtcheeeww
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by kingxsamz(m): 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2020
Nice... That's the spirit on blue top and nose mask at the left side.
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by ThatFairGuy: 7:24pm On Jul 18, 2020
who has died has died. They're faced with consequences of what they lived Earth to do

1 Like

Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by najighjighpaul: 7:24pm On Jul 18, 2020
https://www.coinex.com/account/signup?refer_code=6er85&lang=en_US earn Crypto currencies with just this click for free
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by Keji1012(m): 7:24pm On Jul 18, 2020
tillaman:
Na this kind scene I dey like witness firsthand I no dey like to hear am alone I Wish say I dey there make I follow ONI Aderemi relate based on 1 or 2

Based on hushpuppy issue shey?..lol
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by Thereishel: 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2020
Which Oba Adesoji Aderemi? The Bible says it's appointed unto man to die once after this is Judgement Hebrew 9: 27. It's not the decreased king himself don't be deceived it was a demonic spirit that put on the image of deceased Oba Adesoji.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by SeriouslySense(m): 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2020
I have not gone to the world beyound death so i cannot say what it is like, only in books, we were told of what it could be.

I am curious how they summoned these spirits and its like a heritage culture and how can it benefits society.
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by tillaman(m): 7:27pm On Jul 18, 2020
Keji1012:

Based on hushpuppy issue shey?..lol
odogwu, you too sabi
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by illicit(m): 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
Why is there a penis in front of his crown grin

Thank u

It is a symbol of masculinity in Yoruba land only a man can be a king

1 Like

Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by Akharmony: 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2020
such ritual doesn't go for nothing. There's always a price to pay.. and for mother prophetess in the house i hope she feeling the groove..
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by Figger(m): 7:29pm On Jul 18, 2020
Do I even believe in spirits. get ur imported portable face shield at a good price in Lagos , see my signature .

Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by Keji1012(m): 7:34pm On Jul 18, 2020
tillaman:
odogwu, you too sabi

Lol... Make the former ooni just make me reason am my matter just for 3 minutes.
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by AnanseK(m): 7:35pm On Jul 18, 2020
Standing5:
Nonsense.

Remove Northerners from that nonsensical heathen culture. When a man is dead, he is dead , King , Emir , whatever. Northerners do not believe in your superstitions.
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by homesteady(m): 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2020
He was happy? grin
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by sapientia(m): 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
He said the Ooni is extremely happy
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by govomotors: 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
What so special, in America people pay mediums to speak to their departed family members and they communicate.

People have the gift.
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by themanderon: 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2020
Where is he?
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by ednut1(m): 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
shocked shocked shocked

I just laugh at Atheists wey say Juju no exists.
juju dey dem no fit command white man to go back or win them in war. Juju dey perwon never disappear go bank vault move money, juju dey person no follow am enter usa or canada. Nonsense
Re: We Summoned The Spirit Of Ooni Aderemi From His Tomb - Ooni Of Ife by jrusky(m): 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2020
Standing5:

Nonsense.

No need condeming them you might not belief in what they are saying or not spritism and Africa power is very much existing.

So instead of saying all these just wala pass and go next topic in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban / Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic / Pre-independence Yoruba Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.