Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,130 members, 7,860,062 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:57 AM

5p1naz's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 5p1naz's Profile / 5p1naz's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (of 48 pages)

Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 9:45am On Dec 18, 2014
pchax:

Good question. Now let's see how we can try to dignify it with a response. There are over 1,000 schools in US and Canada that offer Masters. Since your preferences are good acceptance rate and affordable city (which strikes me as a paradox because CITIES are not often times that affordable to school in relatively), I would advice you start from the bottom up. Do a kind of analysis of income levels of the cities and compare it to the cost of living in the city. A good factor for comparison is the cost of beer. Find the cities with the cheapest beer rates and go to their city council website and find out the cost of living. You then compare the cost of living with your projected income. Make sure you include inflation rates in your calculation. The price of crude oil should be taken into cognizance too as it affects inflation rate. I guess you are still reading as I am trying to dignify your question with a response cos it is really hard for me to recommend schools in US and Canada without knowing your full details.

On a more serious note, in summary, use google. Sorry for being a jer*k.

You are not being a jerk, honestly I think I would have told anyone the same thing too (the use google part). Im a strong believer in personal research but seriously though this time around, google failed me totally and left me more confused for the schools with higher acceptance rate part.

I got close to 20 different acceptance ratings online and they are all not close to each other in a any sensible way that I can even strike an average.

Im going for Masters of Architecture, but got rejected last year when I applied to the university of british columbia on a 2.94 CGPA out of 4.00, and I also tried university of michigan in the usa but never got a chance to submit my application because I applied late.

This time around, I thought a little suggestion from nairalanders abroad could help.

But I guess I'll take my chances again. Thanks for your contribution btw.
Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 1:03am On Dec 17, 2014
hi,

please what schools are recommended for masters in the USA or Canada. please put in mind, schools with a good acceptance rate, and located in a city that is affordable for a student. thanks for your help.
Travel / Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by 5p1naz(m): 1:02am On Dec 17, 2014
hi,

please what schools are recommended for masters in the USA or Canada. please put in mind, schools with a good acceptance rate, and located in a city that is affordable for a student. thanks for your help.
Education / . by 5p1naz(m): 1:01am On Dec 17, 2014
Business To Business / Re: Krixmas Logistics Services.For Cheap Pickups&Deliverys For China/Dubai Importers by 5p1naz(m): 9:20am On Dec 16, 2014
Tbliss12:

Thanks a million for the response.... But 1 more thing sir the express shippings won't pass through Nahco clearance? Because due to their last strike there are backlog of goods to be cleared. Just want to ask won't it affect the express shipment of nonikings too?

no no express won't go through NACHO. you're welcome smiley
Crime / Re: I Killed My Boss Because I Needed 150,000 Naira For Dubai Trip-motor Boy by 5p1naz(m): 11:44am On Dec 15, 2014
Police should look well into this case, this guy didn't steal this for dubai.. he was heading north to the boko harams site ooo
Business To Business / Re: Krixmas Logistics Services.For Cheap Pickups&Deliverys For China/Dubai Importers by 5p1naz(m): 11:38am On Dec 15, 2014
Tbliss12:

Pls I need to get some good details as regards nonikings I'm planning to go for their express shipping please from ur experience with them do they eventually ship in 1day from china on express? And how's their service so far cos I don't want to ship and be hearing stories of 15days delay on express shipping. Just trying to be careful cos one stupid logistics company (FAFALUS GLOBAL SHIPPING) has shown me hell!!!!

Nonnikings will ship your express goods and you will receive it the next day. The problem Is with judy his secretary. You will send her a msg and then call her to check her msg and send your goods.

She either not pick her call or she wont reply your messages. Average reply time for her in my plenty experiences. 3 days. But as soon as she picks and you keep disturbing her. She will ship and once she confirms shipment, next 24hours.. its ready in lagos
Adverts / Re: Solar Energy Installer in Nigeria by 5p1naz(m): 12:48am On Dec 15, 2014
Just a suggestion.. I think you should pretty much explain how your products work especially the solar. That will of course get you more attention from curious readers rather than kust posting adverts to keep you thread alive.

I'll rather engage when I understand how your solar works, how many panels I'll need for what gadgets etc.

My 2 cents.

Dont take this the wrong way that maybe im telling you what to do. It's a suggestion.

Cheers
Business / Re: Do's And Dont Of Importation by 5p1naz(m): 3:23pm On Dec 13, 2014
Good one
Fashion / Re: Here Comes The Bride... With The Most Awful Wedding Dress by 5p1naz(m): 2:48pm On Dec 13, 2014
Did she pay for a full dress or half?? undecided
Properties / Re: The Controversial N2 Million Naira Quotation by 5p1naz(m): 10:20pm On Dec 12, 2014
Work man sheep killed me cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin angry chai... this English some pipl are writing... diaris God oooo

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Super $exy Nigerian Tries To Break The Internet [see Photos] by 5p1naz(m): 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
what is this
Business / Re: I Won N500,000 by 5p1naz(m): 5:24pm On Dec 06, 2014
SCAM ooo SCAM... don't fall for it.

they can't even spell CONGRATS! hian
Business / Re: "Fall Of Oil Prices Will Not Affect Nigeria” – Jonathan Assures by 5p1naz(m): 1:59pm On Dec 05, 2014
Not affecting the economy... really??

so why has the naira been devalued?

This guy must be the joker in the batman movie...

44 Likes

Business To Business / Re: Newly Found Shipping Agent For China Importers - Tested And Proven by 5p1naz(m): 2:47pm On Dec 03, 2014
eph12:

Cool! But in no time the new shipping company would be overwhelmed and begin to misbehave unless they're ready to employ as many staff as possible.

It's a Nigerian thing... these things aint done in france gringrin
Business / Re: Importers, Should We Just Surrender To Our Delapitating Economy For Now Or What by 5p1naz(m): 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
phantonce:
I've never for once like importation as I believe it is a cheap means of getting out of poverty and is meant for lazy people.
Am a manufacturer and I also like consuming locally made product.
Even though manufacturing in nigeria is strenuous,the joy of having what is yours supercedes everything and not to talk about the gain which is massive.

You dare insult hard working people here and all the topics you ever created on nairaland couldn't buy anyone here pure water. My guy, stay In your lane.
Business To Business / Re: Newly Found Shipping Agent For China Importers - Tested And Proven by 5p1naz(m): 7:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
mrramadan:

Thanks for the information.
I have been using your company for a while now and I must say your service is second to none. Thumbs up. However, your customer service is quite poor. I send countless messages but no reply. It is always difficult to reach you especially to get information about a shipment. If Wang is always busy, why not get one person to be responding to enquiries and issues. This is just very frustrating. I have been trying to get information for the past 3 days about a package that has been sent by my supplier but still no response. But when I asked for your new address so I can have the goods sent there, I got a reply in less than 10mins. Please try to find a solution to this issues as this is not the first time this is happening.

How can you call a service second to none and make all these complains. ... just call a spade a spade.. they all provide garbage services and the only reason why they are still in business is because their rivals are no different. ..

One day na one day, the bush meat will catch the hunter... a new shipping service will come to town and this useless services will sit up. ..

2 Likes

Car Talk / Which Is Worse? No License Or Expired License by 5p1naz(m): 9:45pm On Dec 01, 2014
So guys which is worse in Nigeria or anywhere in the world, driving without a driver's License or driving with an expired driver's License
Politics / Re: Nigerian Student Stabbed To Death In Accra, Ghana by 5p1naz(m): 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2014
People typing anything just to be the first to comment . . A life's been lost here. show some respect. ... rip#

6 Likes

Business To Business / Re: Krixmas Logistics Services.For Cheap Pickups&Deliverys For China/Dubai Importers by 5p1naz(m): 1:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
goodtalk:

Gooday 5pinaz. Thanks for coming online! We can certainly do dat for you. Kindly drop the name and fone number on your parcel as a text message to 08028045004. I would dispatch my rider to pick it up and drop it off at ABC ghana office at Festac. I assume you ve paid all shipping and clearing charges of Nonikings?

Regards.

please which of your numbers do you guys receive calls on, because i called all 3 numbers in your signature and no one is picking any of them. i need to talk to someone first because i'm currently using a courier like yours and they always promise to pickup immediately but then they alway always end up letting my goods stay at nonnikings for 2 days and when they finally pickup, it spends another 1 day in their store, its eating me away because i'm loosing customers. i do ghana delivery as much as 2 or 3 times weekly. i need a reliable courier who can always pickup as soon as my goods clear and deliver to abc for ghana delivery. can you guys be relied upon? if it is not in your policy to handle same day delivery or if there's anything that can hinder the same day delivery, i'd appreciate you letting me know now before i commit to your services.

cheers.
Business To Business / Re: Krixmas Logistics Services.For Cheap Pickups&Deliverys For China/Dubai Importers by 5p1naz(m): 12:39pm On Nov 26, 2014
can you pick up from nonnikings and deliver to abc transport @mile2 for ghana delivery?
Business To Business / Re: Newly Found Shipping Agent For China Importers - Tested And Proven by 5p1naz(m): 3:16pm On Nov 24, 2014
we in this thread need a physical presence in china. i hate the service nonnykings provide with perfect hatred, but i still think he's the best out of the lots. we need someone in china, not Michael, not Judy. we need someone who can enforce Nonnykings to send our goods when we need them to. we need someone to push them hard. someone from our side not theirs. i know this topic is made up of geniuses. please let us come up with something. This shipping thing from china to Nigeria isn't rocket science, but at its current state, it is destroying our customer base. let's fix this. it is us who can deal with our problems. let's think of a way. ideas are welcome please.

My idea:

it seems @Ymodulus knows a lot of people in china. if you @Ymodulus @Yemi2plus and some of you i didn't mention but you know yourselves could get us someone in Guangzhou, better still someone living close to micheal's office, we can all send our packages to him/her, since this person isn't so much under pressure like micheal and judy, he/she can track our packages better and deliver them to nonnykings and with his/her physical presence enforce nonny to send the packages when we want them to be sent and she can also followup incase of glitches.

i wouldn't mind paying a few bucks for this service as long as i know my goods won't get missing, i get good customer care because my calls get picked every time i call, and i get my goods sent to me in Nigeria every time i want it to be sent.

i agree my idea might be premature or senseless, i have put it out here for scrutiny and i'd be expecting better ideas or the polishing of my idea from the group. cheers.

4 Likes

Business To Business / Re: Newly Found Shipping Agent For China Importers - Tested And Proven by 5p1naz(m): 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2014
cyif2003:
are u sure ur name is on your package?

I ensure all my suppliers print my name and number (ymodulus style) on all my packages.
Business To Business / Re: Newly Found Shipping Agent For China Importers - Tested And Proven by 5p1naz(m): 3:04pm On Nov 21, 2014
EvangTimothy:
ADVICE TO NEWBIE, why must u use free awof shiping, wise up and get serious, beta use shiping agents and get ur goods in a matter of days instead of months.

#Word...

A word is enough for the wise...
Technology Market / Re: Shop U.S/eBay/Amazon $3.75 per lb U.S To NIGERIA, No Commission. by 5p1naz(m): 12:21am On Nov 17, 2014
chinosxl:

Thanks for providing the weight and dimensions, all shipping charges are based on actual weight or volume weight whichever is higher. Details,

Volume weight: (20x16x18)/166 = 35lbs

Actual weight ------------------ = 22lbs

Your shipping will be based on the 35lbs X $3.85 =$135

Alternatively, if you know any of my customers with up to 13lbs of goods and willing to combine consolidation with you, i can add it to your box if it fits, this will help offset the 13lbs difference, you only pay for 22lbs = $85 and the other customer pays for 13lbs = $50.

Let me know what you think so i can arrange for pick up. The freight/pick up driver will charge for picking up and sending to my office.

i honestly don't know any of your customers but i'll be glad if you could help. but then i have other things i will buying from amazon and sending to your place. so you can arrange for the pick up and let me know the price, whilst i buy the other things during the week.

cheers.
Technology Market / Re: Shop U.S/eBay/Amazon $3.75 per lb U.S To NIGERIA, No Commission. by 5p1naz(m): 1:31pm On Nov 15, 2014
chinosxl:

ok

20in x 16in x 18in

that's the size of the package. its a box already of camera lens and it weighs roughly 22lb roughly and you can arrange for pickup on tuesday.
Technology Market / Re: FREE IMPORTATION OF TABLETS•SMARTPHONES•MED/EDU EQUIPMENTS FROM CHINA~NO CHARGES by 5p1naz(m): 1:28pm On Nov 15, 2014
Eghosa1:

Hvnt forgotten your enquiry buddy. Would get back to you.

great, thanks for keeping it in mind, thought you had forgotten
Health / Re: Court Lifts Ban On Abalaka's HIV Vaccines by 5p1naz(m): 12:50am On Nov 15, 2014
Is this really true?? There's a cure?? Chaiii...
Technology Market / Re: FREE IMPORTATION OF TABLETS•SMARTPHONES•MED/EDU EQUIPMENTS FROM CHINA~NO CHARGES by 5p1naz(m): 2:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
@Eghosa1 ship to ghana from china, is it the same principle and price? and where is the collection point?
Business To Business / Re: Newly Found Shipping Agent For China Importers - Tested And Proven by 5p1naz(m): 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
guys, please is there any other shipping agent who is reliable? because Nonnykings is completely useless. i'll tell you why, i have packages since 15th October lying somewhere in their office. and every time i call Michael or Judy, all they say is send me tracking. now i have sent and over sent my tracking and call them after only for them not to pick my calls. i finally was able to talk to Judy, i really made her feel good by praising her and this was 4 days ago, and she promised to send my package and i should receive it today in Nigeria. i called her for the past 3 days and she won't pick and i sent her several WhatsApp messages, only for her to pick up my call today and ask for my tracking number again.

Anyways i sent her the tracking number of almost 10 packages, i tracked all these packages and they have been delivered and signed for only for her to tell me they have received only 3 and the rest are still in-transit. i immediately told her it wasn't true and i checked already and they have all my packages only for her to recite their national anthem "send me WhatsApp message, i check again" please guys i beg you, i know some of you here are also running this business and have less or no issues with forwarders from China. please help me. i am running a business here and how else can i run it successfully if the forwarders just don't care.

worse thing is after my packages arrive in Nigeria, i still have to forward it to Ghana. please if you know any forwarder that sends straight to Ghana from China, please advice me accordingly.
Technology Market / Re: Shop U.S/eBay/Amazon $3.75 per lb U.S To NIGERIA, No Commission. by 5p1naz(m): 1:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
@chinos, i honestly think you should extend your forwarding office to china, there are several Nigerians who would like to ship form china. i for example ship goods from china and it is all messed up when you see the way the nigerian forwarders in china behave. they have no solid customer care you can talk to. express goods stay with them for weeks. they misplace your belongings etc. i have tried several forwarders both in china and usa and i think you are the best so far i have worked with. please think about this.
Technology Market / Re: Shop U.S/eBay/Amazon $3.75 per lb U.S To NIGERIA, No Commission. by 5p1naz(m): 11:38am On Nov 13, 2014
chinosxl:

Have them package the set in the smallest box possible and provide me with the weight and dimensions of the box.

ok let me get that done and get back to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (of 48 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.