Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,068 members, 7,859,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:21 PM

5p1naz's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 5p1naz's Profile / 5p1naz's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (of 48 pages)

Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 1:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
adebimpe1988:
D name of d skool is CENTENNIAL COLLEGE

Give them a call... it would clear up the issue. You should have your student number close to you wheN you call Cos they'll probably ask for it.
Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 12:57pm On Jan 27, 2015
lekan008:
Good day to all the boss and tutors, I've concluded to apply for MUN masters but the deadline of their masters application is Jan 31 for the winter semester which the commencement is September.
My question goes thus; can I apply next month for 2016 fall admission which is to commence by January. Ejooooor. Oooo

Don't get it mixed up.

Fall admission 2015 is september 2015

Fall admission 2016 is september 2016

Winter admission 2016 is January 2016

grin
Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 4:01pm On Jan 26, 2015
edwinbiz:
Hello guys i have been a silent follower of this thread seeing the good news and bad once. And to God be the glory after a very long wait i got my medical call today.

Congrats. ..
Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 4:01pm On Jan 26, 2015
adebimpe1988:
Gud day rum,dis has been bothering me 4 a while pls,wen one applies 2 a skool n has gotten a student number but no other information 4rm d skool,pls wot next.

First of all, call the school's admissions office and explain your situation.

also check your mail thoroughly, both inbox and spam mail because some schools give you a student number and attach a link to it for additional details from you, but it could be easily missed if you do not read the instructions in the mail. So your application might currently be incomplete.

It'll also do you some good to tell us the name of the school.
Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 9:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
lekan008:
Hello to da gurus, congratulations to all successful applicants and may the Lord put smile in all expectant's face. So shall it be by God's grace. I've a question for you all: pls, is there anyone that has been given visa with part payment receipt of tuition fee? Thanks as I await your helpful and quick response

Forget paying your fees for now as long as the school doesn't demand you do so. Focus more on getting a very strong SOA from yourself or a sponsor(s). also work on your documents, if you go back some few pages you will get ideas for documents that might work for you. Paying your fees or not before applying for a visa guarantees you nothing. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Car Talk / Re: Young Boy Killed By Trailer In Orile (GRAPHIC PIC) by 5p1naz(m): 1:22pm On Jan 25, 2015
rip
Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 10:22pm On Jan 24, 2015
[quote author=9jabiggurl post=30101819][/quote]

wink I'm hear to learn and at the same time help whenever I can. tongue
Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 9:45pm On Jan 24, 2015
mrnilobrawn:

And u ar going to study in Canada.,,

1 Like

Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 6:51pm On Jan 24, 2015
Masters of Architecture

Fall 2015

Applied to Ubc for fall 2014 last year, I was refused admission, it was too late and there wasn't any school open anymore for architecture.

So this year, I applied to 3 schoolS

University or Manitoba

Ryerson University

University of Waterloo

Hopefully, one of these schools gives me admission. Then I can start the process. Fingers crossed. Would keep updating here.
Politics / Re: Fans Blast Joseph Yobo On Twitter For Supporting Jonathan Via His Speech by 5p1naz(m): 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2015
Blast him or not. He was surely rewarded heavily (cash) to make that speech, And he wont really care about what people say.

My opinion. Both GEJ and GMB are not worthy of the throne. We need fresh blood. I dont do politics so I never vote anyways.

3 Likes

Properties / Re: Architectural Services And Construction, Studio Reel Consultants by 5p1naz(m): 11:47am On Jan 07, 2015
CityNG:

Thank you for posting the drawing and finished product.

What is the style of roof hanging called? It's not the grotesque parapet that is overly used nowadays.

Also not feeling the columns but it's a personal thing. Can you share simple bungalow renderings? I'm not talking about those that look like "face me I slap you" but Mediterranean types.

Thanks for your comment.

The roof type used is a combination of the hip, gable and shed style. And yes these columns were used because the client specifically requested for it.

You requested that I should share bungalow designs here, but im sorry I haven't designed a bungalow professionally. my clients ask for residential storey buildings or commercial buildings.

Not to be misunderstood though, I'd design one if I have to.

2 Likes

Crime / Re: RITUAL KILLING: 85-yr-old Woman Murdered, Eyes Gouged In Taraba by 5p1naz(m): 7:23pm On Jan 05, 2015
Lol@ diseased grin grin grin
Family / Re: Nobody Wants To Marry Us, Employers Reject Us, Our Skin Is A Problem –albinos by 5p1naz(m): 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
ogaofficer:
guy na which kind food you chop for christmas . . . Lmao

Hehehehehehe
Family / Re: Nobody Wants To Marry Us, Employers Reject Us, Our Skin Is A Problem –albinos by 5p1naz(m): 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
Iykebestbt:
ode na transformer de give light?

Oga na wa oooo... if at ur age u no understand sacarsm. Na you sabi ooo...

Unto each his own
Family / Re: Nobody Wants To Marry Us, Employers Reject Us, Our Skin Is A Problem –albinos by 5p1naz(m): 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
Marry another albino who is single. Problem solved.

Now... back to the Nepa issue...

It is buhari's fault because he gave all our transformers to FRANCE. . Hehehe grin grin grin

20 Likes

Business To Business / Re: Newly Found Shipping Agent For China Importers - Tested And Proven by 5p1naz(m): 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2014
Teeworld13:

What's the content of the parcel please? I suspect mine was erroneously sent to someone else. Funny enough i have someone's parcel that was mistakenly sent to me from Judy and i can't reach the owner via his phone number. I have called ,Michael n their agent in Nigeria and it's the same story. Please check if the parcel contains flowered dresses pleaaaassssssssseeeeeeeepleaaaassssssssseeeeeeee angry

its for a Joy
Business To Business / Re: Newly Found Shipping Agent For China Importers - Tested And Proven by 5p1naz(m): 10:31pm On Dec 27, 2014
Ikonz:

Why would you be the one to bear the expenses of sending the parcel back, when the mistake is not yours? Why wll she insist not to balance you up when you return the parcel with your money? To remove the cost of 1 kg from ur next shippment na big thing? So she is not even grateful that you informed her of their mistake? Ok na.

For the fact that Judy is even arguing with you on the payment of the return cost, is enough for you to cancel ur former proposal & send her ur acc number, then insist that she credit your account with the cost first, before returning the parcel. Cos she might later agree to reimburse via 1kg deduction, & once you return the parcel, you are on your own oo.

Bro, this kind of her strong head is not done anywhere in the world, she dey madt??

tHANK YOU OOOO
Business To Business / Re: Newly Found Shipping Agent For China Importers - Tested And Proven by 5p1naz(m): 3:05pm On Dec 27, 2014
make una see me see trouble ooo..

my people, i spent my last last credit calling texting and whatsapping judy for days before she finally decided to send my packages some weeks back. i've been in Ghana for a while now and everytime my goods clear and i receive my message to pick up my goods from nonnikings Nigeria, i arrange a pickup from nonnikings and another courier to send to Ghana. so like 3 weeks ago i received my packages intact but someone's package was added to mine. i immediately sent the picture of the item to Judy and explained what happened.

as usual, it took her 3 days to reply my message, she then begged me to return the item to the owner. i agreed to do that. so i drove to the courier's office and asked for the item be sent to nigeria but they said it will cost me GHC 30 apprx. 10usd. shocked shocked shocked this no be the issue, 10usd is groundnut to me. but for what this people (nonnikings) don take my eye see, lailai i would never pay 10usd for them.

so i contacted Judy and told her the issue, and told her i will pay the 10usd, but all i ask is when my next item is being sent to me, she shouldn't charge me for 1kg. that was all i asked ooooo. for one week now Judy has been surprisingly sending me messages constantly and replying my messages almost immediately. she wants me to send the item with my own money and not credit me back.

i won't do it and that's my final decision. we are all doing business. if they were nice people i honestly will send a 100kg item back for them free of charge.

make una look into the matter ooo
Technology Market / Re: Shop U.S/eBay/Amazon $3.75 per lb U.S To NIGERIA, No Commission. by 5p1naz(m): 12:14am On Dec 27, 2014
Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
pchax:

Cool schools. Just study the admission requirements like the back of your hand. Mail the grad secretary of the department and make enquiries as often as possible. You should get in bu God's Grace.

Wishing you the best bro!

thanks bro.
Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
pchax:

Why can't you use your current job

To me any job can be used as a link to what your study if you add a proper spin to it. You said you are a Director in a company so I would try and phrase a way you can link that to Architecture. I would be assuming your company did some remodelling on their office space or ware-house or whatever building you operate from. Mind you, I do not know anything about architecture or your area of proposed research so bear with me.

"...serving as a director on the board of XYZ company has afforded me the opportunity to gain some insight into management and basically bridging the gap between theoretical learning in school and real life experiences. One of such experiences happened when I was overseeing the remodelling of our office space. Using my background from school, I was able to brainstorm with the contracted architect with more efficient ways through which we can maximize office space while maintaining an eco-friendly environment. The solution we came up with sparked an interest in me and I continued looking for more efficient ways to achieve the same result. This led me to read some research papers on the relationship between architecture and a green environment. Hence, my decision to pursue an MSc in Architecture with focus on green-Architecture..."

As I said earlier on, I do not know jack about architecture or your experience or your proposed research field. I just wanted to let you know that any kind of work you have done is a valuable experience and with the right amount of thought, you can put a spin on it and link it to your proposed MSc field. Best of luck.

Thanks for the response. just what i was looking for. the sample you made works for me because i actually remodeled a lot of the office spaces and also remodeled the layout of the company site. really appreciate.

cheers
Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2014
jojcanada:
Thanks 9 days to go. Saw $150 per extra 23kg suitcase and it looks too good to be true. so want to confirm before i enter gbese at the airport.

yeah, the $150 is for real. you still need to call for confirmation though. but thats about what they collect. between $150 to $200
Nairaland / General / Re: Nairalander With Linda Ikeji by 5p1naz(m): 11:35am On Dec 22, 2014
this made front page? wtf shocked shocked

This is Nairaland not LIB...

This can make the front page of her Blog for 100 years, i really don't care. but only news worthy articles should make front page on Nairaland.

No hating on the OP, Nairaland supermen supermods just need to know where to draw the line on what makes FPP and what doesn't.

i got 75 updates on my phone in 3hrs and only 7 of them 2 years ago were FP worthy.
Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
double08:

Tot architect in nigeria always do their masters after the BSc? How many years was ur course?

I schooled in Ghana. It was 5years for the B. ARCH
Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 2:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
So I have this issue yea, I graduated with bachelors of architecture june 2013 and I've been working as a director with my dad's company ever since graduation. A job totally totally totally different from my undergraduate course Architecture.

Now I want to go for masters of architecture. Common sense of course is, when I apply to the embassy, I cannot use my current job for job experience. Because it conflicts with the masters im going for. I also understand I have to be as honest as possible with the embassy. So what do I do?
Travel / Re: Travelling To Canada Part 7 by 5p1naz(m): 11:55pm On Dec 20, 2014
pchax:

Now you are talking. You gave us more details that we can work with like your area of specialization, your CGPA etc. To start with, I admire your taste in schools. UBC and uMich are really top schools in their respective countries (they are both within top 5 in their countries in Computer Science don't know about other fields). Having said that, to enter such schools for an MSc, your application would be considered against some crazy dudes who made a Quant score of 175 in GRE and developed a super-collider in their BSc level.

So what's the way forward? I would advice you decide on a country to start with. USA and Canada have similar educational systems but different immigration systems. Choose the one that suits your need. You mentioned standard of living. You can google most expensive cities in USA (Newyork, LA etc) or Canada (Vancouver, Toronto etc) and then you look for schools not in that city to apply to.

Another way to go around this is to know your research interest and get schools that are good in that field. It would surprise you that some little schools may be masters in your research field. For example, University of Waikato (New Zealand though) or something like that is one of the leading schools in Machine Learning cos of the software they developed.

Wishing you the best bro!

Thanks for the detailed reply, after much research and thinking time. i have finally decided to stick to Canada. and here are the list of schools i will be applying for.

Ryerson University
University of Manitoba
Carleton University
Dalhousie
McGill

i'm trying to reduce the risk of getting rejected again by applying for these 5 schools, at least 1 must pick me grin. I graduated in 2013, The longer i stay out of academics, the less interested i become in books. and also the more i have to explain to these visa officials what i have been doing. and why is getting admission for architecture so difficult?? embarassed embarassed cry cry

any suggestions or back lashes are welcome.
Nairaland / General / Re: One Of Nigeria's Hairiest Women, Queen Okafor, Tells Her Story by 5p1naz(m): 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2014
hey eye brows are not helping matters

2 Likes

Phones / Re: 5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. by 5p1naz(m): 7:51pm On Dec 18, 2014
macjireh:
There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies. . Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST: Emergency
The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112.
If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile; network and there is an emergency,
dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialled even if the keypad is locked. Try it out...

SECOND: Have you locked your keys in the car?
Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday.
Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their mobile phone from your cell phone.
Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock.

Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you.

Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other ' remote ' for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk)...

Editor ' s Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a mobile phone! '

THIRD: Hidden Battery Power
Imagine your mobile battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370#
Your mobile will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery.
This reserve will get charged when you charge your mobile next time.

FOURTH: How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?
To check your Mobile phone ' s serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 #
A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset..
Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless.

You probably won ' t get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can ' t use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

FIFTH : ATM - PIN Number Reversal - Good to Know
If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM machine, you can
notify the police by entering your PIN # in reverse. For example, if your pin number is 1234,
then you would put in 4321.

The ATM system recognizes that your PIN number is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the machine. The machine will still give you the money you requested, but unknown to the robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to the location.

This information was recently broadcast on CTV by Crime Stoppers however it is seldom used because people just don ' t know about it...... Please pass this along to everyone.

This is the kind of information people don ' t mind receiving, so pass it on to your family and friends.

additional source: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-222825.html

Wow!! Excellent post. And I thought I knew everything. ..
Romance / Re: How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. by 5p1naz(m): 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
If he is also into you the same way you are into him, it will be gold to him when you tell him how you feel abiut uim.

But if you are not his type and he sees you more. Than a friend, he will feel awkward about the whole thing.

The things is for you to know if you are his type of girl, do a flash back about what you guys talk about. Does ge tell you about some girl he likes or the kind of girl he would love to date. Does he say anything about these things. Do you fit the preference.

Then you'd have a fair idea of what will happen. But in all I think you should tell him how you feel and rather than regret it in the future when he's smdating some other girl and you have dreams every night of chasing his new girl with a machete

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (of 48 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.