Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against (53579 Views)

Father Flogs Daughter For Posting Nude Videos On Instagram / At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me / Man Flogs His Wife With Belt For Slapping His Side Chic At Filmhouse, LEKKI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by charlesucheh(m): 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
battering her is not an option period!
who that one don change?
what if the dad is not around?
or she goes farther away from them to school?
she needs something to self counsel her brains.
she can still trickily commit the act, lest the Dad accepts to be her personal social media body guard! some parents never still get sense!!!!!
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Image123(m): 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2020
redsun:

Without them, you won't have this platform to agitate violence and physical abuse of a young woman by a father who is not as reasonable as a common ant.

Speak coherently. i cannot make sense of this.
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by cooooooks(m): 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2020
What that man did is definitely a crime according to Nigerian laws.

It's assault, it's child abuse, it may even be aggravated assault.

dulux07:

It is a different case when a crime is being committed

1 Like

Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by adeife16(m): 3:02am On Jul 21, 2020
mmsen:
Terrible parenting.
The man needs to be in prison.
Go and imprison him ode!

1 Like

Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by adeife16(m): 3:05am On Jul 21, 2020
charlesucheh:
battering her is not an option period!
who that one don change?
what if the dad is not around?
or she goes farther away from them to school?
she needs something to self counsel her brains.
she can still trickily commit the act, lest the Dad accepts to be her personal social media body guard! some parents never still get sense!!!!!
Like your parents, they should have batterered your head when they had the chance, but they failed so you grew up in your foolishness
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by adeife16(m): 3:18am On Jul 21, 2020
Hathor5:
Stockholm syndrome is a psychological condition that occurs when a victim of abuse identifies and attaches, or bonds, positively with their abuser.
Mtcheew !!!
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by litaninja(m): 8:34am On Jul 21, 2020
Good points. Now the questions is, before this particular incident, HOW NAY TIME HAD THESE APPROACHES BEEN TRIED WITH THIS CHILD?
You must know that the parent here would be taking this as a last resort....this no be everyday kain floggin.

magicminister:
The average Nigerian child experiences their first abuse in the hands of those that should protect them. I might get insulted for this but ever wondered why the average Nigerian is so aggressive? If you disagree with them, they retort to insults? Even wondered why the average Nigerian is very afraid of telling the truth?

It all boils down to upbringing like this. Children are individuals with minds of their own and the best way to raise a child is to win that mind over with any means but intimidation and force.

As far as I am concerned, this is child abuse! The child will agree with the dad cos she has no choice..... logic and reasoning and confidence dies the moment you resort to instilling this type of discipline!

There are several ways he could have approached it

1- stand firm: explain to her why she should not join the group and get her a phone without internet to ensure it never happens

2- persuade: convince her to not join the group and trust her by pretending to look away. Reward her if she complies, try again if she doesn’t!

3- compromise: allow her to join the group but have unfettered access to her account and be able to see any and every message she gets.
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by magicminister: 8:42am On Jul 21, 2020
litaninja:
Good points. Now the questions is, before this particular incident, HOW NAY TIME HAD THESE APPROACHES BEEN TRIED WITH THIS CHILD?
You must know that the parent here would be taking this as a last resort....this no be everyday kain floggin.

That is a question none of us but the parties directly involved will be able to answer. From what i heard, the girl is 18.
We all know teenagers have the raging hormone and can be pig headed!!

Regardless, this approach will further damage this child than nurture them.
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Rawhumper(m): 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
No it was the last straw that broke her fathers back cheesy
cheesy

quote author=PharmaGirl post=91862624]If this will help shape her and make her beneficial to society, then...cheesy.
Although, I think her father had been cautioning her about some behaviors of hers. It seems like joining the Whatsapp group was the last straw that broke her father's the camel's back grin cheesy[/quote]
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by charlesucheh(m): 10:41am On Jul 25, 2020
adeife16:

Like your parents, they should have batterered your head when they had the chance, but they failed so you grew up in your foolishness
I received the worst battering ever compared to any other kid in my house then, but I made a choice to live right!!!
I spoke out of experience, didn't just utter those words cos I want bruv!
I won't insult you, you know why?
because everything I posted about that thread are in depth! walahi! you lucky gon! my utterances are really dehumanizing! I will let your stupidity pass!
stupid pig like you!!!!!!
sorry dude! I changed my mind! you're actually worth a little insult! baboon!
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by adeife16(m): 8:20pm On Aug 03, 2020
charlesucheh:
I received the worst battering ever compared to any other kid in my house then, but I made a choice to live right!!!
I spoke out of experience, didn't just utter those words cos I want bruv!
I won't insult you, you know why?
because everything I posted about that thread are in depth! walahi! you lucky gon! my utterances are really dehumanizing! I will let your stupidpity pass!
stupid pig like you!!!!!!
sorry dude! I changed my mind! you're actually worth a little insult! baboon!
Your insult don't mean shit
Go have sexual intercourse with yourself
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Aditkd(f): 7:37am On Sep 30, 2020
I love the way parents discipline their kids. My father has said it oo, if I n my younger ones mess up even if we re married with kids that they will still discipline us BIG time. And I trust them for that. All the beatings really made me a responsible person. If not ehh. Thank God for parent's who don't tolerate rubbish

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mum Forcefully Brushing Her Son's Teeth ( Hilarious Photo ) / Rukevwe Vivienne Ohwerhi's Daughter, Efeturi Saleisha Zino's 1st Birthday Photos / My Husband Went Back To Nigeria Last Christmas To Wed A New Wife - UK Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.