Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Who Created The Devil?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created The Devil?? (2504 Views)

Who Created God? / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Created The Devil?? by javaRookie: 10:25am On Jul 19, 2020
God has no beginning and end but the question I have is what about Devil/Satan?
Who created the guy?
Does God create evil?
Why then are we fighting the Devil?

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by Playthepianos: 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
Here it is. You can't create God. The Devil is not God so he was created.

The Devil is an angel. Please correct that mindset that he is also God or "bad god". He was an angel and is still an angel.

He was created with other angels, but God gave Him a rank higher than most other angels, so he was among the archangels. God blessed Him more and He had so much glory. It was because of this that He became proud. All what God gave him wasn't enough. So he rebelled, he deceived almost half of the angels in heaven to rebel against God.

Because of this, God cast Him down into hell. He is going to be judged at a later time..he and the angels.

So the glory he once possessed, God gave it to man (human beings) when he created us. That's why he is violently angry with and after humans.

He knows that if he can get the whole world into hell, God will have no other option than to reduce his punishment because God is merciful.

Now that's some of the reasons he is our enemy and we have to pray against him.

javaRookie

2 Likes

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by javaRookie: 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
Playthepianos:
Here it is. You can't create God. The Devil is not God so he was created.

The Devil is an angel. Please correct that mindset that he is also God or "bad god". He was an angel and is still an angel.

He was created with other angels, but God gave Him a rank higher than most other angels, so he was among the archangels. God blessed Him more and He had so much glory. It was because of this that He became proud. All what God gave him wasn't enough. So he rebelled, he deceived almost half of the angels in heaven to rebel against God.

Because of this, God cast Him down into hell. He is going to be judged at a later time..he and the angels.

So the glory he once possessed, God gave it to man (human beings) when he created us. That's why he is violently angry with and after humans.

He knows that if he can get the whole world into hell, God will have no other option than to reduce his punishment because God is merciful.

Now that's some of the reasons he is our enemy and we have to pray against him.

javaRookie

But then God is all knowing so he knew that Devil will rebel and still left him. Then go ahead to punish humans by throwing them into hell for the Devil he created and knew will decieve his people?

Or am I the one getting it all wrong?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by Playthepianos: 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
javaRookie:

But then God is all knowing so he knew that Devil will rebel and still left him. Then go ahead to punish humans by throwing them into hell for the Devil he created and knew will decieve his people?

You are the one getting things wrong. See, God doesn't force anybody. Everything that God created has a free will, even the angels. The Devil chose his own path, even though God already knew what was coming.

It is the same thing with humans. We have the free will to do what we like: We can choose the Devil (death) or Jesus (Life).

Also, please note, God doesn't throw anybody in hell. You go to hell by yourself, based on your choice. Immediately after death is judgement, your reward. It is a principle.

Hell came into existence based on God's word. Hell is a system for punishment of rebels.

I hope you are indeed willing to learn and not to argue.

1 Like

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by Playthepianos: 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
javaRookie:

To reinforce my point, see what Deuteronomy 30:19 says about free will.

I"call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:"

He gave us two options. That means we have the free will to either choose Heaven or Hell. Then in His love, he went further to tell us to choose life.

God doesn't punish rebels in Hell. If he did, nobody would survive it, even as they are in Hell.
Re: Who Created The Devil?? by javaRookie: 2:32pm On Jul 19, 2020
Playthepianos:

You are the one getting things wrong. See, God doesn't force anybody. Everything that God created has a free will, even the angels. The Devil chose his own path, even though God already knew what was coming.

It is the same thing with humans. We have the free will to do what we like. We can choose the Devil (death) or Jesus (Life).

Also, please note, God doesn't throw anybody in hell. You go to hell by yourself. Immediately after death is judgement, your reward. It is a principle.

Hell came into existence based on God's word. Hell is a system for punishment of rebels.

I hope you are indeed willing to learn and not to argue.

I think you are deviating from the question. If God created Devil and is all knowing, then why punish the humans he created because they fell for the evil he created himself.
Let's say I have a farmland where I planted good crops, these crops are bouncing fresh and rapidly. Then I the farmer goes ahead to bring in locust to feast on the crops I so laboured to plant then go ahead to uproot the crops ravaged by the locusts, citing that they should have known better not to allow the locusts eat them up.
How is this a wise thing to do?
It's just like fighting yourself and your creation, how come you say you are all powerful then?
I create an enemy then go ahead to fight him tooth and nail against my own creation?

I am very confused at this...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by javaRookie: 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
Playthepianos:

To reinforce my point, see what Deuteronomy 30:19 says about free will.

I"call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:"

He gave us two options. That means we have the free will to either choose Heaven or Hell. Then in His love, he went further to tell us to choose life.

[b]God doesn't punish rebels in Hell. [/b]If he did, nobody would survive it, even as they are in Hell.

So spending enternity in hell is not a punishment? What is it then? A vacation?

3 Likes

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by Playthepianos: 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
javaRookie:

I think you are deviating from the question. If God created Devil and is all knowing, then why punish the humans he created because they fell for the evil he created himself.
Let's say I have a farmland where I planted good crops, these crops are bouncing fresh and rapidly. Then I the farmer goes ahead to bring in locust to feast on the crops I so laboured to plant then go ahead to uproot the crops ravaged by the locusts, citing that they should have known better not to allow the locusts eat them up.
How is this a wise thing to do?
It's just like fighting yourself and your creation, how come you say you are all powerful then?
I create an enemy then go ahead to fight him tooth and nail against my own creation?

I am very confused at this...

Now I know you are in for an argument. I have clearly answered your question.

Like I said, every of God's creation has a freewill. The devil misused the freewill and brought evil into the world. Humans also have freewill. But if they choose to follow the path of the Devil, then they will be judged just like how the devil was judged.

Once again, God didn't create evil. You choose your path. The devil chose the opposite part, hence evil came into being. Any human that chooses to follow the devil will pay the price.
Re: Who Created The Devil?? by Playthepianos: 2:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
javaRookie:

So spending enternity in hell is not a punishment? What is it then? A vacation?

Lol. Please read our discussion again.
Re: Who Created The Devil?? by javaRookie: 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
Playthepianos:

Now I know you are in for an argument. I have clearly answered your question.

Like I said, every of God's creation has a freewill. The devil misused the freewill and brought evil into the world. Humans also have freewill. But if they choose to follow the path of the Devil, then they will be judged just like how the devil was judged.

Once again, God didn't create evil. You choose your path. The devil chose the opposite part, hence evil came into being. Any human that chooses to follow the devil will pay the price.

You are speaking from both sides of your mouth then because a few posts up there, you said that the Devil is an angel of which God created.
And to think of the fact that God is all knowing so he knew the Angel who was the Devil but went ahead to create him. He in turn rebelled (of which God knew he will)
Invariably, God created him to deceive his very own creations, then go ahead to punish his creations for falling prey of the same Devil he created?!

Tell me something else pls.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by Playthepianos: 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
javaRookie:

You are speaking from both sides of your mouth then because a few posts up there, you said that the Devil is an angel of which God created.
And to think of the fact that God is all knowing so he knew the Angel who was the Devil but went ahead to create him. He in turn rebelled (of which God knew he will)
Invariably, God created him to deceive his very own creations, then go ahead to punish his creations for falling prey of the same Devil he created?!

Tell me something else pls.

lol. Just as I predicted. Now, answer this question. God knew man will sin, but why did he create us?
Re: Who Created The Devil?? by javaRookie: 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
Playthepianos:

lol. Just as I predicted. Now, answer this question. God knew man will sin, but why did he create us?

You are arguing in a circle. The argument stems from my question? Who created Devil?
Of which your said that God did.
And that means that God created the evil he tells us to fight against. But instead of making clear points you go ahead to ask me back a question which has no correlation whatsoever with the bone of contention which is "God created the Evil(Devil) he fights against"
It's just like fighting yourself (creation) which to me is far from been wise.

You still haven't made any point with regards to my question.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by orunto27: 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2020
FATHER OF. NATURE. IS OF PEACE!!!

HE CREATED EVERYTHING TWINS.

HE IS THE FATHER AND MOTHER OF JESUS AND DEVIL.

HE IS THE SPIRIT NATURE AND FATHER OF CHRIST AND SATAN.

HE ALSO ACTUALLY PREPARED CHRIST FOR RESURRECTION AND JUDAS FOR DESTRUCTION.
Re: Who Created The Devil?? by orunto27: 3:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
NATURE.
Re: Who Created The Devil?? by orunto27: 3:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
NATURE. AND THAT'S IF YOU KNOW THE SUPREME SPIRIT CALLED NATURE.
Re: Who Created The Devil?? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
javaRookie:
Who created the guy?
Does God create evil?

God never created a devil!

He gave life to so many creatures in heaven and on earth, the heavenly beings are spirits like him and they were given freewill, the earthly creatures lives on instinct so he made just one single specie on earth to live with freewill. This one and only earthly creature having freewill will rule all the other creatures existing with instinct.

So it's the creatures having freewill that began doing things that shows lack of appreciation for the privilege the Creator gave them the privilege of freewill!

There is another misconception that's causing confusion in False Religion, the Creator has the ability to foresee the future, can see everywhere and can do everything but since his first and foremost creature known as Michael (Jesus) has proved to be supportive always, God continue to give other creatures the same freewill he gave his firstborn son, but unlike Michael the some of the creatures weren't as supportive and loyal. That's what brought us to where we are today!

So God is holy meaning pure inside out, he doesn't think of evil that's why he never thought of having bad ones amongst his children, but as soon as some became rebellious God restricted them from coming back to him because his spirit follows each angel anywhere they do, but this spirit hates evil so they were disengaged and God stopped having direct dealings with them.

Today most religionsists teaches that God is Omnipotent Omnipresent and Omniscient since he's all powerful, but that's not true because he is Holy (pure) and someone pure in heart can't continue looking at what is evil.

Omnipresent~ you and i know that evildoers are carrying out their deeds in most places today so God (who is pure in heart) can't be in such a place! Habakkuk 1:13

Omniscient~ God only focus on his own purpose because looking into the future to see everything each human will do always sadden him. Proverbs 27:11

Omnipotent~ God can't do certain things now because even though he wants to right some wrong, he wish to see evildoers change, so instead of destroying them instantly or taking away their freewill he allows them to spend their limited times and they expire. 2Peter 3:9

Thanks! smiley
Re: Who Created The Devil?? by Playthepianos: 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
javaRookie:

You are arguing in a circle. The argument stems from my question? Who created Devil?
Of which your said that God did.
And that means that God created the evil he tells us to fight against. But instead of making clear points you go ahead to ask me back a question which has no correlation whatsoever with the bone of contention which is "God created the Evil(Devil) he fights against"
It's just like fighting yourself (creation) which to me is far from been wise.

You still haven't made any point with regards to my question.

if you are wise enough, you will see the answer clearly written and said over and over.

I leave you in your ignorance that you call wisdom.

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Live of God and the sweet fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us. Amen.
Re: Who Created The Devil?? by helinues: 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
Devil and God were both good buddies until money scattered their relationship... grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by kingxsamz(m): 4:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
javaRookie:
Who created the guy?
Does God create evil?

They'll tell you that he created Lucifer, not the devil, that the Lucifer was a good angel before he became Satan.
So where did the evil come out from?
And also, since God is omniscient, he definitely knew Lucifer would become Satan. So yeah, God created Satan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by kingxsamz(m): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
Playthepianos:

javaRookie

Lol, funny guy, isn't this same god omniscient?
Shebi he already knows the amount of people that'll end up in hell? So...

2 Likes

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by javaRookie: 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
Playthepianos:

if you are wise enough, you will see the answer clearly written and said over and over.

I leave you in your ignorance that you call wisdom.

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Live of God and the sweet fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us. Amen.

You started a confusion matrix when your outrightly said that God created his angels but went ahead to still say he never created the Devil.
So who is the ignorant one now?

Later mate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by kingxsamz(m): 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
Maximus69:

God never created a devil!

He gave life to so many creatures in heaven and on earth, the heavenly beings are spirits like him and they were given freewill, the earthly creatures lives on instinct so he made just one single specie on earth to live with freewill. This one and only earthly creature having freewill will rule all the other creatures existing with instinct.

So it's the creatures having freewill that began doing things that shows lack of appreciation for the privilege the Creator gave them the privilege of freewill!

There is another misconception that's causing confusion in False Religion, the Creator has the ability to foresee the future, can see everywhere and can do everything but since his first and foremost creature known as Michael (Jesus) has proved to be supportive always, God continue to give other creatures the same freewill he gave his firstborn son, but unlike Michael the some of the creatures weren't as supportive and loyal. That's what brought us to where we are today!

So God is holy meaning pure inside out, he doesn't think of evil that's why he never thought of having bad ones amongst his children, but as soon as some became rebellious God restricted them from coming back to him because his spirit follows each angel anywhere they do, but this spirit hates evil so they were disengaged and God stopped having direct dealings with them.

Today most religionsists teaches that God is Omnipotent Omnipresent and Omniscient since he's all powerful, but that's not true because he is Holy (pure) and someone pure in heart can't continue looking at what is evil.

Omnipresent~ you and i know that evildoers are carrying out their deeds in most places today so God (who is pure in heart) can't be in such a place! Habakkuk 1:13

Omniscient~ God only focus on his own purpose because looking into the future to see everything each human will do always sadden him. Proverbs 27:11

Omnipotent~ God can't do certain things now because even though he wants to right some wrong, he wish to see evildoers change, so instead of destroying them instantly or taking away their freewill he allows them to spend their limited times and they expire. 2Peter 3:9

Thanks! smiley

Is genocide evil or not?
I need a straightforward answer.

1 Like

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
kingxsamz:

Is genocide evil or not?
I need a straightforward answer.

Before you quote me make sure your brain is intact, alright? smiley

So what brought about your question?

I need a straightforward answer. smiley
Re: Who Created The Devil?? by CAPSLOCKED: 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2020
javaRookie:
Does God create evil?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by CAPSLOCKED: 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lol, funny guy, isn't this same god omniscient?
Shebi he already knows the amount of people that'll end up in hell? So...

I STOPPED READING THE THREAD WHEN ONE PERSON MENTIONED FREEWILL. NONSENSE EXCUSE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by kingxsamz(m): 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I STOPPED READING THE THREAD WHEN ONE PERSON MENTIONED FREEWILL. NONSENSE EXCUSE.

Lol, so many contradictions they refuse to accept.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by Xmuslim: 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
javaRookie:

you got it perfectly right, but their gods got it wrong unfortunately.

2 Likes

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by Xmuslim: 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2020
If Christian god exist. He is limited, and he's evil. He's not a good God. Same goes with Muslim god

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by etrange: 7:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
Everybody be shouting freewill. What is freewill? Do I really have freewill if I'll still get punished for going against your will? How's the fact that the punishment is not immediate equal to freewill?

And how is freewill even an a answer to OP's question? Freewill or no freewill, an omniscient being who can tell what will be went ahead to create the angel Lucifer knowing fully well he would revolt with his 'freewill' and still went on to create man knowing man would fall for Lucifer's temptation out of his 'freewill', and then he got angry when man did fall (as if he didn't know it would happen) and decided punish him.

Logically, there are three possible conclusions here:

1) That being didn't really know things would turn out this bad. That means he is not really omniscient.
2) That being knew all these would happen and still went ahead to orchestrate it just to amuse himself. That means he's not really as good as we think.
3) The story we have is not even true. That means religions based on this story are fallacious and no one really knows the real thing.

OP's question is, which of these is the case?

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by IMAliyu(m): 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2020
God in his perfection and goodness, created hell.
Maybe it's his plan for people to go to hell.

1 Like

Re: Who Created The Devil?? by Karleb(m): 9:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
IMAliyu:
God in his perfection and goodness, created hell.
Maybe it's his plan for people to go to hell.

Not maybe. It is.

Remember, he's unquestionable!
Re: Who Created The Devil?? by IMAliyu(m): 10:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
Karleb:

Not maybe. It is.

Remember, he's unquestionable!
Then this brings God's goodness and all loving nature into question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome Land Dispute Escalates / Mary Apparition- Confirming Our Election Part 3 / Do Atheists Believe On Jinns Or Supernatural Beings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.