Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,133 members, 7,849,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:19 AM

Converting A Theist (still In Progress) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Converting A Theist (still In Progress) (2301 Views)

"Converting HND To Degree Is Absurd" By Punch Editorial Board / Senate Mulls Converting Yabatech, Ilaro Poly To Universities / 2nd Edition Of The XFIRE Nairaland Scholarship Quiz-Final Test In Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by budaatum: 1:20pm On Jul 21, 2020
kkins25:

But It does back fire though as i have observed.
Exactly. And it backfires because it lacks foundation, just as some converted to theism had no foundation for theism and abandoned it or practise it without getting the promised results.

An alternative would be to help people develop their senses so they can use them to investigate for themselves, and not just religionise people into believing what they are told, which is what we accuse Sourcerer of doing here, of religionising people into atheism because he can't learn from Jesus, funny enough.

2 Likes

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by TheSourcerer: 5:45pm On Jul 21, 2020
LordReed:

Answer my question first.
please Reed.
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by LordReed(m): 5:46pm On Jul 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
please Reed.

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by TheSourcerer: 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
LordReed:

best ignore him don't you think Lord ?
How's your weather over there , it's quite breezy here
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by LordReed(m): 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
best ignore him don't you think Lord ?
How's your weather over there , it's quite breezy here

LoL, what a solution.

Weather is kool here, just how I like it. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by TheSourcerer: 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2020
LordReed:

LoL, what a solution.

Weather is kool here, just how I like it. wink
don't stop been perfect ♥️♥️ bro
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by LordReed(m): 6:11pm On Jul 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
don't stop been perfect ♥️♥️ bro

LoL.

♥️♥️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by budaatum: 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2020
kkins25:
elucidate on providing alternative please.
You, actually, are one who is already providing an alternative. It's what Sourcerer does with most of his threads, which is equip people with information they can know to further inform the use of their brains just as you do with your students at the cost of ₦100.

What some are against in this thread is what seems like indoctrination, a la 'preaching as theists do', and while I'm certain its not intended, the end result is mindless sheep.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by DriggityDre: 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2020
TheSourcerer:
So saw this kid (23) listening to Dax "dear God'
I was fasinated as yes it is rare to find people Nigerians listening to such s 'blashphemous song lol) so I asked for his number and here's our convo, will be updating if I can convert this soul for Lucifer
23, a kid?? shocked

Dude... you are probably older than me grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by Ghostrye: 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2020
It's great you showed him he doesn't have to be religious, but maybe you should be less misothiest and just let him see what he gains, or stops losing from being religious. It always helps if people don't feel you are directly attacking them or their views but you are instead showing them a better alternative.

Or maybe you should create an atheist hellfire where all religious people burn for all eternity, that should also do it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by kkins25(m): 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2020
LordReed:

Answer my question first.
no. Now answer mine.
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by LordReed(m): 6:29pm On Jul 23, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by kkins25(m): 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I don't see why you would be against trying to convert one , they do it all the time what's the big deal
Buddatum
if my will be done, i'd like to have them disregard the belief all together. The so call not too religious and "enlightened" religious folks would end up being like a Muttley--Laff(who still believes my soul is damned therefore i should convert to Christianity) even though he is an advocate for LGBT and is more receptive to science than most. However, do i live him wondering the streets preaching "christ is lord and saviour, and buddha is a hoax" huh?

I understand the idea of providing an alternative but my worry is, while i educate them with a gentle path on the back, my opponents are gruesomely whipping their conscience with
1)"Dont you see the bible predicted that the world would be perverse as it is now"
2) "repent, give your life to christ or face the fury of eternal inferno"
Just to name a few.

What alternative is there really? Afterall, they are equally as educated religious folks just as there are educated atheists folks.
This alternative you speak of, is it providing better world? Does it promise a better world? Infact this alternative is the very one driving the humanity depliahing materalism. Again, i ask, what alternative? Atheism is just another side of the same coin.

What are we offering? A better economy, a world without war, suffering? What exactly is this "alternative" offering that hasn't been done by our religious folks huh?..

Those who have used this mode of operation- "let them find themselves" always lose the battle. Once they are no longer on the planet then boom-religious folks take over. They implant their doctrines driven by materialism and power into the minds of humans that humans are willing to blow themselves up for a Being the've never heard, a concept ambigious to them nd so forth.

No wonder, when jesus left things went sideways. If christians had continued the "i greet you in love and kindness" we wouldn't even know of them. Hence their resort to infiltrating roman high places and governance, then using force to conquer its enemy.

How then, does a man like myself whose operus mandi is - "i would assist you with the resources to enlighten yourself" stand against my religious enemies who play dirty and obviously not by any book. Isn't my effort visibly a vain one?

I see this as a war, and everything is fair in love and war. The enemy knows this, why then should i knowingly shoot myself on the foot. History has shown time and time again that the public would rather have barabas a known criminal as companion and even leader than jesus, a merciful, sympathetic loving man.

This mission is suicidal. How do i fight pastors "armed to the teeth" with a smile and an alternative? Someone please educate me

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by kkins25(m): 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2020
LordReed:

[img]https://media./images/cc6adb2c8b5c88c132f47a600cf878be/tenor.gif[/img]
keep your end of the bargain chubby kid. Hahaha
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by kkins25(m): 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2020
DriggityDre:

23, a kid?? shocked

dont mind source. Im 25. Me too be kiddie.. Lol!!
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by LordReed(m): 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2020
kkins25:
keep your end of the bargain chubby kid. Hahaha

I am sure you are referring to yourself.
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by kkins25(m): 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2020
LordReed:

is it not obvious, the gif..
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by LordReed(m): 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2020
kkins25:
is it not obvious, the gif..

Find out the meaning of double entendre.
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by budaatum: 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2020
kkins25:

How do i fight pastors "armed to the teeth" with a smile and an alternative? Someone please educate me.
I so love the prologue of John which in the bav goes as follows:

In the beginning were books written, and from those books did knowledge spring forth so everything could be made. Knowledge eliminates ignorance as light eliminates darkness.

With Jesus, is the answer to your question. But you must first put flesh on 'him' separate from that of religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by TheSourcerer: 8:05pm On Jul 23, 2020
DriggityDre:

23, a kid?? shocked

grin

You are unique tbh
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by kkins25(m): 8:33pm On Jul 23, 2020
LordReed:

Dear lord, Reed(rid) me of the Reed that continues to plaque my lobes.
I know very well what double entendre is..
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by kkins25(m): 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2020
budaatum:

With Jesus, is the answer to your question. But you must first put flesh on 'him' separate from that of religion.

But jesus didn't win. He lost. He was nailed to the cross. In fact, as you know, he was traded for a criminal like i mentioned above. His enemies were willing to skip the book, play dirty nd utilize force.
We still face this enemy today and jesus's disciples are dead and gone par a few. Having learned from history, wouldn't it be insanity ie.repeating the same strategy as jesus, to simply providing alternatives when the enemy is not going to play by the book?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by budaatum: 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2020
kkins25:

But jesus didn't win. He lost. He was nailed to the cross. In fact, as you know, he was traded for a criminal like i mentioned above. His enemies were willing to skip the book, play dirty nd utilize force.
We still face this enemy today and jesus's disciples are dead and gone par a few. Having learned from history, wouldn't it be insanity ie.repeating the same strategy as jesus, to simply providing alternatives when the enemy is not going to play by the book?
Billions of people yelling his name says he won. Besides, I do expect you to have evolved from literally letting yourself be nailed to a cross!

Replace Jesus with the Logos he is said to have made into flesh and you'd see how even you yourself are in his army winning for [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logos_%28Christianity%29?wprov=sfla1]It[/url].

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by donjazet(m): 1:12am On Jul 24, 2020
I must say; I'm becoming fond of TheSourcerer.
Hmm, nice one.
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by budaatum: 1:29am On Jul 24, 2020
This logos holds always but humans always prove unable to ever understand it, both before hearing it and when they have first heard it. For though all things come to be in accordance with this logos, humans are like the inexperienced when they experience such words and deeds as I set out, distinguishing each in accordance with its nature and saying how it is. But other people fail to notice what they do when awake, just as they forget what they do while asleep.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logos?wprov=sfla1
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by Ishilove: 1:36am On Jul 24, 2020
budaatum:

Buda go and sleep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by budaatum: 1:48am On Jul 24, 2020
Ishilove:

Buda go and sleep
I can't! Got energy, so I'm watching SoA, playing chess, reading the Quran and bothering you all on here while contemplating a walk. Walk won. I'll listen to Ruth while on it. And thanks for helping me choose.

But hold on you! Did you write this from your dreams?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by Ishilove: 1:54am On Jul 24, 2020
budaatum:

I can't! Got energy, so I'm watching SoA, playing chess, reading the Quran and bothering you all on here while contemplating a walk. Walk won. I'll listen to Ruth while on it. And thanks for helping me choose.

But hold on you! Did you write this from your dreams?

Hahaha! Can't sleep too. However, I don't have the luxury of walking before vigilantes will accuse me of witchcraft and haul me by my frazzled hair to the Baale's palace.

Come, let me walk with you, you veteran insomniac. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by Ishilove: 2:04am On Jul 24, 2020
TheSourcerer, you're gonna have a rock tied around your neck and tossed into the ocean.

1 Like

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by budaatum: 2:54am On Jul 24, 2020
Ishilove:

Hahaha! Can't sleep too. However, I don't have the luxury of walking before vigilantes will accuse me of witchcraft and haul me by my frazzled hair to the Baale's palace.

Come, let me walk with you, you veteran insomniac. grin
Sorry I missed this. Had to go before lazy changed my mind. Your frazzled hair, lol. If they catch you first time they won't bother after that. Just say "no weapon fashioned" and make out like mad witch and they'll let you go. You got the hair, it sounds.

My brain and legs are fried. I'm going bed.
Good morning!

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by Ishilove: 7:55am On Jul 24, 2020
budaatum:

Sorry I missed this. Had to go before lazy changed my mind. Your frazzled hair, lol. If they catch you first time they won't bother after that. Just say "no weapon fashioned" and make out like mad witch and they'll let you go. You got the hair, it sounds.

My brain and legs are fried. I'm going bed.
Good morning!

Wow... 2.72km. that's like walking from Dopemu underbridge to Ikeja along... And back cheesy You must have very thick, muscular tubers of legs. I can't imagine myself walking that far. I'd develop big yam legs in a week.
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by budaatum: 8:57am On Jul 24, 2020
Ishilove:

Wow... 2.72km. that's like walking from Dopemu underbridge to Ikeja along... And back cheesy You must have very thick, muscular tubers of legs. I can't imagine myself walking that far. I'd develop big yam legs in a week.
I actually have very weak skinny legs though I walk a lot. They got skinny with the rest of me when I fell ill and lost 30kg and never got my strength back. But they can still walk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Killing Of Soldiers In Niger State Vs Delta State / Great Opportunity For Students / If You Miss Being Admitted To UNN This Year Via JAMB, See Another Way To Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.