Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Converting A Theist (still In Progress) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Converting A Theist (still In Progress) (2283 Views)

"Converting HND To Degree Is Absurd" By Punch Editorial Board / Senate Mulls Converting Yabatech, Ilaro Poly To Universities / 2nd Edition Of The XFIRE Nairaland Scholarship Quiz-Final Test In Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by TheSourcerer: 11:44am On Jul 20, 2020
So saw this kid (23) listening to Dax "dear God'
I was fasinated as yes it is rare to find people Nigerians listening to such s 'blashphemous song lol) so I asked for his number and here's our convo, will be updating if I can convert this soul for Lucifer
Richeousness89
CAPSLOCKED UndauntedYOCA palehair Bojack Xmuslim LordReed buddatum hopefullandlord Dyt ♥️WAECMATHEMATICS

Hey Richeousness89, I'm taking this guy to hell with Lucifer , pray about it

1 Like

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by success97: 12:09pm On Jul 20, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I was fasinated as yes it is rare to find people Nigerians listening to such s 'blashphemous song lol) so I asked for his number and here's our convo, will be updating if I can convert this soul for Lucifer
Richeousness89
CAPSLOCKED UndauntedYOCA palehair Bojack Xmuslim LordReed buddatum hopefullandlord Dyt ♥️WAECMATHEMATICS

Socerer, you need to look deep into yourself first and be satisfied with your own belief.
Don't convert the poor boy to atheist just because you are probably an anti - theist.

I would like to tell you it's not rare for Nigerians to listen to such. I have listened to it so many times and it's still on my playlist.

Don't try to twist the message of the song making it look like the song is preaching the believe in atheism.
Go back, sit down and understand the song.
Dax is simply voicing out his observations about religion in the world to God like any person tired of the religious system in the world. But that doesn't mean he never believed in God.

Take note believe in God is not the same as believe in a religion.

My point is this, don't wrongfully twist the message of Dax in an attempt to convert the poor boy to atheist.

This is the last 2 statements of Dax in the lyrics:
I just hope that you know that I'm still a believer
So I'll end this all by saying, "Amen"
It's Dax.

I hope u understand this.
Thanks.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by CAPSLOCKED: 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2020
ONE DAY, HE'LL "REGAIN HIS SENSES" AND SEE YOU AS THE DEVIL WHO TRIED TO MISLEAD HIM. YOU SHOULD LEAVE THAT BOY TO FIND HIMSELF IF HE WILL.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by success97: 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
ONE DAY, HE'LL "REGAIN HIS SENSES" AND SEE YOU AS THE DEVIL WHO TRIED TO MISLEAD HIM. YOU SHOULD LEAVE THAT BOY TO FIND HIMSELF IF HE WILL.

True

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by TheSourcerer: 12:34pm On Jul 20, 2020
success97:

Socerer, you need to look deep into yourself first and be satisfied with your own belief.
Don't convert the poor boy to atheist just because you are probably an anti - theist.

I would like to tell you it's not rare for Nigerians to listen to such. I have listened to it so many times and it's still on my playlist.

Don't try to twist the message of the song making it look like the song is preaching the believe in atheism.
Dax is simply voicing out his observations about religion in the world to God like any person tired of the religious system in the world. But that doesn't mean he never believed in God.

My point is this, don't wrongfully twist the message of Dax in an attempt to convert the poor boy to atheist.

It's Dax.

Thanks.

I really like you (tbh) so I'll politely ignore...
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by Zimri(m): 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2020
success97:

It's Dax.

Thanks.

✓✓✓

GET TO THE POINT OF REALIZATION AT YOUR OWN PACE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by LordReed(m): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I second this. It is not necessary to convert someone, let them find themselves.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by budaatum: 1:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
LordReed:

I second this. It is not necessary to convert someone, let them find themselves.
In fact, the whole idea of "converting someone" makes it sound like there's a switch he just has to flick, and voila, converted.

4 Likes

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by TheSourcerer: 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2020
I know LordReed, my point is that they feel so butt hurt when a theist becomes Atheists, but don't get mad converting Atheists to Theists , but yeah sure whatever Reed, They should find light themselves

NB, he decided to follow his parents Religion ,which brings me to the conclusion that these beigns are biologically incapable of mentally constructing a scene without God , ignorance is bliss indeed

3 Likes

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by TheSourcerer: 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2020
I don't see why you would be against trying to convert one , they do it all the time what's the big deal
Buddatum

1 Like

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by LordReed(m): 2:43pm On Jul 20, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I know LordReed, my point is that they feel so butt hurt when a theist becomes Atheists, but don't get mad converting Atheists to Theists , but yeah sure whatever Reed, They should find light themselves

NB, he decided to follow his parents Religion ,which brings me to the conclusion that these beigns are biologically incapable of mentally constructing a scene without God , ignorance is bliss indeed

Bad conclusion. You eventually constructed a scenario without a god didn't you, you should accept that other people can do the same even if they currently are not. And be sure that people will make the connection, some will take longer than others.
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by Xmuslim: 3:52pm On Jul 20, 2020
TheSourcerer:

you did well. Hell fire will be an interesting place, because it will house brave and intelligent people grin.

Paradise will be a sh!t hole, because it will house weak and/or unintelligent fellow.

Many people are religious because of the fear of hell. They also did not agree with some of the things in their scripture. But they think they would go to hell if they disbelief grin. If you don't go to Christian hell, you will go to Muslim hell, or other hells grin.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by budaatum: 6:09pm On Jul 20, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I don't see why you would be against trying to convert one , they do it all the time what's the big deal
Buddatum
"Against trying to convert one", Sourcerer? See how you inserted your own opinion and belief into what I wrote? That is what you should be trying to convert one from doing, if anything at all, because it shows a distortion in seeing and understanding, and some will say, is religious.
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by budaatum: 6:13pm On Jul 20, 2020
LordReed:

Bad conclusion. You eventually constructed a scenario without a god didn't you, you should accept that other people can do the same wven if they currently are not. And be sure that people will make the connection, some will take longer than others.
Do note that people could equally construct a viable scenario with a god also. That is why one should give tools instead of build scenarios for others.

2 Likes

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by TheSourcerer: 7:20pm On Jul 20, 2020
budaatum:

"Against trying to convert one", Sourcerer? See how you inserted your own opinion and belief into what I wrote? That is what you should be trying to convert one from doing, if anything at all, because it shows a distortion in seeing and understanding, and some will say, is religious.
I see your point , I believe I cry within for their lack of simple inability to comprehend logic facts and common sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by Bojack(m): 7:33pm On Jul 20, 2020
Totally unnecessary
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by TheSourcerer: 7:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
Bojack:
Totally unnecessary
why ? They do the same thing all the time Bojack,
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by budaatum: 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I see your point , I believe I cry within for their lack of simple inability to comprehend logic facts and common sense
I hope you believe wrongly because it would be rather odd for you to cry because they lack a simple inability. Lol.

I, myself, cry within for a cure to my own lack of simple inability to comprehend logic facts and common sense, because once I am cured of my simple inabilities, I might truly develop the ability to help others to not lack simple abilities.

1 Like

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by hakeem4(m): 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2020
success97:

It's Dax.

Thanks.

I don't think the term Concerting one to atheism is correct. At best you can use deconverting
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by Image123(m): 8:36pm On Jul 20, 2020
Ooh, what a scene. A baby atheist is being tutored by elder wannabe atheists. Baby is showing baby symptoms of foolishness bound in the heart. So touching.

2 Likes

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by TheSourcerer: 8:42pm On Jul 20, 2020
budaatum:

I hope you believe wrongly because it would be rather odd for you to cry because they lack a simple inability. Lol.

I, myself, cry within for a cure to my own lack of simple inability to comprehend logic facts and common sense, because once I am cured of my simple inabilities, I might truly develop the ability to help others to not lack simple abilities.
they should wallow in their ignorance , Meatheads the lots
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by kkins25(m): 5:59am On Jul 21, 2020
lord Reed and his "find themselves", honestly that statement pisses me of. no offence.
the very reason people are dumbfounded concerning religion is because the religious folks are actively participating in converting people. they apply every tool available to them. they catch the innocent minds from childhood and continue to feed them more doses of the religious drugs.

you, my dear self discovered friend, didn't discover shit without doing research from someone else's work. what do you think that person is doing? he wrote books to store in his library? No.. jesus didn't sit his ass and say "let them find " themselves. you too were converted by preachings from people who were taught by others nd so on.. what method did you use that wasn't taught by someone long before you? is it not the likes of fredrick Nietzsche, lebeinz, newton, einstein, etc that have converted us to what we are now?if Nietzsche had kept his knowledge to himself, I'm pretty sure you would be in waking up now to do morning devotion.

With this mindset of yours- "let them find" themselves, I think we in Africa would continue to enjoy being at the bottom of the food chain with regards to development. Dont forget, not every one is of the same capacity to self-reflect.

you keep saying "you found yourself", I would like to know how? was it logic? did you not also get taught by the author of the books you've read? did you not come across people's opinion that was different and opposing to the religious norm?

thesourcerer, abeg continue the evangelism. if you stop, of course another preacher would take him. But It does back fire though as i have observed. so thread with caution and dont be like i have who has lost a Good sum of "students"...

if we sit down and fold hands like lordreed suggests then we'd be over runned, they would come to houses and burn us at the stake. history is a good teacher nd I suggest lord Reed should revisit his history book.

how can we not March on the streets and give the less priviledge, another option? isn't that why we are forced to school? so that we can be converted from being dumb to a little less dumb? hmm?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by kkins25(m): 6:16am On Jul 21, 2020
success97:

Thanks.
take a look at the bolded lordreed, when the a curious kid starts to question religion then boom.. another means is devise to keep him inside. "Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship".. personally, I dont mind ppl being religious. if there collective behaviour is not affecting me and economy then good and fine.
but that is not what we have is it, on one war front we are fighting the mohammedans who are more aggressive towards their religious beliefs nd the other hand the Christian's, whom believe sowing 5000naira every month would foster economic splendor.. come on mehn.

what happens when they become world power? would you submit to religious authorities nd have your wife nd daughter walk in the hi-jab? or would you prefer to confess that "jesus christ is your lord and personal saviour?" lol. imagine a lord Reed, having another lord... reminds me of a passage from king David. "and the Lord said to my lord" hahahahah

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by TheSourcerer: 8:07am On Jul 21, 2020
kkins25:
lord Reed and his "find themselves", honestly that statement pisses me of. no offence.
the very reason people are dumbfounded concerning religion is because the religious folks are actively participating in converting people. they apply every tool available to them. they catch the innocent minds from childhood and continue to feed them more doses of the religious drugs.

you, my dear self discovered friend, didn't discover shit without doing research from someone else's work. what do you think that person is doing? he wrote books to store in his library? No.. jesus didn't sit his ass and say "let them find " themselves. you too were converted by preachings from people who were taught by others nd so on.. what method did you use that wasn't taught by someone long before you? is it not the likes of fredrick Nietzsche, lebeinz, newton, einstein, etc that have converted us to what we are now?if Nietzsche had kept his knowledge to himself, I'm pretty sure you would be in waking up now to do morning devotion.

With this mindset of yours- "let them find" themselves, I think we in Africa would continue to enjoy being at the bottom of the food chain with regards to development. Dont forget, not every one is of the same capacity to self-reflect.

you keep saying "you found yourself", I would like to know how? was it logic? did you not also get taught by the author of the books you've read? did you not come across people's opinion that was different and opposing to the religious norm?

thesourcerer, abeg continue the evangelism. if you stop, of course another preacher would take him. But It does back fire though as i have observed. so thread with caution and dont be like i have who has lost a Good sum of "students"...

if we sit down and fold hands like lordreed suggests then we'd be over runned, they would come to houses and burn us at the stake. history is a good teacher nd I suggest lord Reed should revisit his history book.

how can we not March on the streets and give the less priviledge, another option? isn't that why we are forced to school? so that we can be converted from being dumb to a little less dumb? hmm?
I do appreciate this , made sense from an angle I didn't see before , btw this was his final message , at least this one guy here is going to Lucifer for endless torture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by LordReed(m): 8:08am On Jul 21, 2020
kkins25:

kkins25:

take a look at the bolded lordreed, when the a curious kid starts to question religion then boom.. another means is devise to keep him inside. "Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship".. personally, I dont mind ppl being religious. if there collective behaviour is not affecting me and economy then good and fine.
but that is not what we have is it, on one war front we are fighting the mohammedans who are more aggressive towards their religious beliefs nd the other hand the Christian's, whom believe sowing 5000naira every month would foster economic splendor.. come on mehn.

what happens when they become world power? would you submit to religious authorities nd have your wife nd daughter walk in the hi-jab? or would you prefer to confess that "jesus christ is your lord and personal saviour?" lol. imagine a lord Reed, having another lord... reminds me of a passage from king David. "and the Lord said to my lord" hahahahah

You are just conflating two different ideas and misreprenting my position. My position is don't seek to convert which is very different from don't provide an alternative to religious thinking. If you cannot see the difference between the two, I cannot help you.
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by TheSourcerer: 8:09am On Jul 21, 2020
kkins25:

you are pure Awesomeness
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by TheSourcerer: 8:12am On Jul 21, 2020
LordReed:

You are just conflating two different ideas and misreprenting my position. My position is don't seek to convert which is very different from don't provide an alternative to religious thinking. If you cannot see the difference between the two, I cannot help you.
peace and love Reed , it's a beautiful morning ♥️breathe deeep this great air. Good morning Reed
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by LordReed(m): 8:57am On Jul 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
peace and love Reed , it's a beautiful morning ♥️breathe deeep this great air. Good morning Reed

Good morning TheSourcerer. Have a kool day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by kkins25(m): 9:39am On Jul 21, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
@lordreed, you seconded this, @bolded. how would the boy be aware of the alternative if someone isn't on the streets preaching "atheism"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by LordReed(m): 9:58am On Jul 21, 2020
kkins25:

@lordreed, you seconded this, @bolded. how would the boy be aware of the alternative if someone isn't on the streets preaching "atheism"?

Seriously do you not understand the difference between providing an alternative to religious thinking and seeking to convert?

1 Like

Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by kkins25(m): 12:12pm On Jul 21, 2020
LordReed:

Seriously do you not understand the difference between providing an alternative to religious thinking anod seeking to convert?
elucidate on providing alternative please.
Re: Converting A Theist (still In Progress) by LordReed(m): 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2020
kkins25:
elucidate on providing alternative please.

Answer my question first.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ASUU Holds NEC Meeting To Decide On Strike / What Books Can I Read To Become The Most Learned Man On Earth? / Help: How Do I Write A Personal Statement?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.