Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Why Are Girls Also Referred To As "Guys" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Girls Also Referred To As "Guys" (559 Views)

Do Girls Also Admire Boys And Be Like: I Must Eat This Guy / What Do Females Like On The Male Body As Much As Guys Like Nyansh? / Ladies, How Often Do You Desire Sex. As Much As Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Girls Also Referred To As "Guys" by donestk(m): 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2020
Help me explain this once and for all

Its common to hear girls say "you guys are not serious" to fellow girls.
Re: Why Are Girls Also Referred To As "Guys" by Oluromantic: 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2020
Because they have clitoris
Re: Why Are Girls Also Referred To As "Guys" by doctore212(m): 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2020
Me I just need two olosho to answer the question.
Re: Why Are Girls Also Referred To As "Guys" by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2020
Someone should quote me if this goes to front page.
Re: Why Are Girls Also Referred To As "Guys" by popsy2(m): 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2020
Haa
Re: Why Are Girls Also Referred To As "Guys" by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
maybe na lesbians..have not heard straight sexed ladies using such tags..abi dingbang how u cee am?
Re: Why Are Girls Also Referred To As "Guys" by etrange: 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2020
donestk:
Help me explain this once and for all

Its common to hear girls say "you guys are not serious" to fellow girls.

Language is always evolving and the idea of using the same nouns for both genders where gender distinction isn't the crux of the message is what comes along with it.

There was a time the word "guy" was just another word for man. Later, it was reserved for younger men. And then came a period when a collection of males and females would be referred to as "guys". This was primarily for convenience as it would be easier to say "come on guys" than "come on guys and ladies". While many other European languages still follow the pattern of using masculine nouns and adjectives to refer to a group of mixed genders even if it's one baby boy and million ladies, English is moving into the more convenient way of using the same word regardless of gender. The word "guy" is only one of such cases.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Girls Also Referred To As "Guys" by Vyzz: 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2020
The way ladies now pronounce girls..... U will think the are saying guys....

A slay queen forming American accent will say "u gals ain't serious" and it is going to sound like

"u guys ain't serious"
Re: Why Are Girls Also Referred To As "Guys" by dingbang(m): 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2020
lefulefu:
maybe na lesbians..have not heard straight sexed ladies using such tags..abi dingbang how u cee am?
na just innocent yarns.. You guys can also be used as a general collective term to address girls and guys. I see no wrong in that.
Re: Why Are Girls Also Referred To As "Guys" by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 20, 2020
dingbang:
na just innocent yarns.. You guys can also be used as a general collective term to address girls and guys. I see no wrong in that.
hmm ok cheesy
Re: Why Are Girls Also Referred To As "Guys" by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2020
Vyzz:
The way ladies now pronounce girls..... U will think the are saying guys....

A slay queen forming American accent will say "u gals ain't serious" and it is going to sound like

"u guys ain't serious"
hmm american accent..hope the slayqueen dont have a thick calabar accent and be trying to sound yankee cos that will be murder

Re: Why Are Girls Also Referred To As "Guys" by HomerTimpson: 9:04pm On Jul 20, 2020
etrange:

Language is always evolving and the idea of using the same nouns for both genders where gender distinction isn't the crux of the message is what comes along with it.

There was a time the word "guy" was just another word for man. Later, it was reserved for younger men. And then came a period when a collection of males and females would be referred to as "guys". This was primarily for convenience as it would be easier to say "come on guys" than "come on guys and ladies". While many other European languages still follow the pattern of using masculine nouns and adjectives to refer to a group of mixed genders even if it's one baby boy and million ladies, English is moving into the more convenient way of using the same word regardless of gender. The word "guy" is only one of such cases.
so very soon animals will be refered to as guys?undecided

(1) (Reply)

Equality Is Getting Real; applying for custody of the breast as a divorce settle / The Reason Why Ladies Are Lazy / After Fvcking Her Raw, Client Refused To Pay Prostitute Which Caused Serious Fig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.