Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause (32690 Views)

Falz Reacts To Toke Makinwa Marriage Proposal / Omini The Great: Toke Makinwa Looks Like The Last Days Of Michael Jackson VIDEO / Toke Makinwa, Bisola, Chigurl And Toyin Abraham: Who Is The Hottest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by charlesucheh(m): 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
Another she goats spits out thrash again..
this one that has signed not to get married is now giving IGBO inspiring marriage counselling...
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by Egie4real: 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2020
Idiotmod:
Look back to go do Ur olosho work small abi
You gat no chill �
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by BENEAMATA: 9:35pm On Jul 23, 2020
mrchineke:

100% correct.

Nigerians are incredibly stupid people. See as church full ground everywhere yet we are the most dis-speakable hypocritical people on planet earth.

Tope is seriously on point. Too many marriages are full of hatred and resentment. Many married women are forming loyal only because most of them are BROKE!
nigerians are not stupid people mister , mind your utterance on social media .I can ignore such comments but then , my parents , our parents being refered to like that with such sweeping comments .
And oh , by the way , " dis-speakable " is actually spelt as DESPICABLE , you're welcomed . And despicable will perfectly sums up those throw bananas and make catcalls at black players ,those who lock out blacks from eateries as well as their homes in freezing cold , who kneel on black man's neck , who hides stolen funds for thieving african officials and still label us as " fantastically corrupt " , so please know where you will channel your bile towards , all the self loathing black men better know these racist see all blacks as the same .
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by BENEAMATA: 9:41pm On Jul 23, 2020
Idiotmod:
Look back to go do Ur olosho work small abi
look back , like Lot's wife grin . see as she sef resemble PILLAR OF CLAY for the pix
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by abike12(f): 9:45pm On Jul 23, 2020
david290:
You get it. I came from a family where dad and mom have been blackmailing each other for over three decades. Dad knows mom can't leave and mom knows dad can't leave due to religious leanings. Myself and siblings have settled fight tire. At different times in my life I have felt like may be if there had been a renewal or something, it would have at least kept them on their toes and they wouldn't be taking each other for granted.

I'm so sorry you experienced that. Sadly this is mostly the case in Nigerian marriages. People who celebrate our low divorce statistics are failing to acknowledge that a lot of people are actually stranded in their marriages due to financial dependency, religious reasons and fear of stigma. I can count on one hand the number of older Nigerian couples that I know that have good marriages, most are hot messes with tales of abuse, infidelity, family drama, blackmail and unhappiness. On the other hand in the US we have a much higher rate of divorce but for the people that choose to stay together you can tell that the marriage is a real functioning marriage with both couples trying their best.
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by Tonitoniton(m): 10:02pm On Jul 23, 2020
may God punish that ur mouth. these are some the enemies of marriage in the society. satanic agents commissioned to destroy marriage institutions
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by mofedamijo(m): 10:09pm On Jul 23, 2020
mrchineke:

@bolded

Reality or movie?

If you don't believe in love it's fine, let those who do enjoy it. Even animal exhibit a great level of love and loyalty. The love my dog has for me will make him tear anyone who tries to hurt me into shreds, even if you shut him, that stud will fight till its last breath. Likewise, a mother will take 400 bullets if it will protect her child, that is love. Also, some mothers won't even take a slap for their child, whatever your beliefs and practices, it won't invalidate the truth and certainly, it won't change the UNIVERSE.
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by chinedumoooo: 10:26pm On Jul 23, 2020
mrchineke:

Dey there dey deceive yaself. There is much more frustration in marriage, in both rich and poor homes. Marriage? I am single at 53 and I sleep better than many overstressed, financially drained, unhappy married men walking around like zombies.
Abeg free the lady
Recreation is Paramount, without recreation happiness will be truant.
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by chibuzorAbia: 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2020
jornwhite:

funny ! why should i proof what you can even dis-proof, from ur great grandfather up till ur dad ... pls point outline ones that d not marry, to the present .. does ur sista or brother not want to marry that if they're not married yet sef, among ur buddies how many can you confidently stake ur life they won't marry or have anytin to do with marriage ...bro sampling as begun, that how to arrive @ facts.
If you must know,there is no present without an history, while both the present & the future are the factorial coordinates to locate the future
its not a coincidence the quran collaborates the bible to some extent, that as proven truly there was an history.there is no life without a source n there is no source without an history
one of my greatest fearing growing as a kid was i won't get to 20yrs b4 the world will end, pastor then were alway chanting we are @ end time, so i felt just extra time,... but to day i have lived two more decades n the world is still rolling, my conclusion is that it will alway look like marriage will end buh 50yrs from now your own grandchildren will still be craving marriage n carting aso ebi. whatever sign you are seein remember nothing new on earth. #no bible tongue

What is all this epistle?

You affirmed a statement and I asked you to prove it. You failed woefully. Next time start the statement with “As a Christian I believe God instituted marriage”
That statement will not require you to prove it.

God said this God said that, without solid prove is red herring.

The world beyond Africa is huge and full of people who actually use their brains and intellect and they question things. They don’t just believe anything that does not stand up to logic.

Funny enough the Europeans who brought us the bible no longer believe nor revere it. It is just a set of irrelevant tales from the past.

Marriage began when human being began to cultivate farming, settlements and develop communities. The free for all, survival of the fittest, the strongest male mates with the female ended and civilised practice became part of the culture. That was where pairing started.

Not from some Christian God hiding away watching 7Billion human being committing sins! That’s A lot of illogical crap!
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by chibuzorAbia: 10:38pm On Jul 23, 2020
mofedamijo:

If you don't believe in love it's fine, let those who do enjoy it. Even animal exhibit a great level of love and loyalty. The love my dog has for me will make him tear anyone who tries to hurt me into shreds, even if you shut him, that stud will fight till its last breath. Likewise, a mother will take 400 bullets if it will protect her child, that is love. Also, some mothers won't even take a slap for their child, whatever your beliefs and practices, it won't invalidate the truth and certainly, it won't change the UNIVERSE.

Absolutely, natural love and loyalty between pets and their owner. Also motherly love and parental love. Yes these are very solid.

But 2 random human beings of the opposite sex forming love (mostly sexual infatuation)? Nahhh!
How old are you?

Why do people walk away when illness and poverty arrives?
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by Rigidity(m): 11:06pm On Jul 23, 2020
what she said is actually wrong. though many homes in Nigeria are experiencing hardship in their marriage.
God institute marriage which can not be amended till eternity but their is room for divorce (that's for couple with marriage certificate)
Don't think Nigerians love their children more than the developed nations just because they stick to their marriage.
If Nigerian can leave independently like the developed nations...... the rate of divorce in nigga will be high too.
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by mofedamijo(m): 11:08pm On Jul 23, 2020
chibuzorAbia:

Absolutely, natural love and loyalty between pets and their owner. Also motherly love and parental love. Yes these are very solid.

But 2 random human beings of the opposite sex forming love (mostly sexual infatuation)? Nahhh!
How old are you?

Why do people walk away when illness and poverty arrives?

What does my age have to do with anything? Why do people donate their organs to their spouse when it is needed? The fact that someone walked away doesn't mean we don't have couples who will stick together in the face of challenges. My parents have been married for almost 40 years, same with my uncles and aunties and I can tell you, they stood by each other when the going was extremely tough. I have also had someone who stood by me and vice versa. You can believe whatever you want to believe.

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 23, 2020

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by LilMissRobbie(f): 11:37pm On Jul 23, 2020
Adex2442:

Woow. I like yr comment. Sounds so mature. Cute eyes tho. U should be called Daisy.

Lol, thanks dear. But I'm cool with my name smiley
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by jornwhite: 11:39pm On Jul 23, 2020
chibuzorAbia:

You affirmed a statement and I asked you to prove it. You failed woefully. Next time start the statement with “ As a Christian I believe God instituted marriage”

God this God that without solid prove is red herring.

The world beyond Africa is huge and full people who actually use their brain and intellect and they question things.

Funny enough the Europeans who brought us the bible no longer believe nor revere it. It is just a set of irrelevant tales from the past.

Marriage began when human being began to cultivate farming, settlements and community. The free for all, survival of the fittest, the strongest male mates with the female ended and that civilised practice became part of culture.

Not from some Christian God hiding away watching 7Billion human being committing sins! A lot of crap!

You must be gud @ ranting, asking me to prove whu instituted marriage sounds dumb... if you know any man that did simply drop his name.
i don't have to proof God did anything, believe whatever your want buh bro keep out of public domain.
That dey simply go about there lives without carrying bible or church 4 head does not mean they don't acknowledge God existence, i also find it funny d same whites run to church when huge casualties struck, 9/11 dem remember church, now covid 19 we saw the so called superior race prayed. who is fooling who.
In your wisdom & supreme knowledge why not educate others how humans came into existence since d God of xtain is just anothet fairy tale. pls don't even start with the homosapien crab!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by Rigidity(m): 11:45pm On Jul 23, 2020
[quote author=chibuzorAbia post=92036765]

You affirmed a statement and I asked you to prove it. You failed woefully. Next time start the statement with “As a Christian I believe God instituted marriage”

God said this God said that, without solid prove is red herring.

The world beyond Africa is huge and full of people who actually use their brains and intellect and they question things. They don’t just believe anything that does not stand up to logic.

Marriage began when human being began to cultivate farming, settlements and community. The free for all, survival of the fittest, the strongest male mates with the female ended and that civilised practice became part of culture.

Not from some Christian God hiding away watching 7Billion human being committing sins! A lot of crap!
[/quote
Did you really mean what you posted or you're juat trying to make fun of it?
If you really meant your statement...... then you need counseling
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by Adex2442: 3:00am On Jul 24, 2020
LilMissRobbie:

Lol, thanks dear. But I'm cool with my name smiley

Would be an honor to know u. Can u pls email me yr contact? Thanks dear.

utuborosariemen@hotmail.com
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by emecheboy2(m): 3:19am On Jul 24, 2020
Nbotee:
It is funny how ppl who aren't married seem to have an opinion about marriage
I wonder, they know nothing. If you aren't married, you don't understand or have an opinion period.
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by emecheboy2(m): 3:21am On Jul 24, 2020
Typical radical left ideology and anti-christianity.
supremenews:
Toke Makinwa tweeted;

https://mobile.twitter.com/tokstarr/status/1286217846582804480
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by agboifeanyi242(m): 3:22am On Jul 24, 2020
Dotherightthing:

21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.

Bros! you be nairaland grammar bot or what?

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by banio: 3:59am On Jul 24, 2020
This marriage expiry date sweet me. After squashing Mary for two years, I can move to Ify my love, then Abike my dream.

At the long run, the women will be losers.... Use and dumped
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by Jablexme1(m): 6:54am On Jul 24, 2020
aunty no think am ooo because e go affect ladies pass men.
imagine say na 20 years e dey expire and the man marry you @40 years, na 60years you go turn and that like been a widow
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by afemgbosey(m): 8:39am On Jul 24, 2020
Dotherightthing:

21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.

Can you write correctly or speak fluently you mother tongue? That is racist

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by Rigidity(m): 9:08am On Jul 24, 2020
afemgbosey:

Can you write correctly or speak fluently you mother tongue? That is racist
Correct yourself first before correcting others........ smh
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by Nkemjika98: 9:23am On Jul 24, 2020
GOFRONT:
Just imagine....

An already expired product tryna paste an expiry date to an Institution that she has found it difficult to gain admission into.....

Well, Toke and other Nairaland residence Expired Evening newspapers will buy into it.......Tufiakwa

Wetin remain wey lalasticlala never see for Snake kingdom..

Bros this one na gbas gbos ooo��....Shey Toke has offended you before ni......
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by chibuzorAbia: 11:09am On Jul 24, 2020
[quote author=Rigidity post=92038463][/quote]

Yeah! Upon all your millions of churches in every street and every corner are you not

The headquarter of poverty in the world

The most corrupt and indisciplined people on earth

The most unfaithful women on the planet

The richest ( from stealing) pastors in the world

Zero infrastructure and human capital development

Country worse than bible HELL

shut up!
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by Rigidity(m): 12:01pm On Jul 24, 2020
chibuzorAbia:

Yeah! Upon all your millions of churches in every street and every corner are you not

The headquarter of poverty in the world

The most corrupt and indisciplined people on earth

The most unfaithful women on the planet

The richest ( from stealing) pastors in the world

Zero infrastructure and human capital development

Country worse than bible HELL

shut up!
so because our government, some leaders in church and mosque are corrupt and unfaithful did not mean it's as a result of what they read in bible or quran
the Bible is as Holy as God cause that's the indecator of God to man
that you've read the bible before doesn't mean you understood what you read.... don't you ever talk about the bible like that again
to the developed nations that brought Christianity to nigga
they believe in God and their level of understanding didn't relate with yours
which country can ever survive without God?
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by Vicilo(m): 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2020
supremenews:
Toke Makinwa tweeted;

Shameful comment to some peoples role model. Were u d one who instituted matrimony? Do even no y it was put in place? My guest is no bcus u are Olosho
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by luluosas(m): 12:53pm On Jul 24, 2020
So says the foolish lady
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by Komu1048(m): 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2020
supremenews:
Toke Makinwa tweeted;

This will benefit men most cox after ten years most of this women wud have lost shape, mentally derailed, and look old. And trust men they will go for younger ladies. At 40 their will be more single women than at 20’s. I strongly concur, I agree with Ashawo on this
Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by Komu1048(m): 1:20pm On Jul 24, 2020
Rigidity:

so because our government, some leaders in church and mosque are corrupt and unfaithful did not mean it's as a result of what they read in bible or quran
the Bible is as Holy as God cause that's the indecator of God to man
that you've read the bible before doesn't mean you understood what you read.... don't you ever talk about the bible like that again
to the developed nations that brought Christianity to nigga
they believe in God and their level of understanding didn't relate with yours
which country can ever survive without God?

If not for Christ and bible I would have rape, steal, do drug and yahoo. But each time I take the Bible, Holy Spirit quickens my body to align myself with his words and promises

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa: Marriage Should Have An Expiry Date And Subject To Renewal Clause by Ifedayo94(m): 1:44pm On Jul 24, 2020
I won't say her opinions was bad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's Death: 24 Years After - Son Writes / Ufuoma Mcdermott Celebrates Her Daughter, Kesiena's 5th Birthday / Halima Abubakar Flaunts Abs In Crop Top

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.