Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver (38019 Views)

What A Lagos Bolt Driver Sent To His Friend / Broke Lady Offers Lagos Uber Driver Sex In Exchange For Payment. He Refuses / A Lagos Bike Rider Uses Dustbin As Dispatch Box To Evade Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Ishilove: 7:32pm On Jul 26, 2020
sonnie10:

My dear, I even decided once that it was shorts and T shirt only to blend whenever I am home.
You know what? These two girls somewhere I went to speaking in one of the minority Nigerian dialects not knowing that I speak the language too.
Girl 1: see how fresh this guy’ skin is
Girl 2 : he must be using an expensive cream
Girl 1: no now. You see the kind T shirt he is wearing. Does that look like what you see here?
Girl2: I see your point. It’s fresh weather from outside.

Me, just chilling and pressing my phone .
Congrats. We all now know your skin is fresh and you have oyibo accent.

1 Like

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Ishilove: 7:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
pocohantas:

I can’t explain it, but there is a way we always single out diasporans. Even without the accent, there is this refinery and general chill they come with. It is as if once you travel out, you realize the next person isn’t your village people, so tolerance level go increase.

Lol, don’t mind them. People in business always think they have all the business ideas. Before you talk one, them done talk twenty.
Refinery ko, depot ni. It's like you never jam Emeka Cambodia and Obinna Malaysia. Or even Bayo Canada.
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by pocohantas(f): 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
Ishilove:

Refinery ko, depot ni. It's like you never jam Emeka Cambodia and Obinna Malaysia. Or even Bayo Canada.

Lmao. Ishi, I told someone that the Nigerians in Asia are usually loud, I noticed it. The ones in Europe and America are usually more reserved, with the corporate ones topping the list.

Bayo Canada was definitely a Yoruba demon before he migrated. cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Ishilove: 7:41pm On Jul 26, 2020
pocohantas:

Lmao. Ishi, I told someone that the Nigerians in Asia are usually loud, I noticed it. The ones in Europe and America are usually more reserved, with the corporate ones topping the list.

Bayo Canada was definitely a Yoruba demon before he migrated. cheesy cheesy
You do have a point. I have business dealings with Uche China and it is in pidgin I communicate with him because he can bare speak English. The day I met him he looked like the typical Igbo man we meet daily on the streets of Onitsha. One day the even the pidgin no reach am. He sent me a voice note in conk Igbo, which I promptly sent to Anwulika Lagos for translation.
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by sonnie10: 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2020
Ishilove:

Congrats. We all now know your skin is fresh and you have oyibo accent.
Send me a private message.
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Ishilove: 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
sonnie10:

Send me a private message.
Why?
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by sonnie10: 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
Ishilove:

Why?
To expand my network.
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Ishilove: 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2020
sonnie10:

To expand my network.
Your own PM button works as well.

Is it business network?
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by sonnie10: 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2020
Ishilove:

Your own PM button works as well.

Is it business network?
Not business. Social network
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Ishilove: 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2020
sonnie10:

Not business. Social network

Ok
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by EazyMoh(m): 10:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
Gaggii:

E don carry me enter close before

Like I said it is not perfect but it is way better than any other map. Uber, Bolt, Opay, BB, Apple whatever...
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by castro316: 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2020
Heathrow44:

So u wat to join hands & think of something achievable with sm1 the mommy is still feeding with feeding bottle! grin, Las las this life no balance at all grin

With the right mentorship he shall grow and think too
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by castro316: 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2020
Heathrow44:

All this things u said here is just to share the spotlight and stage with me, but I would kick u down flying so high that ur bush baby yansh would hit d ground so hard, since u failed to choose d respectable way of doing so! grin grin

I gently come down for you baba. Pikin wey Dem carry for back no know say road far. So this is your mission in nairaland...to be the spotlight. I am so sorry I am right carry on with your spot light catching
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 30, 2020
castro316:

With the right mentorship he shall grow and think too

Yea, the young shall grow, after u!
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Spechialone(f): 11:30pm On Sep 29, 2020
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 17, 2020
Hello pilots, how are you guys coping with business? Hope we are all doing great.

My names are John Ikechukwu Ifesoluchukwu, A.K.A Johntehman, am from Enugu State, Nssukka Nigeria and currently reside in Abuja.

Am a web developer and also currently an e – hailing driver doing business with two hailing companies, Bolt and Uber.

I joined the recent Abuja drivers protest, which many of us will agree that it was not easy to disseminate information and the oga patapata � of them all, it was not successful as even ONE of our demands was not meet.

I was one of the propagator of this protest, I even went ahead to create a program to receive SMS on virtual numbers online incase bolt or uber riders app blocks me from requesting the Judas we had.

I noticed one things that made the protest hard to comply with by other drivers;

Unity: I know every driver experience same pain as others and will gladly join protest if they had the information, there was no central information dissemination system.

I also noticed one things that made the protest fell on deaf ears;

Too much visibility : lol, Bolt and Uber where setting comfortably on their couch at home watching us on TV, laughing as we held billboards and chanting solidarity songs as if they were the government.

Hmm, we shouldn’t have even move an inch from our houses, there would have been no need for TV or radio sensitization if we had a means of a central unified information dissemination system.

This is where we came in as web developers doing our own individual social responsibility for drivers nationwide;

We developed an online powerful forum software for every drivers nationwide to belong too called drivers forum community.

This website is a non – profit, elegant, effective, powerful and advert free forum software solution dedicated to E - Hailing Drivers Nationwide.

It allows users to communicate in discussion topics on a given subject in a clever and organized manner.

Furthermore, it has a number of powerful features which admins and end users (not Endsars oo, lol.) can take advantage of.

And most importantly; will create a great bond and unity within Drivers all thanks to a powerful information driven program built inn.

This forum is private, and has a system to confirm if registrants are drivers or not, nobody what happens inside.

Accessible @ https://driversforum.ng

Twitter https://twitter.com/driversforumng

Instagram https://instagram.com/driversforum

This forum took weeks of dedication, RESOURCES and expertise to build with the help of other anonymous developer who prefers to go mute.

NB: ONE ADMIN OF EACH WHATSAPP GROUPs NATIONWIDE HAVE DIRECT volunteery MODERATORS OFFICE ON THE FORUM AFTER CONFIRMATION.

IF YOU WERE THE CHOSSEN ADMIN OF YOUR WHATSAPP GROUP, PLEASE SEND A MESSAGE TO 09013747274 FOR CONFIRMATION.

SENSITIZATION ARE ON OTHER PLATFORMS TOO.

The forum mission is simple "bring all drivers as one" in case of any injustice done by our so called hailing partners.

It will all start with you, join now and create a bond.

See you at the other side.

Regards
JOHNTECHMAN for the forum team.

1 Share

Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by drehdinho(m): 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2020
Re: Musings Of A Lagos Uber Driver by drehdinho(m): 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2020
furiousforum:
Hello pilots, how are you guys coping with business? Hope we are all doing great.

My names are John Ikechukwu Ifesoluchukwu, A.K.A Johntehman, am from Enugu State, Nssukka Nigeria and currently reside in Abuja.

Am a web developer and also currently an e – hailing driver doing business with two hailing companies, Bolt and Uber.

I joined the recent Abuja drivers protest, which many of us will agree that it was not easy to disseminate information and the oga patapata � of them all, it was not successful as even ONE of our demands was not meet.

I was one of the propagator of this protest, I even went ahead to create a program to receive SMS on virtual numbers online incase bolt or uber riders app blocks me from requesting the Judas we had.

I noticed one things that made the protest hard to comply with by other drivers;

Unity: I know every driver experience same pain as others and will gladly join protest if they had the information, there was no central information dissemination system.

I also noticed one things that made the protest fell on deaf ears;

Too much visibility : lol, Bolt and Uber where setting comfortably on their couch at home watching us on TV, laughing as we held billboards and chanting solidarity songs as if they were the government.

Hmm, we shouldn’t have even move an inch from our houses, there would have been no need for TV or radio sensitization if we had a means of a central unified information dissemination system.

This is where we came in as web developers doing our own individual social responsibility for drivers nationwide;

We developed an online powerful forum software for every drivers nationwide to belong too called drivers forum community.

This website is a non – profit, elegant, effective, powerful and advert free forum software solution dedicated to E - Hailing Drivers Nationwide.

It allows users to communicate in discussion topics on a given subject in a clever and organized manner.

Furthermore, it has a number of powerful features which admins and end users (not Endsars oo, lol.) can take advantage of.

And most importantly; will create a great bond and unity within Drivers all thanks to a powerful information driven program built inn.

This forum is private, and has a system to confirm if registrants are drivers or not, nobody what happens inside.

Accessible @ https://driversforum.ng

Twitter https://twitter.com/driversforumng

Instagram https://instagram.com/driversforum

This forum took weeks of dedication, RESOURCES and expertise to build with the help of other anonymous developer who prefers to go mute.

NB: ONE ADMIN OF EACH WHATSAPP GROUPs NATIONWIDE HAVE DIRECT volunteery MODERATORS OFFICE ON THE FORUM AFTER CONFIRMATION.

IF YOU WERE THE CHOSSEN ADMIN OF YOUR WHATSAPP GROUP, PLEASE SEND A MESSAGE TO 09013747274 FOR CONFIRMATION.

SENSITIZATION ARE ON OTHER PLATFORMS TOO.

The forum mission is simple "bring all drivers as one" in case of any injustice done by our so called hailing partners.

It will all start with you, join now and create a bond.

See you at the other side.

Regards
JOHNTECHMAN for the forum team.

Bro, what's going on. I paid 5k for your course since morning and no email from you up till now...

Pls, check your email and acknowledge the payment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Commercial Bus Falls Off A Bridge In Oshodi, Lagos (Photos) / Man Dies In A Car Accident In Ekpoma (Graphic Video And Pics) / My Visit To The Ancient Esa Cave Iyin Ekiti...with Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.