Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) (43016 Views)

‘One Elephant Is Out Of The Road’ – Fubara Celebrates Victory, Hails Wike As Oga / I Will Consult My Wife, Others If Tinubu Offers Me Appointment – Wike (Video) / 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 29, 2020
Wtf77:

Look, if you've got proof, then post the proof !
young man go to culture section and cure yourself of ignorance
Edos are yorubas.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

even the yorubas have more solid and sound proof.

something that is 100 percent similar to this day.

too say edos are yorubas is a solid fact and your pre colonial map is another farce.

Edos proximity to yorubas settles the argument to be fact a long time ago.

Ok, by this statement you have proven to be either joking, either lying on purpose, either completely uneducated and ignorant.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2020
Wtf77:

Ok, by this statement you have proven to be either joking, either lying on purpose, either completely uneducated and ignorant.

I have proven that the statement is sound. Edos are yorubas.

go to culture section and read up.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2020
Wtf77:

every single edo man knows he/she is fully related to yorubas..
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Dartilo(m): 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

I am not... We are not...
Stop forcing it..
Don't claim us we should rather claim u guys that If we are....
But we are not

4 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Christistruth00: 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
Dedetwo:

Yari.ba peeps always think that everybody is gullible and tend to throw craps around. If "Eko (Ereko) means field in Yoruba", where other places the Ijebu called Eko beside Lagos? Where there no other fields in Ijebu land? By the story supplied by the certain Yari.ba persons, Ile Ife, the alleged home of Oduduwa and Akanbi never had an Oba until the return of the one of Oduduwa's grand sons. The origination of Ooni supported this plank of the story. It had been stated that neither Oduduwa nor Akanbi was an Oba.

There is Eko-Ende and Eko-Ajala In Osun State.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Atigba: 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Case closed.

from the foregoing it once again established that Ikwerre are yorubas..

Lawani once said this..

Ikwerres are not Yoruba. They are Idu children in Igodomigodo.

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Atigba: 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

The binis are related to Yoruba, and are just small percentage of the population of Edo State. There are many tribes in Igodomigodo.

The people that relate to Yoruba in Benin city are few families who migrated with Orominyan from Ille Ife in 12 century AD not Igodomigodo indegines.

You see, you have no idea what you are talking about. Ikwerres are citizens of Igodomigodo

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Atigba: 12:40pm On Jul 29, 2020
Dartilo:

I am not... We are not...
Stop forcing it..
Don't claim us we should rather claim u guys that If we are....
But we are not

You are not related to Yoruba, you are a citizen of Igodomigodo
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Atigba: 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

young man go to culture section and cure yourself of ignorance

Edos are yorubas.

Edo is a name of a slave boy who saved Oba Ewuare from danger. Edo is not a tribe, and the people called Edo are in Oredo local government.

You mistaken Edo State to Edo tribe in Oredo local government. As a state, many ethnic nationalities reside there. The Ika, Urhobo, Isoko, Esan, Afema, Fulani... yes Fulani, Igbanke, Benin
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Dartilo(m): 12:46pm On Jul 29, 2020
Atigba:

You are not related to Yoruba, you are a citizen of Igodomigodo

I bear Eweka as surname..
What does that tell you...

I am a direct descendant of oba eweka family...
We are Edo
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Case closed.

Lawani once said this..
Because he said what he wanted u to hear.....
Since when did he become an authority of Benin history
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Atigba: 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2020
Wtf77:

1) oranmiyan is a fairytale ! He never existed.
2) ife is a small village, Benin is an empire ! The small insignificant village can't be the ancestral home of a great empire !
3) you have no evidence for your claims ! All you do is repeat yoruba Propaganda.

Orominyan founded Ille ibinu inside Igodomigodo and is 3 local government in Edo South, it is not fairytale.

Benin became Empire in late 14 century due to contact with the Portugueses because you were supplying them slaves. In return they helped you expand your kingdom, if you are ille Ibinu in Edo State you can't deny your origin which is Ife. Ife was not an Empire, I agree but that is where Orominyan who founded Ille Ibinu came from and families who came along with him to Igodomigodo in 12 century AD.

You don't know yourba history more than them. Again that your Ekerladahan story is fake. Our Ekerladahan lived and died in Ughoton according to Egharevba. Finally Ekerladahan is not the first son of Ogiso Owodo.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Nonsense... I'm Benin ...and I'm not a Yoruba
stop be a revisionist

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2020
Atigba:

[s]

Orominyan founded Ille ibinu inside Igodomigodo and is 3 local government in Edo South, it is not fairytale.

Benin became Empire in late 14 century due to contact with the Portugueses because you were supplying them slaves. In return they helped you expand your kingdom, if you are ille Ibinu in Edo State you can't deny your origin which is Ife. Ife was not an Empire, I agree but that is where Orominyan who founded Ille Ibinu came from and families who came along with him to Igodomigodo in 12 century AD.

You don't know yourba history more than them. Again that your Ekerladahan story is fake. Our Ekerladahan lived and died in Ughoton according to Egharevba. Finally Ekerladahan is not the first son of Ogiso Owodo[/s].

if Ekaladerhan story is fake ..I want u to produce eyewitness reports that makes ur oranmiyan story true
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Atigba: 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2020
Dartilo:

I bear Eweka as surname..
What does that tell you...

I am a direct descendant of oba eweka family...
We are Edo

Thanks for being sincere.

Then you are from Ille Ife not an aborigine of Igodomigodo.

You have no right to talk about Ogiso or Igodomigodo history. Your ancestors Orominyan came to our land in 12 century AD. You have to respect your father land Ife. Respect your yoruba brothers as well and stop fabricating fake stories about our history.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Atigba: 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2020
Etinosa1234:

if Ekaladerhan story is fake ..I want u to produce eyewitness reports that makes ur oranmiyan story true

Your ancestors in Benin Kingdom, Benin Traditional Council has already written your history down, you new generation can't change it. Is too late.

Egharevba was a chief in Oba palace, short history of Benin 1934.

I won't past documents here because it doesn't worth it.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2020
macof:

That is a mere narrative that has no backing in even Bini tradition. You miscreants always need me to repeat myself because you yourselves do nothing but repeat the same thing over and over again

1. If ekaladaran is oduduwa, who changed his name to Izoduwa or Imadoduwa, why do you call him Ododuwa. Everywhere in Bini he is only known as Ododuwa not ekaladaran not imadoduwa not izoduwa. There is even a festival in honor of the oba's ancestors and the beginning of the Obaship era called Ugie Ododua not Ugie Ogiso grin

2. Why two names? You people can't even settle which lie you want to tell so you bring out two names.. Either Imadoduwa or Izoduwa. Just look at the discrepancy here alone

3. Oduduwa or in Bini - Ododuwa is referred to as Ododuwa n'uhe (oduduwa of ife) not ekaladaran of igodomigodo.. Never is there any praise to oduduwa or reference to the oba of Benin as a descendant of oduduwa which incorporates "igodomigodo" or "ogiso"

4. Talking about praise.. Here is the praise names of the oba of Benin

I highlighted in bold the few that connect the oba to Yorùbáland/Ife/Oduduwa.
Nothing here suggests a connection to igodomigodo/ ekaladaran/ogiso

5. Traditionally, ọba of Bini has to honor the Ekiokpagha treaty that ceremonially transfers authority from the Ogiamien to the Ọmọnọba. Oba Ewedo even after defeating the Ogiamien had to pay for rights to enter the city and every new Ọmọnọba traditional has to honor the right of indigene that the Ogiamien has which the Ọba of Bini does not.

Still the same thing...

Bring eyewitness reports that supports ur claims
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2020
Atigba:

[s]
Your ancestors in Benin Kingdom, Benin Traditional Council has already written your history down, you new generation can't change it. Is too late.

Egharevba was a chief in Oba palace, short history of Benin 1934.

I won't past documents here because it doesn't worth it.[/s]

I'm a Benin person

Pls tell me the difference between Benin and Edo in the following categories
A) Language
B) Food
c) Dressing

We all know abt Egharevba...bring eyewitness reports that Benin are related to yoruba

U can't paste evidence because it's not worth...but u think it's worth it to lie here
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2020
Etinosa1234:

They lie with confidence...

Almost all of them(except the ones that have read wide) have that innate belief that Benin is under Yoruba..

Instead of them to think about how they'll recover Ilorin.. grin

Yes, the worse is even after you prove your claims and prove they are lying, they just keep talking like a broken record, manufacturing lies by the hundreds.

I am trying to publish several graduate texts in mathematics, I need to get back to that.

I might publish s history book in the near future as well, it will be backed with proof. I will debunk all these yoruba lies in the form of a book and I will expose the revionism of many in the field of African history.

I am off to the swimming pool.

Below, you will see a part of one of my papers on model theory.

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

even the yorubas have more solid and sound proof.

something that is 100 percent similar to this day.

too say edos are yorubas is a solid fact and your pre colonial map is another farce.

Edos proximity to yorubas settles the argument to be fact a long time ago.

Bring proof that Edos are yorubas...

There must be some evidence or eyewitness reports...Don't u think
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 1:11pm On Jul 29, 2020
Wtf77:

Yes, the worse is even after you prove your claims and prove they are lying, they just keep talking like a broken record, manufacturing lies by the hundreds.

I am trying to publish several graduate texts in mathematics, I need to get back to that.

I might publish s history book in the near future as well, it will be backed with proof. I will debunk all these yoruba lies in the form of a book and I will expose the revionism of many in the field of African history.
I am off to the swimming pool.

The lies that we see here is beyond human reason
All lies without proof and they tend to follow each other like sheep to the slaughter

I'm still waiting on proof that Benin and Yoruba are related

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 29, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Bring proof that Edos are yorubas...

There must be some evidence or eyewitness reports...Don't u think
Don't offer the crooks a way to swindle. If you say "evidence" they will bastardise that word and give you some lies and call it evidence.
Only ask for eyewitness written documents.
That is how the field of history deals with revisionists. Only eyewitness written documents are allowed !
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Dartilo(m): 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
Atigba:

Thanks for being sincere.

Then you are from Ille Ife not an aborigine of Igodomigodo.

You have no right to talk about Ogiso or Igodomigodo history. Your ancestors Orominyan came to our land in 12 century AD. You have to respect your father land Ife. Respect your yoruba brothers as well and stop fabricating fake stories about our history.

I am not interested in debating, but I will tel it my root we are not related to Yoruba

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Tranquill: 1:19pm On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Case closed.

Lawani once said this..

Ikwerres are not Yoruba.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by macof(m): 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2020
Dedetwo:

Yari.ba peeps always think that everybody is gullible and tend to throw craps around. If "Eko (Ereko) means field in Yoruba", where other places the Ijebu called Eko beside Lagos? Where there no other fields in Ijebu land?
Lmao grin OK. To answer your question..

One of the biggest streets, probably the biggest in Idumota quarters of Lagos is Ereko Street. There is also the Ọjà Ereko in Lagos.
Outside Lagos State, there is Ereko in Ijebu Ode and Ibafo

Please note that the term "Lagos" refers to
I. A state
II. A metropolitan city within the state that has kept expanding
III. A part of the city on the Island traditionally called Ereko.
All 3 are called Eko or Lagos

So when I say just "Lagos" I'm not talking about the state or modern metropolitan area.

See screenshot below of the districts within the initial boundary of the City in the 19th century before all this modern Lagos State expansion
-----

I can ask you same question.

If Èkó means Camp and was named by Bini, why are there no other places named by the Bini called Eko?
Don't forget that one of the European texts shared on this thread mentioned clearly that Bini do not call Lagos Eko but Kurame

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Atigba: 1:23pm On Jul 29, 2020
Etinosa1234:

I'm a Benin person

Pls tell me the difference between Benin and Edo in the following categories
A) Language
B) Food
c) Dressing

We all know abt Egharevba...bring eyewitness reports that Benin are related to yoruba

Eye witnes..Lol.. you are a joke. You can't deny your root..ille ife. I wish you can but is too late. Your history has told and written down by our ancestors for us to read and learn from.

Benin speak Idu language mixed with Ife dialect. Esan speak original Idu language. Urhobo, Isoko, Ika, speak Idu language. The Afema speak part of Idu language but due to their geographical location and colonization from Nupe Fulanis, and interaction with the Igalas, their language evolved. They still speak little Idu language.

For food, every ethnic nationalities have their unique traditional food. But Egusi, Ogbonor, bitter leaf are general soup in southern part of Nigeria.

As for dressing, the Binis have no traditional dress code, outside the gown the European gave them. That looks like Reveren father gown.

The Esans on the other hand, have wool cloth dated back as far as 11 century.

For bead, it was the Portugueses who gave us all bead, we were exchanging slaves to get bead from them.

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Christistruth00: 1:32pm On Jul 29, 2020
Atigba:

The binis are related to Yoruba, and are just small percentage of the population of Edo State. There are many tribes in Igodomigodo.

The people that relate to Yoruba in Benin city are few families who migrated with Orominyan from Ille Ife in 12 century AD not Igodomigodo indegines.

You see, you have idea what you are talking about. Ikwerres are citizens of Igodomigodo

Some of Ogedengbe's Ekiti Parapo Army settled in Edo Land after he invaded it.

Around 1878 Ogedengbes Army after overrunning and taking many Edo towns encircled Benin and besieged it and would have overun and taken the City but for the desperate attempts of the Oba of Benin and his Chiefs in pacifying Him.

Many Edo’s still bear the Ijesa Yoruba surname of Ogedengbe today.

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by macof(m): 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Still the same thing...

Bring eyewitness reports that supports ur claims

Lmao I just gave you traditional records from Bini that far supercede the recent revisionist claims
grin

Mumu is talking about eyewitness report grin the traditions left by those who witnessed it is there for you. Why not provide eye witness account of ekaladaran's migration to Ife?
Funny how ekaladaran was supposed to have ran away from igodomigodo and reached Ife all alone but Bini youths of 2020 wants us to believe that they know the story of his journey to ife. Who witnessed it? Since you only deal with eye witnesses

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Atigba: 1:37pm On Jul 29, 2020
Dartilo:

I am not interested in debating, but I will tel it my root we are not related to Yoruba

You don't have to debate, I don't know what you people want to gain by trying to destroy Igodomigodo history and your native home history Ife.

There is nothing wrong admitting your history, the Queen of England has German ancestry, she is not fabricating stories here and there that the Englsih people gave birth to the Germans.

The Fulanis are immigrants from Mali, and they are not shy of it. Though they are not aborigine in Hausaland.

What is your end game and what will you gain by trying to destroy your father history Ife knowingly, by your Great Benin Descendant movement.

Lastly, what will you gain, by trying to disrespect and destroy Igodomigodo history. People who gave your ancestors land to build palace, you are trying erase them out of history..why?

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Atigba: 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2020
Christistruth00:

Some of Ogedengbe's Ekiti Parapo Army settled in Edo Land after he invaded it.

Around 1878 Ogedengbes Army after overrunning and taking many Edo towns encircled Benin and besieged it and would have overun and taken the City but for the desperate attempts of the Oba of Benin and his Chiefs in pacifying Him.

Many Edo’s still bear the Ijesa Yoruba surname of Ogedengbe today.

The only history we have with Ekiti is that Oba Ewuare once conquered that town in 14 century.. you have no idea what you are talking about.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by macof(m): 1:43pm On Jul 29, 2020
Wtf77:

When will you stop telling lies ?
No shame ?
The document never said that Lagos was small !
You are just telling lies and more lies !

Once again, the translation in full:

Also, I studied in France from primary school to masters degree. I teach maths in a French High school in France. My French is way better than my English !

Look why do you lie so much ?

I urge everybody to translate the document themselves.

Lmao grin French maths teacher that spends all his weekday afternoons on nairaland arguing history with historians. School is not in session? cheesy

I already showed you that even your translation defeats your own argument.
Clearly Eko was not named by Bini and only an isolated land towards the lagoon was ever controlled by Bini

Wtf77:
Just to recap, here is the fake translation of macof coupled with foul language and all sorts of lies:

Here is the actual translation:

"Captain Horsley called it Eco, and that is how the yebous refer to it; but it is not their land: it belongs to Benin, whom have named it Korame, you can recognise the Curamo from older Portuguese reports, just like Eko represents the Ichoo from Holland Hydrographs. Long ago Korame was linked to its metropolis by a very narrow piece of land contained between the great Laguna and the sea; but it has been a while since the Yebous have seazed that very narrow peace of land of which the eastern extremity was invaded by ouyo pirates; and Karamé remained isolated at the extremity of the great Laguna, while it continues to receive from Benin it's governor or political chief."

Small boy you have nothing valuable to argue

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply)

Ebelechukwu Obiano, Bianca Ojukwu In Physical Fight At Soludo's Inauguration / Adedibu’s Mansion Loses Shine, Followers Relive Ibadan Strongman’s Life / Peter Obi Mobbed Amid Loud Ovation At Lekki Catholic Church (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.