Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,670 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) (43040 Views)

‘One Elephant Is Out Of The Road’ – Fubara Celebrates Victory, Hails Wike As Oga / I Will Consult My Wife, Others If Tinubu Offers Me Appointment – Wike (Video) / 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Simbrixton(m): 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Ohk...The letter oba Akitoye wrote to King of England is which account
Or the findings made by Josua Ulsheimer is made by which account
Or the research made by Robert Smith was made by the Benin right...

Lol...I can't believe that u are brave enough to talk abt Benin and Lagos account but u are quick to say that the hypothesis that Oduduwa came from Benin is false because the Benin said it
oduduwa is not from bini

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Chidecmail: 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

Forget Igbo people, they don’t have sense

Let them tell you how Ikwerre migrated from Igbo land they can not. But this an Oba of Benin speaking and yet the igbos keep behaving like fools because they don’t have respect for their elders over there.
This idiat might be a tenant in an igbo man's house even in his so called lkwerre land. Your more of a bigger fool cuz You speak igbo language and answer their names. On the other hand the igbos are only asking you to drop their names and pick up your Benin coloration.

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by gregyboy(m): 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
900winer:
gregyboy Etinosa1234 mummy don come cheesy since am a coward you guyz should be brave enough to come out grin

Aunty Tao OmoOlofin is here to lecture you guyz grin

You're calling on lady who is on a revenge simply because our ancestors displaced are own ancestors to the bush, and ruled over them

But i respect TAO11 she keeps sticking her head for all of you.... And she is well read than you mofos, am beginning to think the yoruba women are less a coward than the men

3 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by SlayerForever: 9:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
Abagworo:

Very shameful of Wike to impose ancestry upon himself for unknown reasons. In genetics phenotype is the first and most visible aspect of genetic inheritance before verification using DNA. The shape of Wike's head alone gives him away as of a core Igbo ancestry without any mix.

Lwkmd.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 9:26pm On Jul 27, 2020
Simbrixton:
oduduwa is not from bini
its an hypothesis ...its not necessarily true
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by macof(m): 10:15pm On Jul 27, 2020
Sanity33:
Some people asked the question " who owns Lagos ?"

Well, I just dug up a book published in 1845 which states categorically that Lagos belongs to Benin.
And that the Oba of Benin decides who rules Lagos.

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k62093119/f11.image.r=Yebou

Small boy, go and rest.
Posting something in a language the people you are expecting to reach out to don't understand thinking you won't receive a worthy response.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12010252_screenshot20200727183806_jpeg7e8ba116274a198806b36682563c2b7c
That text deals a heavy blow to the usual claims of you Bini miscreants
"nous l'a appelee Eco, et c'est ainsi que la designent les Yebous... Benin, qui lui applique le nom Korame"
"Eco(Èkó) is the name given to it by the Yebous (Ijebu)... The Benin call it Korame"

If you are to post this text as authoritative then you must know that you cannot claim "Èkó" is a Bini word. The Bini called Lagos "Korame" after the Portuguese "Curamo". So Bini didn't even know about the area until the Portuguese
Your own source testifies to it being named Eko by the Ijebu

Futhermore, the text says
".. Korame etait unie a sa metropole par la langue de terre resserree entre la grande lagune et la mer; mais des longtemps les Yebous se sont empares..."
"Korame (Lagos) was formerly larger, included a metropolis between the Great lagoon and the sea but for a long time the Yebous (Ijebu) seized this area"

Futher the text says
"dont l'extremite orientale a ete envahie par les pirates Ouyo; et Korame est restee isolee au bout de la grande lagune, continuant a recevoir du Benin"
"the Eastern part of this area was invaded by pirates from Ouyo(Oyo) and what is left of Korame is the isolated end towards the great lagoon, this is all that is controlled by Benin"

Do you see how you are not smart enough?
Reason you cannot post anything in English anymore grin
You don't know even in French you cannot escape with lying on texts.

As someone who is familiar with Lagos tradition, I can confirm this text is right. In Lagos nobody will testify to "Èkó" being named by Bini people. And the only area that has significance to the Benin presence is where we call Enuwa... A tiny space less than the size of a football field at the extreme end of the land towards the lagoon

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Tranquill: 10:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
Chidecmail:

This idiat might be a tenant in an igbo man's house even in his so called lkwerre land. Your more of a bigger fool cuz You speak igbo language and answer their names. On the other hand the igbos are only asking you to drop their names and pick up your Benin coloration.

People get their names for different reasons.
I met a man not long ago from Eleme and his last name was Igwe. During our interaction, he told me his family is big and that the name 'Igwe' came about because his great great great grandfather didn't have a Male child for a long time and was desperate.

He had an Igbo trade partner who then took him to a shrine in Igboland called Igwekala. So he promised the shrine that if he is able to bear a Male child with the visit, he would name him after the shrine. Not long afterward, one of his wives got pregnant and gave him a Male child whom he named after the shrine in fulfillment of his vow.

I am sure if any of you happen to meet an Eleme person bearing 'Igwe' as last name, you'll come here and open a thread with the heading "ELEME PEOPLE ARE IGBOS!" "THEY ARE IGBOPHOBIC!" "THEY HATE IGBOS!"
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 27, 2020
macof:

Small boy, go and rest.
Posting something in a language the people you are expecting to reach out to don't understand thinking you won't receive a worthy response.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12010252_screenshot20200727183806_jpeg7e8ba116274a198806b36682563c2b7c
That text deals a heavy blow to the usual claims of you Bini miscreants
"nous l'a appelee Eco, et c'est ainsi que la designent les Yebous... Benin, qui lui applique le nom Korame"
"Eco(Èkó) is the name given to it by the Yebous (Ijebu)... The Benin call it Korame"

If you are to post this text as authoritative then you must know that you cannot claim "Èkó" is a Bini word. The Bini called Lagos "Korame" after the Portuguese "Curamo". So Bini didn't even know about the area until the Portuguese
Your own source testifies to it being named Eko by the Ijebu

Futhermore, the text says
".. Korame etait unie a sa metropole par la langue de terre resserree entre la grande lagune et la mer; mais des longtemps les Yebous se sont empares..."
"Korame (Lagos) was formerly larger, included a metropolis between the Great lagoon and the sea but for a long time the Yebous (Ijebu) seized this area"

Futher the text says
"dont l'extremite orientale a ete envahie par les pirates Ouyo; et Korame est restee isolee au bout de la grande lagune, continuant a recevoir du Benin"
"the Eastern part of this area was invaded by pirates from Ouyo(Oyo) and what is left of Korame is the isolated end towards the great lagoon, this is all that is controlled by Benin"

Do you see how you are not smart enough?
Reason you cannot post anything in English anymore grin
You don't know even in French you cannot escape with lying on texts.

As someone who is familiar with Lagos tradition, I can confirm this text is right. In Lagos nobody will testify to "Èkó" being named by Bini people. And the only area that has significance to the Benin presence is where we call Enuwa... A tiny space less than the size of a football field at the extreme end of the land towards the lagoon

Wow, you are one big 419. Once again you skip the important sentence. Why are you so dishonest ?

"eco, et c'est ainsi que la désignent les yabous; mais elle n'est pas de leur domaine: elle appartient au Bénin"

Translation:

"Eco, that is how it is referred to by the yabous, but it is not their land: it belongs to Benin"

Notice how you just skipped this sentence and replace it with "..." Why so dishonest ? Do you just hope to discourage people from trying to translate the text themselves, by giving them your translation while hiding the important part ?

1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by BigSarah(f): 11:06pm On Jul 27, 2020
Tranquill:

I met a man not long ago from Eleme and his last name was Igwe. During our interaction, he told me his family is big and that the name 'Igwe' came about because his great great great grandfather didn't have a Male child for a long time and was desperate.

He had an Igbo trade partner who then took him to a shrine in Igboland called Igwekala. So he promised the shrine that if he is able to bear a Male child with the visit, he would name him after the shrine. Not long afterward, one of his wives got pregnant and gave him a Male child whom he named after the shrine in fulfillment of his vow.

I am sure if any of you happen to meet an Eleme person bearing 'Igwe' as last name, you'll come here and open a thread with the heading "ELEME PEOPLE ARE IGBOS!" "THEY ARE IGBOPHOBIC!" "THEY HATE IGBOS!"

You say the shittiest things .. damn it

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by IDENNAA(m): 11:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
Tranquill:

So, this your convenient and shallow reasoning explains why Ikwerre bears Igbo names and speaks the language ??

You Ikwerre people will regret this treachery!!

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by IDENNAA(m): 11:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
BigSarah:

Because he is grasping at straws...like a drowning man. Shameless bunch of people making senseless arguments worse than a 5yr old.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by macof(m): 11:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
Sanity33:

Wow, you are one big 419. Once again you skip the important sentence. Why are you so dishonest ?

"eco, et c'est ainsi que la désignent les yabous; mais elle n'est pas de leur domaine: elle appartient au Bénin"

Translation:

"Eco, that is how it is referred to by the yabous, but it is not their land: it belongs to Benin"

Notice how you just skipped this sentence and replace it with "..." Why so dishonest ? Do you just hope to discourage people from trying to translate the text themselves, by giving them your translation while hiding the important part ?
I didn't skip the important part, I can't translate the whole text to you slowpoke. I actually translated the important parts

The text says the land that belongs to Benin is the extreme end towards the lagoon
"Et Korame est restee isolee au bout de la grande lagune" . What we call Enuwa in Lagos to distinguish it from the rest of Lagos. Nobody is dragging enuwa
But your text clearly states that Lagos is owned by people who identified themselves to the Europeans as Ijebu and Oyo leaving the isolated wasteland at the edge of land to Benin

Read and comprehend. Use your brain, if you don't have functioning brain ask those who do
You have nowhere to hide. Before you used to open threads now you think you can hide in between an Ikwerre thread. Lie. You will still be embarrassed and delete this moniker

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by BigSarah(f): 11:15pm On Jul 27, 2020
IDENNAA:

Because he is grasping at straws...like a drowning man. Shameless bunch of people making senseless arguments worse than a 5yr old.

Evidently delusional
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Bkayyy: 11:18pm On Jul 27, 2020
Tranquill:

Mr man don't say this outside, what you just said is the meaning of osu
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Tranquill: 11:33pm On Jul 27, 2020
BigSarah:

I know you like to eat shit. It makes you to ejaculate.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Tranquill: 11:36pm On Jul 27, 2020
IDENNAA:

So, this your convenient and shallow reasoning explains why Ikwerre bears Igbo names and speaks the language ??

You Ikwerre people will regret this treachery!!

What is your understanding of treachery?
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Tranquill: 11:37pm On Jul 27, 2020
Bkayyy:

The man's family is osu or what?
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by IDENNAA(m): 12:07am On Jul 28, 2020
Tranquill:

What is your understanding of treachery?

What is your understanding of a lost sheep ?
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Tranquill: 12:30am On Jul 28, 2020
IDENNAA:

What is your understanding of a lost sheep ?

You see another cultural difference between Ikwerre and Igbo. Ikwerre people don't answer questions with questions grin shocked
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by hajimosho(m): 1:35am On Jul 28, 2020
Thank you Macof and OmoOlofin for doing justice to the web of misconceptions of these Edo guys. Whenever I come across Edo people who are caught in Identity crisis, i marvel at how disgusting their allegations are.

Some of them even claimed Ooni and Alaafin does not bear the word 'OBA', that's how psychotic some of them can be.
The present Ooni of Ife is Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II,
While Alaafin of Oyo is Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III.
The Alake of Egba is Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo.
Oloto of Oto- Awori is Oba Josiah Olanrewaju Ilemobade Aina.

Had it been they knew syllabic component of Yoruba words, they would not have argued blindly with you.

How did Edo kingdom begin?
Around the year 900, groups of Edo people began to cut down trees and make clearings in the rainforest. At first they lived in small family groups, but gradually these groups developed into a kingdom.

The kingdom was called Igodomigodo. It was ruled by a series of kings, known as Ogisos, which means ‘rulers of the sky’.

In the 1100s there were struggles for power and the Ogisos lost control of their kingdom.

The Edo people feared that their country would fall into chaos, so they asked their neighbour, the King (Oba) of Ife, for help. The king sent his son Prince (Omo Oba) Oranmiyan to restore peace to the Edo kingdom.

Oranmiyan chose his son Eweka to be the first Oba of Benin. Eweka was the first in a long line of Obas, who reached the peak of their power in the 1500s.

Since the time of Oba Eweka till around 1914, when any Oba died in Benin, they must bury such an Oba in Ile-Ife. Up till now, the Benin people have a grotto in Ile-Ife, 'Orun Oba Ado - which means 'The heaven of the King of Ado (Bini)' where they were usually buried.

My advice for them is; If you missed road along the way, don't forget the description of where you are coming from.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by hajimosho(m): 2:35am On Jul 28, 2020
Historic Visit of the Oba of Benin Kingdom to His Imperial Majesty the Ooni of Ife

The Historic Visit
The visit of the Oba of Benin, His Royal Majesty Uku Akpolopolo Ewuare II, the Oba of Benin Kingdom with his chiefs and various dignitaries from the ancient city of Benin to his Imperial Majesty the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi II was indeed an epoch making event. The event which drew crowds and dignitaries from within an outside Nigeria, provided the much needed platform to strengthen the bonds that exist between the two kingdoms.

Significance of the Visit
The visit also showcased his Imperial Majesty’s drive to promote peaceful coexistence and cultural reconstruction in the African context especially the need to foster unity and better understanding of the kingdoms.

A Royal Gift of Cultural Significance
Speaking elegantly and delightfully while presenting a souvenir artifact to his guest, the visiting Oba, his Imperial Majesty said: “If not for time, I would have loved for us to visit the place Oranmiyan was buried. He was world’s foremost hunter and that’s what this artifact I present to you represents, Your Majesty. Oranmiyan was a Prince of Ile-Ife, who became the first king (through his son, Eweka) of Benin. Oranmiyan went from there to become the first king of Oyo and returned to become the sixth king of Ile-Ife, where he eventually lived, died and was buried.”

https://ooniofifego.com/oba-of-benin-visit/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Simbrixton(m): 5:45am On Jul 28, 2020
The rivalry between bini and yoruba is unnecessary waste of energy we have more on common with itshekiri than benin the idea is for itshekiri to be included in oduduwa republic not benin

4 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 28, 2020
Simbrixton:
The rivalry between bini and yoruba is unnecessary waste of energy we have more on common with itshekiri than benin the idea is for itshekiri to be included in oduduwa republic not benin

It is necessary. Bini is a yoruba kingdom

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 28, 2020
HopeAtHand:

40million that can't stay without talking about 3million Ikwerres. Have some self respect.

Ikwerre threads on NL is now more than a thousand.

And so I hold. Tell your Bini people Ikwerrepikin to stop opening all these Ikwerre threasi.

We have already acknowledged that Ikwerres are Benin people.

I am only suprised that some Igbos are still debating that which is totally unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by B2mario(m): 7:41am On Jul 28, 2020
Bkayyy:

Don't say what you don't know. Is that how you make Osu in your place?

3 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by OmoOlofin: 10:44am On Jul 28, 2020
macof:
••• The text says the land that belongs to Benin is the extreme end towards the lagoon
"Et Korame est restee isolee au bout de la grande lagune" . What we call Enuwa in Lagos to distinguish it from the rest of Lagos. Nobody is dragging enuwa
But your text clearly states that Lagos is owned by people who identified themselves to the Europeans as Ijebu and Oyo leaving the isolated wasteland at the edge of land to Benin •••

Well-done macof for giving these die-hard Lagosian-wannabe Edos a bloody nose over their irrational and inane Lagos claims. You killed it.

I will like to add a clarifying point and a comment though in relation to the so-called Bini area and the name “Eko”.

(1) First, knowing how these deluded Edos have been gripped hard by delusions of grandeur, I believe it is very important to clarify what is meant by Bini area.

The isolated wasteland left by the Ijebus, et al. to the Binis is no more than a Bini-occupied area which the Binis settled in as an immigrant resident trading community as is their trade practice in other parts of Yorubaland.

Moreover, the history of the European coastal trading activities in Lagos (as well as Ulsheimer’s 1603 eyewitness account of certain conflicts in Lagos) indicate that the Binis have settled there — as an immigrant resident trading community — since not-latter-than the late-1500s.

Apparently, they were following in the footsteps of the Ijebus who had also settled in “Lagos” as an immigrant resident trading community.

S.A. Akintoye (2010) has a list of the other immigrant resident trading communities that were also attracted to settle in ”Lagos” by the growing European coastal trading activity. Some of them are: the Ijaw, the Ikale, the Aja (from today’s Republic of Benin), the Egba, et al.

In sum then, your statement “nobody is dragging Enuwa” must be understood by these mythomaniacs in its proper historical context along the lines that the Bini resided there just in a similar way as the Igbos today are the major immigrant residents of Satellite Town for example.

This is not to say that the Igbos are the aboriginal owners of this slum, just as the Bini are not the aboriginal owners of the sandy wasteland. Both groups obviously came in at some different historical points in time, looking for greener pastures.

The aboriginal ownership of all the land remains the exclusive right of the earliest and original settlers of “Lagos” — the Awori subgroup of the Yoruba ‘race’. Everyone else came in centuries later for survival, hoping to benefit from the fruits of the Aworis’ ancient exploration.

(2) Having clarified the foregoing, the name “Eko” — contrary to what deluded Edo Nairalanders love to claim — is not of Bini origin whatsoever.

The 1845 work cited by our deluded Edo interlocutor clearly admits that the name “Eko” was not from the Binis but from the Yorubas.

I have argued this sometimes last two weeks on another thread citing the fact that the Edo word which our deluded Edo Nairaland friends often cling to is not even a general Edo word.

In fact, the word is not found in the Bini dialect. Rather, it is found exclusively in the Esan dialect. Yet, the Esans had no business in Lagos historically. It was particularly the Binis who came.

cc: RuggedSniper.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by OmoOlofin: 10:58am On Jul 28, 2020
Yes I have a question as well, macof.

How do you embed an image to appear in-between texts?

Thanks.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by TAO11(f): 11:13am On Jul 28, 2020
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by hajimosho(m): 12:48pm On Jul 28, 2020
To corroborate the fact that these Edo wannabes own nowhere in Lagos

The Ooni’s palace square is known as Enuwa (Owa’s approach) Ile Ife, which is derived from Enu-Owa.

The official address of Ooni reads;
The Royal Court of the Kingdom of Ife, Enuwa Palace Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria.

Enuwa has no meaning in Benin language. If it does, post it here for us all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Bkayyy: 12:54pm On Jul 28, 2020
B2mario:

Don't say what you don't know. Is that how you make Osu in your place?
Mr man osu bu onye agooro arusi if you don't know ask your parents
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by OmoOlofin: 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (25) (Reply)

Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / Nnamdi Kanu In Court, Judge Denies Bail Application: Pictures & Video / Governor’s Office Workers In Calabar Locked-Out For Lateness (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.