Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,697 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) (43043 Views)

‘One Elephant Is Out Of The Road’ – Fubara Celebrates Victory, Hails Wike As Oga / I Will Consult My Wife, Others If Tinubu Offers Me Appointment – Wike (Video) / 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 11:30am On Jul 29, 2020
macof:

Both Ife and Bini say the oba of Benin is of yoruba origin
It is where oduduwa comes from that the disagreement begins

It is not taking what suits ego. Its taking in what the evidence and traditional records suggest

Even in Bini traditions, oduduwa is not said to be of igodomigodo origin. It is only recently that narratives of such have been spreading online, narratives that have no confirmation with the traditions of Bini or anywhere. Historians know this, and no single historian takes that nonsense Bini claim seriously

For u to say that means u didn't really understand Benin history
Benin historians say that the banished prince, Ekaladerhan went to Ife...where a prophecy had been made that their king will come from the bush. When Ekaladerhan came, he was later crowned according to the prophecy and renamed Oduduwa.Then when the Benin throne was empty as a result of the inability of the Former ogiso to produce a successor, Benin chiefs went to Ekaladerhan now Oduduwa for help. Due to the fact that Oduduwa was too old and couldn't come back to rule, he sent one of his sons Oranmiyan to be the new leader...Then Oranmiyan gave birth to the first oba, Oba Eweka.

At the last bolded, there is no single eyewitness reports about the origin of the first Oba, and many other tribes lay claim to being the origin. So therefore any historian that claim to dismiss Bini claims would have also dismissed the Yorubas claim as the Yoruba demselves have no proof abt it...Jus folktales like the Benin also

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 11:31am On Jul 29, 2020
Wtf77:

Don't fall into the trap of asking for "reputable historian" ! He will just quote an other revisionist crook, there are so many revisionist crooks in the African history profession ! Ask him for eye witness written document !
That is how you deal with history ! You consult documents written by eye witnesses, you don't go around looking for "reputable historian", you would only get hoodwinked by revisionist crooks.
Apt!!!
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by macof(m): 11:34am On Jul 29, 2020
OmoOlofin:
Yes I have a question as well, macof.

How do you embed an image to appear in-between texts?

Thanks.

You need to copy the image address of any picture you want to use then paste the address in this format "[img]image address[/img]"
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 29, 2020
macof:

grin grin actual translation my foot.
Because you are a notary or authorised translating firm?

Next time if you want to be taken seriously post texts in a language people understand.
But you failed to realise that people have caught on to your scheme.

Even your translation says "and Karamé remained isolated at the extremity of the great Laguna, while it continues to receive from Benin it's governor or political chief."
grin so the isolated end of the land was what was left to Bini's control which confirms what people can see in Lagos today with Enuwa (about the size of a football field or smaller)

What else do you have?

When will you stop telling lies ?
No shame ?
The document never said that Lagos was small !
You are just telling lies and more lies !

Once again, the translation in full:

Wtf77:

Here is the actual translation:

"Captain Horsley called it Eco, and that is how the yebous refer to it; but it is not their land: it belongs to Benin, whom have named it Korame, you can recognise the Curamo from older Portuguese reports, just like Eko represents the Ichoo from Holland Hydrographs. Long ago Korame was linked to its metropolis by a very narrow piece of land contained between the great Laguna and the sea; but it has been a while since the Yebous have seazed that very narrow peace of land of which the eastern extremity was invaded by ouyo pirates; and Karamé remained isolated at the extremity of the great Laguna, while it continues to receive from Benin it's governor or political chief."

Also:

As can be seen in the third caption, "ouyo" doesn't mean "oyo". Ouyo refers to a bunch of pirates whom were also called Jos and Usa. The ouyo pirates are most likely ijo people ! Gbam !

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k62093119/f11.image.r=Yebou

Areafada, Gregyboy, Davidnazee, Samuk.

Also, I studied in France from primary school to masters degree. I teach maths in a French High school in France. My French is way better than my English !

Look why do you lie so much ?

I urge everybody to translate the document themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 29, 2020
grin

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 29, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Benin historians say that the banished prince, Ekaladerhan went to Ife...where a prophecy had been made that their king will come from the bush. When Ekaladerhan came, he was later crowned according to the prophecy and renamed Oduduwa.Then when the Benin throne was empty as a result of the inability of the Former ogiso to produce a successor, Benin chiefs went to Ekaladerhan now Oduduwa for help. Due to the fact that Oduduwa was too old and couldn't come back to rule, he sent one of his sons Oranmiyan to be the new leader...Then Oranmiyan gave birth to the first oba, Oba Eweka.

At the last bolded, there is no single eyewitness reports about the origin of the first Oba, and many other tribes lay claim to being the origin. So therefore any historian that claim to dismiss Bini claims would have also dismissed the Yorubas claim as the Yoruba demselves have no proof abt it...Jus folktales like the Benin also
The guy macof and his fellow Yoruba are liars. I didn't know he could lie like this !
He just repeats his lie even after you prove it to be a lie !

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 29, 2020
Wtf77:
Conclusion : I have proven that Lagos belongs to Benin !

I have also proven once and for all that macof and his fellow yorubas are liars. They will lie even when the evidence that they are telling lies is in front of everybody's eyes.

Areafada, Gregyboy, Samuk, Davidnazee.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 11:46am On Jul 29, 2020
Wtf77:

The guy macof and his fellow Yoruba are liars. I didn't know he could lie like this !
He just repeats his lie even after you prove it to be a lie !

I don't know their obsession with Benin tbh

To them... anything Yoruba is true but anything Benin is a lie

When we were talking abt Lagos...One claimed that Benin never conquered Lagos..then I asked her "Does a village that was not conquered pay tributes to a faraway country for 300 years" She started typing epistles talking abt Lagos account and Benin account..

But when we are talking about the oba...none of them cared to hear abt the Benin account...they all believed that Yoruba account is the one and final truth...

Na God go help them las las

What I just do when I know the argument is not going anywhere...

I dropped my facts abt the issue with screenshots then I leave them to ponder abt it

One of them is still wishing Oba Akitoye never wrote that letter to the British grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 29, 2020
Etinosa1234:

I don't know their obsession with Benin tbh

To them... anything Yoruba is true but anything Benin is a lie

When we were talking abt Lagos...One claimed that Benin never conquered Lagos..then I asked her "Does a village that was not conquered pay tributes to a faraway country for 300 years" She started typing epistles talking abt Lagos account and Benin account..

But when we are talking about the oba...none of them cared to hear abt the Benin account...they all believed that Yoruba account is the one and final truth...

Na God go help them las las
Many of them know they are lying. I just wonder if they all know they are lying.
It is weird that these guys are so versed in the art of telling lies. It is like their nature. Like their tradition.
And their obsession with Benin ! Myself I don't understand. It is like they want to wear our skin ! I am telling you, I will always look at Yoruba with suspicion, these guys are weird !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Christistruth00: 11:50am On Jul 29, 2020
macof:

Don't mind all this miscreant Bini youth who spend all their time online displaying arrogant ignorance and ethnic bigotry

Thanks. In this video at 5.45 minutes the Oba of Lagos Akiolu uses his own mouth to say Bini are not the owners of Lagos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsp9VLRFno

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Etinosa1234: 11:53am On Jul 29, 2020
Wtf77:

Many of them know they are lying. I just wonder if they all know they are lying.
It is weird that these guys are so versed in the art of telling lies. It is like their second nature. Like their tradition.

They lie with confidence...

Almost all of them(except the ones that have read wide) have that innate belief that Benin is under Yoruba..

Instead of them to think about how they'll recover Ilorin.. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 29, 2020
Christistruth00:

Thanks. In this video at 5.45 minutes the Oba of Lagos Akiolu uses his own mouth to say Bini are not the owners of Lagos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOsp9VLRFno
So far, I have shown them précolonial maps which show Lagos as part of Benin, I have shown précolonial texts which show Lagos as part of Benin, and there is even a video of Oba of Lagos in which he states that Lagos was part of Benin. But the Yoruba will just keep lying.

precolonial maps of Benin Kingdom:

Some of the maps:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b77595185.r=Benin?rk=21459;2

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b7759521n.r=Benin?rk=21459;2

An other map of Benin made in the 17th century once again:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b530530714.r=Benin?rk=214593;2

An other map of Benin from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b.r=Benin?rk=193134;0

This one date to the 19th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b846939

This following map was made between 1603 and 1612:
https://www.raremaps.com/gallery/detail/64869/africae-tabula-nova-ortelius

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Atigba: 11:56am On Jul 29, 2020
Wtf77:

It is weird that these guys are so versed in the art of telling lies. It is like their nature. Like their tradition.
And their obsession with Benin ! Myself I don't understand. It is like they want to wear our skin ! I am telling you, I will always look at Yoruba with suspicion, these guys are weird !

Yorubas are not telling lies about their history. It is the binis. ille ibinu was created by prince Orominyan.

It is only the Yoruba that can tell you the history of Oduduwa not Benin. ife is the ancestral home of Benin people.

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Atigba: 11:58am On Jul 29, 2020
macof:

You need to copy the image address of any picture you want to use then paste the address in this format "[img]image address[/img]"

You are 100 % right about Benin Oba stool origin.

It was Orominyan who founded ille ibinu inside Igodomigodo.

The Oba of Benin stool is a Yoruba stool

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Atigba: 12:00pm On Jul 29, 2020
warripekin:
I hate it when adult lie for silly reasons. Theirs no relationship between ikwerre and Bini. No history or anthropological pointer to show ikwerre is from Bini. A day will come, when this lies will stop.

The Ikwerre people are from Edo State, they are not Igbo
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 29, 2020
Atigba:

You are 100 % right about Benin Oba stool origin.
It was Orominyan who founded ille ibinu inside Igodomigodo.
The Oba of Benin stool is a Yoruba stool
case closed.
cc
greyboy areafada2
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 29, 2020
Atigba:

The Ikwerre people are from Edo State, they are not Igbo

Case closed.

from the foregoing it once again established that Ikwerre are yorubas..

Lawani once said this..
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2020
Atigba:

Yorubas are not telling lies about their history. It is the binis. ille ibinu was created by prince Orominyan.

It is only the Yoruba that can tell you the history of Oduduwa not Benin. ife is the ancestral home of Benin people.
1) oranmiyan is a fairytale ! He never existed.
2) ife is a small village, Benin is an empire ! The small insignificant village can't be the ancestral home of a great empire !
3) you have no evidence for your claims ! All you do is repeat yoruba Propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Case closed.

from the foregoing it once again established that Ikwerre are yorubas..

Lawani once said this..
Edo people are not Yoruba, Ikwere have never claimed to be yoruba.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

case closed.

cc

greyboy
areafada2
So all it takes is for a Yoruba to repeat an unsubstantiated claim and then "case closed" ?
Even while I have proven that Yoruba are pathological liars ?

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2020
Wtf77:
Edo people are not Yoruba, Ikwere have never claimed to be yoruba.

Young man we are establishing facts and not child play.

Edos are yorubas and ikwerres and Edos and then ikwerres are yorubas.

ikwerre came from yorubaland before living to their present location.

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2020
Wtf77:

So all it takes is for a Yoruba to repeat an unsubstantiated claim and then "case closed" ?

it is their own history with valid facts.

these facts have been substantiated a long time ago.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Dedetwo(m): 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2020
Christistruth00:

Lagos Island belongs to the Aromire family till today. Aromire was a son of Olofin an Ile Ife Prince who was the first to settle Lagos with his followers. Aromire was a great lover of Water. He is said to have Swam to Lagos Island on first sighting it. Eko is the way the Yoruba Ijebu pronounced Ereko after Ereko on the Island. Eko (Ereko) means field in Yoruba and Ereko Ile is used to describe an Island.

The Oba of Benin needed a Port to do business with the Portuguese who advised him that Lagos Island was a good location so through an agreement the Awori Aromire family gave him Isale Eko part of the Island just as Sabon Gari is given to outsiders in Kano. The Oba of Lagos is not even the king of Lagos Island he is the King of Isale Eko which was the location of the international Slave Port . The Island belongs to the Aromire Chieftaincy family who are under the jurisdiction of the Olota of Otta in Ogun State who is the paramount traditional ruler of all Aworiland, just as the Alake is the ruler of all Egbaland and the Alaafin the ruler of all Oyos.

The People of the Historically important Yoruba town of Otun Ekiti in Ekiti state migrated from Lagos in the 15th Century and share the same ancestry with the Awori of Lagos the revisionists are not aware of this History and are just making up lies as they go along.

Some people have tried to distort Awori History out of Selfishness.

Yari.ba peeps always think that everybody is gullible and tend to throw craps around. If "Eko (Ereko) means field in Yoruba", where other places the Ijebu called Eko beside Lagos? Where there no other fields in Ijebu land? By the story supplied by the certain Yari.ba persons, Ile Ife, the alleged home of Oduduwa and Akanbi never had an Oba until the return of the one of Oduduwa's grand sons. The origination of Ooni supported this plank of the story. It had been stated that neither Oduduwa nor Akanbi was an Oba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Young man we are establishing facts and not child play.

Edos are yorubas and ikwerres and Edos and then ikwerres are yorubas.

ikwerre came from yorubaland before living to their present location.

Once again:

Edo are not yoruba !
Notice your claim is backed by no proof !

By the way, I am 33 years old with a master's degree and I am a highschool maths teacher in France. Most of my students are older and smarter than you.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

it is their own history with valid facts.

these facts have been substantiated a long time ago.
No, it is a fairytale. And it has never been substantiated ! If not why don't you just show the proof ?
Instead you are claiming it was proven long ago !!?
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2020
Wtf77:

Once again:
Edo are not yoruba ! Notice your claim is backed by no proof !
Edos are not yorubas but ikwerre are edos...

what's he basis of your logic..
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
Wtf77:

No, it is a fairytale. And it has never been substantiated ! If not why don't you just show the proof ?
Instead you are claiming it was proven long ago !!?

the facts was laid bare on culture section
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

the facts was laid bare on culture section

Look, if you've got proof, then post the proof !
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by macof(m): 12:17pm On Jul 29, 2020
Etinosa1234:

That is a mere narrative that has no backing in even Bini tradition. You miscreants always need me to repeat myself because you yourselves do nothing but repeat the same thing over and over again

1. If ekaladaran is oduduwa, who changed his name to Izoduwa or Imadoduwa, why do you call him Ododuwa. Everywhere in Bini he is only known as Ododuwa not ekaladaran not imadoduwa not izoduwa. There is even a festival in honor of the oba's ancestors and the beginning of the Obaship era called Ugie Ododua not Ugie Ogiso grin

2. Why two names? You people can't even settle which lie you want to tell so you bring out two names.. Either Imadoduwa or Izoduwa. Just look at the discrepancy here alone

3. Oduduwa or in Bini - Ododuwa is referred to as Ododuwa n'uhe (oduduwa of ife) not ekaladaran of igodomigodo.. Never is there any praise to oduduwa or reference to the oba of Benin as a descendant of oduduwa which incorporates "igodomigodo" or "ogiso"

4. Talking about praise.. Here is the praise names of the oba of Benin
macof:
:
Ovbi' Umogun Oza
The Child of the Oba whose mother hailed from Oza

Ovbi' Ekpen N' Owa
The son of the home leopard

Ovbi' Adimila

The son of Adimila

Ikeji Orisa

Second in command to the gods

Agbaghe, N'Ovbi Olokun
Olokun's son, the cynosure of all mortals

Abieyuwa N'Ovbi Odua N'uhe

The son of the wealthy Odua of Uhe(Ife).

Ovbi' Ada, Ovbi' Eben
The child of the owner of the Ada =
scimitar and Eben = royal sword, Edo
symbol of sovereignty.

Ovbi'Ekenekene ma deyo
The son of beauty that never fades.

Ovbi'Ekuaho N'Olo, Ovbi'Ekuabo N'Olo
The son of the rocky arm, the brave and
powerful

Ovbie Ikpinhianbo kpuru no Gb'oduma
The son of the short fingered man that
was still able to kill a lion

Nohien utete no gh'ughe s'omwan
The king on a hill, who sees more than
everybody

Ovbi'Oghonwan nei bun aro
The son of the fearless, who looks
without twinkling his eyes

Ovbi'ode, ode n'ohan ren mu' ete
The son of the warrior whose enemies
got frightened at the announcement of
the approach

Uku Akpolokpolo
The mighty that rules

Ovbi' Adolo no dolo uwa dolo utomwen
The son of the wise judge and peace
maker who combined wisdom and
wealth with long life

Ovbi' oven owie no gbaisi
The son of the morning sun that covers
everywhere

Ovbi' Akpogunla, ogie no y'igho b'owa
The child of the womb of Akpogunla - the
warrior who fought big wars and built a
house of cowries

Oba n'osa
A king that is god

Ovbi' otolo n'olomi; Ologberonmwon nei rie iruen, ebo, ayemwinre eminiminimini
The son of the water controller, the son
of beauty itself, the starter of things and
the person whose reign saw people with
many tongues

I highlighted in bold the few that connect the oba to Yorùbáland/Ife/Oduduwa.
Nothing here suggests a connection to igodomigodo/ ekaladaran/ogiso

5. Traditionally, ọba of Bini has to honor the Ekiokpagha treaty that ceremonially transfers authority from the Ogiamien to the Ọmọnọba. Oba Ewedo even after defeating the Ogiamien had to pay for rights to enter the city and every new Ọmọnọba traditional has to honor the right of indigene that the Ogiamien has which the Ọba of Bini does not.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Edos are not yorubas but ikwerre are edos...

what's he basis of your logic..

1) The Ikwere claim to be Edo !
2) The Edo do not claim to be yoruba !
3) it is the yoruba who claim Edo to be yoruba ! And the Edo vividly debunk the yoruba claim !
4) Thé Ikwere claim is backed by précolonial maps
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2020
macof:

The proven pathological liar named macof comes to lie again ! Laughable ! It seems telling lies is your true profession. Shamelessly lying, caught and proven to be a liar, yet continues lying without shame.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2020
Wtf77:

1) The Ikwere claim to be Edo !
2) The Edo do not claim to be yoruba !
3) it is the yoruba who claim Edo to be yoruba !
4) Thé Ikwere claim is backed by précolonial maps

even the yorubas have more solid and sound proof.

something that is 100 percent similar to this day.

too say edos are yorubas is a solid fact and your pre colonial map is another farce.

Edos proximity to yorubas settles the argument to be fact a long time ago.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply)

Wike Campaigns For Makinde, Says Relationship With APC Has Ended / Fayose to PDP members: I Am Sorry For My Mistakes / Govt Shares $322.5m Abacha Loot To 1.9m Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.