Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) (42894 Views)

‘One Elephant Is Out Of The Road’ – Fubara Celebrates Victory, Hails Wike As Oga / I Will Consult My Wife, Others If Tinubu Offers Me Appointment – Wike (Video) / 'Godfatherism Must End’ — Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Speaks On Edo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Bendeco02: 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

Actually a lot of non haussa tribes in the north speak haussa as first language, and they are not haussa !
The fact is you guys are incredibly ignorant and also arrogant. You think you know what you don't.
Stop associating language with ethnicity !
There are many reasons which make several people to speak other languages over time. In Switzerland half of the people speak German, the other half speak French. The same people !
You guys are totally deluded

Oga u don't have sense to be sincere..

Other northern tribes may be speaking Hausa but also have their own native language and have seperate/different culture from Hausa..... tell me any second language that ikwerre people speak if not only Igbo.

Reason first before commenting.

8 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by xcon: 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2020
IspitonCowards:
The people of Idu or Bini as they call themselves today knows them, NRI traversed southern Nigeria establishing their priestly influences, Ogwanshi uku in Delta state where NRI people that journeyed to Iduland and decided to stay back along the way, Nri at the height of its influence was revered in Many parts of southern Nigeria get your supposed facts right, you don't know as much as you think you do
. Igbo's don't have any documented history in Nigeria lgbo people were found by the British living in clan, Small hamlet with no king or Central government the British decided to create warrant chief which now are seen as Eze, Igwa etc. NRI story is a resent story fabricated by resent Igbo historian.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
Bendeco02:

Oga u don't have sense to be sincere..

Other northern tribes may be speaking Hausa but also have their own native language and have seperate/different culture from Hausa..... tell me any second language that ikwerre people speak if not only Igbo.

Reason first before commenting.
Keep deluding yourself. I can't continue an other endless nairaland back and forth. Basically, you guys have made up your minds and no logics will go through your brains.
The Ikwere tell you they are not Igbo.
Let it go, it is not up to you. Either you like it or not, you don't know them better than they know themselves.
They are Benin descendants.
Once again, it is not up to you south-easterners.
This is one of the reasons people don't like you guys.

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

What is the meaning of king in English ?
That is the same type of stupid question which you are asking.
Also, it is already established that you Yoruba stole the O a title in the 1930's.
You guys believe you are making a point, but you are only being silly while repeating the same talking points over and over.

The "meaning" debate is pure nonsense, haussa themselves could say "Oba means... in haussa language" igbos could do the same, anybody can say any nonsense... So what point are you even trying to make ?You've got brain ?
You guys are so used to repeating the same sentences, the same questions, your brains are totally absent.
Who establish such nonsense? The word Oba has been among the Yoruba for thousands of years, Oba means king, Aba-Oba-Ku means he who dies with the king, and has been part of our tradition for thousand years, O-tun-Oba means the king right hand man and it been in existence for long, so Oga what is Oba in Edo language?

3 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2020
900winer:

Who establish such nonsense? The word Oba has been among the Yoruba for thousands of years
Prove it.
You guys like to say all sort of ignorant stupidity.
I leave you to prove your claim, also

Sanity33:

What is the meaning of king in English ?
That is the same type of stupid question which you are asking.
Also, it is already established that you Yoruba stole the O a title in the 1930's.
You guys believe you are making a point, but you are only being silly while repeating the same talking points over and over.

The "meaning" debate is pure nonsense, haussa themselves could say "Oba means... in haussa language" igbos could do the same, anybody can say any nonsense... So what point are you even trying to make ?You've got brain ?
You guys are so used to repeating the same sentences, the same questions, your brains are totally absent.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Bendeco02: 4:50pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

Keep deluding yourself. I can't continue an other endless nairaland back and forth. Basically, you guys have made up your minds and no logics will go through your brains.
The Ikwere tell you they are not Igbo.
Let it go, it is not up to you. Either you like it or not, you don't know them better than they know themselves.
They are Benin descendants.
Once again, it is not up to you south-easterners.
This is one of the reasons people don't like you guys.

You gave example with northern tribes which didn't tally with ikwerre case and u're here barking like dog.

I blame some Igbo people that are claiming ikwerre... why should any sane tribe claim ikwerre?... In which aspect of human resources are they good if not only that they have crude oil.

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by IkwerrePikin: 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
IspitonCowards:
Underneath English we have our IGBO language, ikwerre speaks Igbo and English and totally left out their Bini native language, it's really pitiful cry

And who told you we don’t have Ikwerre names and benin traits??

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 26, 2020
Bendeco02:

You gave example with northern tribes which didn't tally with ikwerre case and u're here barking like dog.

I blame some Igbo people that are claiming ikwerre... why should any sane tribe claim ikwerre?... In which aspect of human resources are they good if not only that they have crude oil.
Actually, you are totally wrong, in the north, there are several tribes who speak haussa only and are not haussa ! I just do not wish to enter a nonsensical debate.
By the way the Fulani is an example.
But look, you guys need to stop your madness.

You guys are the most ignorant humans on earth.
The northerners are way smarter than you guys eventhough the northerners don't go to school.
They outsmart you because you guys are extremely dvmb and extremely arrogant.
Northerners know that language is not the same as ethnicity. My dad speaks haussa for God's sake. And we are Edo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by BigSarah(f): 4:56pm On Jul 26, 2020
I don’t what’s your aim but Ikwerre only speaks igbo as the native dialect

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by BigSarah(f): 4:57pm On Jul 26, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

This is the first time I hearing I’m from Benin

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

Don't mind them, it is their madness showing up.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Itohanprefa: 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2020
BigSarah:

This is the first time I hearing I’m from Benin
lol, your people have found their native land grin
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Bendeco02: 5:00pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

Actually, you are totally wrong, in the north, there are several tribes who speak haussa only and are not haussa ! I just do not wish to enter a nonsensical debate.

The northerners are way smarter than you guys eventhough the northerners don't go to school.

Bro everyone knows that Fulani are migrants in Nigeria.... They speak fulbe, so don't say that they have no other language. U may say that majority of the fulanis in Nigeria loose their language to hausa.

Give example of any indigenous tribe in Nigeria that loose their language to hausa completely..... Fulanis are migrants and they have second language.

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by OfoIgbo: 5:00pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

Actually a lot of non haussa tribes in the north speak haussa as first language, and they are not haussa !
The fact is you guys are incredibly ignorant and also arrogant. You think you know what you don't.
Stop associating language with ethnicity !
There are many reasons which make several people to speak other languages over time. In Switzerland half of the people speak German, the other half speak French. The same people !
You guys are totally deluded

You are sounding quite ignorant. Anyone who speaks Hausa as his first language, and the name of his town is a Hausa word and their TRADITIONAL RULER TITLE is also a Hausa word, is definitely a HAUSA person.

Ikwerres speak Igbo, live in Igbo named towns like RumuIgbo (Igbo people) and have EZEs as their traditional ruler's title, and observe Igbo cultural practices instead of Bini cultural practices. Every intelligent person knows which boxes they are ticking and will appropriately label them Igbos.

But I do not want to force them into the Igbo column. The non Igbos in Ikwerre land can choose to be seen as Bini people, however, every Igbo town in Ikwerreland remains Igbo

6 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by BigSarah(f): 5:02pm On Jul 26, 2020
Itohanprefa:
lol, your people have found their native land grin

This ikwerrepikin is saying pure rubbish... non of my family has Benin name...even my family name for 3generations ekwueme... I don’t know any benin relationship, he’s a nuisance

7 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 26, 2020
OfoIgbo:

You are sounding quite ignorant. Anyone who speaks Hausa as his first language, and the name of his town is a Hausa word and their TRADITIONAL RULER TITLE is also a Hausa word, is definitely a HAUSA person.

Ikwerres speak Igbo, live in Igbo named towns like RumuIgbo (Igbo people) and have EZEs as their traditional ruler's title, and observe Igbo cultural practices instead of Bini cultural practices. Every intelligent person knows which boxes they are ticking and will appropriately label them Igbos.

But I do not want to force them into the Igbo column. The non Igbos in Ikwerre land can choose to be seen as Bini people, however, every Igbo town in Ikwerreland remains Igbo
So you have shifted the goalpost already.
They have told you loud and clear: they are not Igbo ! They are Benin descendants !
Let it rest for god's sake !
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by BigSarah(f): 5:04pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

Don't mind them, it is their madness showing up.

What’s an ikwerre name? Just list 5 I must have heard

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
BigSarah:

This ikwerrepikin is saying pure rubbish... non of my family has Benin name...even my family name for 3generations ekwueme... I don’t know any benin relationship, he’s a nuisance
South-eastern madness. The Ikwere have spoken. Now you guys need to shvt your mouths, and don't come here pretending to be Ikwere.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
BigSarah:

What’s an ikwerre name? Just list 5 I must have heard
What point are you trying to make exactly ? And why should I even answer your stupid question ?
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Bendeco02: 5:06pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

Northerners know that language is not the same as ethnicity. My dad speaks haussa for God's sake. And we are Edo.

Bro you keep barking like dog.... What bring northerners being more smatter in this case?

You argue without brain and get bursted, now you divert to tribal war.

I will repeat it again, u have no sense.

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by BigSarah(f): 5:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

South-eastern madness. The Ikwere have spoken. Now you guys need to shvt your mouths, and don't come here pretending to be Ikwere.

Why do I need to pretend , was a memorandum sent to alll ikwerre indigenes to deny their Igbo heritage..because I didn’t get one and don’t know anyone else who did!

8 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by BigSarah(f): 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

What point are you trying to make exactly ? And why should I even answer your stupid question ?

If they’re names specific to the ikwerre tribe please list them I want to know maybe I’ve heard it before ...all ikwerre indigenes in my family and those close have Igbo names..that’s my point man

3 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by SaintBeehot(m): 5:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
But you people say he's not a politician.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by IkwerrePikin: 5:10pm On Jul 26, 2020
BigSarah:

If they’re names specific to the ikwerre tribe please list them I want to know maybe I’ve heard it before ...all ikwerre indigenes in my family and those close have Igbo names..that’s my point man

And if i list Ikwerre names what would be your response igbo woman

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by 900winer(m): 5:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sanity33:

Prove it.
You guys like to say all sort of ignorant stupidity.
I leave you to prove your claim, also

What do you wan't me to prove to you again? The Abaobaku tradition have been practice among Yorubas before the Europeans came and it still been practice so what do you not understand here? I gave examples of names that have Oba and have been in existence among the Yoruba before the Europeans, names like Obatala is in Odu Ifa oral history long before the Europeans, O means he Ba means preside all together means he who presides, all this are in Yoruba lexicon, that is why you will always hear the Yorubas saying Oba ba lori owon gbogbo which means he who presides, presides over everything. hope am clear now? It your turn to tell me the meaning of Oba in Edo lexicon.

4 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by BigSarah(f): 5:12pm On Jul 26, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

And if i list Ikwerre names what would be your response igbo woman

I will let you know my opinion, isn’t that good?

What is your aim ikwerre indigenes should abhor igbos? My mom is from anambra state ihiala okija.. so many intermarriage btw SE Igbo and ikwerre...the sAme marriage rites, I cannot see any difference and I’ve never noticed even in extended family members... your topic is misleading from the video content

6 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by topboss: 5:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
[s]
IkwerrePikin:

Igbo man the rate at which you igbos admire and wish Port harcourt is igbo land is so alarming!

This is not the first time the Oba is saying this, you igbos are so pained. You claim Ikwerre is nothing, but you’re all over Port harcourt, and fighting hard to change Ikwerre history to Igbo.

Oboy it can’t work, let an igbo traditional ruler come out to say Ikwerre are igbos and watch the outcome starting from Port harcourt.

I dey laugh una!
[/s]

ANSWER THIS QUESTION, Y OBA DEY LAUGH?

WHY DID HE DISTINGUISH BENIN KINGDOM FROM GREAT BENIN KINGDOM
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Born2Breed(f): 5:14pm On Jul 26, 2020
Ikwerre and Benin na 5n6.

1 Like

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by oyatz(m): 5:15pm On Jul 26, 2020
What of Oguta and Onitsha?

warripekin:
I hate it when adult lie for silly reasons. Theirs no relationship between ikwerre and Bini. No history or anthropological pointer to show ikwerre is from Bini. A day will come, when this lies will stop.
Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 26, 2020
IspitonCowards:
Ewedu man, I have your spyrogyra food ready for you

Your Nyamiri Igbo Gala sellers people are also eating it with black Amala under -bridge for Idumota lagos Island....idiot....

Son of vagabond and fugitive..son of Cain

2 Likes

Re: Ewuare, Oba Of Benin Hails Wike (Video) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 26, 2020
BigSarah:

Stop talking to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Despite Ban, Abuja EndSARS Protesters Shut Down Federal Secretariat / Dino Melaye, ABU VC Arrive Senate On Hearing Of Certificate Scandal (PHOTOS) / Federal Capital Cows: Cattle, motorists finding space on Abuja road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.