Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed (46805 Views)

Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) / Man Crushed To Death While Attempting To 'Collect' Money From Truck Driver / Man Transports People With Fridge On A Flooded Road, Makes Money From Flooding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Ishilove: 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2020
J111333 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Poster, you have turned yourself to their ATM. Last time I checked the block functions are in all android and iPhones. Block the leeches and have your peace of mind. Lord knows I don't abide parasitic friendships.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by kushme: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2020

The matter weak me.
Just help and say "No" when you don't want to.
No long story..

Moreover, I kind of dislike people(not all though) who'll help only to tell(loud it) everyone about it when issues set in.

Most times, helpers no dey use compassion to help but na for public show or some motive like the religious dogma(givers never lack kind of thing).

Again, receivers should give themselves small or big sense to know when to stop the asking .

We know that things are hard in naija and are not getting any better soon with the current get rich quick and scamming mentalities across the country.

With the greed and wickedness from the theiving manginas politicians, to the hoes on the streets and in the bedrooms(they only wanna fvck and get paid, anyway) , the drunk police officers and their corrupt superiors. Also, to the power drunk corrupt DSs and military men in Abuja and on the streets of Nigeria, cultists, money/fame thirsty preachers, terrorists(boko haram, bandits) , militant groups, tribalism, herdsmen etc, these people can't change the country for good.

Nigeria, too many wicked and stupid mentalities under one roof.

If we don't change the way we think and do things, then things will get from bad to worse, and a worse situation will make people more desperate.

Let us change our ways..

2 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by oyekan1997(m): 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2020
Na because say you geh money na. One Yoruba adage says "Owo ti o si, enikan o leri gba"(Money wey no dey, nobody go see am collect)

No come for me ooo abeg

7 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by martineverest(m): 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2020
them put gun for your head?

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by soberdrunk(m): 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2020
Nobody is exploiting you my man, from what I read they are begging and not forcing so if you don't have simply say so!! The worst type of friend is the one that will help and complain behind your back..... angry

6 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Martinez39s(m): 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2020
You must learn to say "NO." You must learn to realise that you owe no one anything, and there is absolutely nothing wrong if you leave everyone to carry their cross.

If you let people take advantage of you, they will.

8 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Kemimarch16(f): 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2020
Stop sending them money again before they suck you dry

3 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by MOSICATED5(m): 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2020
AM SURE YOUR PHONE AS A BLOCK BUTTON

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Amotekun777: 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2020
Dem dey use jazz for you ni? STOP responding to their messages anymore!

OP, craze dey worry ur head ni? angry I dey vex for you gan ni ooo. angry

3 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
DisGuy:
absolutely crazy to give them your sister's phone number and your wife too!

keep the foolishness between you and them if you can't stop!

Don't outsource your problem!!
LOL grin grin I swear he does not need to spread the foolishness

3 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Jabioro: 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
Very simple.. whenever they ask for money begin to tell them problem,let your problem be bigger than there own,when they complain, your complain must be bitterly to them.. don't make any money available for them again.Mind you they have been using confirmed Otumopo on you..mayehu..

5 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by manlawal(m): 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
ikoroduarea cant you change your number abi do they have access to you over there? no need to even change number, you should be the first to dey ask money from them , do for 3 months and see

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by mindpresh: 5:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
ikoroduarea:
Hi all,

I will really appreciate if moderator can help push this to front page.

Firstly, insults are welcome. I reside in Europe. Two of my friends they are biological brothers, they've been sucking me. I have been sending them money regularly for years, yes years, but I now realised that these people are not ready to work or learn any skill. Even their own biological brother in abroad reported them to me and doesn't take them serious anymore except their mum. Infarct, i used to send money to their mum too. But they just keep asking me for money everytime. Imagine I just sent you money when you said you are sick, two days after you sent me voice record asking me for money to rent a shop. Then the younger one who's chat bellow asking me for 100k for three of them as if I am picking money on the floor here. To some people in Nigeria who always think all nigerians in diaspora think we always think you're begging for money whenever you say hi just to hear from us, it is not the case. How about this too?

I am really tired. My wife who always agree I should help them have started complaining too. These two friends suddenly changed because I used to send them money even before they ask. It's like every week one problem must happen to them that require money. They will just send account number and the deadline time. They keep coming, coming, coming back again after giving. I have paid hundreds of thousands of naira for visa processing for one of them maybe at least they will stop asking me for money and one will be able to help his brother, but the visa was unsuccessful.

Few days ago one of them ask me to give him my sister's number that he just want to greet her since it's been years he saw her last. Behold, the next day my sister called to ask when did I hear from my friend last and did he mention about financial problem to me, I told my sister that he called me two days ago and asked of her number which I gave him. My sister said he requested for money to support his house rent and she sent him some money. I was shocked. Can you imagine guys? My friend. I am not saying it's a crime for him to ask my sister money but why lie to me that you just want to greet her when you asked me for her number? Whereas I just sent him money too not even up to a week.

See another demand again, see my reply, see his reply.

I know one or the two of them will start gossiping me around that I am proud, but they won't tell them about the good I have done for them, I have been doing. They won't. Some friends are not worth it anymore. I am very upset now that it's affecting me mentally and with my wife. Even my children were asking me last night "dad are you alright, you're not happy".

You know what again, one of them sent messages to my wife asking for mobile phone. I saw it but my wife didn't know that I saw it not until I responded to him myself and told my wife to never bother. My wife later sent the phone to him. Since then he's been using that opportunity to demand from her. Though he eventually stopped it but continue asking me only.

I have sent so much money but they just never stop asking. And I am not the time that take pictures and flaunt them on social media. I live my life on low-key.

I need your honest opinion.

Insults are welcome I promise I won't react to any insult.

I wanted to block them on my social media especially on WhatsApp but I had a rethink so they won't feel like I am proud because I am in abroad.

cry

You clearly don't work hard enough for your money otherwise you would have drawn the line a LONG TIME ago..

They never stop asking , because you NEVER STOP GIVING!.

How old are you anyway?. How can you allow people to be entitled to YOUR salary, that you worked HARD for, PAID TAXES??.. Apart from your Father & Mother, anyone who wants money should show you a repayment plan and they need to be "creditworthy" i.e. they have something that earns them money and PLAN to pay you back.

It's up to you to accept it when they do. That's how you separate the blood(money) suckers from the genuine ones in need.

p.s. Note people will ALWAYS talk about you , family & friends alike, so you better just do what gives you peace of mind and STOP giving a damn about whether they think you are proud.

So What if you are PROUD??... to be self -sufficient and independent is a thing of pride abeg!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Aboguede(m): 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2020
Very unnecessary long story

Oga u are a fool or big lier

Made up story made up by NL mods just to keep the traffic

If u know u know

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Wettoid123: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2020
the paInful part is that the day you will not send to them they wont know If you have been helping them b4,humans with their bad mind! my niece husband is a case study upon all what my nephew have done for that man even to the extent of buying him toyota camry, paid his flat one year rentage still the man they Bleep my niece up even my niece just left the husband house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by maiquel: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2020
Take notice...

13 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by shogsman(m): 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
Na you get money to waste sha,their own blood no give them money na you dey carry another person matter for head
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by DonFreshmoney(m): 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
Please can I send account number so you can bless me... any amount plz.. thanks

8 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by AJCs(m): 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
Assisting them from the outset wasn't bad, but continually assisting them is your fault simply because, that wouldn't allow them to work. My opinion: Block them off entirely from all contacts. From this, they would learn in a cery hard way to work. Bro, if you continue helping them despite blocking them off all contacts, I am sure you are under a strong spell that would subject you to a total deliverance!

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Tatashi: 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
My brother who is based in Ontario abandoned his watsapp because of Nigerian friends. He codedly gave us his new instagram handle if we (family) must chat him up. It was madness.247 begging and these friends have jobs over here but just because you are abroad they feel greedy to ask. Mr Man, CUT THEM OFF!!! if tables were to turn, they wont send you money recklessly.yes I used the word "recklessly" because that is exactly Wat you are doing.

If you die today, they will still survive! They beg you for money, beg your sister, beg your wife for phone. One-day they will beg your wife for nudes. Just look how careless you are with your family members phone number.

Tell your wife to call them to raise any money they have because currently you are in police net/jail and they are trying to raise money for bail. Ohhh! I know you can't do that because your type can't stay off social media daily posting and show off.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Akinlafe: 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
You are just being foolish..wise up man

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by rs172(m): 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
ikoroduarea:
Hi all,

Firstly, insults are welcome. I reside in Europe. Two of my friends they are biological brothers, they've been sucking me. I have been sending them money regularly for years, yes years, but I now realised that these people are not ready to work or learn any skill. Even their own biological brother in abroad reported them to me and doesn't take them serious anymore except their mum. Infarct, i used to send money to their mum too. But they just keep asking me for money everytime. Imagine I just sent you money when you said you are sick, two days after you sent me voice record asking me for money to rent a shop. Then the younger one who's chat bellow asking me for 100k for three of them as if I am picking money on the floor here. To some people in Nigeria who always think all nigerians in diaspora think we always think you're begging for money whenever you say hi just to hear from us, it is not the case. How about this too?

I am really tired. My wife who always agree I should help them have started complaining too. These two friends suddenly changed because I used to send them money even before they ask. It's like every week one problem must happen to them that require money. They will just send account number and the deadline time. They keep coming, coming, coming back again after giving. I have paid hundreds of thousands of naira for visa processing for one of them maybe at least they will stop asking me for money and one will be able to help his brother, but the visa was unsuccessful.

Few days ago one of them ask me to give him my sister's number that he just want to greet her since it's been years he saw her last. Behold, the next day my sister called to ask when did I hear from my friend last and did he mention about financial problem to me, I told my sister that he called me two days ago and asked of her number which I gave him. My sister said he requested for money to support his house rent and she sent him some money. I was shocked. Can you imagine guys? My friend. I am not saying it's a crime for him to ask my sister money but why lie to me that you just want to greet her when you asked me for her number? Whereas I just sent him money too not even up to a week.

I know one or the two of them will start gossiping me around that I am proud, but they won't tell them about the good I have done for them, I have been doing. They won't. Some friends are not worth it anymore. I am very upset now that it's affecting me mentally and with my wife. Even my children were asking me last night "dad are you alright, you're not happy".

You know what again, one of them sent messages to my wife asking for mobile phone. I saw it but my wife didn't know that I saw it not until I responded to him myself and told my wife to never bother. My wife later sent the phone to him. Since then he's been using that opportunity to demand from her. Though he eventually stopped it but continue asking me only.

I have sent so much money but they just never stop asking. And I am not the time that take pictures and flaunt them on social media. I live my life on low-key.

I wanted to block them on my social media especially on WhatsApp but I had a rethink so they won't feel like I am proud because I am in abroad.

cry

Pls change your mobile number, so they won't have access to you, if table turns will any of your friends respond to you?
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by SeriouslySense(m): 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
Dont be fast to dismiss, i had such requests

Kenn55:
Sometimes i feel that a lot of stories we read on this platform are fake.

How can this be real? I don't believe that someone can be this stupid and weak. It defies all understanding.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by sylve11: 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
Hmmmm cool
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Ingodwetrust15(m): 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2020
I’m currently facing same thing, I just recently got my first car and the billing hasn’t stopped since then. I’m sick and tired of the BS I already had plans on changing my number this week, Nobody did jackshit for me if not for God in Heaven I wonder where I will even be now.... OP I will advise you just like my good friend advised me last night “ YOU OWE NOBODY NOTHING”

9 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Glaswegian: 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2020
Not only you o. Applies to almost every person working in Nigeria.

Because of this, I hardly pick calls or reply messages.

There are people that know my payday. By the end of the month, a lot of messages.

Almost everyone is a beggar here. It’s a serious situation.

8 Likes

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Dayonsky(m): 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2020
Haba bros, can you just listen to yourself, am sure they use jazz join but the jazz don dey fade that's why you are complaining, if not you would brace up and stop this rubbish. I take God beg you stop this stupid gesture right away if you want your peace and happiness back. Its well with you oooo

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by Wickedfact: 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2020
OP, refer all of them to MC Oluomo let them be cutting grass in Lagos and be collecting 20k every month.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by KingEzo: 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2020
it's better you cut them off. I hate parasite, they will make sure they suck you dry the dump you. you're not under any obligation to send them one kobo. stop seeking for advice Bro. do the needful
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by JeffreyOraz(m): 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2020
hmmm
Re: My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed by akenzua74: 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2020
ikoroduarea:
Hi all,

I wanted to block them on my social media especially on WhatsApp but I had a rethink so they won't feel like I am proud because I am in abroad. If you think people will love you by giving them money, you are damn wrong. Don't kill yourself for anyone. To know whom they are, pretend you are broke and ignore all their requests, you be shock to see their reaction.

cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos) / Canada Closed Work Permit / 10 Most Popular Structures In Lagos And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.