Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? (20029 Views)

Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? / Should I Accept The Job Offer From Him Or Not? Pls Help! / Should I Accept The Teaching Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Sirfemisky: 9:11am On Jul 28, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
shocked

30k ?

Very ridiculous abi you no get Nigerian Gf?

Please PM slawomir for some free tutorial on bombing and having online clients
tongue
How far bro?.
Any update
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 9:13am On Jul 28, 2020
shedy03:

I wonder if they really need someone in the position they offer you or they are only doing you a favour.
30K to a valuable graduate, graduate with 2.1. haba!
Abi
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by mamaafrik(m): 9:15am On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

Lol but you didn’t state the bills you pay. You could be staying with your parents and the 20k for you is just for data and transport. See through what I wrote rent here is even 8k a month.
the only bill not included is House rent but feeding,data sub,t.fare,nepa bill are included.
I even have a colleague collecting same as i do that rents a house .
At this stage you need to know your priorities.
I had to drop most of my Girlfriends who are cash centred and many frivolities ,this is my life.
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 9:16am On Jul 28, 2020
mamaafrik:
the only bill not included is House rent but feeding,data sub,t.fare,nepa bill are included.
I even have a colleague collecting same as i do that rents a house .
At this stage you need to know your priorities.
I had to drop most of my Girlfriends who are cash centred and many frivolities ,this is my life.

And the location is Lagos right? That’s why i don’t think I will accept it. Because here opportunities are limited
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by sageb: 9:19am On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

Political science and public administration. Daily t fare will cost about 300naira. I’m 22 age. Career wise I want to grow and possibly be an hr someday.
which school? Is it Uniuyo?
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by ucosuagwu(m): 9:20am On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:
Hello. I was offered a job in a firm. I’m a graduate done with nysc and have a 2.1 with relevant skills. I was thinking of going legit and the salary offered was 30k per month in the firm. Is it worth it? Location is state capital in the south.

Should I take the job or relocate back to the west where they are better opportunities?

With 2.1 and NYSC?? 30k is an insult..Develop a freelance skill instead and get better at it, you can earn up to 200 300k per month or more trust me, I am very well on this table.

Also...This one you are saying going legit?? bros were you into illegal things?

1 Like

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by nogragra: 9:27am On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:
Hello. I was offered a job in a firm. I’m a graduate done with nysc and have a 2.1 with relevant skills. I was thinking of going legit and the salary offered was 30k per month in the firm. Is it worth it? Location is state capital in the south.

Should I take the job or relocate back to the west where they are better opportunities?
which one be thinking of going leggit? You be yahoo boy before?

1 Like

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by nogragra: 9:27am On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

Which one be thinking of going leggit? You be yahoo boy before?
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by rasque96(m): 9:30am On Jul 28, 2020
My brother , is not about the basic salary sometimes, if egunje , I mean your (NATIONAL CAKES) pass salary , WHY NOT?
Learn1:

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by mamaafrik(m): 9:32am On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

And the location is Lagos right? That’s why i don’t think I will accept it. Because here opportunities are limited
my friend,same lagos may not be dat better too, i had that mindset too before coming,if you don't have good link of ready made offer,sorry might be the caseoo
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by blackist777: 9:34am On Jul 28, 2020

1 Like

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by calebians1(m): 9:38am On Jul 28, 2020
I have always wanted to build something in this line, though my B.sc is not computer science related, can you suggest how to achieve this?
snowland:
I know someone that made a very good 2:1 from OAU. He served in the north and immediately after his service, he got a job that paid him 30k. He didnt say because he had a 2.1 and lots of skill set, he would not take the 30k job. 6 months later, salary got increased to 40k. Another 7 months later, he got the opportunity to apply for graduate trainee position in the same company he worked with. Due to his experience, he was offered the position and his pay increased from 40k to 110k.
The guy had to potential of earning 400k monthly within 3 years if he decided to stay with the company. But he decided to quit after 1 year of being a grad trainee.
He now makes 10x of what he was making then on a monthly basis.

What did he do: He used part of the 30k monthly salary to get trained in Software Testing while looking for other better opportunities. He was lucky and the software testi g training opened up the opportunity of a good job for him and now, he's doing relatively ok.

You know who this guy is? The guy is ME.

Moral of the story: Never despise the days of your humble beginnings.Take the job, better yourself with any IT training and keep your eyes and ears open for better stuffs out there. God bless your hustle bruh..
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 9:38am On Jul 28, 2020
ucosuagwu:

With 2.1 and NYSC?? 30k is an insult..Develop a freelance skill instead and get better at it, you can earn up to 200 300k per month or more trust me, I am very well on this table.

Also...This one you are saying going legit?? bros were you into illegal things?

Going legit meant office job lol. Can you please put me through the freelancing?
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Aforxzy(f): 9:44am On Jul 28, 2020
I remember my first job after NYSC. The pay wasnt much. I have a good grade and wanted more. It was a one man's business. I was used and over used but I got the best training . The training got me another job which paid five times more. Today I am using the skills I acquired from that job to start my own business. Sometimes you need the experience and exposure to get a better job or to move on.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by spiceadole: 9:44am On Jul 28, 2020
Shukusheka:
You have given us little information to work with to give an advice.

We do not know your career aspiration, what job you got, distance of workplace to your home, what you studied in school, when you finished school.

Personally, if I made a 2.1 and still freshly out of school, I am not taking a 30k job.

Honestly..
30K salary is way too poor.
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by ucosuagwu(m): 9:47am On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

Going legit meant office job lol. Can you please put me through the freelancing?

Lol and the at home comfortable freelance I do is unlegit?
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 9:47am On Jul 28, 2020
Aforxzy:
I remember my first job after NYSC. The pay wasnt much. I have a good grade and wanted more. It was a one man's business. I was used and over used but I got the best training . The training got me another job which paid five times more. Today I am using the skills I acquired from that job to start my own business. Sometimes you need the experience and exposure to get a better job or to move on.

Your pay then in comparison to 30k today which is better? Lol. Why I considered not taking it actually was because growth here is limited because it isn’t an industrial town
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 9:48am On Jul 28, 2020
ucosuagwu:

Lol and the at home comfortable freelance I do is unlegit?

You didn’t understand lol. Maybe it was the way I put it. Can you help with the freelance?
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by ucosuagwu(m): 9:52am On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

If you have nothing else, take the job and still continue your side hustle...You are not doing the job for 30k but for experience, exposure and connect........Right now I would take a job that pays like 50k just to meet people and get exposure although I know I already earn 10-15 times more than that every month on my freelance/side hustle/investments...And yet, I still don't have a degree or nysc yet to to covid19 holding back school and my results being released for clearance....So yea take the job I guess but If it starts to over stress you out, my brother quit, if it starts to give you losses, meaning your transport, feeding, other things surpass the 30k month because of the job, then leave it.
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by NACE13: 10:09am On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

Your pay then in comparison to 30k today which is better? Lol. Why I considered not taking it actually was because growth here is limited because it isn’t an industrial town

To be honest with you, I wouldn't take that job if it doesn't build me or give me time to build myself and get other skills or certification(s). If it is a company that pays small but will guarantee your growth I don't see why you shouldn't accept it. if you are serious and dedicated in growing yourself, I'm sure in less than a year you'd be getting better offers

Where I did my IT when I was still in school, I was paid 10k a month(transport was like 7k, but i was staying with a relation)and I gladly accepted it because I knew what I was going to gain in 6months.
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by OhiOfIhima: 10:10am On Jul 28, 2020
Maj196:
Sorry is it a law firm?
I work in a law firm.... Hmmmmm! plenty matter
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 10:11am On Jul 28, 2020
ucosuagwu:

If you have nothing else, take the job and still continue your side hustle...You are not doing the job for 30k but for experience, exposure and connect........Right now I would take a job that pays like 50k just to meet people and get exposure although I know I already earn 10-15 times more than that every month on my freelance/side hustle/investments...And yet, I still don't have a degree or nysc yet to to covid19 holding back school and my results being released for clearance....So yea take the job I guess but If it starts to over stress you out, my brother quit, if it starts to give you losses, meaning your transport, feeding, other things surpass the 30k month because of the job, then leave it.

Lol you still didn’t state if you will help me in learning the freelancing. Staying here I won’t be able to do side hustle as it’s a 8-5 mon-fri job. And if I take it definitely I will be a debtor lol
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Firstorderwizard(m): 10:11am On Jul 28, 2020
Wantedmiller:

where d other two dey?

My payroll bro.
My office is part time
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Ugmama(m): 10:16am On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

At one point in my life, I earned 30k per month with msc.
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by na2016: 10:17am On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

Pick the job while you look for something better. Is it not better than nothing? That period will not be vacant on your CV and you can easily pick some of your bills instead of depending on someone.
you mentioned relevant skills, I ask you , what skill do you really have?
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 10:20am On Jul 28, 2020
Ugmama:

At one point in my life, I earned 30k per month with msc.

But you had opportunity to grow right? And flexible schedule and less bills right?
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Alexmecury4: 10:21am On Jul 28, 2020
Don't let certificate decieve you ogan cert no dey pay bills.
U no get work experience, definitely no strong connection and u wan get ob of one twenty thousand naira, lol.
Oga no wish mae the person wey dey feed now no die, u go understand

Shukusheka:
You have given us little information to work with to give an advice.

We do not know your career aspiration, what job you got, distance of workplace to your home, what you studied in school, when you finished school.

Personally, if I made a 2.1 and still freshly out of school, I am not taking a 30k job.
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 10:22am On Jul 28, 2020
na2016:

Pick the job while you look for something better. Is it not better than nothing? That period will not be vacant on your CV and you can easily pick some of your bills instead of depending on someone.
you mentioned relevant skills, I ask you , what skill do you really have?

The job is a 8-5 mon-fri kind of job and might require traveling too. What makes you feel I wouldn’t get a better offer now and take this in the name of that period won’t be vacant in your cv? Rent here is 8k/month. Microsoft and other soft skills
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Chuksmonika(m): 10:40am On Jul 28, 2020
as thing be for Nigeria now, it is advisable to hold the one wey you see oo, as far as it can pay your bills and tak care of your needs, financial needs as it were, I advice you to take it.

As for me, I have accepted it as faith were to be an article of faith, that God will not let me down, God no go shame us!
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by isax(m): 10:41am On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

Thanks
The thing is the money offered can’t even pay half of my bills how then do I cope or even deliver effectively. It’s very funny when I heard the salary offered

Bros mi good morning. Let me first say this there is hardly easy-to-get jobs that can take care of your bills.
I studied BSc Accounting, graduated in 2014 with Second Class Upper, and I went for my professional (ANAN) 2017-2018.
Personally I started with a firm that paid me 20k in 2018 (honestly I started going there expecting nothing coz i had skills that brought me money and paid my bills) I offered to go there to start getting experience in the field of auditing since I wasn't employed. So I told my boss that on Thu rsday and Friday I wouldn't be coming to work because I do go for my personal hustle(and honestly he agreed).

You can accept the offer and tell the person if you have other sources of income. So that you can get experience on the job and still take care of your bills as well.
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by AAhmdi(m): 10:47am On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

Thanks
The thing is the money offered can’t even pay half of my bills how then do I cope or even deliver effectively. It’s very funny when I heard the salary offered

You could cut down your spending .
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by policysamuel(m): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2020
Rgade:
30k shocked
You may accept the job,but before you do; you must place your hand on your chest and solemnly swear that once you've earned your first salary, you'll start forex or bet9ja.

Can 30K start forex?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arik Air Nigeria Graduate Junior Analyst Recruitment (apply Online Now ) / Invitation For Aptitude Test At Russel Smith / Population Census: My Accreditation Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.