Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,606 members, 7,955,232 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:07 PM

Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? (20411 Views)

Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? / Should I Accept The Job Offer From Him Or Not? Pls Help! / Should I Accept The Teaching Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by ImaIma1(f): 10:52am On Jul 28, 2020
The most advice you will get is to take the job while you are looking for a better one. It is not a bad advice. Although, some of these low paying jobs have the tendency to keep you down there until you are caught up in the system of low paying jobs and start believing that there are no jobs out there.

Also, such jobs will take your time, energy and you would probably not have the chance to go for other interviews. These jobs pay low but the workload is usually not proportionate to the salary.

Take your time to think about the long term rather than short. Whatever you decide should work.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by brownemmanuel43(m): 10:54am On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

It can’t cater for immediate needs
Broda man I will only say think twice before accepting the offer. Bcs some jobs once u dun enter to excuse yourself na wahala.
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 11:09am On Jul 28, 2020
isax:

Bros mi good morning. Let me first say this there is hardly easy-to-get jobs that can take care of your bills.
I studied BSc Accounting, graduated in 2014 with Second Class Upper, and I went for my professional (ANAN) 2017-2018.
Personally I started with a firm that paid me 20k in 2018 (honestly I started going there expecting nothing coz i had skills that brought me money and paid my bills) I offered to go there to start getting experience in the field of auditing since I wasn't employed. So I told my boss that on Thu rsday and Friday I wouldn't be coming to work because I do go for my personal hustle(and honestly he agreed).

You can accept the offer and tell the person if you have other sources of income. So that you can get experience on the job and still take care of your bills as well.

Thanks. This particular job is a 8-5 mon-fri job. And transport daily is 300. What do you think? Lol
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 28, 2020
What you don't know is, first you don't have any other offer, and whether you take this or not, you will still pay bills.

So you take the offer and have at least something to settle bill from till you get other better offer, join a skill acquisition on weekends or

Reject the offer and still pay bills through pestering others and begging while being disrespected in your father's house till better offer come.

Nija don spoil, e don spoil nothing wey we fit do

Choose
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Pinkybush: 11:49am On Jul 28, 2020
As a graduate too, I'm even searching for such to take care of myself as an orphan. If you have backup (parents or guardian) who is providing for you, then you may consider looking elsewhere for a better job, but if you don't have, then accept the job while searching for a better offer.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Alfredjones1(m): 11:49am On Jul 28, 2020
[quote author=Ladylite post=92176072]

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

you've said it all, security a Job is harder than acquiring the degree itself he should make a wise decision by accepting the job offer before bigger opportunity comes.
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:
Hello. I was offered a job in a firm. I’m a graduate done with nysc and have a 2.1 with relevant skills. I was thinking of going legit and the salary offered was 30k per month in the firm. Is it worth it? Location is state capital in the south.

Should I take the job or relocate back to the west where they are better opportunities?
Who told you, there are better opportunities here in South West?. apart from Lagos, no any south western states with better opportunities oh. south south is the best region in terms of job opportunities. accept the job offer as soon as possible, make quality friends, from there, you will see a better job.
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by hollarunji08(m): 12:16pm On Jul 28, 2020
Today Nigeria didn't give chance to play with any opportunity offered bro..
My advice is that, if you kwn dat if u can stay at home for a month and earn more than 30k, don't accept the offer bro but if you can't earn upto 30k in a month while staying at home, bro kindly grab the opp and keep searching for another job of your taste
Lemme drop here
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by littlemaster001(m): 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2020
ucosuagwu:

With 2.1 and NYSC?? 30k is an insult..Develop a freelance skill instead and get better at it, you can earn up to 200 300k per month or more trust me, I am very well on this table.

Also...This one you are saying going legit?? bros were you into illegal things?

Boss, can I learn freelance skill from you ?

I'm ready to pay to learn.
please
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Nairalandmonika: 12:48pm On Jul 28, 2020
Maj196:
Sorry is it a law firm?
Lol, after spending 6 yrs in school.
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Nairalandmonika: 12:49pm On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

Thanks. This particular job is a 8-5 mon-fri job. And transport daily is 300. What do you think? Lol
Don't accept jor, what's that.
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by chapwiz(m): 1:08pm On Jul 28, 2020
Bro
Take the job and gather experience, your 2.1 without experience cannot take anywhere. Experience is the other of the day.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by tomdon(m): 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2020
Don't take that shit no matter what!
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by na2016: 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

The job is a 8-5 mon-fri kind of job and might require traveling too. What makes you feel I wouldn’t get a better offer now and take this in the name of that period won’t be vacant in your cv? Rent here is 8k/month. Microsoft and other soft skills

As far as I am concern, Mircosoft word and other word applications are not skills. They are like "drinking water".
In your posts you have given me two red flags about yourself. 1) going legit 2) soft skills

1 Like

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
Ugmama:

At one point in my life, I earned 30k per month with msc.

Still doesn't make it right.
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:49pm On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

I really have nothing to say to you if you can’t see other reasons why I brought the discussion here. Do I take the job?

Don't take the job, share the contact to those who are interested

1 Like

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 2:00pm On Jul 28, 2020
na2016:

As far as I am concern, Mircosoft word and other word applications are not skills. They are like "drinking water".
In your posts you have given me two red flags about yourself. 1) going legit 2) soft skills

Did you see where I said going legit means office job? Because I didn’t say white collar job? Soo being proficient in things like excel is like drinking water? Keep drinking your water man. And keep looking for points to critique
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

Did you see where I said going legit means office job? Because I didn’t say white collar job? Soo being proficient in things like excel is like drinking water? Keep drinking your water man. And keep looking for points to critique
Oga every Tom Dick and Harry have knowledge of this thing you're hyping as if it's some special skill. Microsoft office packages? Mtcheew
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Samakus(m): 2:12pm On Jul 28, 2020
You nailed it. This is the mistake I made in my early 20s. Now I'm 29 and starting where I should have passed since

Young man, don't take that 30k job. If you no see another better work, enter street. As long as you didn't kill anyone, nobody cares how you made your money. Everybody cares about how poor you are

Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

My niggarrr
Don't be deceived by your young age

Na so poverty take dey start
Before you know it one girl will be willing to cohabit with you for that 30k job
Then una go begin stay face me i slap you apartment
Then pikin go drop

After that your chances of upgrading in life go come reduce because you will now be scared of taking risks as wife and pikin don dey ground....

So if I be you i go avoid that job
There is nothing like the journey of a thousand kilometres begin with a step.... slow and steady wins the race...
You are too young for that bullshit

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 2:37pm On Jul 28, 2020
Kaeboy:
Oga every Tom Dick and Harry have knowledge of this thing you're hyping as if it's some special skill. Microsoft office packages? Mtcheew

Lol typical Nigerian justifying the pay. You could be the kind of person that pays a graduate such amount. Weee your eyes closed when I said relevant skills? Soo Microsoft isn’t relevant to the job? Aside other personal skills I’ve developed overtime? I shouldn’t have replied you
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by emaxjey(m): 2:37pm On Jul 28, 2020
littlemaster001:

Boss, can I learn freelance skill from you ?
I'm ready to pay to learn. please
there are so many skills you can learn and become a freelancer. Graphic design UI/UX Design Motion Graphics Video Editing Programming Copywriting
and many more ..
you can chat me up via my signature Incase you want to know more and learn .
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

Lol typical Nigerian justifying the pay. You could be the kind of person that pays a graduate such amount. Weee your eyes closed when I said relevant skills? Soo Microsoft isn’t relevant to the job? Aside other personal skills I’ve developed overtime? I shouldn’t have replied you
Don't be angry
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Ugmama(m): 2:56pm On Jul 28, 2020
Obingene:

Still doesn't make it right.

No rights or wrong here.

Stay up against any limitations if you may
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Ugmama(m): 2:56pm On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

But you had opportunity to grow right? And flexible schedule and less bills right?

It was not a pleasant experience.

But perseverance is the key.
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by littlemaster001(m): 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2020
emaxjey:

there are so many skills you can learn and become a freelancer. Graphic design UI/UX Design Motion Graphics Video Editing Programming Copywriting
and many more ..
you can chat me up via my signature Incase you want to know more and learn .

Thanks bro, I will

1 Like

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by isax(m): 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

hmmm... my brother the ball is in your court and even the goal post is in your stadium
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by na2016: 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

I wish you will even listen to people who are far ahead of you. guy i have walked this road over 9 years ago, so when I talk, listen to me. The 30K job isnt bad for you to pick and start. You can give one thousand reasons not to pick it but I can also give you more reasons you should pick that poor job than stay at home

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 4:49pm On Jul 28, 2020
na2016:

I wish you will even listen to people who are far ahead of you. guy i have walked this road over 9 years ago, so when I talk, listen to me. The 30K job isnt bad for you to pick and start. You can give one thousand reasons not to pick it but I can also give you more reasons you should pick that poor job than stay at home

Ok then. The job is a mon-fri 8-5 and could require traveling. Transport a month is 6k and rent is 8k/month. This is a place where I don’t have family or friends. Other bills haven’t been added. I will really like you sir to tell me why I should take the job. I’m a novice. And also don’t conclude I’m going to sit at home.
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by willybaby(m): 5:51pm On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

You didn’t see where I write legit means office work?
is doing the right thing something to think about ?..
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by starlightRR(m): 6:17pm On Jul 28, 2020
Learn1:

I’m surprised. Are you all actually telling me to go do a job that before month end I will be borrowing money from people to feed?

If the job has future prospects and it's related to your discipline...hang in there (your focus should be more on gaining experience)...money will always fall in place when you build yourself
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by Learn1: 6:22pm On Jul 28, 2020
starlightRR:

If the job has future prospects and it's related to your discipline...hang in there (your focus should be more on gaining experience)...money will always fall in place when you build yourself

It’s related to my discipline. But see transport fare alone is 6k monthly rent is 8k/month. Very funny lol.
Re: Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? by emaxjey(m): 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2020
littlemaster001:

Thanks bro, I will
okay bro..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kogi State University Is Recruiting For Lecturers (Photos) / UBA Assessment Test / 2024 Recruitment Of 30,000 Policemen Begins Nationwide On Monday – PSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.