Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,048 members, 7,814,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

The Meaning Of The Word "Love Me For Who I Am" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Meaning Of The Word "Love Me For Who I Am" (415 Views)

The Word "Love" Is Not In The Igbo Vocabulary. / Guess Who I Jam For Gym Today? (pics) / Help:she Made Me Who I Am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Meaning Of The Word "Love Me For Who I Am" by Jewel1515(f): 8:34am On Jul 29, 2020
At one point in a man's life, the question what do you want in a partner is asked. Most times they end up saying "a person that will love me for who I am" .
What does that even mean? Who is a man or a woman without what he has to offer? Without his qualification? His thriving career?
Parents brag about there children when they are doing well in their respective professions, education etc. when the said child fails especially when the failure is self induced, they become angry and ashamed of their own child.
A case scenario: Sandra broke up with okey few weeks to their wedding simply because she overhead okey telling his friend that the reason why he is marrying Sandra is because she has a good job and so together they acquire properties and other investments and live a good life.
Sandra is hurt by this, she feels okey does not love her for who she is and I ask what is Sandra again and is okey wrong for loving what he loved about Sandra?
Note okey has a job as well though Sandra earned higher.
I ask what does love me for who I am mean?
Please this should be an educative post.
Re: The Meaning Of The Word "Love Me For Who I Am" by donbachi(m): 8:53am On Jul 29, 2020
It does not exist in nigeria...unless u wan love urself.

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of The Word "Love Me For Who I Am" by popsy2(m): 9:14am On Jul 29, 2020
Dunno

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of The Word "Love Me For Who I Am" by Ugaboy: 9:16am On Jul 29, 2020
I dont use the love language i dont understand.
i will still attempt it..."who i am" may literaly mean "quality"...loving he/she with he/her quality.
-falling in love with under-educated man.
-falling in love with a disable partner
-falling in love with a rugged looking tout etc
inspite every potential odd within your social circle, you see to trust your love with him/her. "loving me for who i am; with my quality"

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of The Word "Love Me For Who I Am" by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 29, 2020
Jewel1515:
At one point in a man's life, the question what do you want in a partner is asked. Most times they end up saying "a person that will love me for who I am" .
What does that even mean? Who is a man or a woman without what he has to offer? Without his qualification? His thriving career?
Parents brag about there children when they are doing well in their respective professions, education etc. when the said child fails especially when the failure is self induced, they become angry and ashamed of their own child.
A case scenario: Sandra broke up with okey few weeks to their wedding simply because she overhead okey telling his friend that the reason why he is marrying Sandra is because she has a good job and so together they acquire properties and other investments and live a good life.
Sandra is hurt by this, she feels okey does not love her for who she is and I ask what is Sandra again and is okey wrong for loving what he loved about Sandra?
Note okey has a job as well though Sandra earned higher.
I ask what does love me for who I am mean?
Please this should be an educative post.

People just have their personal meaning of what love is....u can’t love someone becos of one aspect of the person’s life...
while people take the statement to mean you should love them for their personality, the truth is personality is what we see last... we see beauty first, style, charisma, cars, Job, before we now get to know the person inside... therefore, both the outside and the inside makes up who we are....i probably won’t stop to say hello to you if you dress badly.
Women can’t lie that money doesn’t affect love.. women have proven this over and over again...

Men too have proven that feelings can become impaired when they find out their woman has 15body counts and several cascades of abortion on the resume....
At the end of the day...love me for who I am is just an statement of insecurity...we are scared if things don’t remain the same, will our fiancé or spouse stop loving us or not...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Meaning Of The Word "Love Me For Who I Am" by Zabiboy: 9:54am On Jul 29, 2020

Anyone that tells you such either has
A horrible past
A bitter present or
A deluded future ....
And to cap it off, the person is not ready to go through the stress reality of Self-improvement..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Can A Married Woman Have A Sidekick And Still Love Her Husband? / I Need Advice And Help / How A Discharged Covid 19 Patient Went Home With Man She Fell In Love With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.