Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,500 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes - Investment (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes (54456 Views)

Betting: How I Betted On Opposite Side Of Same Event And Lost Both / How I Turned N50,000 To 5.7 Million In 8 Months / Safe Betting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Charlex23(m): 2:47pm On Jul 30, 2020
You staked someone's 880k and you are not in the station by now. Hmm

3 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by maak400: 2:48pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kemimarch16:
yes o I'm still waiting for you to patronize too
I don’t eat it but I know someone that does, I’ll give the person the contact on your profile
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Yankee101: 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2020
The house never loses
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by sheyisky(m): 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2020
[quote author=abujarealtor post=92235450]

Bro how I fit reach you abeg? Shey you still get games
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by thonyman: 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2020
I can assure you the 70k you claimed you latter made will still end up in the bookmakers account.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by sheyisky(m): 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2020
maak400:

I don’t eat it but I know someone that does, I’ll give the person the contact on your profile
abeg gibe me too o
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by masterP042(m): 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2020
I just pity the unfortunate client somewhere, sleeping in peace, not knowing that devil has used one mumu, to waste his hustle.. May we never meet someone like this OP in the course of our lives.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by CrazyOptimist: 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2020
greenskittles:

In the US, online gambling is also illegal. Only physical gambling spots that can be regulated are allowed. At least then, someone physically going to a store to throw away all his money might have a rethink. In Vegas some people will even refuse to sell chips to you if they see that you're probably panicking and are going to lose everything. People like Akin Alabi that profited off people's desperation and are now in the government to steal our commonwealth wouldn't exist. Tell me how someone like that could possibly support a ban on online betting.

Stop lying mr man
Online betting is legal in the US.
Betmgm, draftkings, FanDuel, betrivers etc

The difference is they all have a way of controlling irresponsible gambling.
For example, you can do the settings such that;

You cant bet above a particular amount in a month.
You can also set the maximum amount of deposits.
You can even do self suspension for 1month, 5 months , 1 year, 5 years sef.

5 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by ODJ124(m): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

Can you point me to the channel pls?
Abeg u in the name of God.... most of the groups on telegram are scams....
you have been warned..

op try seria a, Chinese league, Australian league most of there matches do play 1.5 ..

pls op don't play anything computerized again it's all scam... the higher u stake the more prone u are to loss..

you can play Swiss league today over 1.5
it sure believe me...

playing avoid telegram groups

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by raphrinco: 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2020
It can happen to a novice or to anyone don't mind the pretence here , some had lost much more than you did . Stop if you can or moreover build from the scratch . na d scratch build sweet pass!
abujarealtor:
Good day, everyone.

Yesterday was one of the most confusing days for me. For a moment, I almost ran mad.

Two weeks ago, I didn't even know what betting was like. Never done it, never experienced it. I hardly knew what the numbers meant.

Fast forward to yesterday, Tuesday, 28 July, I was risking a client's money on a game I thought was 'a sure bet.'

It was an eSports game I've been following for a while. I knew the players involved were very skilled and could score for fun. They did so in over 10 successive matches last night. So I thought it was worthwhile betting they'd score at least 2 goals.

I tried to do so in three attempts, but didn't have the mind to follow through, only for the matches to end up with at least 3 goals or more.

Informed by this, I thought it was safe to go on ahead and play this one time. I did. Unfortunately, both matches didn't end like I had predicted.

Over 800k was gone in a flash. I couldn't believe it. Seeing the signs, I attempted a cash out while the match was still live but couldn't, as the option wasn't available.

You may wonder why I had to risk such a huge sum.

It's simple; think I got greedy. embarassed

However, my excuse was that I needed money to offset some bills. Faced with so much responsibilities, I thought winning over a million naira would go a long way in helping me take care of stuff since business hasn't been coming in so much. The tile money I used was my first business since March, before the lockdown.

But, of course, my greed overshadowed any excuse I could offer.

To all the young men out there, please, regardless of how sure you are, do not stake more money than you're willing to lose. I've been there. The allure of making it big sooner can be overwhelming, but don't risk it.

If you must, stake little sums and make future bets from your winnings.

cry cry cry

@lalasticlala, Mynd44 I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this, but pls help push it to the front page so people can learn from my experience.

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Kemimarch16(f): 2:53pm On Jul 30, 2020
maak400:

your head dey there grin
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by VicM6: 2:54pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:
Good day, everyone.

Yesterday was one of the most confusing days for me. For a moment, I almost ran mad.

Two weeks ago, I didn't even know what betting was like. Never done it, never experienced it. I hardly knew what the numbers meant.

Fast forward to yesterday, Tuesday, 28 July, I was risking a client's money on a game I thought was 'a sure bet.'

It was an eSports game I've been following for a while. I knew the players involved were very skilled and could score for fun. They did so in over 10 successive matches last night. So I thought it was worthwhile betting they'd score at least 2 goals.

I tried to do so in three attempts, but didn't have the mind to follow through, only for the matches to end up with at least 3 goals or more.

Informed by this, I thought it was safe to go on ahead and play this one time. I did. Unfortunately, both matches didn't end like I had predicted.

Over 800k was gone in a flash. I couldn't believe it. Seeing the signs, I attempted a cash out while the match was still live but couldn't, as the option wasn't available.

However, my excuse was that I needed money to offset some bills. Faced with so much responsibilities, I thought winning over a million naira would go a long way in helping me take care of stuff since business hasn't been coming in so much. The tile money I used was my first business since March, before the lockdown.

To all the young men out there, please, regardless of how sure you are, do not stake more money than you're willing to lose. I've been there. The allure of making it big sooner can be overwhelming, but don't risk it.

cry cry cry

@lalasticlala, Mynd44 I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this, but pls help push it to the front page so people can learn from my experience.
Op, pls chat me up, i got sometin for you to redeem bk ur lost fund. next time you will learn sha.....07018 8927 17
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by sheyisky(m): 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

Please feel free to rebuke me. I deserve it. cry embarassed
You are a Mumu Man�

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by hidhrhis(m): 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Baba go and make money and stop helping someone to calculate his money. Are all hands equal? Many spend that 800k just in clubs everyday without breaking a sweat.

Nothing is unfair, when ur time comes if it's written in ur star, you go count am well
I know and I'm trying my best
Shey na pesin whey dey reasonable na him go spend 800k clubbing
Life ain't like that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by kheny12(m): 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2020
Nitah1:
The very day i knew something called "fixed game"i stop wasting my money....the highest i can stake is 100naira.

eSports...no�✋�...
virtual...no�✋�.
How do fixed games work,pls.I think it's scam.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2020
If care is not taken many young men will die before they reach 40. It's a fact that when betnaija, nairabet and all these betting things started suicide rate became full blown in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by OBku4(m): 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

Bro how I fit reach you abeg?

Dis one still one bet cheesy
U never still learn your lesson abi? grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by SpicyMimi(f): 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:
Good day, everyone.

cry cry cry

@I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this, but pls help push it to the front page so people can learn from my experience.
You are really strong o! I’d have cried my eyes out for days...I doubt If I’d be able to eat.

So sorry for your loss, please stay away from bets, gambling etc it usually ends in tears.

3 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by NNAMDIII(m): 3:00pm On Jul 30, 2020
delerx:
I lost more than 100k to betking and 1xbet this month. I had to close my firstbank insurance to pay for some debts I got to survive. Betting can never make you rich
who told you that? undecided

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by pacificom: 3:00pm On Jul 30, 2020
Betting or gambling is not as sure as going to bank ATM to withdraw your cash. Listen to what Kenny Rogers sang:

"You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done"

2 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by mike272(m): 3:01pm On Jul 30, 2020
People don't understand sports bets one bit. This is computer it has been programme.

The moment you stake a very huge amount it will trigger computer algorithm to bring a result that will go against you. They see the amount you stake and can not foolishly lost a huge amount to you.

4 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

This is very true. I couldn't understand how hitherto top scorers who happened to be in form misfire all in one game.

cry

Next time contact me. You won't need to use such large amount to get your target.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by ODJ124(m): 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
vickydevoka:

My brother please how do u know. I was playing 100 niara I won 100k since I increased my stake I became fustrated. B4 Coronavirus been on February I went back to 100 naira, my live have been going well. Last week I won 45k. Yesterday if not for Juventus I would have won 100k
seems you are Good at betting.. ...

I wish I can get games from you this week..
I can stake 100 to win 45-100k...
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by seanwilliam(m): 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2020
vickydevoka:

My brother please how do u know. I was playing 100 niara I won 100k since I increased my stake I became fustrated. B4 Coronavirus been on February I went back to 100 naira, my live have been going well. Last week I won 45k. Yesterday if not for Juventus I would have won 100k
mr. Man .dey share me bookies make I dey contribute 100 weekly
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by 6ixT8: 3:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
Klass99:

Please tell me you're not thinking of going back to bet some more.

you certainly don't understand... at this moment the only way that seems surest to the OP to raise the money is through betting again.

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Sleekmilan01(m): 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2020
stagger:
Nigeria needs to follow Uganda and Kenya's example. Uganda has outlawed sports betting completely. Kenya has stripped 27 companies of their licenses, including the big two Betin and SportPesa.

But no. Naija government now has the bet company owners as lawmakers.

What are u saying??

Has UK or USA outlawed sport betting??...it was strictly stated bet responsibly,just like those selling alcohol will tell u drink responsibly...if u campaign for sport betting to be scrapped,then drinking alcohol and so many other things should be scrapped

2 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by laivwire(m): 3:07pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

Bro how I fit reach you abeg?
Seems you've not learned your lesson angry

2 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by OBku4(m): 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2020
Lolzzz grin grin
Sorry would definitely be your last name.
This decision shall end in Tears

abujarealtor:

I deserve it, no doubt. And I regret it. Never throught I could do it myself until it happened.

I understand the point you're trying to make. But bros, country hard. Not trying to justify gambling or any of that, but I feel betting is better than theft. Without enough jobs and enabling business environment, I feel it helps to keep our youth occupied in the meantime. Assuming one plays responsibly, of course.

About the client, no, I don't intend on telling stories. In fact, I've been trying to make back the money from them. So far, I've made about 100k. Only difference is that I now bet more responsibly.

Thanks for your insight.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by 6ixT8: 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2020
Femeto:
Simple stake on Ciro Immobile to score would have saved you this stress

lol. you think say if Na you hold that money you go get the gut to stake on Ciro? grin

3 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by haryorbarmie83(m): 3:10pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kindly drop your aza.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by jacoik(m): 3:10pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

You sound angry. Please learn not to allow your anger control you.

See attached a screenshot of the transfers to the betting account.

That someone else lied doesn't mean we're all liars. Watch how you address people pls.
you wouldn't have reply that fool. he thinks it's everybody that lie like him

3 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by 6ixT8: 3:10pm On Jul 30, 2020
Sleekmilan01:

What are u saying??

Has UK or USA outlawed sport betting??...it was strictly stated bet responsibly,just like those selling alcohol will tell u drink responsibly...if u campaign for sport betting to be scrapped,then drinking alcohol and so many other things should be scrapped

which US are you referring too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Crowd Storm Loom Headquarters In Lagos To Demand For Their Money / 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out / Lazerpay Shuts Down, Withdraw Your Funds Before April 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.