Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities (8187 Views)

The First Vice Chancellors Of UNILAG And Uni Of Ibadan Were Igbos / Vice Chancellors To Buhari, 'single Account Will Disrupt University System' / Jonathanians, Can We See The Pictures Of The So-called 9 Brand New Universities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by Fidelo726: 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2011
It is a thousand times easier to Cristicise than to criticise.
The president as clueless as you think can never satisfy the yearning of everyone.
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by MaJBlige(f): 4:17pm On Feb 10, 2011
sirabbey:

Nine universities at a go!!! That is just the height of desperation and politics of chop I  chop. Before this sham, there is at least a university in every state in Nigeria (forget whether they are state owned or federal) What GEJ is expected to do is to inject this massive money in the existing universities to shore up their man-power and infrastructure, instead he decide to divert the money to the bush(with this white elephant project) just like a Dr. of Zoology he is. It is vey sad that GEJ is playing politics with our educational system under this disguise.

Even when he pumped money into the power sector, you and your cohorts shouted he should divert the money into other sources, and even now you are all complaining the money spent in the power sector is not yielding result.

So, no matter where he puts the money, you will all open your mouth wide and blame him.

Te hehehe.
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by jason123: 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

Even when he pumped money into the power sector, you and your cohorts shouted he should divert the money into other sources, and even now you are all complaining the money spent in the power sector is not yielding result.

So, no matter where he puts the money, you will all open your mouth wide and blame him.

Te hehehe.

What about our already existing universities? Have they been maintained?
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by Afam4eva(m): 4:21pm On Feb 10, 2011
I think the universities were built to give opportunity to people who are usually unable to gain admission to various universties. At least now they can join their folks to enjoy the half baked education that Nigeria educational system offers.
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by jason123: 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2011
afam4eva:

I think the universities were built to give opportunity to people who are usually unable to gain admission to various universties. At least now they can join their folks to enjoy the half baked education that Nigeria educational system offers.

Do you not think 2 GOOD universities that churn out employable graduates every year is better than 20 universities who churns out mediocratic degrees?
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by cyril10(m): 4:57pm On Feb 10, 2011
People here are just like to type for fun, all i have been reading concerning the new universities by those that have seem to lost touch with reality are here insulting GEJ for trying to establish universities for the good of millions of youths trying to gain admission into universities which are still very few. Let's try to be realistic here.
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by MaJBlige(f): 5:05pm On Feb 10, 2011
jason123:

Do you not think 2 GOOD universities that churn out employable graduates every year is better than 20 universities who churns out mediocratic degrees?

I am sure you are one of the mediocratic folks. LOL.
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:11pm On Feb 10, 2011
ayubam:

I know you cannot read between the line. I will not argue with you. You are only talking based on your limited knowledge. If anyone ask questions, he is criticizing. Na wa for you o. Read my other posts and answer the question: What strategic importance is the creation?
i agree (prof.jega)
but don't worry,i wouldn't report you to G E J
stop sweating like valentine goat       undecided grin
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by jason123: 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

I am sure you are one of the mediocratic folks. LOL.

LOL
Stop the insults and be serious. Which do you think is better?
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by MaJBlige(f): 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2011
^^^^

Its better to have accessible education at all levels in Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by Katsumoto: 5:28pm On Feb 10, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

^^^^

So basically you are saying thats its better to have a car that can't have wheels.

Establishing new universities when there is a rot in the existing universities is a daft idea. Administrators should be working at restoring our universities to their former glory. Why have half-baked graduates who will increase the supply of labour when there is no corresponding demand for such labour. Employers are getting increasingly frustrated at the quality of graduates being churned out of Nigerian universities.
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by Ijebu2003(m): 5:40pm On Feb 10, 2011
A new Naija online totally free classified ad website SCEDconnect http://www.scedconnect.com  for communities is now online, will it service the  students to post needed items or exchanges like accommodation and books? http://www.scedconnect.com/index.php?region=region3  suggestions pls,

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_joomlistings&c=ad&task=view&adid=372&Itemid=552

http://2.bp..com/_5vf-ccHjit4/TUcMLENAspI/AAAAAAAAAc8/I3e6KAPJVV4/s1600/CommunityAd%2BFlyer_001.png
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by MaJBlige(f): 5:42pm On Feb 10, 2011
Katsumoto:

So basically you are saying thats its better to have a car that can't have wheels.

Establishing new universities when there is a rot in the existing universities is a daft idea. Administrators should be working at restoring our universities to their former glory. Why have half-baked graduates who will increase the supply of labour when there is no corresponding demand for such labour. Employers are getting increasingly frustrated at the quality of graduates being churned out of Nigerian universities.

You should be the next Naija President IMHO.
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by ayubam: 5:57pm On Feb 10, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

^^^^

Johnpaul2k2:

i agree (prof.jega)
but don't worry,i wouldn't report you to G E J
stop sweating like valentine goat       undecided grin
cyril10:

People here are just like to type for fun, all i have been reading concerning the new universities by those that have seem to lost touch with reality are here insulting GEJ for trying to establish universities for the good of millions of youths trying to gain admission into universities which are still very few. Let's try to be realistic here.
Fidelo726:

It is a thousand times easier to Cristicise than to criticise.
The president as clueless as you think can never satisfy the yearning of everyone.

The problem with you guys is that you have closed your eyes to realities in your blind support for a man but for good luck, could not even win a contest in UniPort. Keep groping in darkness and yet you cannot answer a simple question: THE STRATEGIC IMPORTANCE OF THE CREATION OF THOSE UNIVERSITIES. I now know the reason why Nigeria remains as it is today. Even the youth sees nothing bad in the rot in the system. They enjoyed the status quo. Many of them have benefited from the corrupt educational systems and yet could not imagine how what the president is doing can be wrong. All they know now is EPL and facebook and would rather engaged their minds on information on nation building. If I see anything wrong in a President's decision, then I am a critic, shei?

Fashola throughout his first administration scrapped the position of the commissioner for education and left educational sector in the purview of the deputy Sarah Sosan and we can all see the development of basic primary education.

Be sincere, how many of you who are graduates of existing universities really felt what you had was a good education. How many of your curriculum has been updated to reflect the current market need. We still have universities teaching Computer Science students Fortran, Pascal, Cobol and very outdated codes and they come out becoming irrelevant to the society. Many have to register in NIIT and APTECH to do courses relevant to the industry. What are the qualities of our undergraduate projects? Can u compare them to colleges and universities even in Malaysia? And you guys are here applauding a Zoologist who in his days in the University of POrthacourt all together from first degree till PHD can not boast of the school having a modern electron microscope for research and you think building universities is a good thing to do?

I am still waiting for u guys, THE STRATEGIC IMPORTANCE OF THIS CREATION. Listen guys, you do not need to go to university to become someone in life. Many of the Chief Engrg in most Lebanese and Indian company in Nigeria are technicians and the half baked graduates  reports to them. If you guys speak like this, we as well all forget THE NEW NIGERIA PROJECT because it can never come with this generation of lazy youths that will not engage their mind in serious discussion other than the same old practise of supporting mediocrity all in the name of being politically correct. I wonder how many of you would have supported GEJ if he is not a PDP member today- a president without any single notable achievement other than luck. LET'S SEE WHETHER IT IS LUCK THAT WILL BUILD A STRONG NATION.
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by 10cirenoh: 6:09pm On Feb 10, 2011
Why should we have new universities when we can't even upgrade the existing ones? is having more universities the problem or maintain and raising the standard of the existing ones?

GEJ, is brain that expensive?
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by Whiteguru: 6:50pm On Feb 10, 2011
Jonathan, jonathan! Jonathan!!! Evn afta d uproar that greetd this university creation last yr, u still went ahead to appoint Vcs n registrars who will begin to earn slaries for administering not evn one single student. What an insensitive M.r, n!!!! And i can bet ds universities wont tak off in at least two yrs!!!
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by Whiteguru: 6:58pm On Feb 10, 2011
i wonder why a sitting president is rushing to make apointments here n there barely 3 monts to an election he is not sure of wining ( or is he sure?). it was bianca, a forthnyte ago, den jsutice salami's unecessary promotion, den d chairman of icpc, tuday vcs n registrar, wonder who will apoint by d break of dawn, a new maigaud!!!?
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by Whiteguru: 7:03pm On Feb 10, 2011
i wonder why a sitting president is rushing to make apointments here n there barely 3 monts to an election he is not sure of wining ( or is he sure?).  it was bianca, a forthnyte ago, den jsutice salami's unecessary promotion, den d chairman of icpc, tuday vcs n registrar, wonder who will apoint by d break of dawn, a new maigaud!!!?
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 10, 2011
Please stop all this derogatory statements!!!! Going through this thread, it is obvious that most Nigerians are illiterates. Hence, the need for desperate investment in education. No amount invested in education will be too much in the long run. Education is the foundation of any durable national development. For instance, educational development among the Almajiris of northern Nigeria will trigger a creative revolution in the region. For goodness sake, this govt is doing something very reasonable for the very 1st time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by MaJBlige(f): 8:12pm On Feb 10, 2011
holly moses
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by ayubam: 8:42pm On Feb 10, 2011
shuo
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by MaJBlige(f): 8:55pm On Feb 10, 2011
shuo?
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by ayubam: 9:14pm On Feb 10, 2011
ok
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by MaJBlige(f): 9:20pm On Feb 10, 2011
Look. You got me mad but I am going to delete the post above.
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by Genbuhari3: 9:27pm On Feb 10, 2011
M_J_Blige

First class graduate you are! grin

You? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your mind, as displayed severally in your write-ups, has always given me the impression you are as clueless as GEJ with his PHD.

gOSH!
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by MaJBlige(f): 9:29pm On Feb 10, 2011
^^^^

Only fools doubt what they know nothing about.

You are obviously one.

LOL. Silly goat.
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by ayubam: 9:29pm On Feb 10, 2011
@ Mary J Blige

I am sorry about that really. I am. I don't expect you to agree with all I said but always want superior argument and issue discussion. Look at it as a Product of UK school, is what we are learning here really education. That is what I am driving at. I am not arguing to make a point. Just thought of enlightening youths to think the right away.

I am sorry like I said. We shouldnt be fighting ourselves. xxxxx
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by MaJBlige(f): 9:31pm On Feb 10, 2011
^^^^

I have deleted the posts
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by Becomrichn: 9:34pm On Feb 10, 2011
f
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by ayubam: 9:38pm On Feb 10, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

^^^^

I have deleted the posts

Have done likewise
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by Pharoh: 9:38pm On Feb 10, 2011
^^^

Thank God it was settled in a matured way . . . . . now back to the topic and questions at hand.

It is highly necessarily to build more higher institutions in the case of Nigeria because the present capacity is not adequate enough. The strategic importance should be pushed forward for now and fixing the education system the way we wished is not going to be an easy task.
Re: Jonathan Appionts Vice Chancellors For New Universities by ayubam: 9:47pm On Feb 10, 2011
Pharoh:

^^^

Thank God it was settled in a matured way . . . . . now back to the topic and questions at hand.

It is highly necessarily to build more higher institutions in the case of Nigeria because the present capacity is not adequate enough. The strategic importance should be pushed forward for now and fixing the education system the way we wished is not going to be an easy task.

That is the way my brother. There is no point. Well if you guys feel it is a good way to go, good. But I differ in such thinking. University Education is meant to be strategic. In India, the govt developed there technical schools and focus on IT and software development, Japan did similar things back home. China did the same. They sent their best brains to USA and UK to learn what work and they return home to transfer ideas. The issue is most of the work place really do not need graduates. It is poor standard of education that made them insist a graduate yet they have to be trained and retrained. Developing basic education is not as expensive as University and it will do us better advantage. Nigerian leaders love to be seen to be doing something but we really waste a lot of money on things that wont help us in anyway. That is my argument

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet The Next Efcc Chairman: Buhari Is Child's Play Compared To This Man / Ebubeagu: A Missed Opportunity By South-east Governors - Chike Udensi / Abia Government Warns Politicians Against Using Abia Poly For Political Gains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.