Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,900 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above (7121 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Women Hate Mixed-race/asian Women Who Marry Nigerian Men? / Mixed Race Couples Are So Damn Beautiful / Black Men Who Like Mixed Race Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by SALady(f): 11:51am On Feb 10, 2011
Isnt it interesting how we see so many of then when they are still young, but then you hardly see the aged one's. Where are they? Post pictures in here if you know of any.

40ties is still young so please dont post that age.
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by eddy1977(m): 12:08pm On Feb 10, 2011
Think 50 years back in the usa and  most western nations.was it easy to see an interracial couple?
in most states,it was illegal.
wanna see old interracial couples?
then stick around for the next 30 years and you will see.

by the way,there are mixed couples that old
but mainly latino-white,asian-white.
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by SALady(f): 4:11pm On Feb 10, 2011
^^^I have no doubt that there must have been relationships that must have survived prejudice. Again there must have been those that insisted on it to a point of getting married in foreign countries. Think Tiger Woods parents, (the mom is asian, we know but that's besides the point) he was born in 1976 or 1975 if I am not mistaken. His parents are quite old.

They may be a drop in the ocean but hey its the evidence we need to show that these relatioships do actually grow old. I am going to have to use people we may commonly know so you and I can be on the same page, lets think about Hale Barry and Obama.

Yeah! Obama for an example born to enlightened parents and was brought up by a civilized white family who allowed him to carry his native surname. Parents, together for a hot and short while.

Fifty year old's today must have been born in the very late 50ties and very early 60ties.

Here's an interesting part, the 60ties was the age of the hippies, (does that say somethign to you?). These people must have been in the breeding age as early as the mid 70ties and 80ties if they started early.

I am convinced they must exist somewhere but how come they are unseen. Could it be that the relationships/marriages never survived for whatever reason other than prejudice.

An example in SA is Mara Louw and her white husband, they've been together since the 80ties he is foreign and I am sure the segregation meant nothing to him, guess what the pair decided to call it a day now in their 50ties.

They never age together or do they? that is the question.

If we wait another thirty years then what are we saying? are we then admiting that al these people born of mixed race couples come from broken homes? Nooo!

Soooo pictures please!
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by eddy1977(m): 6:13pm On Feb 10, 2011
The obama case is very interesting.remember his mom was 21 when she met obama sr. they lived in hawaii,not in mainland white usa.his father was a male LovePeddler who for lack of character died in car accident under intoxication.he left a trail of women and babies behind him.the mother herself was a typical white trash (forgive the french here),we know that she jumped into several other marriages with men of all ethnicities.obama in a speech during his campaign said that his grandmother had a chip on her shoulder for other races.why did they raise him up? blood is thicker than water.grand children always foster a bridge between generations.
obama was raised like a white kid.its when he was in college that he dropped his alias to reconnect with his roots.before then he was always known as barry.
remember,his father was not an african american,he didnt care about the troubles of this nation.
in the early eigthies,some african americans crossed the line and tied the knotts with their white fiancees.the case of james earl jones and so forth.
to be continued,
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by eddy1977(m): 9:14pm On Feb 10, 2011
a look back in the fifties,sixties and seventies shows us a different america and pretty much a different kind of relationship between races.
we are talking about the clim.ax of white supremacy,the kkk,the riots in many urban areas,the black panthers,the assassinations of civil right activits and so forth.

its not to say that blacks and whites didnt f@ck secretly.but showing up in courthouse to be married was a taboo.
you talked about some folks travelling outside to get married.but you know yourself how closed minded most african americans are.( forgive my spanish).how many african americans travel overseas?

i remember that the first botswana president was married to a white woman,and they stayed together until his death.
just to say that even though blacks and whites f@cked and got babies,they never did it publicly like with the blessing of their families,churches or even states.

now adays,there is a big bang of interracial marriages.just look at holywood,almost half of the black actors are married to white females.the same fragrance can be sniffed around athletes also.
think of cuba gooding jr,terrence howard,tae diggs,whoopi goldberd,thierry henry,patrick evra,maya angelou,anelka,etc,

thats why i said stick around if you wanna see interracial couples who have been together for fifty plus years.
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by SALady(f): 7:32am On Feb 11, 2011
eddy1977:

think of cuba gooding jr,terrence howard,tae diggs,whoopi goldberd,thierry henry,patrick evra,maya angelou,anelka,etc,

thats why i said stick around if you wanna see interracial couples who have been together for fifty plus years.

Wow, I cant help but pick up a trend here. Its mainly black men with white women. I also cant help but notice that the quickest examples we can showcase is men with money or influential in some way or the other. What of ordinary folk, how come we cant count them on this list? and yes where are those white men who went for the exotic black females, who after a baby or two her backside started swelling and knowing that there was nothing they could do about it (since its natural), they just wanted to remain together anyway. hmmmm!

Lets see what happens in the next 30, no 20 years.
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by iice(f): 8:31am On Feb 11, 2011
Don't have pictures but i know some.

Usually it's the men who marry other races.  They are more flexible than the women who tend to only stick to their race.
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by eddy1977(m): 10:38am On Feb 11, 2011
Its easy to know of mixed couples who are in the spotlight.
thats why we know about them in hollywood,nba,nfl,premier league etc,
there are certainly tons more out there,but how will we know of them if they are anonymous?

did you know that more than half of black soccer players in europe are married to white ladies?

i have come to see that most whites who cross the line and marry black women are generaly europeans. but to find an american,canadian married to a black woman,its pretty rare,or should i say the ratio is mind boggling.
i am tempted to believe that white  americans feel ashamed to be married to a black woman,whereas most black men feel superior when they tie the knotts with white ladies.

i know there are exceptions like robert deniro and others.

also,there is always a mystical attraction between white females and black males.they always seem to desire each other more.
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by eddy1977(m): 10:44am On Feb 11, 2011
But mind you me,blacks and whites have always been f4cking.
look the coloureds in south africa,namibia and zimbabwe.
even during slavery,whites and blacks used to f@ck in the closet.

i for one,am guilty of this "behind the closet" deal.

try it too,you will like it,
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by iice(f): 1:54pm On Feb 11, 2011
eddy1977:

i have come to see that most whites who cross the line and marry black women are generaly europeans. but to find an american,canadian married to a black woman,its pretty rare,or should i say the ratio is mind boggling.

True True True!

eddy1977:

i am tempted to believe that white americans feel ashamed to be married to a black woman,whereas most black men feel superior when they tie the knotts with white ladies.

You could be right.
I'm more generous. . .i like to think they don't vibe/understand us like Europeans do.
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by SAGoddess: 2:28pm On Feb 11, 2011
Lady,

My mom and step dad had to marry in another country (Lesotho) because SA would not allow such "immorality" under the Immorality Act. . . . . .this was back in the 80's. . . . but things have changed dramatically since then. . . for the better I might add.
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 11, 2011
i am tempted to believe that white americans feel ashamed to be married to a black woman,whereas most black men feel superior when they tie the knotts with white ladies.

you may be right.

also,there is always a mystical attraction between white females and black males.they always seem to desire each other more.

really?

though with the huge number of romantic love scams involving the named parties, it's quite possible.
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by chic2pimp(m): 6:33pm On Feb 11, 2011
eddy1977:

did you know that more than half of black soccer players in europe are married to white ladies?.
I find that hard to believe. Most of the Black Football players in europe are Africans and are married to African Women. However if you were specifically refering to England then that's another Issue altogether. Also take into account that many of these English Players are Mixed Raced themselves and they could have quite easily swung in the other direction.
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by Kutey: 7:17pm On Feb 11, 2011
eddy1977

"But mind you me,blacks and whites have always been f4cking.
look the coloureds in south africa,namibia and zimbabwe.
even during slavery,whites and blacks used to f@ck in the closet."

This statement is pretty ignorant as most of the black women were raped, the same applied for African American women that were kept as slaves it wasn't a choice.

Why should a black man feel superior because he is dating a white woman as if it's some sort of achievement?

As for black british they are basically breeding themselves out of existence,
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by eddy1977(m): 7:41pm On Feb 11, 2011
chic2pimp:

I find that hard to believe. Most of the Black Football players in europe are Africans and are married to African Women. However if you were specifically refering to England then that's another Issue altogether. Also take into account that many of these English Players are Mixed Raced themselves and they could have quite easily swung in the other direction.

i would agree with you if you said: Most black footballers in Europe are of AFRICAN DESCENT. but not necessarily born/bred in africa and signed to contracts in Europe. of course we are talking of big clubs here.
but,have you actually noticed that there are many carraibeans in the mix? inventory france and england,you will see what i am saying.most of those black athletes you see on the field are from guadeloupe,martinique,the virgin islands,trinad&tabago etc,  and you think also of those french speaking african footballers from senegal,ivory coast,congo,mali etc,  were actually born in europe or raised in europe.now check out their spouses and get the surprise.

there are exceptions;for instance our african born and bred soccer players in europe are likely to stick around our sisters. the case of Drogba (even though he grew up in europe) or makelele with the light skinned girl (Noemie lenoir),samuel etoo etc, but the rest are on the other side of the line. I have watched debates in france about this issue,and how many black sisters complain about it.

not to talk of here in the usa.surprisingly,the numbers are higher than i tough.
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 11, 2011
As for black british they are basically breeding themselves out of existence

how so?
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by eddy1977(m): 7:54pm On Feb 11, 2011
This statement is pretty ignorant as most of the black women were violated, the same applied for African American women that were kept as slaves it wasn't a choice.
Why should a black man feel superior because he is dating a white woman as if it's some sort of achievement? As for black british they are basically breeding themselves out of that was interracial.

i agree with you on the subject of violations perpetrated by slave owners to black females.but remember that the original poster was asking about interracial couples that have been together for 50 years or better.in my replies,i stretched the fact that 50 years ago,racial supremacy and the judicial system (USA) had made it impossible for such a union to be legal. even africa,50 years ago,most of the subsaharan region was colonized.which white magistrate would have legally married an african man to a white woman,or vice versa?
when i talked about biracial people of southern africa, my line of thought was to point out the fact that there has always been sexual activities between races.
finally,i ellaborated on how the 80s have introduced a new chapter in this matter.thats why we have couples like sydney poitier,james earl jones,montel williams,robert deniro,namie campbell, and the list goes on,

you said my statement was ignorant. well;thank you. may be i should hang around here more often;that way intelligent people like you can bail me out of my ignorance.
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by Kutey: 7:58pm On Feb 11, 2011
The vast majority of black British born men are married or dating white.

Nearly every black footballer is married or dating exclusively white girls.

So as Mr Cameron and Mr Clegg have decided to close the borders there will be fewer and fewer Africans coming in, u do the maths

(Also their kids, i still have yet to see a mixed race British guy go out with a black girl they tend to go for white girls)
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by eddy1977(m): 8:30pm On Feb 11, 2011
@ kutey

when i said that most blacks feel superior when they marry white ladies;its just my opinion; but i know that this culture ( USA),has made it so hard for blacks to pursue higher education and position themselves in the same as as the elites who rule this nation.
we all know that most blacks here are very likely to go to jail than to get a GED.(high school diploma).now,we ahve a situation where the few who emerge and are in the spotlight,find themselves surrounded by white managers,white lawyers,white advisors;and when they travel first class,they dont see black women.they only meet white ladies.even in those high end hotels,they only meet white chicks.and believe me,those white women know how to tame a brother.

flip the coin.even if white males wanted to get closer to black females.where would they meet? where would they live? ok;there is still an option: common interest. which means,when a sister goes to harvard,she is likely to be approached by a white guy for marriage.then,would the parents after spending millions,allow their son to marry a black girl?
then we come to religion and online dating.this is where you are likely to see that kind of relationship.

here in the usa, there are some black girls who cross the line.but,check them out. the majority is some african girl without papers,hooking up with some white guy from looserville who has been divorced three times,has no credit,may lost a couple teeth in a brwal. and they met at a bar

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by Kutey: 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2011
I haven't lived in the States but I was brought up in Europe. Here in the UK it's not hard to pursue higher education for black or any British. They practically beg you to study and till the last government you were paid to continue school after 16. Still in most professional environments you do not meet many blacks. What's the excuse? The number of black people jailed in England and Wales is seven times larger than the amount they make up of the population. I think we need to start taking some responsibility here and anyway what about Indians, Japanese, Chinese, Arabs how many do you meet that as soon as they are successful get married in a majority to white or that slate and insult their own women saying they prefer or will only date white?
It's on this forum I read a comment made by a Nigerian guy that now lives in the States saying that he does not even look at black girls and that no one likes you Negro women? Imagine me reading that, I nearly could not believe it. After centuries of racism from whites and everyone else now even between ourselves? I have no problem with love, you do not choose who you fall for but to actually dismiss your own race, all the centuries of women that brought you to life?
And the thing is when these black men have kids they will be black (Oooo, oh sorry? you thought they will be white?) are you going to tell them to be proud of who they are especially your daughters (that's if the black man will stick around for the kids anyway as we know the stereotype)

I can't disagree with you. I have been to Chinawhite which is where the footballers hang out in London and the white girls there were shameless, practically naked (for the first time in my life I saw fake boobs, lips) and doing everything possible to get attention (I was actually sure most guys there were not footballers but just dressed well to get some nookie grin), but you have to give it to them for trying,

I work in a very white male environment and I can assure you they do find black women very very attractive but are absolutely convinced we do not date outside our race (and even if we do there is family drama down the line) also we are always portrayed as aggressive, loud and our music and videos do not help (bitches, baby-mamas, rude) and the whites girls are pretty, cute and sweet.

The reality is relationships between black men and white women have a much higher rate of divorce than average and the one between white men and black women a much lower rate than average.

It's not me saying this, google interracial relationships and go to wikipedia
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by chic2pimp(m): 11:55am On Feb 12, 2011
Kutey:

The vast majority of black British born men are married or dating white.
Wrong. 50%(the last time I checked 50% was not a majority) of Black British Born Carribean Men were dating Interracially and 30% of Black British Born Carribean Women were also dating Interracially. So it's not only the men that are contributing to what you call "Breathing out of existence".
Kutey:

Nearly every black footballer is married or dating exclusively white girls.
Another wild assumption. Not every Black Footballer, it's the British and French Ones that are dating whites. Also take into consideration that quite a number of these British Footballers are mixed raced themselves. A good example of this can be found in the Nigerian National Team. Peter Odemiwinge who is mixed race himself is engaged to a white woman.
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by chic2pimp(m): 12:04pm On Feb 12, 2011
Kutey:

It's on this forum I read a comment made by a Nigerian guy that now lives in the States saying that he does not even look at black girls and that no one likes you Negro women? Imagine me reading that, I nearly could not believe it. After centuries of racism from whites and everyone else now even between ourselves? I have no problem with love, you do not choose who you fall for but to actually dismiss your own race, all the centuries of women that brought you to life?
be proud of who they are especially your daughters (that's if the black man will stick around for the kids anyway as we know the stereotype)
That attitude is quite common here in the Uk. I have seen(not heard) Black Men and Women alike who wouldn't even take a second look at you because you happen to be black. So it's not only a Male thing.
Kutey:

I can't disagree with you. I have been to Chinawhite which is where the footballers hang out in London and the white girls there were shameless, practically unclothed (for the first time in my life I saw fake bosoms, lips) and doing everything possible to get attention (I was actually sure most guys there were not footballers but just dressed well to get some nookie grin), but you have to give it to them for trying,
I have a friend who works as a bouncer in a number of these clubs footballers go to relax and I can categorically tell you that it's not the only the whites girls that frequent those clubs, black girls are also there in numbers.
Kutey:

I haven't lived in the States but I was brought up in Europe. Here in the UK it's not hard to pursue higher education for black or any British. They practically beg you to study and till the last government you were paid to continue school after 16. Still in most professional environments you do not meet many blacks. What's the excuse? The number of black people jailed in England and Wales is seven times larger than the amount they make up of the population. I think we need to start taking some responsibility here and anyway what about Indians, Japanese, Chinese, Arabs how many do you meet that as soon as they are successful get married in a majority to white or that slate and insult their own women saying they prefer or will only date white?
And the thing is when these black men have kids they will be black (Oooo, oh sorry? you thought they will be white?) are you going to tell them to be proud of who they are especially your daughters (that's if the black man will stick around for the kids anyway as we know the stereotype)

I can't disagree with you. I have been to Chinawhite which is where the footballers hang out in London and the white girls there were shameless, practically unclothed (for the first time in my life I saw fake bosoms, lips) and doing everything possible to get attention (I was actually sure most guys there were not footballers but just dressed well to get some nookie grin), but you have to give it to them for trying,

I work in a very white male environment and I can assure you they do find black women very very attractive but are absolutely convinced we do not date outside our race (and even if we do there is family drama down the line) also we are always portrayed as aggressive, loud and our music and videos do not help (bitches, baby-mamas, rude) and the whites girls are pretty, cute and sweet.

The reality is relationships between black men and white women have a much higher rate of divorce than average and the one between white men and black women a much lower rate than average.

It's not me saying this, google interracial relationships and go to wikipedia
The thing is that it's not only a Black Uk Men Celeb thing, quite a number of the Uk Female Black Celeb are dating Interracialy. I think It's more of a U.K thing, once you get Famous, you start dating white. Or may be they are left with no other choice than to date white because their select pool amongst the black race is limited.
Re: Pictures Of Old Mixed Race Couples Age 50 And Above by chic2pimp(m): 1:21pm On Feb 12, 2011
eddy1977:

i would agree with you if you said: Most black footballers in Europe are of AFRICAN DESCENT. but not necessarily born/bred in africa and signed to contracts in Europe. of course we are talking of big clubs here.
but,have you actually noticed that there are many carraibeans in the mix? inventory france and england,you will see what i am saying.most of those black athletes you see on the field are from guadeloupe,martinique,the virgin islands,trinad&tabago etc, and you think also of those french speaking african footballers from senegal,ivory coast,congo,mali etc, were actually born in europe or raised in europe.now check out their spouses and get the surprise.

there are exceptions;for instance our african born and bred soccer players in europe are likely to stick around our sisters. the case of Drogba (even though he grew up in europe) or makelele with the light skinned girl (Noemie lenoir),samuel etoo etc, but the rest are on the other side of the line. I have watched debates in france about this issue,and how many black sisters complain about it.

not to talk of here in the usa.surprisingly,the numbers are higher than i tough.
The vast majority of Black footballers in Europe are from Africa not of African Descent. I think you must have had Europe confused with England because it's only in England that you'll a huge Black Carribean representation in Football. Anywhere else it's mostly Africans. Black Footballers playing in Ligue One(France Top League) are motly Africans and even in England, the Black Africans are catching up with their carribean counterparts.

(1) (Reply)

7 Sexy Things You Can Do To Drive Your Man Wild In Bed / Girls, How Do You Make A Guy Know You Like Him / Guys, What's Your Take On Ladies With Low-cut Hair Style?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.