Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them (15709 Views)

Concern In Gombe Over Scarcity Of Husbands For Single Women / Nigerian Ladies Are Approaching Menopause & No Men To Marry Them - Owerri Lady / Single Women Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Suitors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2020
vikithor:
Get a skill,add value to your self learn how to drive better than you thought, heard or were shown in few weeks time.Learn how to drive manual or automatic car, also to learn basic vehicle checks.
You will to drive like a civilized person not like danfo or molue drivers of Lagos roads.
Surulere n ko?
Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2020
simplepee:
Very funny. I know Nl guys will have full erection over this post.
Erection of Duplex or Mansion??
Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by UDUJ(m): 12:52pm On Aug 01, 2020
bossvinqualad25:
i av no business with an idiot like ,so Bleep off

Dumb fvck cheesy, with your miserable dry cleaning services grin
Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by reservd(m): 12:54pm On Aug 01, 2020
The serious guys are scared because of their financial status mostly caused by unemployment. By the time they find something reasonable doing in their 30s, they go for early to mid twenties ladies leaving their age mates or those close to their ages. The wise young ladies grabs this opportunity and marry while some others will say they are still young, wanna complete school, wanna make their own money or build their career etc. By 30 these ladies haven't achieved what they set for themselves but will now want to marry but how many guys wanna marry 30+ lady? This same set of ladies will cry men are scarce after using their hands to throw opportunity away. This is just a factor though, others are wayward lifestyle, brideprice, attitude, education etc

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Figger(m): 1:16pm On Aug 01, 2020
some of these ladies are not wife materials to start with. character flaws, most men with foursight get to discharge them the moment their true color is revealed.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by WizzyVine: 1:35pm On Aug 01, 2020
taskcompleteng:
Research has revealed that some single women are now complaining due to over scarcity of suitors in the country. It is the desire of most ladies to get hooked to a man at certain age brackets for support, procreation and affection. But all around today, we have many single ladies with no suitors. There are many single ladies and as well as bachelors who would want to get married, but the fear of uncertainty of the future of the union have really prevented many from doing so owing to unpredicatable economic situation.

Reports showed that there were enough women and men who really wanted to get married but it appeared both sides do not want to gamble into it to avoid devastating consequences and regrets in the future. One of the ladies, who preferred to be simply called Titi said she had taken the issue of marriage as a do-or-die affair due to “internal pressure” but that as much as she had tried, frustration had often been the result. At 37, the businesswoman who sells clothes in Ikeja, the Lagos State capital in western Nigeria, disclosed that she is not finding life easy.

“What is happiness without a man in a woman’s life?”she asked our correspondent during a chat. She had dated several men with some promising marriage, but without fulfilling the promise.

“You can’t imagine that in the last three years, I have dated about eight men, but the relationship was often short-lived simply because I ask for their commitment.I am not getting any younger and I cry every time I see my mates with their husbands and children.If at 37 I don’t have a child or a permanent man, when would I have them? Is it when my skin has wrinkled? she asked our correspondent

Miss Karia Anumba, 41, lamented that she had lived and changed many cities in Nigeria looking for suitors but those she met were afraid because they were not sure of the future of the marriage. She revealed that she tried to convince and persuade the men she had contact with to make the move and even assured them that she would manage no matter the condition, but regretted that none of them agreed to marry her. Anumba said she quickly relocated to Lagos from Abuja when she realized that she was gradually turning into prostitute because of the drive for marriage.

She explained that since she came to Lagos, she had engaged herself with a work and was still searching for interested men but yet to get one. She narrated that some men who were above 40 years still roamed about and do not want to get married; attributing it to fear and economic condition as most of them were jobless.

Bose (surname withheld), 37, has found herself patronising many of the social interaction sites on the internet.The banker told our correspondent that she is on Eskimi, 2go, Badoo, Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter as well as 4clique and Instagram just to look for life partner.

“We can’t tell the particular broom in the bunch that kills a fly,” she said on why she patronises such number of social interaction sites. “I always change my name in the different sites but the ultimate goal is to get a husband,” she added. Bose reveals that she is really worried about the situation, adding that she lives comfortably (in a mini-flat and has a car), “but who do I have to enjoy this comfort with me?

“I have tried a hook up programme on a Lagos-based radio station, but my age is now a major factor hindering my dream of being married,” she lamented pleading with our married correspondent, who she considered a bachelor, to “help dry my tears.”

A married woman, who gave her name as Mrs. Blessing Aguebor and resident in Oshodi, confirmed that the issue of lack of serious men for marriage is giving many ladies sleepless nights. She narrated the touching story of her friend who was disappointed by her boyfriend of five years when it was time to “settle down”.

“My friend was 29 when he met this man in Benin and they dated for five years. The man was always giving the lady hope without her knowing the man had other plans. The year he fixed for their marriage was the year he travelled abroad without even informing my friend. It was later he called her and asked her to find another man because he still had many more years to hustle. My friend almost went mad. She is 36 now without a man. I had to convince her to relocate to Lagos so that possibly out of the population here, she would find someone. It is pathetic,” she said.

A 38-year old business woman in Ketu, narrated how she lost her first husband to a friend, Idayat, who was desperate for a husband. According to Mrs. Adewunmi who remarried last year, Idayat was 36 and needed a husband but her search was endless.

“I was always encouraging her and made her a part of my family. She would always help me take care of the kids when I go to the market. With time, she took over my husband without my knowledge until the day I caught them red-handed and that was the end of my marriage. Ladies are like hunters these days,” she said.

Asked why she was not married at 34, Blessing, a nurse with a private hospital in Abuja, retorted: “that is why I’m on this social site. Why are you asking? Is it a bad idea if you propose to me?”

She explained that life was becoming unbearable without a husband.

“My friends and family members are aways asking when they would come and ‘chop’ rice, and I keep hoping,” she added.

A marriage counsellor in Lagos, Mrs. Victoria Aliu, told P.M.NEWS that scarcity of ‘real men’ is becoming a terrible condition for women ready for marriage. She blamed the problem partly on the Nigerian economy, confusion among the bachelors on their choices of the women they want as wives and the attitudes of the spinsters.

“Many women, whether consciously or not, behave irritably sometimes, forgetting that the man just beside them at every point in time may just have been nursing how to start a conversation that could lead to marriage. Some other ladies are very choosy and unserious at their early stages of adulthood. They only open their eyes to discover that their friends are all married and that they are the only ones left at the bus stop. Then it becomes a terrible case for them,” she explained.

With the above examples, do you sincerely think that there is scarcity of men for ladied in Nigeria?…..kindly share your opinion with us below
"In that day seven women will take hold of one man and say, “We will eat our own food and provide our own clothes; only let us be called by your name. Take away our disgrace!” Isaiah 4:1.

We live in the days of the fulfilment of Bible prophecies.

Even the rebellion of this present generation has been foretold. They say,

'Christianity is a scam. Jesus Christ my foot. There is no God..."

They're unknowingly fulfilling Bible Prophecies for the last days.

The clock is ticking fast.

"The end shall come at the time appointed," and many shall be caught unawares.

They're busy practicing religion.

Religion does not save. There are many worshippers in hell.

Christianity does not save. There are many Christians in hell.

Islam does not save. There are many Muslims in hell.

Pastors don't save, there are many pastors in hell.

Imams don't save, there are many Imams in hell.

No religion saves.

Only the Messaih saves. Messaih means, 'the One anointed to save.'

The Quran calls Him the Messaih. Quran 3:45.

The Bible calls Him the Messaih. Mark 1:1.

Jesus is the Messaih (Called 'Christ' in Greek).

Only Jesus saves.

"Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. " Jude Verse 15.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by oluwaleinad(m): 1:41pm On Aug 01, 2020
:PThis post dey give me joy as a young man that's not planning of marriage or having a wife,Y'all can stick to your Love Machine and cucumber....KiKikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikikiki

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by ruggedtimi(m): 1:59pm On Aug 01, 2020
gungab:
Common Meenh!

Men no scarce , na ladies dey find CBN director to marry
you don talk am finish...
Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Budoski: 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2020
What is the essence of taking ladies that has been seriously bleeped by other men to the altar,I mean it's absolute insult before the altar of God....

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Stewart883(m): 2:04pm On Aug 01, 2020
I
Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by UDUJ(m): 2:09pm On Aug 01, 2020
Budoski:
What is the essence of taking ladies that has been seriously bleeped by other men to the altar,I mean it's absolute insult before the altar of God....

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You guys will kill someone with laugh one day cheesy

I come here for comic relief cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Moogurisar: 2:49pm On Aug 01, 2020
If this is the way that things are going to be then we might as well allow polygamous marriages in Nigeria. It seems that the girls are way more than the boys and yet they want to be married. Also I have noticed that these days people do not focus that much on getting marrried. There might come a time when people no longer get married.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 01, 2020
Am in my 30's and ready to settle down, am a civil servant in ondo state, any lady ready to settle down too, enough of hide and seek, contact Deleola77@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Gerrard59(m): 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2020
Palema007:
Lol.... Seriously these guys will believe anything just to feel important. Men are scarce? Lol even in this Corona period, I have seen more than three weddings. grin Every Saturday people are getting married. Men and Women oooo not women and women. grin grin

Same here and I'm surprised that considering the social distancing measures in place, people still congregate to get married. These articles about people not marrying or men are scarce or women are slutty starts and ends on social media. In reality, people still get married in huge numbers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by bossvinqualad25(m): 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2020
UDUJ:

Dumb fvck cheesy, with your miserable dry cleaning services grin
Go to hell nitwit
Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by LizBathory(f): 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2020
Men yakpa, there is an abundance of dicks but you see finding quality, high value men of Nigerian origin? It's like finding a needle in a haystack. Extremely scarce. Thats why I tell my girls to divest and go for men of other races, leave these backwards and irresponsible Naija men alone.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by TechDaddy(m): 3:29pm On Aug 01, 2020
LizBathory:
Men yakpa, there is an abundance of dicks but you see finding quality, high value men of Nigerian origin? It's like finding a needle in a haystack. Extremely scarce. Thats why I tell my girls to divest and go for men of other races, leave these backwards and irresponsible Naija men alone.

If Naija men are "backward and irresponsible", then it is the fault of the women. Who gave birth to them?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Oracleforce: 3:30pm On Aug 01, 2020
Naija Ladies are the problem of themselves... I dated a lady 5 years ago because she is a lawyer and I'm not a lawyer or doctor she looked down on me... she feels proud and underrated rated...now she 44 years and still single......so sorrowful that she didn't marry me...

The problem is this, some ladies usually think that life is static...but life is changing....
they usually get carried away by their past glories but they fail to realize that nature usually tells on them...Agbani darego of the year 2000 is not the same as Agbani Darego of 2020...a lot has happened...

Those ladies I dated then, we're good, intelligent, educated and independent...but they think they deserved more than me...and they think they deserve someone richer than I do...but so many of them are still single and are seriously looking for a suitor...what an irony!/

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2020
Gerrard59:

Same here and I'm surprised that considering the social distancing measures in place, people still congregate to get married. These articles about people not marrying or men are scarce or women are slutty starts and ends on social media. In reality, people still get married in huge numbers.
Exactly! I just wonder where these threads come from.
Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by LizBathory(f): 3:35pm On Aug 01, 2020
You're not ashamed of yourself, blaming women for your incompetences and depravity? What kind of breed of men are you Nigerian men? God forbid! Your father failed you if indeed thats your sentiment.
TechDaddy:

If Naija men are "backward and irresponsible", then it is the fault of the women. Who gave birth to them?
Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by LizBathory(f): 3:38pm On Aug 01, 2020
Son, they actually deserve better than you. it's better to be single and successful at age 44 than to be tied down with a common riff raff. I'd never advise a woman to date down, she has to be equally yoked with someone on her level. It's you foolish Nigerians that think marriage is the beginning and end of life, I just hope more women come to realise that men aren't worth it, they should focus on their own lives and if the right man comes along, she can move with him. No woman should ever settle for less.
Oracleforce:
Naija Ladies are the problem of themselves... I dated a lady 5 years ago because she is a lawyer and I'm not a lawyer or doctor she looked down on me... she feels proud and underrated rated...now she 44 years and still single......so sorrowful that she didn't marry me...

The problem is this, some ladies usually think that life is static...but life is changing....
they usually get carried away by their past glories but they fail to realize that nature usually tells on them...Agbani darego of the year 2000 is not the same as Agbani Darego of 2020...a lot has happened...

Those ladies I dated then, we're good, intelligent, educated and independent...but they think they deserved more than me...and they think they deserve someone richer than I do...but so many of them are still single and are seriously looking for a suitor...what an irony!/
Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by sterlingD(m): 4:04pm On Aug 01, 2020
The truth is that the economy is not smiling at all. The rate of unemployment and underemployment is quite alarming to say the least and this is the major contributing factor.

Marriage involves financial commitment and when the finance is not really there is problem. The need to to attain some level of financial stability is what is causing all this.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Nicoddemus(m): 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2020
GOFRONT:
Pls and pls house, I want to seize this opportunity to notify you all about my Niece who is still single....Tho she just celebrated her 36th birthday but time is really telling on my niece......

She is vey beautiful, Well educated...Chocolatey in color...Pls i need her a God fearing husband...

Pls Go ahead and Pm me.....Thanks and God bless.
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Nicoddemus(m): 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2020
Volkswagen90:
Am in my 30's and ready to settle down, am a civil servant in ondo state, any lady ready to settle down too, enough of hide and seek, contact Deleola77@gmail.com

Oga who did this thing to you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by djon78(m): 4:47pm On Aug 01, 2020
reservd:
The serious guys are scared because of their financial status mostly caused by unemployment. By the time they find something reasonable doing in their 30s, they go for early to mid twenties ladies leaving their age mates or those close to their ages. The wise young ladies grabs this opportunity and marry while some others will say they are still young, wanna complete school, wanna make their own money or build their career etc. By 30 these ladies haven't achieved what they set for themselves but will now want to marry but how many guys wanna marry 30+ lady? This same set of ladies will cry men are scarce after using their hands to throw opportunity away. This is just a factor though, others are wayward lifestyle, brideprice, attitude, education etc

You hit the point
Once a woman doesn't get married at 25 to 27 years
From 28 is even late
When even men in there 40s who married late are marrying girls early to mid 20s.

It's a cycle we are seeing now

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Nicoddemus(m): 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2020
LizBathory:
You're not ashamed of yourself, blaming women for your incompetences and depravity? What kind of breed of men are you Nigerian men? God forbid! Your father failed you if indeed thats your sentiment.

If I say what I intend eh you'll just go and hang yourself. You'll not advice yourself now and stop talking nonsense

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by LagBae(f): 4:57pm On Aug 01, 2020
The nairaland 'redpillers' will like this.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by CsRockefeller(m): 5:26pm On Aug 01, 2020
LizBathory:
Son, they actually deserve better than you. it's better to be single and successful at age 44 than to be tied down with a common riff raff. I'd never advise a woman to date down, she has to be equally yoked with someone on her level. It's you foolish Nigerians that think marriage is the beginning and end of life, I just hope more women come to realise that men aren't worth it, they should focus on their own lives and if the right man comes along, she can move with him. No woman should ever settle for less.

Just look at how you are throwing words carelessly, God help you o.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by simplepee(f): 5:28pm On Aug 01, 2020
Palema007:
Lol.... Seriously these guys will believe anything just to feel important. Men are scarce? Lol even in this Corona period, I have seen more than three weddings. grin Every Saturday people are getting married. Men and Women oooo not women and women. grin grin
No, the people getting married every Saturday are not Nigerians o. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Tharaja(m): 5:31pm On Aug 01, 2020
Men are wicked.....

Chop and run...

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Oracleforce: 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2020
LizBathory:
Son, they actually deserve better than you. it's better to be single and successful at age 44 than to be tied down with a common riff-raff. I'd never advised a woman to date down, she has to be equally yoked with someone on her level. It's you foolish Nigerians that think marriage is the beginning and end of life, I just hope more women come to realize that men aren't worth it, they should focus on their own lives and if the right man comes along, she can move with him. No woman should ever settle for less.

You are entitled to your own opinion...but what I see is that oftentimes what we have is totally different..the reality is that guys see a lot of big girls that are ready.to tie the nut with someone far less than them...

Madam, I'm not quarreling with your perception about what single ladies should stand for..but the truth is that ladies at 25 and below are less-pressured by the society but ladies above 26 years old are more pressured...and the irony and pathetic this is that it is even their married friends that make jest of their friends that are still single. this often puts more pressure on these single ladies to settle down with any kind of guys that comes to their ways......but.guys seldomly do such things...

,.ask some ladies how low they bent before having a peaceful family....nobody denies the fact that some ladies are the best or superintelligent or the most beautiful girl in town but life is not balanced....your husband or wife might be wrapped inside an unconvinced wrapper but because of the fixative nature of some ladies, they kept on looking in their usual straight direction...
Michelle Obama had a good family background while Barack Obama does not....but today, they are married couples

However, there are some guys that are not too good to be hooked with. They are dangerous and disaster to humanity. Pls, ladies avoid them....likewise some ladies ...probably because of their family background and bad experiences...

I

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Cry Out Over Scarcity Of Men To Marry Them by Oracleforce: 5:44pm On Aug 01, 2020
simplepee:
No, the people getting married every Saturday are not Nigerians o. grin grin

What is the percentage of weddings compared to the mammoth crowd of ladies that are still on the waiting list till death do them part?

..you better wise up..grab one by fire by force... I like some ladies...very sharp. They use those guys to achieve their aim of children and after they have gotten 2-3 kids....they form quarrel, scatter the marriage and go with the kids after all women are given the privilege of taking custody of the kids..and they will start collecting childcare pay every month...

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Facts About YORUBA Girls. / 15 Facts About Female And Male Masturbation (adults Only Photos) / What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.