Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,352 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? (15704 Views)

Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? / What Does It Mean,when A Girl Likes Hitting A Guy?. / What's The Big Deal In Friend Zoning A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by beejaei: 2:47pm On May 06, 2011
Let me first state clearly that the only woman I have ever hit seriously was my sister and that is because she was a tomboy and we were always playing. However, lately every tom,dic.k and harry says that "only cowards hit women" or "i will never lay my hands on a woman" etc etc. What is the big deal about hitting women? People talk about it as if anyone that hits a woman is the second coming of Hitler or something. If women are equal to men, then why do they get preferential treatment in this area? I don't get it. What special about women that make them above being hit even though they do stuff that is hit-worthy?
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by MrsChima(f): 2:50pm On May 06, 2011
SMH. We have enough of those threads and I think it is clear that if a woman opens her mouth it is okay to hit her from the collective responses I have seen thus far.

Next question.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by beejaei: 2:52pm On May 06, 2011
I don't know about other threads. I am just curious to know the history of "thou shall not hit a woman" I am pretty sure it is not in the bible that it is a taboo to hit a woman. So what is the origin and justification for this sexist moral code?
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by MrsChima(f): 2:54pm On May 06, 2011
Seriously? undecided undecided undecided

Let me entertain you for a minute, you wants to know the history and justification of why women are hit or not hit?
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 06, 2011
beejaei:

I don't get it. What special about women that make them above being hit even though they do stuff that is hit-worthy?

http://www.experienceproject.com/question-answer/I-Like-Being-Raped-Up-The-Butt-By-A-Woman-Is-It-Ok/428006 tongue tongue grin
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by MrsChima(f): 2:57pm On May 06, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 06, 2011
grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by BloodShed1: 3:03pm On May 06, 2011
For me, violence has no gender, and these days, no age either. Anybody can get thumped round here, well, except children unde the age of 12 and the elderly, since their time is almost up anyway. But even then there are exceptions.

If someone says something that I perceive as disrespectful then it's likely they're getting punched up, especially if they get in my face and run their mouths. And if someone hits me, then they'll definitely get their heads cracked open.

Y'all got a problem with that? Don't disrespect people and NOT expect anything in return, otherwise you deserve whatever's coming back to you, from a punch in your face to a bullet in your forehead. simple.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by MrsChima(f): 3:12pm On May 06, 2011
I am still trying to figure out why he wants to know the history of woman being hit or not being hit? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

This sound like a P.E. question assignment at a grade school.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Omolola1(f): 3:14pm On May 06, 2011
hitting a woman is so over-rated
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by beejaei: 5:38pm On May 06, 2011
^^^^

Thank omolola1. The truth is seeping out gradually. @Chima1 What is wrong with the question? Our elders say if you do not know where you are coming from you cannot know where you are going to. Should we just accept the gospel of "thou shall not hit a woman" without knowing why? The unexamined life is not worth living.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by BloodShed1: 6:05pm On May 06, 2011
beejaei:

^^^^

Thank omolola1. The truth is seeping out gradually. @Chima1 What is wrong with the question? Our elders say if you do not know where you are coming from you cannot know where you are going to. Should we just accept the gospel of "thou shall not hit a woman" without knowing why? The unexamined life is not worth living.

Apparently Chima is AA, and if you know how AA women generally are then you'll understand why she has a problem with that question.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by beejaei: 6:15pm On May 06, 2011
Ooh it makes sense now. @Chima1, your men have beaten the living day light out of you that the thought of being hit makes your very being shudder. I am sorry.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by BloodShed1: 6:18pm On May 06, 2011
beejaei:

Ooh it makes sense now. @Chima1, your men have beaten the living day light out of you that the thought of being hit makes your very being shudder. I am sorry.

Actually, I meant to say it's the other way around.

Don't you know how rude, confrontational and violent AA women are? If you don't then you must live under a rock.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by BABE3: 6:27pm On May 06, 2011
Any baga should try htting me first, then we'll see what the big deal is! smiley
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nekai(f): 6:28pm On May 06, 2011
Since men have a physical advantage in terms of strength and muscular ability, it is cowardly to use this advantage to physically assault women.

Similarly if a child, a mentally handicapped, or frail elderly person were to provoke someone, the unfair advantage makes it a big deal to hit them.

If you use your physical advantage to physically assault someone who is weaker than you and can't fight back it makes you a coward.

A real man who knows his strength doesn't need to resort to such things. It's funny how the same cowards who hit women, wouldn't hit their boss, a policeman, or a professional boxer. (Not to mention they wouldn't hit a man holding a loaded gun)
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Mynd44: 6:33pm On May 06, 2011
@Poster what is the point of hitting someone who you would overpower easily? It takes out the very meaning of the word "FIGHT"
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by livedit(f): 6:40pm On May 06, 2011
Nekai:

Since men have a physical advantage in terms of strength and muscular ability, it is cowardly to use this advantage to physically assault women.

Similarly if a child, a mentally handicapped, or frail elderly person were to provoke someone, the unfair advantage makes it a big deal to hit them.

If you use your physical advantage to physically assault someone who is weaker than you and can't fight back it makes you a coward.

A real man who knows his strength doesn't need to resort to such things. It's funny how the same cowards who hit women, wouldn't hit their boss, a policeman, or a professional boxer. (Not to mention they wouldn't hit a man holding a loaded gun)

Excellent Nekai! My thing is, what gives anybody a right to be hitting anybody? That goes for BOTH women and men. Either way is wrong. Whatever the issue is, why not discuss it as two mature adults. Kids play and hit each other on the play ground. Adults shouldn't be doing that. There is no jusification for either adult sexes to be "hitting" each other.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nekai(f): 6:43pm On May 06, 2011
I agree livedit!

Mynd_44:

@Poster what is the point of hitting someone who you would overpower easily? It takes out the very meaning of the word "FIGHT"
cheesy

I wish guys like you would come with these so that you would be easily indentifiable.

[img]http://www.womensaid.org.uk/core/core_picker/loadimg.asp?id=3001[/img]
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by BloodShed1: 6:51pm On May 06, 2011
Nekai:

Just like it's stupid to provoke someone knowing they have a physical advantage over you. If you don't want to get hit, DONT PROVOKE, simple. Otherwise you deserve what's coming back. That's why I keep to myself.

But you can't compare a grown, able-bodied woman to a child or a handicapped person. I won;t hit someone who is handicapped but if a kid runs his mouth then he/she deserves a slap. Am I lying? Do we not smack up our kids if they get outta line?

Just like a real woman knows her place and understands not to provoke a man who is physically stronger.

Now me personally I'll hit almost anyone except for the categories of people I mentioned earlier here and in a pervious post. I won't be dumb enough to hit a policeman unless I had nothing to live for and as for someone with a loaded gun, only an idiot would try and fight someonewith a gun, I'll just crack something over their head when they turn around, it's been done, when its do or die you'll be surprised what you're capable of.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by beejaei: 6:54pm On May 06, 2011
Thanks for the answers. makes some sense now. so the rul should really be "don't hit someone weaker than you , man or woman"  So a professional boxer woman of 26-years old should not hit a skinny 20 year-old boy.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by MrsChima(f): 6:55pm On May 06, 2011
Blood_Shed:

Apparently Chima is AA, and if you know how AA women generally are then you'll understand why she has a problem with that question.

Apparently you don't know shit about me.  Stick to what you do know which isn't much.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by MrsChima(f): 6:56pm On May 06, 2011
beejaei:

Just because you grew up seeing your daddy beats your mother because she didn't cook the noodles right doesn't mean all other women are beaten by men.

Take your sorries and go shove it.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by BloodShed1: 6:57pm On May 06, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Apparently you don't know poo about me.  Stick to what you do know which isn't much.  

Please, I even remember your thread about your man. I get the impression he's a simp, just what most of you AA prey on.

But was I lying what I said about AA women? Most of them are violent and rude aren't they?
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by deniyor: 7:00pm On May 06, 2011
OP, would you hit a woman if you knew that she could fight back and probably whoop ya a s s? Probably no. Most guys who beat on women do so cos they know its one fight they would win. Its cowardly.
Moreover how would you feel if you lived your life in fear of being beat up constantly? Do you expect a lady to be in love with you after you beat her up? What kind of partnership do you expect to have with the lady if you profess your love to her but you beat her up to discipline her? Is she a kid? If she is, why don`t you go date sm1 who is an adult instead.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by MrsChima(f): 7:01pm On May 06, 2011
Blood_Shed:

Please, I even remember your thread about your man. I get the impression he's a simp, just what most of you AA prey on.

But was I lying what I said about AA women? Most of them are violent and rude aren't they?

Please, I even remember your thread about your woman.  I get the impression she is a dumb hoe just what most of your Africans prey on.  

LMAO@saying he is not an asshole like you meaning he is a simp.   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 06, 2011
Ok STOP THE STEREOTYPING NOW!

Surely we can get our points across without mentioning Nigerians and Akatas.
We are talking about individuals here!
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by MrsChima(f): 7:06pm On May 06, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

Surely we can get our points across with mentioning Nigerians and Akatas.

Exactly.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by BloodShed1: 7:09pm On May 06, 2011
deniyor:

OP, would you hit a woman if you knew that she could fight back and probably whoop ya a s s? Probably no. Most guys who beat on women do so cos they know its one fight they would win. Its cowardly.
Moreover how would you feel if you lived your life in fear of being beat up constantly? Do you expect a lady to be in love with you after you beat her up? What kind of partnership do you expect to have with the lady if you profess your love to her but you beat her up to discipline her? Is she a kid? If she is, why don`t you go date sm1 who is an adult instead.

Actually most men let alot of things (the kind that they would have beaten up a dude for) slide just because they have a protective instinct towards women, just like they do towards children. We're always indoctrinated with the idea that men shouldn't hit women no matter hat the provocation. And women KNOW this, so they play on it by provoking the man until he finally snaps (which is a form of psychological abuse), or until they roll up on the wrong man and deservedly get they're @$$es beat.

But alot of them do. And that's why I laugh at them. They either get involved with abusive men because they have money, or they are turned on by that, but then they complain why the man turns out to be an abusive deadbeat, and I'm like "YOU PICKED HIM!".

The woman can leave, the abusive man has issues, but if you go OUT OF YOUR WAY to get involved with such men then you're fv<ked up too.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by BloodShed1: 7:13pm On May 06, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

Surely we can get our points across without mentioning Nigerians and Akatas.

Who's stereotyping. It's been mostly the females in this thread who have been stereotyping with all this "A real man never blah blah blah", "Any man who hits a woman is a coward, blah blah blah". Why didn't you say anything about them?

Mrs.Chima:

Please, I even remember your thread about your woman.  I get the impression she is a dumb hoe just what most of your Africans prey on.  

LMAO@saying he is not an asshole like you meaning he is a simp.   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What woman? I've never said I've been in a relationship, if you read (which I don't think you can) my posts you'll realise I'm quite anti-serious relationships (I guess that's a term now).

I meant your man is the Steadman type, you know, a punk you can just beat up on. That's what I meant.
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by MrsChima(f): 7:16pm On May 06, 2011
Blood_Shed:

Who's stereotyping. It's been mostly the females in this thread who have been stereotyping with all this "A real man never blah blah blah", "Any man who hits a woman is a coward, blah blah blah". Why didn't you say anything about them?

What woman? I've never said I've been in a relationship, if you read (which I don't think you can) my posts you'll realise I'm quite anti-serious relationships (I guess that's a term now).

I meant your man is the Steadman type, you know, a punk you can just beat up on. That's what I meant.

[size=22pt]Keep hating, hater.[/size]

Real men rocks! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Big Deal In Hitting A Woman? by BloodShed1: 7:18pm On May 06, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

[size=22pt]Keep hating, hater.[/size]

Real men rocks! grin grin grin grin grin

If he's the way I described him then that ain't no real man.

Speaking of which, why the heck do men always let women define their manhood?

No wonder so many men are moist these days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Dis Girl Need A Boy Friend Urgently / Unspoken Marriage Rules You Must Follow / 15 Facts About Female And Male Masturbation (adults Only Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.