Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) (2354 Views)

TB Joshua: I Am Tired & Want To Rest - Usher Reveals Things Prophet Said To Them / Saturday Or Sunday? Which One Is The Real Sabbath Day As Stated In The Bible? / Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 6:50am On Jun 12, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:
What is the recommended day to rest from your paid work, Saturday or Sunday?
I believe strongly it's Saturday not Sunday.
Unless you don't demand for reward after working for people throughout Saturday. (Your work has to be pleasing to GOD.)
Holy people don't demand for rewards from Sunday to Saturday though. We need to be holy and perfect all the days of our lives. That is what GOD demands from followers of CHRIST
So, if you are holy, you are not bounded by the sabbath work law. You can work everyday and rest whenever you want (especially on Saturday)
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 6:47am On Jun 19, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:
Unless you don't demand for reward after working for people throughout Saturday. (Your work has to be pleasing to GOD.)
Holy people don't demand for rewards from Sunday to Saturday though. We need to be holy and perfect all the days of our lives. That is what GOD demands from followers of CHRIST
So, if you are holy, you are not bounded by the sabbath work law. You can work everyday and rest whenever you want (especially on Saturday)

Bump... . . .
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by perezeghi: 10:46am On Jun 19, 2021
SharonLoveth:

Is the Seventh day mentioned therein Saturday or Sunday? As you can see, Nothing like Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc in God's philosophy. It is man made

There's a Jewish Calendar and God instructed His chosen people Israel on it.

Exod.12.1 - Now the LORD gave the following instructions to Moses and Aaron while they were still in the land of Egypt:
Exod.12.2 - "From now on, this month will be the first month of the year for you.
Exod.12.3 - Announce to the whole community that on the tenth day of this month each family must choose a lamb or a young goat for a sacrifice.

If you like history, you can also check about the Ethiopian Calendar. China also have their own unique calender.

What the rest of us use is the Gregorian calender which is a product of the Roman Catholic Church adapted from the Julian Calender used by the Romans/Greeks during the era of Julius Cesar.
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by SharonLoveth(f): 11:49am On Jun 19, 2021
perezeghi:

There's a Jewish Calendar and God instructed His chosen people Israel on it.

Exod.12.1 - Now the LORD gave the following instructions to Moses and Aaron while they were still in the land of Egypt:
Exod.12.2 - "From now on, this month will be the first month of the year for you.
Exod.12.3 - Announce to the whole community that on the tenth day of this month each family must choose a lamb or a young goat for a sacrifice.

If you like history, you can also check about the Ethiopian Calendar. China also have their own unique calender.

What the rest of us use is the Gregorian calender which is a product of the Roman Catholic Church adapted from the Julian Calender used by the Romans/Greeks during the era of Julius Cesar.

You haven't answer my question
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by perezeghi: 2:24pm On Jun 19, 2021
SharonLoveth:

You haven't answer my question

Was it God that named the woman as Eve in the Bible as well as the animals in the garden of Eden. Certainly philosophy is of man and not of God.
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by SharonLoveth(f): 3:02pm On Jun 19, 2021
perezeghi:

Was it God that named the woman as Eve in the Bible as well as the animals in the garden of Eden. Certainly philosophy is of man and not of God.

Still shifting the goal post, answer the question I asked from you, don't deviate.
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by perezeghi: 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2021
SharonLoveth:

Still shifting the goal post, answer the question I asked from you, don't deviate.

I don't think I'm deviating......
I do not need to respond by my words. Scripture can speak for us all......
James 1:17
[17]But whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God, the Creator of all light, and he shines forever without change or shadow.
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by SharonLoveth(f): 3:55pm On Jun 19, 2021
perezeghi:

I don't think I'm deviating......
I do not need to respond by my words. Scripture can speak for us all......
James 1:17
[17]But whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God, the Creator of all light, and he shines forever without change or shadow.

Take care and God bless.. I hate repeating myself wink BYE
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 6:49am On Jun 26, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 6:47am On Jul 10, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:

Bump.. . .
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 6:46am On Jul 17, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 6:47am On Jul 24, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:
Bump.. ..
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by GdNews32: 6:46am On Aug 07, 2021
OpenYourEyes1:
Re: What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) by OpenYourEyes1: 6:50am On Jun 11, 2022
OpenYourEyes1:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should Religious Dogma Be Free From Criticism? / ccc / What Are Your Views Concerning Eckankar(religion Of Light And Sound)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.